Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Sheriff vs. Shady Tom Brady - 10-7-12 - 4:25 EST

oldunclemark

One amendment to my entry above:

1. I want NFL Network to re-air both the Colts/GB game and the Broncos/NE game this week

2. Denver's WR's, TE's, and RB's need to think as quickly as Manning thinks and adapt accordingly very quickly. I just hope that Denver's offensive weapons can do it it fast enough before #18's body or health gives out.

3. Saying NE is gonna win the SB doesn't mean I think the Patriots walk on water. INDY is my #1 team and #18 will always be revered to me. But, the eye test doesn't lie. NE is a juggernant. Who can stop them? Houston? Ravens? Chargers? I just don't see it. Unless critical injuries creep up unexpectedly.

4. I will always respect NE because of their toughness, Playoff appearances, the Patriot Way, and Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft, & Tom Brady's clutchness. I make no apologies for that EVER.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton played an absolutely great game . . . not so sure I would say perfect tho . . . didn't he . . . ah . . . umm . . . ah . .. fumble the ball at a key point in the 3rd qtr in his own red zone . . . which there after result in a TD for the Pats to go up 31-7 late in the 3rd qtr . . .

And if it hadn't been for the strip sack of TB (on a 4th and 5 play, the conversion of which would of basically ended the game) which resulted in an additional 20 yards change of FP along with change of possession, and then the subsequent strip fumble of Riddley later in the qtr . . . do you really think the Broncos would of been any way near the Pats?

Lets not throw the other 52 broncos under the bus so fast . . . just like Tebow last year, PM needed his teammate to help him comeback from a 31-7 deficit late in the game . . . PM certainly did his part as he so often does, but I will not throw he other teammates under the bus . . .

Yea, Peyton had the fumble; protection wasn't all that great, but he could have checked out of it. The Broncos fumbled twice in the redzone. The Broncos should have scored 14 points in the 1st quarter. Peyton made a a beautiful pass over both safties, and yet again DT fails him. Then McGahee drops the 4th down conversion, and fumbles in the redzone.

This is the team that played mistake free to bail Tebow out time and time again last year. So I'm just curious where that Denver team went. Denver shouldn't even had the chance to win, but Peyton got them their. Then it comes close they make the mistakes on him. Last year they wouldn't have done that.

So I'm not saying they got screwed out of a win because Denver was dominated the whole game. When you have Peyton, and he gives you the chance for a comeback don't mess it up. That's all the Broncos have done this year.

I've been saying this for years - ever since the Pats got Moss and turned in to an offensive juggernaut. If you beat the Patriots' O-line, you'll beat the Patriots. If you try to cover Welker, Gronk, Hernandez while applicable, Lloyd, even Branch, the kitchen sink, etc you WILL LOSE.

Bring the heat, and Brady struggles. Most teams lack the talent to get behind the line consistently. Why did the Giants beat the Patriots three out of four times? A little bit of luck and a whole lot of pass rush.

If you hang back and give TB 3,4,5,6+ seconds to throw one of his guys WILL come open eventually and Brady will hit the wide open target. Whether it's 5 yards or 50 yards. Put pressure on TB? If the play doesn't have time to develop that pass turns in to a more difficult one, a poor pass, throwing it away, or an INT.

Why more teams haven't figured this out and still try to cover everybody...I have no idea. They're professionals who know more about football than I ever will, but that seems god awfully stupid when we've seen what works and what doesn't over the course of dozens of games. Maybe they just have no confidence in being able to get to Brady.

I hear ya Moose . . . and i think most coaches know this this . . . but it an issue of personal and match-ups . . . only some teams have the personal to pull off what the Gmen have done to the patriots and can match to the Pats achilles heel, and that is to bring pressure with 4 DLs (well any good QB is not good if they get pressured) . . . so I think everone knows it but can't do it, or figured what portion of that they can accomplish is less effective than other methods

belive me Moose . . . in Jan 2008, I so wanted the see the Packers and Favre, but he blew in the NFCCG . . . and then again I wanted to see the untested Smith from SF and his 5 for whatever passing, bu he too lost in the NFCCG . . . . :peek:

1. I want NFL Network to re-air both the Colts/GB game and the Broncos/NE game this week

Is it just me or are they not showing as many replays as they did last year?

