Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Sheriff vs. Shady Tom Brady - 10-7-12 - 4:25 EST

oldunclemark

Okay, I just finished watching the Broncos/Patriots game. Here is my official breakdown...

--CBS NFL broadcasters Phil Simms & Jim Nance are AWESOME. Great voices, Great chemistry together, & superb x's & o's analysts of compelling games.

Yeah they're my favorite by miles. Good explanation of plays is all I want.

PS. Brady does run out of the shot gun in the no huddle. Wehn he goes to no huddle (and that gets called from the sideline) the 1st play is almost always a run.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off to watch the Patriots/Broncos game now recorded on my DVR. My review will follow either tomorrow or Friday.

Sidebar: Even though I started a Patriots tribute on this site, I am astonished at the "HEAT" Foxboro fans take over the success that your franchise experiences to this day. Just today, I felt compelled to respond to a less than flattering post about your team. NE may be a rival, but I don't hate them. I respect them. In large part to their hierarchy, command structure, and how they conduct themselves on a daily, monthly, and annual basis.

Why can't people just respect another team's remarkable accomplishments? No "shady," "underhanded," or fraudulent practices took place here. Rule infractions or misinterpretations of NFL bylaws maybe, but conspiracy and corruption...Absolutely NOT!!! I just shake my head in disbelief; it's so small and said IMO. Can't people just acknowledge when a team like the Patriots is very good and clicking on all cylinders? I know that if the shoe was on the other foot and the Broncos or Colts played well and won a SB my Foxboro friends might be disappointed, but I know that they would give credit where credit is due because they are honorable individuals and extremely fair too.

I honestly think its just a function of the internet. Back before the internet, talk amongst fans was much more respectful of a good team, even a hated team.

A few additional thoughts on Peyton Manning:

--Clearly, he can take hard hits and coverage sacks and jump up without any ill effects that influence his throwing motions. Thank God!

--I heard Denver HOF TE Shannon Sharpe say this: "#18 is back, but how soon will everybody else get on the same page with the human computer before #18's tenure in Mile High is over?" I agree 100%.

--Arm strength is not the issue here. A crash course in PH.D. NFL positioning is. Denver's WR's and TE's need to be in precise spots or pockets where #18 can throw the ball blindfolded for a completion.

--Denver WR's and TE's need to learn when #18 is in trouble and run comeback routes. Steelers WR's and TE's do this beautifully for BIG Ben in Pittsburgh. Watch tape on Pittsburg and see how it's done right.

--Basic rule in football: Catch the ball first, secure the ball, and then run down field Denver WR's and TE's.

--Tell Manning: If you throw a pick, absolutely no running after the corner or DB. We can't afford you injured or Denver's season is over.

--Out of respect for Manning, don't let a poor run defense cost #18 a World Championship. Bowlen, Elway, Fox, and Jack Del Rio owe Peyton that much as a bare minimum.

--If I seemed overly critical, I apologize. I just desperately want #18 to win a 2nd SB and the sand in the hour glass is dropping fast. Fix the Run Defense ASAP. Peyton deserves that. Cost is irrelevant IMO.

--Look, if Tom Brady is gonna win 4 SB's; Let Peyton Manning be the 1st QB to win 2 SB's with 2 different franchises please. Let both HOF QB's ride into the NFL sunset on top. Let justice be done IMO.

A few additional thoughts on Peyton Manning:

--Clearly, he can take hard hits and coverage sacks and jump up without any ill effects that influence his throwing motions. Thank God!

--I heard Denver HOF TE Shannon Sharpe say this: "#18 is back, but how soon will everybody else get on the same page with the human computer before #18's tenure in Mile High is over?" I agree 100%.

--Arm strength is not the issue here. A crash course in PH.D. NFL positioning is. Denver's WR's and TE's need to be in precise spots or pockets where #18 can throw the ball blindfolded for a completion.

--Denver WR's and TE's need to learn when #18 is in trouble and run comeback routes. Steelers WR's and TE's do this beautifully for BIG Ben in Pittsburgh. Watch tape on Pittsburg and see how it's done right.

--Basic rule in football: Catch the ball first, secure the ball, and then run down field Denver WR's and TE's.

