Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't forget this fellas....

John Dee

I don't know what you could possibly learn from a butt whippin like this other than the fact that your team is not very good.

For a game that will end in this score, I'm not really all that discouraged. They move the ball every bit as well as the Patriots do. They just make too many youthful mistakes. This game snowballed on turnovers and special teams plays. The Patriots scored 28 points off turnovers; another 7 off a short field. If the Colts play a clean game, they can match the Patriots, or anyone, offensively.

For a game that will end in this score, I'm not really all that discouraged. They move the ball every bit as well as the Patriots do. They just make too many youthful mistakes. This game snowballed on turnovers and special teams plays. The Patriots scored 28 points off turnovers; another 7 off a short field. If the Colts play a clean game, they can match the Patriots, or anyone, offensively.

Only 24 points against one of the worst defenses in the NFL? Ehhh....

Without those mistakes we still lose this game easily.

I dont envision a day in the near future where this defense will be able to hold Tom Brady under 40pts.

Scary

i guessing you don't envision a lot. it's the first year of a rebuilding team that made scheme change. and technically they did hold the offense, or as you say tom brady, under 40 pts

Only 24 points against one of the worst defenses in the NFL? Ehhh....

Right... because they turned the ball over. Had they not turned the ball over, they obviously would have scored more, right? They were moving the ball every bit as well as the Patriots were.

I honestly don't think you can say the Colts are fine unless you are fine with being a mediocre team. If the Colts play the Patriots again this season than it will just be a repeat of this. This team and Luck will get better though, in 4-6 years I really think the Colts will once again be able to say that they are a good team. I mean just look at how much improvement there has been between last season and this one.

Right... because they turned the ball over. Had they not turned the ball over, they obviously would have scored more, right? They were moving the ball every bit as well as the Patriots were.

We could have only hoped they would have, but with the decisions Luck was making on his throws who knows.

I honestly don't think you can say the Colts are fine unless you are fine with being a mediocre team. If the Colts play the Patriots again this season than it will just be a repeat of this. This team and Luck will get better though, in 4-6 years I really think the Colts will once again be able to say that they are a good team. I mean just look at how much improvement there has been between last season and this one.

If they can put a defense together it wil be a lot less than 4-6 yrs,the offense will improve quickly after they quit making the rookie mistakes.

Cant get too high or too low in this league off wins or losses.

Fans like us console ourselves stating that "IF the turnovers did not happen, we could have...." but then it has been the theme in road games outside our division. Luck, the defense and the ST put on a pathetic display. Flashes of playmaking but little consistency. Left points on the board with turnovers like we did not want to, and paid a huge price for it. Tom Brady does not make too many mistakes folks, the only way the Pats go down in a 60 minute game is fighting till the end, so you have to keep it close with them all the way.

I am not using IFs and BUTs, period, others can. We will see how we respond vs the Bills at home. Our cup cake schedule moving forward with the Bills, Titans and Chiefs is what we have to bank on to get 9 wins. Not too confident about playing at Detroit, I am not, with our secondary against any potent passing offense.

This loss is slightly easier to digest because it was the Pats but Luck needs to stop playing like Big Ben and Arians should stop putting him in situations like those, IMO. Cant go for 20 plus yard passes all the time, it is OK to call a few RB screens and dumpoffs, Mr. Arians.

Can someone tell me how long Arians tutored Peyton as QB coach in Indy? Isn't it 1998-2000? The reason I am asking it was tendencies that I noticed in Peyton to not take checkdowns to RBs stayed on for a LONG time. Belichick exploited it in 2003 and 2004 playoffs by playing his LBs deep and Peyton went for longer yardage and turned the ball over more. Same thing in 2005 playoffs vs Steelers too. However, in 2006, it changed and checkdowns started happening with Addai catching a SB record for RB catches and we won it all. I am afraid deep down Arians will build those tendencies into Luck as well.

Maybe someone else felt that way. But I hated the punt from the 45 yard line of the Pats with the score 17-31 (or was it 17-24???), btw, and I felt we needed to go for it vs a QB like Brady.

If they can put a defense together it wil be a lot less than 4-6 yrs,the offense will improve quickly after they quit making the rookie mistakes.

Oh, I hope you are right and that would be awesome. I just don't want to get my expectations up. It doesn't honestly matter how long it takes for me, I just hope we are able to say the Colts are one of the best teams in the NFL again like they were under Manning.