Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lost: Offense

John Waylon

Clearly. I've learnt my lesson - sorry Superman and NewEra. Luck is the perfect player already, if only the other 52 members of the team weren't so useless! Luck for MVP etc. 

Oh stop it. Luck has been downright Painter-esque in the second half (as he bounces a pass to a receiver). He's very deserving of criticism, and even his biggest fan would admit it.

However, Arians' play calling has been ridiculous, the line has been dreadful, the defense has been awful, and the receivers have dropped a handful of passes. He's not the only one performing like a bum.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh stop it. Luck has been downright Painter-esque in the second half (as he bounces a pass to a receiver). He's very deserving of criticism, and even his biggest fan would admit it.

However, Arians' play calling has been ridiculous, the line has been dreadful, the defense has been awful, and the receivers have dropped a handful of passes. He's not the only one performing like a bum.

I did say exactly this a few posts up (http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/13875-lost-offense/#entry367597) but apparently I'm still a "hater". 

Why would you call a play and have your qb as your lead blocker, on a lber at that. Wow, trying to get the whole offense murdered

I like the idea, but the play was a mess. I think it's probably better suited to be run outside the red zone. There just wasn't enough space for anyone to get open down there.

Because you don't know how to disagree with someone without resorting to labelling them a hater or deliberately anti?

Yeah, cause I clearly responded with the are you stupid question. He needs to throw more accurate passes no doubt. Maybe if he had more time or wasnt under so much pressure he could step up. I just think its his first year. He has taken a beating so his clock is going off fast. Still a lot of those balls were catchable.

I dunno, based on the rest of the game, a run on third and 8 should be a pretty safe bet.

Not a draw. 

First, you have the clock, and by running the ball and failing to convert, you keep the clock running. Fail.

Second, you've been power running all game long. If you need 8 yards and you want to try to get it on the ground, why get cute and run a draw? Especially with your power back?

And then, you punt? Really stupid decisions by the Chiefs.

Question. If for some miraculous intervention the Colts somehow made it through the playoffs to the superbowl and won, would it still matter HOW ugly it was getting there? Or would a "win" be a "win"? I know its like a snowballs chance in a lake of fire but what if?

Me, personally I'd take the win and run!

Question. If for some miraculous intervention the Colts somehow made it through the playoffs to the superbowl and won, would it still matter HOW ugly it was getting there? Or would a "win" be a "win"? I know its like a snowballs chance in a lake of fire but what if?

Not really. That's the last game of the season. The reason I'm critical of our offense right now is because I think we can make adjustments to be better. If we win the Super Bowl, then it's on to next season. 

Hver, Arians' play calling has been ridiculous, the line has been dreadful, the defense has been awful, and the receivers have dropped a handful of passes. He's not the only one performing like a bum.

Damn you Superman  I was going to use the term " Painter-esque" to describe Luck's play but you beet me to it.

Well Painter probably would not have pulled the game out at the end though. Having said that, I have a bit of a hard  time lauding Andrew for being "clutch" or leading yet another 4th quarter winning drive. Andrew was awful and has shown very little improvement in his weak areas. I am excited about him as our future QB but have to admit I have my concerns as well.

Damn you Superman  I was going to use the term " Painter-esque" to describe Luck's play but you beet me to it.

Well Painter probably would not have pulled the game out at the end though. Having said that, I have a bit of a hard  time lauding Andrew for being "clutch" or leading yet another 4th quarter winning drive. Andrew was awful and has shown very little improvement in his weak areas. I am excited about him as our future QB but have to admit I have my concerns as well.

Ehhh. I think we can praise Luck for his play with the game on the line, and at the same time criticize him for his suckiness at other points in the game. No question he needs to get better, but I like that there's no question whether he can handle himself when the game is on the line.

He also moved the ball 60 yards on the final drive of the first half to set up a field goal. 

Criticism is still not allowed on Luck. Failure to comply will lead to immediate illogical reactions, that could best be compared to the delusional, naive, utopian worshipping we see from vampire-fans (aka *ic teenage girls) these days. Proceed with extreme caution.

I think that good Colt fans as well as total jerks should be allowed to criticise anyone they so choose. 

If found, please return to 7001 W 56th Street, Indianapolis Indiana.

Thanks.

It's 100% on the OL, how Luck isn't injured is amazing. This OL is disgusting. Next year we have to exhaust all efforts getting a middle of the pack OL. Probably the worst OL I've ever seen. When your QB has been knocked down triple digit times, something needs to be done immediately. Fortunately due to his mobility and poise he's alive.

I have never seen a rookie QB run for his life every play like this.

In addition to a lost offense,   I'm asking all my Indianapolis friends to be on the look-out.

Next time you go to the market please see if Andrew Luck's face is on the side of a milk carton.    Because the guy playing QB for the Colts no longer looks like the guy I watched at Stanford for 3 years.    (except for the late TD drive)

This offensive system is so....   offensive,  I barely recognize Luck anymore.

In addition to a lost offense,   I'm asking all my Indianapolis friends to be on the look-out.

Next time you go to the market please see if Andrew Luck's face is on the side of a milk carton.    Because the guy playing QB for the Colts no longer looks like the guy I watched at Stanford for 3 years.    (except for the late TD drive)

This offensive system is so....   offensive,  I barely recognize Luck anymore.

I agree, there's so many things that we can really improve on from the system/calling plays, to the line, wr's running better routes and or catching the ball. Luck settling down and not being afraid for his life and making better passes.

Todays offensive performance was a bit frustrating.  Luck had plently of time to throw, but we still were unable to produce much.  I am glad we won, but the O was definitely not efficient.   I am glad that Arians made pretty good effort to run the ball I'll say that.  Passing game has to improve.  It would have looked a bit better if guys weren't dropping balls left and right as well. 

True...Luck has looked awful lately.  However, these are the growing pains of a young quarterback.  The league has made adjustments to him.  They are staying in their rush lanes and collapsing the middle of the pocket.  Notice that Luck is rarely able to step up in the pocket now.  He is constantly running backwards or towards the sidelines.  He seldom is able to even scramble downfield as much because defensive linemen or staying put and forcing his runs out toward the sidelines. 

The league has adjusted to Luck, amped up the pass rush pressure even more.  Now you are seeing Luck struggling to adjust.  He will...eventually, but our offensive line is going to have to get much better.  It's all part of the growing pains that young quarterbacks experience in the back & forth chess game that is the NFL.

Fortunately, he is still finding ways to get it done when he absolutely has to.

Luck is 1-7 in the second half right now, with a sack and a scramble (nine pass plays called). We've run the ball twice. We have one first down. We started the half with a ten point lead.

Can I criticize Arians' play calling?

You can. But short plays, deep plays, whatever... they were all getting defensed.  If we gave up on run too early and too often, I agree. 

It's 100% on the OL, how Luck isn't injured is amazing. This OL is disgusting. Next year we have to exhaust all efforts getting a middle of the pack OL. Probably the worst OL I've ever seen. When your QB has been knocked down triple digit times, something needs to be done immediately. Fortunately due to his mobility and poise he's alive.

What is really funny, I felt the o line made the biggest improvement over last week. All other phases, including coaching aspects, regressed horridly.  So that  is a really bad sign. LOL

Yes, the O line is terrible and that has a lot to do with Luck having trouble much or the time. But, there are plenty of times when he has plenty of time in the pocket and he just throws horrible passes. It has been happening all year.