Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ideal scenarIo for monster draft

First round Hankins DT, jones LB, or fluker OT, Warmack G, in that order. Most likely still no second. Third round small chance we could get Jackson jeffcoat DE Texas he is out with a Ruptured pectoral muscle. His draft stock will go down I just can't gauge how far. I don't watch enough college ball to predict further rounds. What do you think.

First round Hankins DT, jones LB, or fluker OT, Warmack G, in that order. Most likely still no second. Third round small chance we could get Jackson jeffcoat DE Texas he is out with a Ruptured pectoral muscle. His draft stock will go down I just can't gauge how far. I don't watch enough college ball to predict further rounds. What do you think.

I still REALLY wanna come out of this draft with a starting SS next to Bethea. Someone like Kenny Vacarro or Matt Elam. Getting a talented young SS to pair with Bethea would do wonders for this secondary and defense.

I could see us picking anywhere between 5-15 so if we cant land a stud player in the front seven on defense, I would be in favor of trading down to the late first and selecting Vacarro while also getting AT LEAST a 2nd round pick in return.

My ideal draft is this(predicting we're picking 8th overall)...

1st- If both DTs Hankins and Lotulelei are gone, I hope we trade down to around the 20th pick, getting an extra 2nd.

-With the 20th selection, Indy takes OG Chance Warmack (I could see us signing a few guys on the OL in free agency, but they wont be the run blocker Warmack is slated to be. Warmack is a beast in the run game, which we desperately need to control the clock on offense.)

2nd(via trade)- Indy selects whoever is left between SS Kenny Vacarro and SS Matt Elam.

3rd round- Indy selects DE/OLB Sean Porter (Undersized pass rusher but has very good speed and athleticism. Perfect for our indoor surface and the 3-4. Helps replace the predicted loss of Freeney in the offseason. Having Mathis, Hughes, and Porter will be a decent pass rush.)

4th- Indy selects DE Margus Hunt (Raw player but a physical freak who can be coached up. We need better players at DE besides Redding. We probably need to keep Fili Moala and Drake Nevis for depth.)

I still REALLY wanna come out of this draft with a starting SS next to Bethea. Someone like Kenny Vacarro or Matt Elam. Getting a talented young SS to pair with Bethea would do wonders for this secondary and defense.

I could see us picking anywhere between 5-15 so if we cant land a stud player in the front seven on defense, I would be in favor of trading down to the late first and selecting Vacarro while also getting AT LEAST a 2nd round pick in return.

1st- If both DTs Hankins and Lotulelei are gone, I hope we trade down to around the 20th pick, getting an extra 2nd.

-With the 20th selection, Indy takes OG Chance Warmack (I could see us signing a few guys on the OL in free agency, but they wont be the run blocker Warmack is slated to be. Warmack is a beast in the run game, which we desperately need to control the clock on offense.)

2nd(via trade)- Indy selects whoever is left between SS Kenny Vacarro and SS Matt Elam.

3rd round- Indy selects DE/OLB Sean Porter (Undersized pass rusher but has very good speed and athleticism. Perfect for our indoor surface and the 3-4. Helps replace the predicted loss of Freeney in the offseason. Having Mathis, Hughes, and Porter will be a decent pass rush.)

4th- Indy selects DE Margus Hunt (Raw player but a physical freak who can be coached up. We need better players at DE besides Redding. We probably need to keep Fili Moala and Drake Nevis for depth.)

Several thoughts....

First, Hunt is likely going to be long gone. Right now, he's beginning to show up on lists at the top of the 2nd round... guys that big with great raw tools just don't last to the 4th round.

Second, I'm hoping I can point out the irony of your huge man crush for taking a safety in the 2nd round. Your avatar here is Bethea 41. He's your guy and no one can blame you. Heckuva player. But Bethea was drafted by the Colts in the 6th round, 207th overall. Vacarro may go in the 1st, and Elam may go in the 2nd. Maybe to us, who knows? But I don't think we have to use a premium pick at a non-premium position. Personally, I'd like to take a safety in the 3rd round, maybe even the 4th depending on how the draft shakes out.

Just one man's opinion.... but I hope I've given you some food for thought....

I'm hoping we get a 3rd for Garçon

I thought someone like Superman or FireJimCaldwell has posted that you can't get more than a 4 for a compensatory phase draft pick. And I thought they also said it would be more likely the pick would be a 4, or even a 5. So, right now, I'm expecting a 5, but quietly hoping it becomes a 4.

I could easily be wrong, but that's what I thought I've read here....

ss is a major need but not as much as the defensive and offensive lines. even if both star and hankins are gone which is a high possibility both are top 7 picks, there still will be great players left. players like montgomery,joekel,teo,or even milliner. freeney won't be back next year and im assuming powers won't be either because if he was he would already have a new deal in place right now. this is a very deep safety draft and we should be able to get someone in the 3rd round like rambo or lester.

