Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Sheriff vs. Shady Tom Brady - 10-7-12 - 4:25 EST

oldunclemark

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills ran a nickle package for almost the entire game, daring the Patriots to run on them. They did. Two guys with 100+ yards on the ground, and they still got 350 yards out of Brady.

This concept goes back to the playoff game the Patriots lost a couple of years back to the Jets. In that game, the Jets played mostly with 6 or even 7 DBs, but the Pats did not take the run. That's one thing that's drastically changed in the past couple of years. If you load up against the pass, the Patriots can run the ball now, with some pretty impressive power. Ridley is an upgrade over Green-Ellis and Bolden had a breakout game last week.

The Broncos' defense doesn't match up as well against New England's offense. They're smaller and faster, but they can be pushed around. And if the run game gets going like it has against Tennessee and Buffalo, that leaves the opponent vulnerable to play-action, where Brady has excelled and gotten the matchups he wants (Lloyd one-on-one, Welker covered by a nickle corner or slower LB or safety, and Gronk in single coverage, which is so lopsided it's almost unfair).

On defense, from what I've seen, the goal is to make Manning move. Preferably to his left, but even moving right his arm strength seems off still. The Patriots' vulnerability on defense continues to be mid-to-intermediate range passes right now. Manning will hit the underneath stuff all day, but that may not be enough to keep up if the Pats can score points the way they should. With a few exceptions (one long catch-and-run against Buffalo) they've tackled very well this season and are not giving up a lot of YAC.

Of course, anything can happen. But given that the Patriots basically destroyed the Broncos twice at the end of last year, I like their chances this weekend. Manning is of course a different guy to prepare for than Tebow, but the NE offense versus the Denver defense is a good match-up for NE.

Run Game of Pats more than impressive so far & bb Knows when to call what and Tom can always audible

Run Game of Pats more than impressive so far & bb Knows when to call what and Tom can always audible

Yup. There was a certain level of arrogance in the Jets playoff game (trying to throw despite NY loading up against it) and I really think they learned from that. They'll take what you give them... that was always the hallmark of the Super Bowl teams. And it's smart football.

Nice story here:

Peyton Manning said Tom Brady was there for him through injury

“When you’re injured, and you’re not out there playing, you kind of find out who’s with you and who’s not. Tom consistently throughout the season would check in with me. I appreciate that. It says a lot.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/10/03/peyton-manning-tom-brady-injury/16140/

Nice story here:

“When you’re injured, and you’re not out there playing, you kind of find out who’s with you and who’s not. Tom consistently throughout the season would check in with me. I appreciate that. It says a lot.”

http://blogs.denverp...y-injury/16140/

Just seen this on NFL.com too.

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

Touche Tom, touche. Just gained giant ground in my book. I knew they were friends, but that speaks GREATLY.

Nice story here:

Ya i saw that too, thanks for posting . . . i think this might happens more often than we think and it doesn't get reported, that is the kindness between teams and players . . . i remember when the colts won the 2006 AFCCG, which was bitter pill for most NE fans and players, BB, who normally is not all bells and whistles after a lost, called PM between the AFCCG and the SB to wished him luck . . . PM reported is a not too soon after the SB . . . but i am sure it happens more than what is reported . . .

Nice story here:

Thanks for posting this story BAB.

"“Hey anything I can do to help the rehab, miss seeing you out there,” Manning said... Tom consistently throughout the season would check in with me. I appreciate that. It says a lot.”

Tom Brady is a darn nice guy, a remarkable talent, and this story just made my respect for Mr. Brady skyrocket straight to the moon. #12 my be a football foe to many INDY fans, but any man that reaches out to Yoda AKA #18 for support, guidance, and friendship at an athlete's darkest hour is and always will be universally revered and respected in my eyes. Kudos Tom. Kudos.

Denver scares me not at all. Doesn't mean that the Patriots may not lose this game, but the Bronco's defense can't contain the Patriots (as we've seen very recently), and the Patriots' greatest weakness (the deep pass) won't be much of a factor, as Peyton can't throw deep very well anymore.

As I mentioned awhile back in another entry, this will be my game to honestly judge where Peyton Manning is truly at for this season. I never underestimate your field general VL ever. Please extend me the same courtesy and don't underestimate mine either. Right now, you are correct. Peyton has mastered the deep ball quite yet, but it's not written in stone or a foregone conclusion yet either. Next year by week 7, we will all see whether or not velocity on the deep pass has returned with touch, accuracy, and pinpoint precision not now.