--Tell Manning: If you throw a pick, absolutely no running after the corner or DB. We can't afford you injured or Denver's season is over.

--Out of respect for Manning, don't let a poor run defense cost #18 a World Championship. Bowlen, Elway, Fox, and Jack Del Rio owe Peyton that much as a bare minimum.

--If I seemed overly critical, I apologize. I just desperately want #18 to win a 2nd SB and the sand in the hour glass is dropping fast. Fix the Run Defense ASAP. Peyton deserves that. Cost is irrelevant IMO.

--Look, if Tom Brady is gonna win 4 SB's; Let Peyton Manning be the 1st QB to win 2 SB's with 2 different franchises please. Let both HOF QB's ride into the NFL sunset on top. Let justice be done IMO.

sums up alot, i am getting off hard DAY , TAKE CARE

I second that thought on Bayone. His compression of the NFL and it's rich history of NFL greats like Johnny Unitas, Deacon Jones, and John Montana his very impressive to me. Barry, to my mind, is the Steve Sabol of Colts Forum. We are lucky to have him on here without question. Barry always digs up hidden gems of historical football relevance. As a historian myself by profession, I always respect the individuals who protect and preserve the bedrock of any agency, organization, or institution. Well done Barry!

WOULD GET MORE FINES THAN ANYONE TODAY, his job as he says was to rip heads of QB's , hed head slap anyone in his way to

sums up alot, i am getting off hard DAY , TAKE CARE

Enjoy your well deserved day off Steve Sabol; I mean Barry. haha You're AWESOME my friend. :thmup:

I may not be a good X's and O's analyst, but I excel in public relations and chemistry issues and I know precisely what the word sacrifice really means...

WOULD GET MORE FINES THAN ANYONE TODAY, his job as he says was to rip heads of QB's , hed head slap anyone in his way to

Yup, just the Deacon Jones head slap alone would get him a 1 year suspension from the NFL by todays standards and rules. Great stuff Barry as always!!!! :hat:

I think Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman is loosely based off Deacon Jones professional football career myself. :funny::lol:

SleepyHollow400px.jpg

headslap.jpg

Yup, just the Deacon Jones head slap alone would get him a 1 year suspension from the NFL by todays standards and rules. Great stuff Barry as always!!!! :hat:

I think Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman is loosely based off Deacon Jones professional football career myself. :funny::lol:

SleepyHollow400px.jpg

headslap.jpg

thats great

forgot to highlight

He has same problem now on D as with colts plus weak secondary and fumbling hands , real shame

Should have gone elsewhere but u pick your poison But Cardinals with Fitzgerald as go to guy and good D & 49's would of been a wow

Think he likes midwest though and good for wifes privacy which we know she loves as hid the twins till after the fact

LOVE LUCK FOR FUTURE

but if was a way to keep Peyton and get all those draft picks instead & manage the cap, could of really built a team around him much stronger all around & u just have to wonder what if, but I do understand u are looking at the next decade

Plus Irsay wasnt convinced on his health

I cant get used to him in a bronco outfit, I dont even call it a uniform, for me was & alwayss will be the Colts uniform as best in NFL & stands alone among the 32

Just came downstairs as remembered didnt turn off computer, I am really just to tired and staying in bed, so far watch alot of beginnings on TV but feel asleep for the rest of the movie or show, some I had DVR'd so will try again

Deacon Jones, heck... if Ronnie Lott played in today's NFL, he'd rack up hundreds of thousands in fines every season. The game is not what it once was. For both better and worse.

Absolutely right on that one GoPats! His middle name was "rusty nail" or it should have been anyway. Lott's toughness in the NFL cannot be doubted, dismissed, or questioned...

thats great

forgot to highlight

He has same problem now on D as with colts plus weak secondary and fumbling hands , real shame

Should have gone elsewhere but u pick your poison But Cardinals with Fitzgerald as go to guy and good D & 49's would of been a wow

Think he likes midwest though and good for wifes privacy which we know she loves as hid the twins till after the fact

LOVE LUCK FOR FUTURE

but if was a way to keep Peyton and get all those draft picks instead & manage the cap, could of really built a team around him much stronger all around & u just have to wonder what if, but I do understand u are looking at the next decade

