Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Someone Please!

Peyton>brady

So when we lose a starter, you want to just not fill his position and play with 10 guys on the field...and then 9....and then 8....etc....etc. Seriously? That's your solution?

Well you showed your smarts by counting down. Obviously this is not his intention. I think it would be better to have people on this team that could start on any other team. There may be 5 or 6 who could.

Lets just face it...our achilles heels for years now has been NO running game and NO running defense. They couldve assessed this many times but have yet to do so. A 2nd string running back ran for over 100 yards against us today.Im just really glad Arian Foster didnt play today because it wouldve been a laugher more than it was. He mightve ran for 300 yars against us. Our run defense just plain sucks. And we CAN NOT run the ball. Joseph Addai is a 2nd string running back at best but we have no one else to carry the load.

Green Bay preseason game. Painter seemed to find a groove. The colts were ahead at half time that game. So we take Painter out. ??????? We are better off to put him in as QB. The players seem to want to give him a chance (going by their comments on TV). Collins was a BIG BOMB just as I expected. Come on, at least give us some hope by taking him out. Would much rather see Curtis in there.

we was sream to get running back help addai was injury prone

they drafted donald brown

we was sreaming for that third pass rusher when freeney ankle was hurt

we got jerry hughes

we was sreaming for new linemen cant convert a 3 an 1

we got constazo and ijalana

we got carter

well we can only fix one major problem per year thru the draft next year will be the run defense

Lets just face it...our achilles heels for years now has been NO running game and NO running defense. They couldve assessed this many times but have yet to do so. A 2nd string running back ran for over 100 yards against us today.Im just really glad Arian Foster didnt play today because it wouldve been a laugher more than it was. He mightve ran for 300 yars against us. Our run defense just plain sucks. And we CAN NOT run the ball. Joseph Addai is a 2nd string running back at best but we have no one else to carry the load.

Honestly, this game wasn't as bad as it seemed to be. As the game went on, the Oline got a little better in pass protection. We knew they were going to need some time to gel and now we're seeing it. However they did improve and Collins wound up getting a little more time to throw as the game went on. He was getting in good rhythm with Wayne and Clark and Garcon to a lesser degree. I'd like to see more of Collie but we're running with bigger personnel so Collie didn't make it on the field as much. I'd like to see Collie get the start at #2 next week over Garcon and move Collie back to the slot when they bring Garcon in 3WR sets.

The running game did well, they just didn't run the ball very much because of getting so far behind so quickly. IMO, they should have just kept with their game plan to try and give the offense a chance to get a rhythm instead of throwing the ball so much to try and come back for a win. After the first quarter it was pretty clear we were not leaving Houston with a win so I'd have just kept trying to establish a balance between run and pass and give yourself some momentum going into the week's practices and in preparing for next week. Overall though, the Colts RB's averaged 4.0 per carry.

The run defense played as well as Houston's run defense because Houston only averaged 4.1 per carry. Tate got to over 100 yards pretty easily because they ran the ball so much in the second half. We do still need some bigger, stronger guys at DT and LB before we're going to really improve against the run, but the guys we have now are bigger and stronger than guys we've had in the past so we should see some improvement. I saw Eric Foster on the field a lot more than I'd have liked and he wound up in on several running plays. Other teams are going to exploit how situationally we play our DL. They know that Johnson, Moala, Anderson etc are our bigger runstuffing guys so they're not always going to run into that line. Same goes for when Mathis, Freeney and Foster are on the field...very likely the other team could check to run. I still think the defense has a lot of potential, at least considering years past. However the constant substituting on the DL, while keeping guys fresh and hopefully healthy, may lead to a longer than normal amount of time needed for them to gel and begin working well as a unit.

Overall, yeah it was a pretty ugly game and a loss that lopsided is never easy. All in all though there was improvement as the game went on and the more these guys play together the better they should get. It's still way too early to write off the season

****Edit: They definitely do need to look at why Clark was left one on one with Mario Williams twice. That kinda thing can never happen.

We should just put Addai in at qb and run a lot of wildcat. Hey we'd gain an extra blocker and it would catch Cleveland off guard. Maybe we'd pull off a 'W'. I doubt it but hey.

I was around when the Baltimore Colts installed Tom Matte to start as qb. It was a big game against Green Bay and Matte almost pulled it off as Colts only lost by 3.

we need a 320 pound nt that requires a double team :sigh:

our little line backers cant get off a block

The weight is meaningless. The reason why there are only 6 or 7 teams (running a 3-4 suited for it, mind you) which have an NT that big who can also play. They just don't come around very often.

It would make no difference on this team, and would be worse during fast-flow plays.

The weight is meaningless. The reason why there are only 6 or 7 teams (running a 3-4 suited for it, mind you) which have an NT that big who can also play. They just don't come around very often.

It would make no difference on this team, and would be worse during fast-flow plays.

I wouldn't say the weight is meaningless because IMO Eric Foster at only 6'2 and 265 lbs at DT is a liability on running downs. You're right, we don't necessarily need a 340 lb DT but we do need to continue getting bigger at both DL and LB. We've definitely gotten bigger than in the past but we've still got a ways to go.