If you back me into a corner and forced me to pick a winner, I'd say NE because of Manning health, chemistry, and timing issues with his TE's and WR's, but Peyton is a machine and by 2013 he will be back to almost full strength and this contest will be much tighter and the margin for error razor thin.

When I write my critique of this game, I will be honest and if NE kicks the Broncos caboose I will admit it and give your squad the proper respect due. I never lie. I call it like I see it. I always have and I always will. No exceptions.

Nice story here:

despite being enemies on the field they are good friends otherwise & give eachother the proper respect

As I mentioned awhile back in another entry, this will be my game to honestly judge where Peyton Manning is truly at for this season. I never underestimate your field general VL ever. Please extend me the same courtesy and don't underestimate mine either. Right now, you are correct. Peyton has mastered the deep ball quite yet, but it's not written in stone or a foregone conclusion yet either. Next year by week 7, we will all see whether or not velocity on the deep pass has returned with touch, accuracy, and pinpoint precision not now.

If you back me into a corner and forced me to pick a winner, I'd say NE because of Manning health, chemistry, and timing issues with his TE's and WR's, but Peyton is a machine and by 2013 he will be back to almost full strength and this contest will be much tighter and the margin for error razor thin.

When I write my critique of this game, I will be honest and if NE kicks the Broncos caboose I will admit it and give your squad the proper respect due. I never lie. I call it like I see it. I always have and I always will. No exceptions.

Except that I said that I don't fear Denver. Peyton's good at the short game, but that's not a big weakness for the Patriots; it's the long ball that concerns me regarding our secondary. If the passes are similar to what Peyton's been throwing so far, I'm not too worried.

The Denver defense is why I think the Patriots will win. The Patriots have shredded that defense twice in the past year, and Brady threw 10 TDs in those two games.

Cool links on the Brady-Manning bro-mance. Maybe Tom will take Peyton out on Newbury Street in Boston so they can shop for Uggs together. :yay:

Seriously though, I remember seeing something about Manning reaching out to Brady when he blew out his knee, too... I'm sure that they're a lot chummier than any of us know.

When you look at their combined accomplishments... 4 Super Bowl rings in 7 appearances... 6 combined MVPs... countless records by each guy... pretty amazing. They've made each other better.

Tom Brady is a darn nice guy, a remarkable talent, and this story just made my respect for Mr. Brady skyrocket straight to the moon. #12 my be a football foe to many INDY fans, but any man that reaches out to Yoda AKA #18 for support, guidance, and friendship at an athlete's darkest hour is and always will be universally revered and respected in my eyes. Kudos Tom. Kudos.

Yep, he seems to be. How can be so beautiful, so good at football AND be a darn nice guy? Unfair!!!

Cool links on the Brady-Manning bro-mance. Maybe Tom will take Peyton out on Newbury Street in Boston so they can shop for Uggs together. :yay:

Seriously though, I remember seeing something about Manning reaching out to Brady when he blew out his knee, too... I'm sure that they're a lot chummier than any of us know.

When you look at their combined accomplishments... 4 Super Bowl rings in 7 appearances... 6 combined MVPs... countless records by each guy... pretty amazing. They've made each other better.

I did too. I cannot remember exactly where (maybe Peyton's presser or Brady's radio interview). I guess QB fraternity is for real, and they are the top two.

Except that I said that I don't fear Denver. Peyton's good at the short game, but that's not a big weakness for the Patriots; it's the long ball that concerns me regarding our secondary. If the passes are similar to what Peyton's been throwing so far, I'm not too worried.

The Denver defense is why I think the Patriots will win. The Patriots have shredded that defense twice in the past year, and Brady threw 10 TDs in those two games.

Yep, he seems to be. How can he be so beautiful, so good at football AND be a darn nice guy? Unfair!!!

I guess QB fraternity is for real, and they are the top two.

No worries VL. Personally, I think this game will come down to whose passers disrupt which field general better. DE's Denver's Elvis Dumervil and Robert Ayers vs. Patriots Jake Bequette and Jermaine Cunningham. Safeties Champ Bailey and Patrick Chung will be an intriguing battle to watch to IMO. Yeah, as much as I'm supposed to hate Tom Brady as a heated INDY rival; I just can't do it. I respect his demeanor, attitude, and accomplishments too much. Like I also said before, I'd love to see Peyton and Tom enter the same Canton HOF NFL class together. That would so ROCK!!! :rock:

The Patriots Vs. Broncos game will be must see TV as always. Please Vince Wilfork don't hurt #18 okay and #12 keep your head on a constant swivel for your own safety as well.