Plus Irsay wasn't convinced on his health

I cant get used to him in a bronco outfit, I dont even call it a uniform, for me was & alwayss will be the Colts uniform as best in NFL & stands alone among the 32

Just came downstairs as remembered didnt turn off computer, I am really just to tired and staying in bed, so far watch alot of beginnings on TV but feel asleep for the rest of the movie or show, some I had DVR'd so will try again

Yes, Andrew Luck is our future in INDY. However, that doesn't mean you forget where you came from either. Peyton Manning will always be revered and respected to you, me, and millions of fans across the league globally speaking. Part of me will always wonder: did Irsay make the right call and where would we be now with #18 still in INDY? Then I realize the move has been made, there is no rewind button, and it's time to move forward.

Denver, if you win a Championship with Peyton Manning, I will be happy for your city, your franchise, and your fan base because you will share a piece of a living legend with Indianapolis and become part of the Irsay inner circle of friends and family. Just promise me Mile High fans that you will convince Pat Bowlen and John Elway to seal up the running game. In my mind, defense not offense secures a Championship victory.

Absolutely right on that one GoPats! His middle name was "rusty nail" or it should have been anyway. Lott's toughness in the NFL cannot be doubted, dismissed, or questioned...

Deacon Jones, heck... if Ronnie Lott played in today's NFL, he'd rack up hundreds of thousands in fines every season. The game is not what it once was. For both better and worse.

We are getting back to the real game I grew up with and played like in all those schoolyards & parks, these guys were beasts and played without the benefits of todays scientific conditioning and training, they grew up and trained with Jack La Lane on their TV sets , well the latter may be stretching it But I watched him

Off to watch the Patriots/Broncos game now recorded on my DVR. My review will follow either tomorrow or Friday.

Sidebar: Even though I started a Patriots tribute on this site, I am astonished at the "HEAT" Foxboro fans take over the success that your franchise experiences to this day. Just today, I felt compelled to respond to a less than flattering post about your team. NE may be a rival, but I don't hate them. I respect them. In large part to their hierarchy, command structure, and how they conduct themselves on a daily, monthly, and annual basis.

Why can't people just respect another team's remarkable accomplishments? No "shady," "underhanded," or fraudulent practices took place here. Rule infractions or misinterpretations of NFL bylaws maybe, but conspiracy and corruption...Absolutely NOT!!! I just shake my head in disbelief; it's so small and said IMO. Can't people just acknowledge when a team like the Patriots is very good and clicking on all cylinders? I know that if the shoe was on the other foot and the Broncos or Colts played well and won a SB my Foxboro friends might be disappointed, but I know that they would give credit where credit is due because they are honorable individuals and extremely fair too.

How long have you been a sports fan? Your average fan is not going to acknowledge another team is good because your average fan is irrational when it comes to sports. How many times have we read people post on here after a Colts win that their day is ruined because a team they have absolutely no control over lost.

Also, it is almost human nature that people put down other things to prop up their view or item. You see it when it comes to videogame consoles all the time. Person buys a PS3 and then hates on the Xbox360 to make themselves feel better about their purchase and vice versa.

Ultimately, fan comes from fanatic so to expect much rational thought when it comes to things like this you are just going to be waiting for a long time. Heck we have all ready seen it start with RG3 vs. Luck.

well get back to one of your bolden portion . . . i am not so sure what Eli has to do with th subject (altho i think it was a toungue and check comment) . . . i had already mentioned that TB was a little off on the pass to Welker late in SB 46, plus he got injured so i dont fault him for that . . . . but i was just reference the jets game because one, PM or his supportters, should not be so hard on the poeple who came behind them, the special teams and defense, when he was not able to end the game . . . you can't really yell at the teammate when you were not able to do the job and close the game out . . . kind of like Brady's wife complaining about his teammates not being able to catch the ball after he made an off the mark throw . . .

The Eli reference had nothing to do with Eli. My point was, it was more reasonable for Manning supporters to expect Peyton's supporting cast to hold a 2 point lead with good ST coverage and make Mark Sanchez & the Jets have a tougher FG or no FG at all while up 16-14 with less than a minute to go, than for Brady supporters to expect the Pats' supporting cast to hold up when the Pats' O did not muster a single point in over a quarter of play in SB 46 in the second half. There should have been a greater probability for the Colts to hold on to the 16-14 lead, no doubt in my mind. 9 out of 10 teams would have come away with a win in that situation. Thus, it is extremely fair to blame the supporting cast (and maybe coach Caldwell for his timeout too???).

