Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Sheriff vs. Shady Tom Brady - 10-7-12 - 4:25 EST

oldunclemark

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Precisely Barry. The offense is not viewing Peyton's ariel playbook yet. The offense is in the plane about to skydive and they haven't figured out when to pull the cord or how to land safely blindfolded yet. Next year by week 7, they will have gotten in sync and mastered Peyton's up tempo scheme more crisply and fluidly than they do right now IMO.

Lets face it, he needs a real # 1 & misses Wayne, someone he can always go to with conviction & Decker really shouldnt be outside going deep that often either, needs more over the middle cuts

Thats it to many early Appointments today, have a good one, now must beat chargers next week

just dont know if they will be in sync by then , sure they are somewhat demoralized and Peyton frustrated with teamate play

I just keep think of the article I note siome comment ago , the way it ends , its wworth repeating

The question before the game was: How do the Broncos beat the Patriots once when they couldn't do it twice last season? Well, the answer after the game is: Don't fumble; don't drop passes; don't give up 19-yard running plays on third-and-17; don't react to the hurry-up unhurriedly — and there's a chance to win with Manning.

Read more:Woody Paige: Broncos don't have the weapons to conduct football war - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...l#ixzz28hHCXU4p

Yeah, McGahee had those two godawful plays, agreed.

Of course, the Patriots had a significant league during both of those plays (well, the 2nd play was when they had a 10 point lead, but nevertheless).

And, just for those counting, Brady is now 9-4 lifetime versus Manning.

Not ttake away from Pats Victory , Brady played quite well, peyton played great, his team didnt

It a team game that Pats are 9 & 4 & yester day really showed it

Peytons needs Waynes reliable hands, as said before someine he can count on & go to with conviction

Pats now have a stunning run game to go with the pass , thats trully something

I just keep think of the article I note siome comment ago , the way it ends , its worth repeating

The question before the game was: How do the Broncos beat the Patriots once when they couldn't do it twice last season? Well, the answer after the game is: Don't fumble; don't drop passes; don't give up 19-yard running plays on third-and-17; don't react to the hurry-up unhurriedly — and there's a chance to win with Manning.

Read more:Woody Paige: Broncos don't have the weapons to conduct football war - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...l#ixzz28hHCXU4p

Lets face it, he needs a real # 1 & misses Wayne, someone he can always go to with conviction & Decker really shouldnt be outside going deep that often either, needs more over the middle cuts

Yup, ball security, a clutch #1 WR, and rhythm in the hurry up is what Denver needs to get locked down and do blindfolded. They will get there eventually. Peyton is like a PH.D. professor in physics and his offense is like an overwhelmed college Sophomore drowning in sophisticated jargon and a genius mind at work. Will a Rosetta Stone be found in time to decode Peyton's Egyptian hieroglyphics? Only time will tell. Hurry up Denver. The clock is ticking.

One thing I am happy about is that Peyton's throws seem to be getting more accurate and faster with each game and his durability in terms of taking hits seems fine to me. I know #18 is a perfectionist. I love that about him.

The real question is finding a balance between reasonable WR and TE patience and pushing his offense to a level of automatic precision they didn't know they were capable of. Like military basic training, you push; and push and push, until your training takes over, your fear disappears, and you trust your instincts. You don't think...You react and greatness takes over. Then and only then will previous INDY success under 18 be transferred to Denver IMO.

Another word for greatness=confidence through repetition and, in turn, game victories.

http://youtu.be/6JbBVKQDTWQ

I know I posted this "Honeymoon In Vegas clip before, but it cut off the full skydiving clip. Here it is from start to finish...Enjoy everyone. "Thank you. Thank you very much." :lol:

It's all about a safe smooth landing. :thmup:

Yup, ball security, a clutch #1 WR, and rhythm in the hurry up is what Denver needs to get locked down and do blindfolded. They will get there eventually. Peyton is like a PH.D. professor in physics and his offense is like an overwhelmed college Sophomore drowning in sophisticated jargon and a genius mind at work. Will a Rosetta Stone be found in time to decode Peyton's Egyptian hieroglyphics? Only time will tell. Hurry up Denver. The clock is ticking.

Problem is Coaches want to keep doing these runs in balance of pass plays last week were = of each , +/- maybe 1 , ( havent checked this weeks stats ) and less hurry up passing , ,

Manning once employed & the sports people called it a blaze offense his people were so in sync & s fast playing & that was without a run game , made Bradys fast play seem more pedestrian as had such great running

Classic comebacks?