Just click on the image to enlarge it.

dumervil_elvis.jpg

No worries VL. Personally, I think this game will come down to whose passers disrupt which field general better. DE's Denver's Elvis Dumervil and Robert Ayers vs. Patriots Jake Bequette and Jermaine Cunningham. Safeties Champ Bailey and Patrick Chung will be an intriguing battle to watch to IMO. Yeah, as much as I'm supposed to hate Tom Brady as a heated INDY rival; I just can't do it. I respect his demeanor, attitude, and accomplishments too much. Like I also said before, I'd love to see Peyton and Tom enter the same Canton HOF NFL class together. That would so ROCK!!! :rock:

The Patriots Vs. Broncos game will be must see TV as always. Please Vince Wilfork don't hurt #18 okay and #12 keep your head on a constant swivel for your own safety as well.

Just click on the image to enlarge it.

dumervil_elvis.jpg

Great image, SW! Doom has been playing well.

I think our defense will show up Sunday. Sadly, I don't get the game because of the darn Niners. I look forward to reading you guys reports. Please pay special attention to my fave Von Miller. He has been one of the best LBs in the league so far this year.

SW, Bequette doesn't even play.

It'll be Chandler Jones, the rookie, looking to sack Peyton. Cunningham hasn't had many snaps either; it's been Ninkovich primarily on the left side.

Fair enough. Thanks for clearing that up. I don't have the Direct TV Sunday NFL package so I don't get to see too many NE games in WI on Dish Network. But, I do listen to INDY and Patriot games quite frequently on my Sirus Satellite Radio. I just figured with the movement to make your Foxboro squad younger and faster on defense that Bill would rotate pass rushers like he used to as DC for the NY Giants. My mistake. I do listen well and I can be taught...Just give me some time. hahaThanks for your patience VL. :thmup:

Just to prove people wrong, I am expecting Peyton to connect on a long ball over 40 yards for a TD in this game!!! :)

I expect 3 TDs from Peyton. It always comes down to the last possession with Peyton & Brady. I dont expect any different in this game.

Great image, SW! Doom has been playing well.

I think our defense will show up Sunday. Sadly, I don't get the game because of the darn Niners. I look forward to reading you guys reports. Please pay special attention to my fave Von Miller. He has been one of the best LBs in the league so far this year.

Special Attention eh? You mean like this BayAreaBronco? ;)

http://youtu.be/u5lmV1p5KLg

It always comes down to the last possession with Peyton & Brady. I dont expect any different in this game.

Absolutely right chad72! It ain't over until the play clock says: 00:00...I had to change the Patriots highlight reel. Too much swearing...Sorry NE fans.

Manning and Brady: The Definition of Clutch...

http://youtu.be/B2IlQc71Kpw

http://youtu.be/osQkgPqNOyw

Fair enough. Thanks for clearing that up. I don't have the Direct TV Sunday NFL package so I don't get to see too many NE games in WI on Dish Network. But, I do listen to INDY and Patriot games quite frequently on my Sirus Satellite Radio. I just figured with the movement to make your Foxboro squad younger and faster on defense that Bill would rotate pass rushers like he used to as DC for the NY Giants. My mistake. I do listen well and I can be taught...Just give me some time. hahaThanks for your patience VL. :thmup:

Watch out for Chandler Jones.

He was named defensive rookie of the month, and he's easily good enough to earn DPOY.

Put it this way, When Colts Played Bears In SB 41 he called TOM to know what to expect from the media etc, to help prepare mentally & for all activity as Tom has been through 3 winners at that time

Watch out for Chandler Jones.

He was named defensive rookie of the month, and he's easily good enough to earn DPOY.

Oh my god, I love you, SW! I've never seen these before. I'm sitting here watching with my heart beating faster and faster. Now I have to go tackle someone. These are awesome!!!

I agree ,. I remember Early in season , forgot what week exactly, he caused a fumble that Ingram Picked up for the TD

I havent watched the posted videos as do have NFL package to witness live

Put it this way, When Colts Played Bears In SB 41 he called TOM to know what to expect from the media etc, to help prepare mentally & for all activity as Tom has been through 3 winners at that time

Nice, didn't know that Bayone, thanks for sharing!

Call me sappy, but nothing would be cooler than seeing those two inducted into the HOF in the same year. I think Brady will play a year or two longer, so it probably won't happen, but their careers - far as I'm concerned - will always be linked.

Call me sappy, but nothing would be cooler than seeing those two inducted into the HOF in the same year. I think Brady will play a year or two longer, so it probably won't happen, but their careers - far as I'm concerned - will always be linked.