They show so much garbage in an endless loop, how about more actual football on the football channel? Is that too hard to comprehend or what? I used to think the NFLN was the best thing to happen to TV since the wireless remote. But over the last few years, they've gotten lame and their "reporting" has gotten tabloid-esque.

Who can stop them? Houston? Ravens? Chargers? I

In order:

#1 Houston - Good defense/pass rush designed to get to Manning. Their offense is equally good.

#2 Atlanta

#3 San Fran - Defense can do most of the work and hold NE to under 25. The O will have to show up to some extent.

#4 Baltimore (Already have)

#5 Jets. Just kidding. Should be humorous watching Houston throttle them on Monday night.

Those are the four teams I'd put ahead of NE. Arizona won, but that was more of an anomaly I think. Baltimore is more/less even. Defensive edge to Balt, offensive edge to NE.

San Diego...I haven't seen enough of to make a prediction.

.Yehoodie.....I usually kick some butt...Great analysis, What can I say? You are on it. I could nick-pick......not gonna. next time? YEP!

24-14 Chargers? On turf? HMMMMMMMMM!

There is one guy on here that is totally wrong....tired of it in every thread! You are correct!

Yea, Peyton had the fumble; protection wasn't all that great, but he could have checked out of it. The Broncos fumbled twice in the redzone. The Broncos should have scored 14 points in the 1st quarter. Peyton made a a beautiful pass over both safties, and yet again DT fails him. Then McGahee drops the 4th down conversion, and fumbles in the redzone.

This is the team that played mistake free to bail Tebow out time and time again last year. So I'm just curious where that Denver team went. Denver shouldn't even had the chance to win, but Peyton got them their. Then it comes close they make the mistakes on him. Last year they wouldn't have done that.

So I'm not saying they got screwed out of a win because Denver was dominated the whole game. When you have Peyton, and he gives you the chance for a comeback don't mess it up. That's all the Broncos have done this year.

Ihear you and pretty much agree on all lines . . . I think the difference in this game was that Denver was too far down for them to come back . . . and needed a bunch of plays to go right . . . in the Tebow games they were closer in the score and only needed a small handful of things to go right for Tebow time . . .

i think in this game, like with Tebow and Denver versas the pats last year, the Broncos got down by too many points . . .

and yes that was a key drop by DT (after a laser pass) early in the game and did effect the game eventho it was early . . . I just think it tough to come back by some much so late . . . and all, even PM, need to be perfect, which is tough to do for 22 starters . . . from PM's standpoint he nearly was . . . and yes it was a protection problem and maybe he could of got it out or gone down . . .and the fumble is not totally his fault as it would just as likely happened to another QB . . . but once your down by a bunch, all the cards need to be dealt your way and you cant afford being dealt a bad hand on one of the deals . . .

you are correct that if you can play clean, PM will help you win many games . . . but sometimes things are too far past the point of no return for things to get turned around . . .

I am glad that the pats were able to sneak out with a win . . . this late comebacks by PM are testing my heart . . .

.Yehoodie.....I usually kick some butt...Great analysis, What can I say? You are on it. I could nick-pick......not gonna. next time? YEP!

24-14 Chargers? On turf? HMMMMMMMMM!

There is one guy on here that is totally wrong....tired of it in every thread! You are correct!

thanks for the props, I try my best . . . it helps to try to be as neutral as possible . . .

What did he do wrong? He missed one pass to Tamme.

Idk what groove you expect him to do, but besides '04, this is his best start for a season.

getting the ball knocked out for a turnover is not a good thing.

I think he played well but it wasn't the same peyton..not that one should expect that.

I think he played well but it wasn't the same peyton..not that one should expect that.

He's....playing like he did in 2004 - only without Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison. You know, guys who can go deep, get open AND, most importantly, HOLD ON to the football. He actually had a decent run game back then, too. The defense sucks just like it did all those years in Indy. At least the special teams aren't as inept in Denver.

Manning looks fine. The Broncos sure as heck don't.

I've been saying this for years - ever since the Pats got Moss and turned in to an offensive juggernaut. If you beat the Patriots' O-line, you'll beat the Patriots. If you try to cover Welker, Gronk, Hernandez while applicable, Lloyd, even Branch, the kitchen sink, etc you WILL LOSE.

Bring the heat, and Brady struggles. Most teams either lack the talent to get behind the line consistently, or just don't gameplan to and attempt to cover everyone instead.