If Peyton hadn't been fairly ineffective for the first 3/4ths of the game, only scoring 7 points in the first 3 quarters, perhaps a "Peyton comeback" wouldn't have been needed.

I think wd all agree you have been :troll: on here recently. And your seriously misguided. Did you even watch the game? Dropped balls, Thomas fumbled again headed for the end zone for a TD. You act as if there was nothing else other than your tyrannical rant of 'blame peyton'. I get it, you dont like him. I dont like Brady. But for hello's sake, post something credible.

There's the no-huddle...and then there's the PATRIOT no-huddle. Good night. Even Simms was amazed that they even got a play call off.

Watching Peyton's no-huddle against Brady's was like watching an F-15 battle an F-22. The times have caught up to the former. It's now second generation.

Your cockyness will stop once your team gets beat out in the first round no doubt, like last year. That aside, you do realize he is playing with a whole new team? Brady has had the same Coach since his arrival..

I think you need a refresher on the Colts no huddle. Go visit youtube and freshin up. 'What have you done for me lately crew'.

One thing I am happy about is that Peyton's throws seem to be getting more accurate and faster with each game and his durability in terms of taking hits seems fine to me. I know #18 is a perfectionist. I love that about him.

I thought manning looked very accurate and in control of that offense yesterday. what would worry me if i were a broncos fan was the fact his passes of more that 10 yards down field have nothing on them. they are balloons. he's lost A LOT of arm strength

I see a lot of you (but not all) have not changed things up much despite #18 wearing a new uniform. ;)

This game felt entirely different than the old Pats-Colts games. Although Denver pulled to within 10 I did not at any point feel like the game was getting away from NE. (At least not like the '06 Championship game, the 4th-and-2 game, or other comebacks.) Probably because the Patriots are better on defense than they've been in a while, and can run the ball even when the defense is set up to stop it.

Despite playing very, very well, I don't think Manning's arm is back up to snuff just yet. Lots of wobble on anything deeper than 10 yards. I don't think I've ever seen him throw so many short passes in a game before. He was sharp as he could be, but it wasn't enough.

The Patriots are looking to be well-rounded in all facets. Passing game, running game, defense, etc. They have lost two Super Bowls trying to win them with an air show, no running game, and a leaky defense. Brady is clearly not going to be putting up surrealistic numbers this season. And that, for NE fans, is a good thing. I'd rather see them win it all, or at least be able to compete in games where the passing game is held in check.

I see a lot of you (but not all) have not changed things up much despite #18 wearing a new uniform. ;)

This game felt entirely different than the old Pats-Colts games. Although Denver pulled to within 10 I did not at any point feel like the game was getting away from NE. (At least not like the '06 Championship game, the 4th-and-2 game, or other comebacks.) Probably because the Patriots are better on defense than they've been in a while, and can run the ball even when the defense is set up to stop it.

Despite playing very, very well, I don't think Manning's arm is back up to snuff just yet. Lots of wobble on anything deeper than 10 yards. I don't think I've ever seen him throw so many short passes in a game before. He was sharp as he could be, but it wasn't enough.

The Patriots are looking to be well-rounded in all facets. Passing game, running game, defense, etc. They have lost two Super Bowls trying to win them with an air show, no running game, and a leaky defense. Brady is clearly not going to be putting up surrealistic numbers this season. And that, for NE fans, is a good thing. I'd rather see them win it all, or at least be able to compete in games where the passing game is held in check.

Yes our running game is showing improvement so far this year and hopefully will continue for this season and seasons to follow . . .

Alas, the first round pick Maronney did not pan out, not to mention first round picks Graham and Watson . . . altho the latter help some in two SBs wins . . . sometimes you hit in the draft and sometimes you don't . . .fortunately so far the Riddley/Hernandez/Gronk combo is panning our better that graham/watson/Marooney drafts . . .

so we have tried to improve things since 03-04, but only our recent drafts have panned out to be solid . . . there are some mediots here in Boston who want to say we just got the idea to have a running game/tradiontal offensive set, but we tried just now its panning out . . .

yes and regards to TB's number, he may not have many TDs this season . . . and for me I was never overly sold on passing TDs compared to rushing TDs, as more often than not is goes to more playing calling/who you have on offense as opposed to any inherent talent in the player . . . last night was a perfect example . . . more that once TB drove the offense down the field and got the ball within the 3 for first goal . . . and on all of those play we ran a running play, as opposed to a play action to the endzone for a passing TD . . . so the RBs will get numbers as opposed to the TE/WR/WB which is fine, just do what you do . . .if that was last year with hernadez and gronk and green ellis, we would of likely had a play action pass or two thrown in there . . .

lets just hope the running game continues to improve . . . we'll see . . .