I thought someone like Superman or FireJimCaldwell has posted that you can't get more than a 4 for a compensatory phase draft pick. And I thought they also said it would be more likely the pick would be a 4, or even a 5. So, right now, I'm expecting a 5, but quietly hoping it becomes a 4.

I could easily be wrong, but that's what I thought I've read here....

No you can get a 3rd. Raiders got a 3rd for Asomugha and a 3rd is the highest comp pick you can get

No you can get a 3rd. Raiders got a 3rd for Asomugha and a 3rd is the highest comp pick you can get

Great! Good to know. Thanks for the 411.

Now, the question is, what will Garcon bring us?

From previous posts, other Colts fans here think he's the only FA we lost that will bring us a compensatory pick.

The posts I've read suggest either a 4 or a 5. So, I'm obviously hoping for a 4, but I'm expecting the 5....

Guess we won't know until we know.... if you know what I mean?!?

Great! Good to know. Thanks for the 411.

Now, the question is, what will Garcon bring us?

From previous posts, other Colts fans here think he's the only FA we lost that will bring us a compensatory pick.

The posts I've read suggest either a 4 or a 5. So, I'm obviously hoping for a 4, but I'm expecting the 5....

Guess we won't know until we know.... if you know what I mean?!?

No problem.

I think him and Saturday (wait nvm; Satele) will bring us some extra picks. Jacob Tamme, Clark, Addai, Brackett, Bullitt and only 2 of them are on teams that could allow for us to acquire extra picks

We lost Peyton Manning (cut, Broncos, starter), Jacob Tamme (FA, Broncos, backup), Philip Wheeler (FA, Raiders, starter), Jerome Felton (FA, Vikings, starter), Pierre Garcon (FA, Redskins, starter), Quinn Ojinnaka (FA, Rams, starter), Dan Orlovsky (FA, Buccaneers, backup), Mike Pollak (FA, Panthers, IR), Jeff Saturday (FA, Packers, starter), Jacob Lacy (FA, Lions, backup), Dallas Clark (cut, Buccaneers, starter).

But we got Cory Redding (starter), Tom Zbikowski (starter), Mike McGlynn (starter), Samson Satele (starter), Donnie Avery (starter), Antonio Dixon (backup, Darius Butler (backup, Korey Lindsey (IR).

How this would be matched?

My trade down scenario would be

1. Barret Jones

2.D.J. Fluker

3. Shawn Williams

from looking around this isn't too unlikely, Fluker's stock has fallen a bit (not due to his play but other player's stock rising instead. Shawn Willaims stock has slowly been falling week-by-week and for no good reason really, he looks great! And Barret Jones is a bit more obvious, I like Warmack so that's a fair substitute, but Jones is pretty versatile.

My trade down scenario would be

1. Barret Jones

2.D.J. Fluker

3. Shawn Williams

from looking around this isn't too unlikely, Fluker's stock has fallen a bit (not due to his play but other player's stock rising instead. Shawn Willaims stock has slowly been falling week-by-week and for no good reason really, he looks great! And Barret Jones is a bit more obvious, I like Warmack so that's a fair substitute, but Jones is pretty versatile.

Kiper recently said that Jones stock is at 3rd to 4th round.

No problem.

I think him and Saturday (wait nvm; Satele) will bring us some extra picks. Jacob Tamme, Clark, Addai, Brackett, Bullitt and only 2 of them are on teams that could allow for us to acquire extra picks

I'm pretty sure we cut Clark, Addai, Brackett, and Bullitt. They won't count towards compensatory selections unless their contracts expired and we're unrestricted free agents.

Not entirely sure though.

Trade down in the first to pick 20, pick up a 2nd and a 4th in the process

1.Barrett Jones very versatile can play pretty much all O Line positions

2.Alex Okafor 3-4 OLB

3.Andrew Jackson, Heavy Hitting ILB

4.Margus Hunt 3-4 DE

5.Kwame Geathers NT (Comp pick)

6.Brandan Bishop S (Comp pick)

7.Jaxon Shipley WR Texas (Comp pick)

Colts pickup RT William Beatty in FA (Beatty was a key blocker in Donald Browns success at Connecticut and the Giants run a Power blocking scheme as well as the Colts)he may not necessarily be the long term solutioun however. Also Colts pick up Safety Kenny Phillips in FA

I'm pretty sure we cut Clark, Addai, Brackett, and Bullitt. They won't count towards compensatory selections unless their contracts expired and we're unrestricted free agents.

Not entirely sure though.

Correct, and I think we'll do pretty well with compensatory picks, since we didn't have too many key FA signings this year, and I would think that Tamme, Garcon, and Saturday would go a long way, but who really knows? I'd love to see us manage to score 3 more picks.

Correct, and I think we'll do pretty well with compensatory picks, since we didn't have too many key FA signings this year, and I would think that Tamme, Garcon, and Saturday would go a long way, but who really knows? I'd love to see us manage to score 3 more picks.

We all would love to see us get 3 more picks