Why did Eli beat Brady the Giants beat the Patriots three out of four times? Twice in the SB? A little bit of luck and a whole lot of pass rush. The pass rush was much better in the first Superbowl, but good enough in the second one. Good enough to make Brady ground it for a safety out the gate.

If you hang back and give TB 4,5,6+ seconds to throw one of his guys WILL come open eventually and Brady will hit the wide open target. Whether it's 5 yards or 50 yards. Put pressure on TB? If the play doesn't have time to develop that pass turns in to a more difficult one, a poor pass, throwing it away, or an INT.

Why more teams haven't figured this out and still try to cover everybody...I have no idea. They're professionals who know more about football than I ever will, but that seems god awfully stupid when we've seen what works and what doesn't over the course of dozens of games. Maybe they just have no confidence in their D talent being able to beat NE's o-line.

I fully expect NE to coast through the rest of their schedule with a series of mostly blowouts leading to wins. Until NE plays the Texans.

Houston I KNOW has enough talent to pressure Brady all game long - IF they choose to. If they try to cover everyone, they're fools and will probably lose. If they opt to bring it, the Pats will lose. Bigtime.

I agree with all you said...although in the end if any D line can beat an oline the QB is dead. Why more don't do it?...probably don't have the talent of the likes of the Giants.

. .

I am glad that the pats were able to sneak out with a win . . . this late comebacks by PM are testing my heart . . .

sneak out a win? Ok you're posts are always logical but that wasn't:) Then again it was gut not logic that said no way are the pats losing this one;)

My heart didn't even flutter. :)

That wasn't really a mistake though. It was a coverage sack that led to a hit from his blind side, causing the fumble. Brady fumbled as well, resulting in a 20 yard loss.

It's good for the NFL, that Manning and Brady are still the elite QB's of the league.

I agree with all you said...although in the end if any D line can beat an oline the QB is dead. Why more don't do it?...probably don't have the talent of the likes of the Giants.

What perplexes me though is that it seems most teams don't even TRY. Most teams are just content to keep their guys back in coverage aside from obvious run plays which boggles my mind. It doesn't work. Ever. Against New England.

That wasn't really a mistake though. It was a coverage sack that led to a hit from his blind side, causing the fumble. Brady fumbled as well, resulting in a 20 yard loss.

He was sandwiched from three different defenders - two of which he probably didn't see coming. Manning should have thrown it away based on the one he COULD see, but that was just horrible blocking.

It's good for the NFL, that Manning and Brady are still the elite QB's of the league.

I just didn't see the same "intimidating precision" as years past. You mean he was only good with harrison and Wayne? Oh wait:)

Is it just me or are they not showing as many replays as they did last year?

They show so much garbage in an endless loop, how about more actual football on the football channel? Is that too hard to comprehend or what? I used to think the NFLN was the best thing to happen to TV since the wireless remote. But over the last few years, they've gotten lame and their "reporting" has gotten tabloid-esque.

You know ruksak. You are exactly right. Why can't the NFL figure out what the public really wants to see? I will gladly inform them. haha Excellent point ruksak! :thmup:

In order:

#1 Houston - Good defense/pass rush designed to get to Manning. Their offense is equally good.

#2 Atlanta

#3 San Fran - Defense can do most of the work and hold NE to under 25. The O will have to show up to some extent.

#4 Baltimore (Already have)

#5 Jets. Just kidding. Should be humorous watching Houston throttle them on Monday night.

Those are the four teams I'd put ahead of NE. Arizona won, but that was more of an anomaly I think. Baltimore is more/less even. Defensive edge to Balt, offensive edge to NE.

San Diego...I haven't seen enough of to make a prediction.

49ers had 621 yards on offense today! :woah:

What perplexes me though is that it seems most teams don't even TRY. Most teams are just content to keep their guys back in coverage aside from obvious run plays which boggles my mind. It doesn't work. Ever. Against New England.

Well don't forget Brady does pretty good with blitzes. It's more you need the dominating D line I think and that's talent. or at least playing like you have it.

He is playing better that he has ever before, san the '04 season.

I don't understand what people want him to do to stop saying he isn't like he was before. Nothing has changed.