Yes our running game is showing improvement so far this year and hopefully will continue for this season and seasons to follow . . .

Alas, the first round pick Maronney did not pan out, not to mention first round picks Graham and Watson . . . altho the latter help some in two SBs wins . . . sometimes you hit in the draft and sometimes you don't . . .fortunately so far the Riddley/Hernandez/Gronk combo is panning our better that graham/watson/Marooney drafts . . .

so we have tried to improve things since 03-04, but only our recent drafts have panned out to be solid . . . there are some mediots here in Boston who want to say we just got the idea to have a running game/tradiontal offensive set, but we tried just now its panning out . . .

yes and regards to TB's number, he may not have many TDs this season . . . and for me I was never overly sold on passing TDs compared to rushing TDs, as more often than not is goes to more playing calling/who you have on offense as opposed to any inherent talent in the player . . . last night was a perfect example . . . more that once TB drove the offense down the field and got the ball within the 3 for first goal . . . and on all of those play we ran a running play, as opposed to a play action to the endzone for a passing TD . . . so the RBs will get numbers as opposed to the TE/WR/WB which is fine, just do what you do . . .if that was last year with hernadez and gronk and green ellis, we would of likely had a play action pass or two thrown in there . . .

What the run game brings that I love, more than anything else, is the mental and physical toughness of your offense. For too many years the Patriots have been a finesse team, let's face it... probably going back to 2007 or even 2006. Guys up front don't want to pass block for 50 plays a game. They want to get out there and destroy someone and initiate contact.

Denver's defense wasn't just beaten yesterday... they were beaten down to a point where they almost looked like they gave up. You don't do that completing 40 passes for 350 yards. You do it smashing the ball right at 'em for three-plus hours. And I'm loving it...

Your cockyness will stop once your team gets beat out in the first round no doubt, like last year. That aside, you do realize he is playing with a whole new team? Brady has had the same Coach since his arrival..

I think you need a refresher on the Colts no huddle. Go visit youtube and freshin up. 'What have you done for me lately crew'.

Uh, what do the Texans have to do with this argument at all? We actually won in the first round last year, and barely lost in the second. We're also looking poised for a major SB run, and I don't see any AFC team besides maybe the Patriots who could stop us. But anywho...the Broncos lost and the Patriots won. Nothing cocky about saying it. No need to get defensive.

Uh, what do the Texans have to do with this argument at all? We actually won in the first round last year, and barely lost in the second. We're also looking poised for a major SB run, and I don't see any AFC team besides maybe the Patriots who could stop us. But anywho...the Broncos lost and the Patriots won. Nothing cocky about saying it. No need to get defensive.

:lol:

Texans are scary good. Don't listen to the noise.

Beat the Jets tonight, please. Bonus points if you do it in humiliating fashion.

Beat the Jets tonight, please. Bonus points if you do it in humiliating fashion.

I ran out of likes again man, so thank you. The Patriots are still contenders though man, I'm looking forward to that game in Foxborough in December. Should be an AFC Championship Game preview. And I'm hoping for humiliating fashion too concerning the Jets hahaha.

I wouldn't count the Ravens out.

I'm not being cocky, it's what I'm watching. I think someone's upset his "favored" team isn't doing so hot...if you can't beat the good teams I've got news for you...you aren't a good team.

And we won the first round last year, much football knowledge you have.

I wouldn't count the Ravens out.

Eh, if Flacco can prove to be consistent and that defense shores things up significantly. At this point in the season though I don't think they are as dominant as they want everyone to believe. Still a dark horse, or bird in this case, though.

An interesting article on NFL.com that argues that Brady dominated the game, not Manning, despite throwing for less yards.

http://www.nfl.com/n...eing-in-control

Of course he dominated the game. Anybody who watched it would have known that.

You don't have 35 first downs throwing it deep. I never saw Brady make a throw over 30 yards. It was all no-huddle, lightning fast throws where honestly the Denver DBs didn't even have time to close before the ball was in the receivers' hands. It was 5 yards, every time. Same with the run, Just 5 here, 10 there, all game. He murdered that clock and found the end zone. It's no wonder the Broncos were only able to score 21 points - 4 fewer points than the Texans allowed, even though the defenses are much different. We've all heard, "Keep Manning off the field". I've never seen it more beautifully done.

Hi all,

Thanks, all, for your comments/observations. Some of them are painful for me to read but it's okay. Congrats to the NE fans here. You guys have a great team.