Even giving Peyton a hint of blame for that Jets' game loss would be like blaming Eli or Bradshaw for going ahead and getting that TD giving Brady a minute and a hail mary chance to win the game in SB 46. They did their job and got the points on the board forcing Brady to get a TD to win. Then, the D did their job. Same way with the Pats-Eagles SB, Brady put them in a position for AV to get the FG to go up 24-21. Then their D did their job when they picked off McNabb to seal the game. If McNabb came back to tie the game and the Eagles win it in OT (hypothetical), would it be Brady's fault for not taking more time before the Pats went ahead 24-21?? What you are saying is similar to that, given the benefit of hindsight. In Brady's case in his Eagles' SB, his supporting cast held up, and in SB 46, Eli's supporting cast held up but in Peyton's supporting cast in the Jets playoff did not hold up.

It has never been and never should be Peyton or Brady's job to protect their D or ST. Coaches may feel more confident about one phase of the game over the other to lean O over D (like 4th & 2) but that is what coaching is for.

My point was, it was more reasonable for Manning supporters to expect Peyton's supporting cast to hold a 2 point lead with good ST coverage

It has never been and never should be Peyton or Brady's job to protect their D or ST. Coaches may feel more confident about one phase of the game over the other to lean O over D (like 4th & 2) but that is what coaching is for.

Esp since the ST saw same reutrner make same return earlier in the game so should of been prepared for same move to that outside sidline run

& Caldwell should not have called a timeout and forced the 50 yard FG where the kicker was poor from as it appear at least they were willing to let clock run down for that

Then again Calswell should not have done many things

How long have you been a sports fan? Your average fan is not going to acknowledge another team is good because your average fan is irrational when it comes to sports. How many times have we read people post on here after a Colts win that their day is ruined because a team they have absolutely no control over lost.

Also, it is almost human nature that people put down other things to prop up their view or item. You see it when it comes to videogame consoles all the time. Person buys a PS3 and then hates on the Xbox360 to make themselves feel better about their purchase and vice versa.

Ultimately, fan comes from fanatic so to expect much rational thought when it comes to things like this you are just going to be waiting for a long time. Heck we have all ready seen it start with RG3 vs. Luck.

What exactly is the point behind your response? That fans can be irrational? That fans often live vicariously through their favorite teams? Yes, of course naturally that is true. And what is the intent behind your first sentence? It it to slam a person's football knowledge or lack of PH.D. NFL expertise and elevate another's perhaps? I am not attacking you personally Thewholefnshow28. I am merely pointing out that your initial question does not start an honest debate and discourse off on a respectful tone or equal footing that's all.

Sure, everyone has teams in the NFL that they admire and those they despise with a passion. For me, I can't stand the Dallas Cowboys largely because of the overwhelming ego of their owner Jerry Jones and the fact that they haven't won a Championship since 1996. Now, if someone is a Cowboys fan and loves this team, I'm not going say: "You like the Cowboys? How long have you been a fan? Don't you understand that they haven't won a Championship in over a decade? You must be a fool. You call yourself a football fan? It's all about tone, respect, and demeanor Thewholefnshow28.

I don't expect people to show no emotion or passion. But please don't convey the impression that someone is naive okay. Thank you. I agree with everything in your post except your first sentence. Have a nice day Thewholefnshow28.

hey guys. idk if it was discussed in this thread. but the NFL made a whole big deal about the patriots offensive system against the broncos.. an "up-tempo" no huddle offense that has never been seen before. whats the deal with that? hasnt peyton been doing that...i argued with my friend about it (hes a pats fan) and he was saying that they had one word plays and assignments, but is it really that big of a deal? peyton had one word/one signal plays as well? he just took longer to do defensive readings and whatnot

hey guys. idk if it was discussed in this thread. but the NFL made a whole big deal about the patriots offensive system against the broncos.. an "up-tempo" no huddle offense that has never been seen before. whats the deal with that? hasnt peyton been doing that...i argued with my friend about it (hes a pats fan) and he was saying that they had one word plays and assignments, but is it really that big of a deal? peyton had one word/one signal plays as well? he just took longer to do defensive readings and whatnot

i think the difference is the speed with which the Pats ran the no-huddle, which has been around for a very long time . . . I have never ever seen the no huddle run that fast . .. does not mean that is a better or more complicated, just ran at a very fast rate and they use many one word singles for the plays, not just one or two . . . which itself is not likely anything new, just the fact that they ran is fast for so long that was the difference . . .