I've been saying this for years - ever since the Pats got Moss and turned in to an offensive juggernaut. If you beat the Patriots' O-line, you'll beat the Patriots. If you try to cover Welker, Gronk, Hernandez while applicable, Lloyd, even Branch, the kitchen sink, etc you WILL LOSE. Bring the heat, and Brady struggles. Most teams either lack the talent to get behind the line consistently, or just don't gameplan to and attempt to cover everyone instead. Why did Eli beat Brady the Giants beat the Patriots three out of four times? Twice in the SB? A little bit of luck and a whole lot of pass rush. The pass rush was much better in the first Superbowl, but good enough in the second one. Good enough to make Brady ground it for a safety out the gate. If you hang back and give TB 4,5,6+ seconds to throw one of his guys WILL come open eventually and Brady will hit the wide open target. Whether it's 5 yards or 50 yards. Put pressure on TB? If the play doesn't have time to develop that pass turns in to a more difficult one, a poor pass, throwing it away, or an INT. Why more teams haven't figured this out and still try to cover everybody...I have no idea. They're professionals who know more about football than I ever will, but that seems god awfully stupid when we've seen what works and what doesn't over the course of dozens of games. Maybe they just have no confidence in their D talent being able to beat NE's o-line. I fully expect NE to coast through the rest of their schedule with a series of mostly blowouts leading to wins. Until NE plays the Texans. Houston I KNOW has enough talent to pressure Brady all game long - IF they choose to. If they try to cover everyone, they're fools and will probably lose. If they opt to bring it, the Pats will lose. Bigtime.
In order: #1 Houston - Good defense/pass rush designed to get to Manning. Their offense is equally good. #2 Atlanta #3 San Fran - Defense can do most of the work and hold NE to under 25. The O will have to show up to some extent. #4 Baltimore (Already have) #5 Jets. Just kidding. Should be humorous watching Houston throttle them on Monday night. Those are the four teams I'd put ahead of NE. Arizona won, but that was more of an anomaly I think. Baltimore is more/less even. Defensive edge to Balt, offensive edge to NE. San Diego...I haven't seen enough of to make a prediction.

All good points. Houston and the 49ers are the only stumbling blocks to a SB victory in New Orleans for NE IMO. 2 very good posts Moose Of Woe. :thmup:

I just didn't see the same "intimidating precision" as years past. You mean he was only good with harrison and Wayne? Oh wait:)

When you want to go deep, you need time for the players to get there as well as players who can catch the football. (AND HOLD ON TO IT)

Twice in two weeks Manning went deep to Thomas. Two completions to the 11ish yard line. Two fumbles. One untouched. He's fast, but he's inept. If that's a mediocre receiver, those are TD's.

Manning made the throws that needed to be made. The quality of receivers don't determine Manning's throwing accuracy, power, and decision making. The quality of receivers DOES effect the results of the passes. Manning didn't need Marvin or Reggie to be great. He was then, he is now. What Manning needs is a receiver who doesn't fumble it by defending HIMSELF.

Maybe a little aggressive/cocky but there was no way Denver was winning that game.

That might be some of the fastest no huddle drives ever seen.

Had it not been for a fumble by McGahee at the end... There is a chance they might have been in trouble, but it wasn't meant to be. In watching what little of the game I did it was interesting to see Brady ducking an invisible tackler only to get sacked afterward.

sneak out a win? Ok you're posts are always logical but that wasn't:) Then again it was gut not logic that said no way are the pats losing this one;)

My heart didn't even flutter. :)

Your a heartier man than I . . . :cheer2:

okay maybe sneak wasnt the best word . . :)

True we were in great shape and just needed to coast to the finishig line and pretty had the benefit of knowing that like 7 straight things had to go right for the opponent to win . . . . i was okay once were saw 1, 2, and 3 go by but once number 4 came up, the not again thought started to creep in even tho the were still 3 balls to drop 5, 6 and 7 . . . haven't not closed out the Ravens game that was in hand, albeit less in hand than the instant game, got me thinking after number 4 . . . so maybe sneak is the best word as #5 did not rop and we still had 6 and 7 to be dealt, but the game was closer than I had wish after we went up 31-7 . . . even tho we won by 10 . . .

. . . which would be pertinent if they were playing ping pong or tennis.

Of course it matters! The Giants with Eli is 3-1 against the Patriots with Tom in single gladatorial combat. Each man is on the same field at the same time, with the same tools at their disposal, fighting the same defense!

