Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting Grigson/Davis Article

Moncrief

Nice find Austin Collie dude. I'm siding with Grigson on this one. Also good to know we are only missing our 2nd ad 5th rounders. Probably net something like a 6th for players lost vs players signed. Six picks not that bad , especially considering the cap room.

Nice find Austin Collie dude. I'm siding with Grigson on this one. Also good to know we are only missing our 2nd ad 5th rounders. Probably net something like a 6th for players lost vs players signed. Six picks not that bad , especially considering the cap room.

Thank you kind sir.

I think Davis is still first round talent and TY is already one of the best young WRs in the league.  Well worth a 2 and a 5.  

I know we'll get the comps for FAs we lost, but don't they balance them against the FAs we took in?  

Considering what Miami invested in Vontae (1st round 25th pick) then we got a bargain since we offered a 2nd for him. Could we have put that draft pick to better use? That can and will debated at the very least until Vontae proves to be worth it on the field BUT he is only 24 and should get alot better. Would I have done it if I was in that position? I dont know, probably not because we have so many other needs BUT if he works  out HOPEFULLY SOON then that is one less need to fill even though we still need another Corner to pair with him. Be a playmaker Vontae!

1 thing I like about Grigson: He is smart & he is never afraid to pull the trigger. "'Can I get Vontae in the draft (in 2013)? Hell no,' " he said. "He's been battled tested. He nearly went to the Pro Bowl in 2010. To me, that was why I was so aggressive." 

Is VD talented? Is he cheap salary wise? Is he or best option to fill a void? Yes..Yes..Yes..

JJ Watt: "Off the field, I'm a nice guy. But on the field, you have to turn into a monster. You have to be able to turn into someone else, into a beast, into a monster."

The best defense players can always flip a switch, put on a helmet, & become the Incredible Hulk when they have to from Deacon Jones, to Dick Butkus, to Lawrence Taylor, to Justin Tuck...I want my defensive LBs & DE's fast, hard, and MEAN with a motor that never ever stops...Kill the Quarterback above all else....

I think Davis is still first round talent and TY is already one of the best young WRs in the league.  Well worth a 2 and a 5.  

I know we'll get the comps for FAs we lost, but don't they balance them against the FAs we took in?  

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you...   apologies if I am....

But, for the record,  we paid a #2 for Davis (and something else?) and a #4 and a #5 to move up for TYH.

1 thing I like about Grigson: He is smart & he is never afraid to pull the trigger. "'Can I get Vontae in the draft (in 2013)? Hell no,' " he said. "He's been battled tested. He nearly went to the Pro Bowl in 2010. To me, that was why I was so aggressive." 

Is VD talented? Is he cheap salary wise? Is he or best option to fill a void? Yes..Yes..Yes..

JJ Watt: "Off the field, I'm a nice guy. But on the field, you have to turn into a monster. You have to be able to turn into someone else, into a beast, into a monster."

The best defense players can always flip a switch, put on a helmet, & become the Incredible Hulk when they have to from Deacon Jones, to Dick Butkus, to Lawrence Taylor, to Justin Tuck...I want my defensive LBs & DE's fast, hard, and MEAN with a motor that never ever stops...Kill the Quarterback above all else....

Kill? Gregg Williams is that you

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="coltsrule91" data-cid="360485" data-time="1355636945"><p>

not to mention the way we're going, that second round pick is gonna be a late twenty pick which is basically a third round pick so we really benefited more in this deal.</p></blockquote>

Agreed

Nope, Davis only cost us a 2 and we traded our 5 to move up for TY.

I think we're saying the same thing, at least, I hope we are.....

We traded a 2 for Davis.  (we actually added a 6, but that is voided now since Davis will not have played enough)

We traded our 4 last year and our 5 this year to move up into the 3rd round to take TY Hilton.

I think we're saying the same thing, at least, I hope we are.....

We traded a 2 for Davis.  (we actually added a 6, but that is voided now since Davis will not have played enough)

We traded our 4 last year and our 5 this year to move up into the 3rd round to take TY Hilton.

You are correct sir!

They do consider what you gained vs. what you lost, and award compensatory picks accordingly. I don't understand the formula, so I'm not sure whether we should expect picks or not.

They do consider what you gained vs. what you lost, and award compensatory picks accordingly. I don't understand the formula, so I'm not sure whether we should expect picks or not.

Right, we got Redding, Zibs, and Avery. Maybe a few others. It may be a wash from what we lost.

Watching Davis today. He got beat by some good throws and good catches but the dude is always there he seems not to get burnt to often.. He blankets his man pretty good I really am starting to like this kid. We just need a little more pressure on the qb to get some bad throws and I say the big plays from him will come

Right, we got Redding, Zibs, and Avery. Maybe a few others. It may be a wash from what we lost.

Satele, McGlynn, etc. (I don't know if Freeman counts; it's probably exclusive to players that were on another team's roster during the previous season, and Freeman is technically a first year player, so...) We lost Garcon, Wheeler, Tamme, Saturday, etc. 

Like I said, I don't know the formula, but I'm not holding my breath for a compensatory draft pick this year.