One other thing Thewholefnshow28...I realize of course that NFL hatred for specific teams is usually a sentiment that has been engrained in peoples minds for generations among families and that despite the most logical arguments pointing out flawed arguments about an individual's extreme dislike for a team probably won't persuade any person to change their mind. I know that.

People will always hate the teams they hate and nothing is gonna change that. Devotion is devotion. You either unite under the umbrella of favoritism or the umbrella of intense hatred. Browns fans will always detest Ravens fans and Raiders fans will always despise 49ers fans. It just is what it is.

My point is: I don't expect harmony 24/7 among NFL fans, but I do expect rational discourse and debate without engaging in sweeping generalizations among bloggers. Nothing more; nothing less.

i think the difference is the speed with which the Pats ran the no-huddle, which has been around for a very long time . . . I have never ever seen the no huddle run that fast . .. does not mean that is a better or more complicated, just ran at a very fast rate and they use many one word singles for the plays, not just one or two . . . which itself is not likely anything new, just the fact that they ran is fast for so long that was the difference . . .

WAS seen a few seasons back by our Colts , when Manning felt like doing it & the same analysts who now say never seen before said it then too & called it the BLAZE offense ,

Peyton just didnt use it all that much as he didnt have a run game and was strictly lining up & throwing , but he always could run that offense, also felt that was just as important to just get lined up fast so no chance to substitute as main thing regarding no huddle above trhe speed of thge actual call, ofeten hoping a hard count would draw an offsides etc

This is nothing against the Patriots, Brady did a masterful job at it and Peyton would be first to acknowledge it

@southwest1 Relax a bit because the question was asked as a rhetorical question. You are going to be asking for rational discourse and debate when it comes to sports for a very long time. Just look around you at this board. A majority of this board really cannot have a rational conversation about the Brady vs Manning debates of years past.

Fans of any sport are irrational and will always be that way. Heck how many fights occur at stadiums or arenas all because someone wears a different color laundry. The last time I went to a Colts game Colts fans wanted to fight some of my friends all because they were Rams fans. How dare they cheer and have a good time when the Rams do good.

I know people who mope around and are all ticked off when their sports team loses a freaking game. Many posters on here say their day is ruined because a team that they have no control over loses a game.

Yes, there are many fans who can have a reasonable conversation about Reggie Miller vs Ray Allen, Manning vs. Brady or Magic vs Bird, but a vast majority of fans are blind homers and you really are not going to get a real conversation.

My point is: I don't expect harmony 24/7 among NFL fans, but I do expect rational discourse and debate without engaging in sweeping generalizations among bloggers. Nothing more; nothing less.

wow what a wonderful concept , didnt see it in election debate either as much as wanted to last night and they had moderator in the face

@southwest1 Relax a bit because the question was asked as a rhetorical question. You are going to be asking for rational discourse and debate when it comes to sports for a very long time. Just look around you at this board. A majority of this board really cannot have a rational conversation about the Brady vs Manning debates of years past.

Fans of any sport are irrational and will always be that way. Heck how many fights occur at stadiums or arenas all because someone wears a different color laundry. The last time I went to a Colts game Colts fans wanted to fight some of my friends all because they were Rams fans. How dare they cheer and have a good time when the Rams do good.

I know people who mope around and are all ticked off when their sports team loses a freaking game. Many posters on here say their day is ruined because a team that they have no control over loses a game.

Yes, there are many fans who can have a reasonable conversation about Reggie Miller vs Ray Allen, Manning vs. Brady or Magic vs Bird, but a vast majority of fans are blind homers and you really are not going to get a real conversation.

