Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looks like KC picks number 1 and Jags number 2

GoColts8818

Broncos are laying the wood on KC right now so they will lock up the top pick with a loss and the Jags having already lost can do no worse than the second overall pick.

Unlike the past couple of years where you have had a clear cut top overall pick it seems much more up in the air this year so I say let the debate start.  Who are the top two picks in this years draft?

The same thing was said about Cam Newton that he could not be a No.1 pick.

With how spread offense formations are making their way to the NFL, college QBs can be transitioned faster with the right coach and OC, IMO.

I do expect the Chiefs to go with Geno Smith and the Jaguars to go with the best pass rusher, Jarvis Jones, much like the Broncos chose Von Miller a few years ago.

With how spread offense formations are making their way to the NFL, college QBs can be transitioned faster with the right coach and OC, IMO.

I do expect the Chiefs to go with Geno Smith and the Jaguars to go with the best pass rusher, Jarvis Jones, much like the Broncos chose Von Miller a few years ago.

The difference is that Cam was the most talented player in that draft which is why he went number one over all.  I don't think Geno Smith is the most talented player in this draft. 

I don't think KC will pick a QB. The best QB is Geno Smith, and I don't think (and neither do any of the experts) he has enough to go no.1.

I think we're probably going to be seeing a non-quarterback number 1 pick, UNLESS, and this is a good possibility that I'm believing more and more: KC will trade out of that spot.

I think by the time the draft rolls around, we will have two or three QBs taken in the first round.  It's just too easy for the media to hype these guys up after combine, workouts, etc.

Especially after what we've seen this year.  3 rookie QBs in the playoffs.  I think it is going to be hard for some of these teams not to take the chance, even on what is widely considered a weak QB draft class.

Just to add to what I just wrote...

KC could probably wait until the second round and I think you'll find Barkley there at 33. They could also trade up into the late 20s.

I would guess Barkley would go somewhere around 22-25. Not a big arm nor a great athelete , but with 6-7 teams needing a QB . he should go around there. 

and for whomever drafts Barkley, they will continue their saga of overrated QB's coming out of USC.  The last USC QB to do anything remotely successful was Palmer, and really what has he done?

THANK YOU! I have been telling people this for years!

Matt Lienart was a bust, Sanchez was a bust, Palmer was the only good one and that don't say much considering the Bengals replace him with Dalton and in just 2 years he's done more than Palmer did in his whole career there. Barkley isn't going to do anything. USC Quarterbacks are extremely overrated.

No way Geno goes number one. Did you watch the last half of his season. Not very impressive

With the success of teams finding talented QB's in the later rounds, I see KC drafting a "right-now" impact player with the #1 overall pick and drafting their QB probably in the 2nd or later rounds. 

OR

If they receive an offer where they can garner 2 first round picks and stay in the top 10, they may draft both in the first round.

THANK YOU! I have been telling people this for years!

Matt Lienart was a bust, Sanchez was a bust, Palmer was the only good one and that don't say much considering the Bengals replace him with Dalton and in just 2 years he's done more than Palmer did in his whole career there. Barkley isn't going to do anything. USC Quarterbacks are extremely overrated.

Heck the only thing meaningful to come out of USC in the past 10 years that makes you say wow is Polamalu, I guess you could twist my arm enough to add Maualuga from Cincy.  Reggie Bush hasn't been heads above the rest and Cushing hasn't been the same since roids, then he got injured this season so jury still out on him. . . .

Hopefully our players (justice,Moala) pan out better than their recent QB's

Heck the only thing meaningful to come out of USC in the past 10 years that makes you say wow is Polamalu, I guess you could twist my arm enough to add Maualuga from Cincy.  Reggie Bush hasn't been heads above the rest and Cushing hasn't been the same since roids, then he got injured this season so jury still out on him. . . .

Maualuga, Cushing, and Matthews are all beasts from USC who have continued to compete like Trojans, even in the NFL.

Kalil and Mathews ? Lot of other good players but these are about the only other great playefrs I can think of.

sorry Qwiz... didnt see your post

Matthew Barkley - USC

barkley is not the best player in this draft so unless they move back to get which is possible he won't be their first pick. They may look outside the draft for a QB. Maybe they see if they can get a guy like Flynn out of Seattle or something.

barkley is not the best player in this draft so unless they move back to get which is possible he won't be their first pick. They may look outside the draft for a QB. Maybe they see if they can get a guy like Flynn out of Seattle or something.

Not too many teams saw Flynn as a long term answer at QB but he would make sense if they wanted to wait another year before drafting their franchise guy or a QB that was raw with big upside in the middle rounds. 

I think Flynn is slated to receive 5.25 million in 2013, 2 million of it is guaranteed. 6.25 mill, another 2 million guaranteed, in 2014