Would you believe these two TITANS have met in the Superbowl? Twice no less! The only game that truly matters! The Giants Eli is actually 2-0. 200% better than The Patriots Tom. Team pulling its weight all around, a little luck, and a pass rush be darned. NONE OF THAT MATTERS! Just wins, baby! Eli is undefeated in Superbowls! Golly gee he's the BEST! Cookie-Monster-2-icon.png

NO! I changed my mind! It's about TEH RINGZZzzZUUZUZU!

Bradshaw is as good as Montana. 1a and 1b. Everyone else is AT best second best.

NO! I changed my mind! It's about Super Bowl APPEARANCES!

Mike Lodish and Don Beebe are the best two players to ever have graced the NFL. They've each been to the SB six times. What do you mean you've never heard of them?

NO! I changed my mind! It's about....uh......uh......marrying a super model!

Ok. Tom is the best.

Seriously though the ever changing requirements for GOAT status here in Massachusetts are an amazing sight to behold.

Amendment to my previous post on Super Models. Didn't Hank Basket marry a super model? Clearly he was a stud WR and special teamer. The best to ever play! :D

Also like myself I'm sure ViriLudant was just joking about it. Not to put words or intention in someone else's mouth, but that's what I assume..and..uh...hope.

The reason the Giants are successful is because they bat a lot of balls on the D-line with their athletic DL and Brady loves those crossing routes and quick throws down the middle. Remember, the Colts, under Tony Dungy and Ron Meeks forced Brady to 4 INTs in a SNF game in 2006, our SB year, where Marvin caught that sick TD pass where he tipped it to himself. A lot of those INTs were because of tipped balls in the middle where the MLB was active and I think Cato June, our WILL, caught 2 INTs that game because of that.

If you cant get to Brady, get some tipped balls. Of course, stop the run first which the Broncos never did. :)

That was a winnable game for the Broncos and they had their chances. I was dead on in saying that the Broncos could not start as slow as they possibly did and go down 31-7 out of the gate. They had several big mistakes, including Thomas's fumble at the Pats 5 yard line on the opening drive. Potentially 7 points off the board. McGahee dropping a pass wide open on 4th down which allowed the Pats to take more time off the clock. And then he goes on to fumble deep in Pats territory when the Broncos were marching right down the field. And of course allowing a 3rd and 17 conversion on a freakin' running play. Took the Broncos defense far too long to finally adjust and put up a few stops on the Pats to keep them in the game.

Pretty impressed with Peyton's performance tonight. Played a flawless game minus a fumble deep in Broncos territory. Really wish this team would stop getting themselves into big holes so early in the game.

There's the no-huddle...and then there's the PATRIOT no-huddle. Good night. Even Simms was amazed that they even got a play call off.

Watching Peyton's no-huddle against Brady's was like watching an F-15 battle an F-22. The times have caught up to the former. It's now second generation.

That was a winnable game for the Broncos and they had their chances. I was dead on in saying that the Broncos could not start as slow as they possibly did and go down 31-7 out of the gate. They had several big mistakes, including Thomas's fumble at the Pats 5 yard line on the opening drive. Potentially 7 points off the board. McGahee dropping a pass wide open on 4th down which allowed the Pats to take more time off the clock. And then he goes on to fumble deep in Pats territory when the Broncos were marching right down the field. And of course allowing a 3rd and 17 conversion on a freakin' running play. Took the Broncos defense far too long to finally adjust and put up a few stops on the Pats to keep them in the game.

Pretty impressed with Peyton's performance tonight. Played a flawless game minus a fumble deep in Broncos territory. Really wish this team would stop getting themselves into big holes so early in the game.

Peyton HAD the game............. the stadium was so quiet,,,,

they KNEW what was coming

The Denver DEF and Willis let Peyton down...

Denver should have won

Lets not forget DT's long catch & fumble on the first drive even though had great game after, its 3rd game in row he fumbled

Yeah Mcgee , stupid drop , easy catch on 3rd dwn with no one near him, and later the fumble on the Pats 10 just ended it

giving up 240 + yards running wow

Have u noticed when Peyton plays faster and hardly runs the ball in each game the team moves down the field faster

Its as if their are 2 game plans, broncos and Peytons

& how do u just allow 3rd and long so often to be converted , especial;y when they are stuck deep in your territory and aloow runs of 17 yards for such 3rd downs was a shame to watch & peyton puttiong on his helmut then seeing it

Maybe a little aggressive/cocky but there was no way Denver was winning that game.

That might be some of the fastest no huddle drives ever seen.

There's the no-huddle...and then there's the PATRIOT no-huddle. Good night. Even Simms was amazed that they even got a play call off.

Watching Peyton's no-huddle against Brady's was like watching an F-15 battle an F-22. The times have caught up to the former. It's now second generation.

THe Patriot no hiuddle u talk about peyton had used with the colts at time without a run game , they called it the blaze, pats had both the run and pass at will

& how do u just allow 3rd and long so often to be converted , especial;y when they are stuck deep in your territory and aloow runs of 17 yards for such 3rd downs was a shame to watch & peyton puttiong on his helmut then seeing it

Broncos don't have the weapons to conduct football war

third-and-17 on their 43, Peyton Manning got up from the bench to warm up. Seconds later, the Broncos quarterback sat down because he was let down. On an ordinary running play by smurf Danny Woodhead, the Patriots gained 19 yards, and soon afterward took a 24-7 lead.

Manning didn't get an opportunity then.

He actually had no chance Sunday afternoon.

It's difficult for Manning to come to a duel with Tom Brady without a sword.

If the defense wasn't allowing the Patriots a franchise record 35 first downs — and being torched for first downs on 11-of-17 third downs — and wasn't so indolent on hurry-up plays by the Patriots,

and if Demaryius Thomas and Willis McGahee weren't fumbling in critical circumstances, and McGahee hadn't dropped a ridiculously simple toss on fourth down, and if the coaching staff wasn't making inane calls on offense and defense, and if the head coach hadn't committed the grave errors of not going for a two-point conversion and not challenging a Patriots fumble, Manning actually might have pulled off an astonishing comeback.

Even more repulsive for the Broncos was their slow reaction before several of those plays , especially the 3rd down & long plays. Brady caught them casually lining up and completely out of position when the ball was snapped.or just lazerly trying to substitute

Many bronco Coaching errors are pointed out in many paragraphs

And what was with middle linebacker Joe Mays being spread nearly to the sideline defending receivers?

New defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio couldn't sleep comfortably after that mess of an effort.

Neither could head coach John Fox. He will consider this criticism unjust, but when Peyton finally got the Broncos moving, and they scored to make it 31-13 just before the end of the third quarter, they had to consider going for two — which would have made it a possible two-possession game. Fox didn't blink. And, as the game wound down, the Broncos had another touchdown and were threatening again when McGahee fumbled. It could have been 31-31 at that juncture if they made the first conversion, and if McGahee hadn't fumbled.

The question before the game was: How do the Broncos beat the Patriots once when they couldn't do it twice last season? Well, the answer after the game is: Don't fumble; don't drop passes; don't give up 19-yard running plays on third-and-17; don't react to the hurry-up unhurriedly — and there's a chance to win with Manning.

Read more:Woody Paige: Broncos don't have the weapons to conduct football war - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...l#ixzz28hHCXU4p

Have u noticed when Peyton plays faster and hardly runs the ball in each game the team moves down the field faster

Its as if their are 2 game plans, broncos and Peytons

2. Denver's WR's, TE's, and RB's need to think as quickly as Manning thinks and adapt accordingly very quickly. I just hope that Denver's offensive weapons can do it it fast enough before #18's body or health gives out.

Precisely Barry. The offense is not viewing Peyton's ariel playbook yet. The offense is in the plane about to skydive and they haven't figured out when to pull the cord or how to land safely blindfolded yet. Next year by week 7, they will have gotten in sync and mastered Peyton's up tempo scheme more crisply and fluidly than they do right now IMO.

One thing I am happy about is that Peyton's throws seem to be getting more accurate and faster with each game and his durability in terms of taking hits seems fine to me. I know #18 is a perfectionist. I love that about him.

The real question is finding a balance between reasonable WR and TE patience and pushing his offense to a level of automatic precision they didn't know they were capable of. Like military basic training, you push; and push and push, until your training takes over, your fear disappears, and you trust your instincts. You don't think...You react and greatness takes over. Then and only then will previous INDY success under 18 be transferred to Denver IMO.

Another word for greatness=confidence through repetition and, in turn, game victories.

http://youtu.be/6JbBVKQDTWQ