Unfortunate but true, I am sure at times my own bias no matter how I try to be even handed may play a part without me realizing it

WAS seen a few seasons back by our Colts , when Manning felt like doing it & the same analysts who now say never seen before said it then too & called it the BLAZE offense ,

Peyton just didnt use it all that much as he didnt have a run game and was strictly lining up & throwing , but he always could run that offense, also felt that was just as important to just get lined up fast so no chance to substitute as main thing regarding no huddle above trhe speed of thge actual call, ofeten hoping a hard count would draw an offsides etc

This is nothing against the Patriots, Brady did a masterful job at it and Peyton would be first to acknowledge it

They didnt run it against the Pats I know that & forgot which teams it was run against and was done only during 1 season

How in the world would I know that "How long have you been a sports fan?" is a rhetorical question. If I walked you to and said How long have you been a sports fan? tell me, in what context does that convey respect exactly? My point is when debating online it can be extremely difficult to convey and correctly interpret a person's authentic intent.

I will share a story with you Thewholefnshow28. I have a very sarcastic sense of humor and that sarcasm has gotten me into trouble more than once. I was even suspended from this site for 24 hours once because of it. Finally, a friend of mine suggested using emotion symbols on this site to properly convey humor so that it wouldn't be misinterpreted as a personal attack against another individual. I have since done this and I have not been suspended or misinterpreted since then.

To be fair to you Thewholefnshow28, perhaps how long have you been a sports fan? was an innocent question, but with all do respect sir or Miss I cannot read another's person's mind and my interpretation of what you said initially is not far fetched or way off base either. Please remember that thank you.

You have your perspective on the question and I have mine. Okay fine. I misread the question sorry. Just try using :thmup: symbols on here yourself as a polite suggestion on my part to avoid confusion, misinterpretation, and misguided intent among bloggers. Take it or leave it. Thank you Thewholefnshow28.

They didnt run it against the Pats I know that & forgot which teams it was run against and was done only during 1 season

I am wrong it was called the blur 1 or stampede

I am sorry, my article is linked to my colts website where I posted it ,, , that is the version before this forum thus my link no longer works

Chris Collinsworth was so giddy over the new stampede that he practically declared himself the new voice of the Colts play-by-play.

These last seven days the Colts learned they will be without the services of Dallas Clark, the game's top tight end, for the remainder of the season. To make matters worse (although losing Dallas is close to rock bottom) the Colts also announced that Austin Collie could miss significant time with a thumb injury. That is roughly 14 catches, 140 yards and 10 points a game the Colts will have to replace. Yikes. On top of that that both Garcon and Gonzalez are still banged up or hurt, Addai can barely lift his arm above his shoulder and offensive line is more porous than the Mexican border. Add it all up and no other team in the league could overcome it. Period

However, if last week's new play calling is any indication

Borrowing from the University of Oregon, the Colts employed a new offense coming to be known as the blur.

An offense so electric its capable of matching the Ducks bright yellow jerseys, the blur is actually incredibly simple: accelerate the pace between snaps to such a degree that you never allow the defense to set, forcing them to always react. The Sunday night Indy version of this - the Stampede, because the offense just let loose allowing the horses to run wild

- both exhausted and stupefied the Redskins defense to the tune of 470 yards. Washington simply had no answer. The Stampede maybe the formula that saves the Colts season from buckling under the weight of injuries.

The stampede (or blur)

is not revolutionary. Nor is it particularly exotic. It’s just fast.

The key is for the quarterback to know the next play call as soon as the previous play finishes. The team must sprint to the line fast enough to keep the defense from substituting or even having a chance to catch their breathes.

Football is a chess match. The beauty of the sport is in the strategy with games always about adjustments and readjustments. Both sides punch and counter punch and adapt throughout the game.

The idea behind the stampede is to hit the defense with a flurry of punches keeping them exhausted, always on the defensive and forcing them to constantly react rather than respond. Many doubters say the blur can't work in the NFL

Lastly, another element which has so far been left out of any discussion involving the blur is the physiological effect that it has on other teams. A long drive may tire an opposing defense but it gives their offense plenty of time to relax and prepare to pick apart the other side. A quick score causes the offensive to feel rushed and under pressure. Not only does the frenetic pace subconsciously frazzle them and limit their time to dissect the defense, but they feel the extra burden of having to score when they know the other team can put the game out of reach quickly. Surely such a feeling must play into the Colts hands defensively given how everyone knows that in today's pass happy NFL the fastest way to score is through the air. The more times an opposing QB drops back, the more the stampede works on both sides of the ball as the more times Freeney and Mathis can be unleashed (even if tackles hold them on every play!). All this is great news for Colts fans, bad news for Matt Schaub and the Texans and certainly a cautionary tale for any Colts haters. Let's hope Clyde Christensen and Peyton Manning continue to unleash the stampede.