I didn't watch the game, and could only listen to Denver radio. It didn't feel like the outcome was much in doubt. The breakneck speed of NE offense really had our defense gassed. I was tired just listening. What I got from this game is that we need a new mike. Joe Mays has been exploited for his lack of coverage skills. We cannot deal with diverse and elite offense like NE and Houston. Sadly, I don't know if there is anything we can do to fix it this season. We don't have an option really. Keith Brookings got concussed yesterday, and DJ Williams is a will even if he is allowed to come back, which I highly doubt.

I don't know what's up with Demaryius Thomas's fumbilitis. Other than that, he had a great game. He might not have passed your eye test but 11-13, 188 yards is impressive at least number-wise. I hope he can further develop. He is still relatively new to pro offense, and missed a lot of games last two seasons. I'm not ready to give up the hope he can one day turn into a great receiver.

How did Dan Koppen do? I gasped when Orlando Franklin went out. I was relieved he came back. Sounded like Von Miller had another good game. At the very least, we have a few great pieces to build around. We better do it really fast.

I'm not being cocky, it's what I'm watching. I think someone's upset his "favored" team isn't doing so hot...if you can't beat the good teams I've got news for you...you aren't a good team.

And we won the first round last year, much football knowledge you have.

Your delusional if you think thats my 'favored' team. Remind me what team beat the Texans last year with the #1 draft pick?

Your delusional if you think thats my 'favored' team. Remind me what team beat the Texans last year with the #1 draft pick?

You're (correct grammar) pretty upset for a guy who's favorite team isn't the Broncos.

Sigh, you split-allegiance fans...

I second that. Not only because we all don't like the Jets, but the fact that I may have Andre Johnson and Houston's Defense on my fantasy team had absolutely no influence on coming up with what team I want to win, nada.

:funny: :funny: :funny: And yes before you ask I watched the game and strongly disagree with you. :hide:

Man, it's funny how only Colt/Bronco fans seem to think that Peyton's arm strength isn't that good.

What makes it even more hilarious is that Peyton himself says that his arm strength isn't that good.

But hey, Colt fans know more than Peyton Manning himself.

sometimes you hit in the draft and sometimes you don't . . .fortunately so far the Riddley/Hernandez/Gronk combo is panning our better that graham/watson/Marooney drafts . . .

Yes, the Texans are lethal and their time to quiet the critics and naysayers is now by demolishing and disintegrating the NY Jets.

The Patriots are dangerous on the ground now and Championship greatness lies through Bolden and Ridley infantry strength, attrition of your enemy, and churning out 3rd down conversions. The Patriots are clicking, but so are the Texans especially on LB and DE opposing QB pressure. That's why I wanna see NE and Houston go mono-a-mono in the AFC Championship game. I am really looking forward to Wade Phillips and Tom Brady colliding with 1 another. How will Belichick answer the Brian Cushing and J.J. Watt pocket collapse question? Brady is a superb QB, but constant pressure in a QB's face makes them feel jittery, uncomfortable, and uneasy. On the flip side QB Schaub hasn't faced an experienced team like NE that never panics. Chandler Jones just keeping coming and Vince Wilfork is notorious for disrupting offensive lines consistently.

u mean the same Genius coach & now a powerful running game and McDaniels again doing the play calling as on the 07 point run up season

Man, it's funny how only Colt/Bronco fans seem to think that Peyton's arm strength isn't that good.

What makes it even more hilarious is that Peyton himself says that his arm strength isn't that good.

But hey, Colt fans know more than Peyton Manning himself.

Leave it to Viri to try and quote something that was never said. Trying quoting or posting an actual quote by Manning next time. Here let me help..

"I am what I am. It is what is. Whatever expression you want to use."

John Fox: "There's nothing wrong with his arm strength," Foxsaid. "He was throwing the deep ball well in the second half. He just made some bad decisions. I don't even want to say they were bad decisions. There were some throws we would like to have back.

"People will talk about all kinds of things,but I'm telling you,there's nothing wrong with his arm strength."

Brandon Stokley: "Ya'll look for something negative after every loss," said Brandon Stokley,the Broncos' slot receiver who had three catches Monday. "No one talked about arm strength after the Pittsburgh game. It's just like a couple weeks ago,they were talking about how he couldn't throw to his right. And then the next game (against San Francisco) all he did was hit passes to his right. I'm telling you,in here,it's not even a topic of discussion. It's the last thing on our minds."

But you as a pats fan i'm sure know more than they do about it.. :sarcasm: