Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does this scare anyone else?

gbrads_rants

wouldn't say it scares me, What is scary is Suh knows our protections and that Andrew holds onto the ball a little to long and that we dont have much of a short passing game. Lucks is mobile so that is a good thing. But if there was ever a time for Arians to figure out what a short passing game is or what I have meant by saying Go short to go long then this would be that game because our O Line does not stand a chance in this game if we are using long passes down after down and this would be the game if Andrew was gonna get hurt then this is it

wouldn't say it scares me, What is scary is Suh knows our protections and that Andrew holds onto the ball a little to long and that we dont have much of a short passing game. Lucks is mobile so that is a good thing. But if there was ever a time for Arians to figure out what a short passing game is or what I have meant by saying Go short to go long then this would be that game because our O Line does not stand a chance in this game if we are using long passes down after down and this would be the game if Andrew was gonna get hurt then this is it

That's what I mean...I'm not referring to Suhs desire to break Andrew's face, moreso the fact that they believe the passing game is one dimensional and can be easily exploited

That's what I mean...I'm not referring to Suhs desire to break Andrew's face, moreso the fact that they believe the passing game is one dimensional and can be easily exploited

Because it can, What makes our passing game one dimensional is the play caller himself. My guess is Arians is going to go into Detroit and try to make this a shootout from the start which we do have the players to make it one, Wayne, Avery, Hilton (those last 3 especially are a threat to score every time they touch the ball), Brown (same thing when healthy). But we cant do it with long passes down after down, we have to use Lucks mobility and dinking and

dunking while setting up playaction, I got no problem with making it a shootout but just because its a shootout doesnt always mean you have to throw the ball at will. scoring is whats most important not how you scored. Just my opinions

I would imagine all teams we will be playing down the road know exactly what Suh was talking about by now. Arians needs to change things up a bit. We certainly don't need Andrew rushing and getting hit full force by a 300 lb player. He's been Lucky so far but his Luck could run out and I would hate to see that. :goodluck:

I would imagine all teams we will be playing down the road know exactly what Suh was talking about by now. Arians needs to change things up a bit. We certainly don't need Andrew rushing and getting hit full force by a 300 lb player. He's been Lucky so far but his Luck could run out and I would hate to see that. :goodluck:

I wouldn't mind seeing a little dinking and dunking on Sunday.

We at least attempted some screens against Buffalo... I don't know how many, but I do think Arians has been stepping ever so slightly outside of his comfort zone since the NE game where they dinked us to death.. I expect to see some screens and reverses to T.Y. in 2 TE sets this week... I like it when a player thinks he has a team full of rookies "figured out".... hopefully we can get the ball out quicker against a formidable D-Line and nobody gets kicked in the groin or stomped on... I still think that Detroit is going to penalize and coach themselves out of this game in the end...

We've faced the Bears, the stout Bills D-line with Super Mario, the Vikings with Jared Allen their tough D-line, the Packers with Clay Mathews , the Dolphins and their solid D-line/ front seven, etc.. We'll adjust and be fine.

I'm sure the Lions are worried about Frathis.

Every team has their strong points. The Lions still give up a lot of passing yards, and I expect Luck to be stellar as he has been all year.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little dinking and dunking on Sunday.

Agree, That's what I meant when I said Arians need to change things up a little. We are getting as predictable as when Caldwell was here in my opinion. A little dinking and dunking would would also help Luck and he wouldn't have to hang on to the ball so long waiting for his down the field receivers to get down the field. JMO for what it's worth. :thmup: ( Seeing as I'm not a coach ) :funny: Just my observation on past games.

I really think Luck is the most durable quarterback in the NFL right now. I think he can take a hit better than anyone else.

Luck may be durable but if he takes too many unnecessary hits he won't be the most durable because he could be on the injury report. Look at Big Ben and what all those hits has done to him now. JMO

The writing is on the wall for this game to be a blowout, in favor of Detroit. They're desperate, for one. But more importantly, Arians is stubborn and will continue to call his normal inefficient offense this Sunday. It's who he is, and he has already proven during his time in Pittsburgh that he has no intention of changing (that's why he was fired.) Luck will continue to get hurried, sacked, hit and will turn the ball over occasionally because of it. The fact that this is a road game, against one of the most talented D-line's in the league makes it that much more apparent, this is likely a loss. Of course, I hope I am 100% wrong in saying all this, but unless we alter our strategy a little (particularly on offense), it will be the most likely outcome

"Does this scare anyone else?" What are you scared of exactly? Luck getting hurt? Look, we all know that Lions DC Gunther Cunningham is bring the pass rush heat & that Suh is a dirty player & loves to take cheap shots...So what? You can't live in fear.

But, I did find it funny that the reporter brought up the Thanksgiving incident. "We're not gonna talk about this. Ah, you just did sir." hahaHow can you move past something if you keep mentioning it there genius? :slaphead: :facepalm:

There is the flip side to this equation: Luck scrambles, throws for a 1st down, Suh takes a cheap roughing the passer penalty, we get 15 free penalty yards, we score a TD, the Lion defense begins to get angry, play sloppy, miss gap assignments, & we continue to get 1st downs as the Lions keep sabotaging their own chances of winning...A convincing Colts victory 24-13. Sounds great to me man! :colts:

Why be scared?

On the first play of the game, Andrew should tell Satele and McGlynn to step aside and just let Suh thru....then take a 7 step drop and fire the ball as hard as he can.....hitting Suh directly in the nuts.

And then on Monday he can tell Commissioner Fife "sorry Roger, that one got away from me".

Problem solved.

Colts - 34

Lions - 28

Why be scared?

On the first play of the game, Andrew should tell Satele and McGlynn to step aside and just let Suh thru....then take a 7 step drop and fire the ball as hard as he can.....hitting Suh directly in the nuts.

And then on Monday he can tell Commissioner Fife "sorry Roger, that one got away from me".

Problem solved.

Colts - 34

Lions - 28

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: Best post I have read in a long time. :thmup:

Why be scared?

Problem solved.

Colts - 34

Lions - 28

this made me :lol::yahoo:haha too funny

Why be scared?

Problem solved.

Colts - 34

Lions - 28

Yeah take a page out of the book of another great Colts QB if Suh wants to get dirty...

"A guy broke through the line, hit him, pushed his head in the ground. He called the same play, let the guy come through and broke his nose with the football. I said, "That's my hero,' " says Bubba Smith about Johnny Unitas on ESPN Classic's SportsCentury series.

http://espn.go.com/classic/biography/s/Unitas_Johnny.html