I am sorry, my article is linked to my colts website where I posted it ,, , that is the version before this forum thus my link no longer works

Barry,

Thanks for the article you posted. I especially like this sentence: "Football is a chess match. The beauty of the sport is in the strategy with games always about adjustments and readjustments. Both sides punch and counter punch and adapt throughout the game."

A simple and very accurate explanation of what NFL really is in a nutshell: Strategy, adjustments, toughness/intimidation, and field position. Nice work Barry! :thmup:

Barry,

Thanks for the article you posted. I especially like this sentence: "Football is a chess match. The beauty of the sport is in the strategy with games always about adjustments and readjustments. Both sides punch and counter punch and adapt throughout the game."

A simple and very accurate explanation of what NFL really is in a nutshell: Strategy, adjustments, and field position. Nice work Barry! :thmup:

Of Course call just blur not blur 1 , where that 1 came from was my finger disabilities I Imagine

Yes thats quite a true line Re chess match, wasnt highlighted as wasn't point I was making, that Colts already ran this and all are saying first time ever seen Re Pats doing it,

How Quidkly They Forget, I have Peyton etched in the crevices of my mind & heart, and of course the colts and all fans here, even our friendly pat fans

Just wish had a link to original entire article, this is straight excerpts however, no editing on my part as the writing should tell anyone

also if u click on links in article for Clark & Collie u will see they no longer work , I saved this in my Peyton Folder , just not original

I got alot i saved as was told to by moderators but unfortunately links no longer work , Like my home / profile page is now hit & miss , quite frustrating, as was so great on mycolts but this site turned all photos save first few into URLs that originally worked but no longer do & looks like a dissaster

Editing is just to hard for me as was installing it in first place but at least then links worked,

Of Course call just blur not blur 1 , where that 1 came from was my finger disabilities I Imagine

Yes thats quite a true line Re chess match, wasnt highlighted as wasn't point I was making, that Colts already ran this and all are saying first time ever seen Re Pats doing it, How Quidkly They Forget

Just wish had a link to original entire article, this is straight excerpts however, no editing on my part as the writing should tell anyone

also if u click on links in article for Clark & Collie u will see they no longer work , I saved this in my Peyton Folder , just not original

I got alot i saved as was told to by moderators but unfortunately links no longer work , Like my home / profile page is now hit & miss , quite frustrating, as was so great on mycolts but this site turned all photos save first few into URLs that originally worked but no longer do & looks like a dissaster

Editing is just to hard for me as was installing it in first place but at least then links worked,

No problem Barry. Everyone that knows you on here respects you and any minor editing glitches can easily be forgotten or overlooked. I have a disability myself, as you know, and I am not a speed demon typist either my friend. Not using that fact as an excuse and neither are you naturally. We just want people to know that mistakes happen to everybody and we can all look past insignificant spelling or link mishaps. Keep up the great posting Bayone! I always learn something new or useful from your posts. :hat:

I am glad to hear that advice from the moderators helped you preserve, retain, and protect so much stuff you created on the former site Colts Direct and move it here Colts Forum. Hopefully, without too many problems. The moderators are here are very kind, informative, and helpful IMO. Good luck transferring all your great pictures and links over Barry.

No problem Barry. Everyone that knows you on here respects you and any minor editing glitches can easily be forgotten or overlooked. I have a disability myself, as you know, and I am not a speed demon typist either my friend. Not using that fact as an excuse and neither are you naturally. We just want people to know that mistakes happen to everybody and we can all look past insignificant spelling or link mishaps. Keep up the great posting Bayone! I always learn something new or useful from your posts. :hat:

as u were doing this I was still editing it so your quote leaves out

How Quidkly They Forget,--- Then added --- I have Peyton etched in the crevices of my mind & heart, and of course the colts and all fans here, even our friendly pat fans

( PS gald was that Chris Collinsworth line as thats something i would never do, put words in anothers mouth, especially a sportscaster

can u imagine if we didnt have spell check, half my writings would be unreadable

my profile page bugs me as was told to do it , was congadulated by a moderator afterwards in a PM I think who apologized saying she had through site had more functionality than it did , at least at that time, and then was told sorry by same moderator who i think is not really or hardly ever here when suddenly links stopped working

Have great night, I'm done

as u were doing this I was still editing it so your quote leaves out

How Quidkly They Forget,--- Then added --- I have Peyton etched in the crevices of my mind & heart, and of course the colts and all fans here, even our friendly pat fans

( PS gald was that Chris Collinsworth line as thats something i would never do, put words in anothers mouth, especially a sportscaster

can u imagine if we didnt have spell check, half my writings would be unreadable

my profile page bugs me as was told to do it , was congadulated by a moderator afterwards in a PM I think who apologized saying she had through site had more functionality than it did , at least at that time, and then was told sorry by same moderator who i think is not really or hardly ever here when suddenly links stopped working

Have great night, I'm done

Yes, spell check is a life saver no doubt about it. There's nothing worse than when you spell a word as close as possible to the actually word and spell check can't find it or figure it out. It drives me nuts! haha

I know it can be frustrating to lose stuff that you worked so hard to present nicely online, but sometimes in the world of metadata and site platform changes not all material can be saved. It's just reality and the nature of the website beast. Try not to take it out on the IT Staff and moderators crew. They are doing the best they can with budget and time constraints. Take Care Buddy.

I do have 1 question though: Why does every page on this site say 2010 copyright not 2012 copyright?

COPYRIGHT © 2010 COLTS, INC. Not a major problem naturally just something peculiar that I have noticed recently.

Yes, spell check is a life saver no doubt about it. There's nothing worse than when you spell a word as close as possible to the actually word and spell check can't find it or figure it out. It drives me nuts! haha

I know it can be frustrating to lose stuff that you worked so hard to present nicely online, but sometimes in the world of metadata and site platform changes not all material can be saved. It's just reality and the nature of the website beast. Try not to take it out on the IT Staff and moderators crew. They are doing the best they can with budget and time constraints. Take Care Buddy.

I do have 1 question though: Why does every page on this site say 2010 copyright not 2012 copyright? Not a major problem naturally just something peculiar that I have noticed recently.

1 - how true that line

still on computer finishing letters to medical Drs of mine & mom, luckily they let me as a colleague and saves me time from calling & extra visits

--------------------------------

2. Colts Moderators / IT are great and not their fault at all nor did I mean to imply anything like it,

Explanation

1st off moderators , as I understood it , had no real say on what format & capabilities were to be in final product nor when it was to be launched, only est time frames as had happened over 5 or so versions of various forums & websites I lived through

They advise as best they can at the time with the limited knowledge and experience they had with new site once up

My Colts was intended to be last site but thats how things go

Now nurturing an incredibly long and detailed profile page with constant updating through 5 websites u can imagine the disappointment I had when only can include URLs even when they worked as opposed to all these great pictures that were each categorized and carefully organized to tell a story with the addition of headlines and notations on a game etc etc and showing growth from scouting report to draft pick interview on wards etc etc though if wanted to I can upload every photo there plus rest on my computer ( SEE LAST LINE OF THIS COMMENT ) to gallery but my fingers would drop off and just not same as the way that page with photos looked and hit u squarely dead center etc , was proud of it

But as teamed with colts .com this was just not to be anymore ,. but NO WAY MODERATORS FAULT

3 as for 2010,. though this site came out in 2011 i guess the technical rights were patented by colts.com in 2010 so thus the original copyright date, -- simply a guess on my part

now stop quoting me ( LOL ), let me finish my business , shut computer and put on moist heat pad as dr ordered 3x daily on 2 reflectively new issues

Have'r a good one my friend, ( get this spell check didn't highlight Have'r a good )

I havent the heart yet to download a photo of Peyton in a Bronco uniform it just dont't look right

wish Gordon was here but they couldnt do his game picking that he lived for