That would be the Ultimate induction highlight reel forever,

it would be symbolical of exactly what greatness in ability, prerapration, elevation of those around u, leadership , sportsmanship & etc is all about

Michael Lombardi and Donovan McNabb are the only two "experts" to pick the Broncos to win this week.

It's good to hear that at least 2 NFL Network analysts aren't so quick to coronate Foxboro King just yet. There is still an actual game to be played yet. No need to pull the Irish funeral bagpipes just yet...

It's good to hear that at least 2 NFL Network analysts aren't so quick to coronate Foxboro King just yet. There is still an actual game to be played yet. No need to pull the Irish funeral bagpipes just yet...

Lombardi has the lowest pick percentage of the season, but McNabb has the highest, that I can recall. So I don't know. haha

It's not going to be a blowout. Down to the wire, like they always were.

Oh my god, I love you, SW! I've never seen these before. I'm sitting here watching with my heart beating faster and faster. Now I have to go tackle someone. These are awesome!!!

Yeah BAB, your poor husband is gonna come home, you will ferociously tackle him violently to the ground [a perfectly clean hit. No launching with the helmet either. Simply textbook.], and your husband is gonna say, "Honey, what did I do to upset you so much?" :funny::lol:haha Just Kidding!!!

Lombardi has the lowest pick percentage of the season, but McNabb has the highest, that I can recall. So I don't know. haha

It's not going to be a blowout. Down to the wire, like they always were.

My heart says Peyton is always "The Comeback Kid" but if #18 is "The Sheriff" than clearly Foxboro is firing on all cylinders right now.

Brady and his band of U.S. Federal Marshals will probably win this high noon shootout at the OK Coral. I always love a suspenseful, good old western flick.

Cue the Clint Eastwood spaghetti Western music...

http://youtu.be/pZvhbkvZ-oY

Just wait till 15 years from now when they reprise Tango & Cash.

Tango-and-cash-russel-stallone.jpg

Nice story here:

I have always thought that the rivalry was more the fans and the media, and that :manning: and :brady: have always had the utmost respect for each other. I just hope this is a Good Game.. Pulling for :manning: of course.

Thanks for posting.

Hey VL,

I just ordered "The Case for Foortball's Greatest Quarterback: Tom Brady vs. the NFL" by Sean Glennon today. I'm really looking forward to reading it myself. Thanks for the title and author INFO again. To me, both Manning and Brady are elite field generals and I will always respect your Boston QB almost as much as Peyton. We're talkin' a fraction of a decimal point difference here in my book. Yes, #12 has more hardware and yes he won them all fair and square, but #18's 4 MVP's ain't too shabby either.

Thanks for not taking me to the woodshed today about my lack of roster expertise in NE. You could have. I appreciate that you didn't. You're a stand up guy VL. :thmup: I look forward to more football discussions with you as the NFL season progresses

Yeah BAB, your poor husband is gonna come home, you will ferociously tackle him violently to the ground [a perfectly clean hit. No launching with the helmet either. Simply textbook.], and your husband is gonna say, "Honey, what did I do to upset you so much?" :funny::lol:haha Just Kidding!!!

lmao! My technique is so sound I will even put my right hand in a cast. And I will swat my dog out of the way before I get to him :D

I cannot stop watching these videos!

I have always thought that the rivalry was more the fans and the media, and that :manning: and :brady: have always had the utmost respect for each other. I just hope this is a Good Game.. Pulling for :manning: of course.

Thanks for posting.

Yeah, I think they probably understand each other better than most other people. It's so nice they have each other to lean on. I'm sure it can be lonely at the top. Nice icons, BTW, Gramz!

Interesting, I guess one has to look at how Del Rio and Jaguars defended against Pats in the past. I thought he did a good job.

On Jags he had 2 great DT always big & good if remember right so no way run and also was there for years, now hes new & still learning what players can do just like Peyton is learning what his offense can do together and what works

Hey VL,

I just ordered "The Case for Foortball's Greatest Quarterback: Tom Brady vs. the NFL" by Sean Glennon today. I'm really looking forward to reading it myself. Thanks for the title and author INFO again. To me, both Manning and Brady are elite field generals and I will always respect your Boston QB almost as much as Peyton. We're talkin' a fraction of a decimal point difference here in my book. Yes, #12 has more hardware and yes he won them all fair and square, but #18's 4 MVP's ain't too shabby either.

Thanks for not taking me to the woodshed today about my lack of roster expertise in NE. You could have. I appreciate that you didn't. You're a stand up guy VL. :thmup: I look forward to more football discussions with you as the NFL season progresses

Nothing against Peyton or Tom Or Montana But to these old eyes that witnessed all

UNITAS , made case elswhere in detail, another topic , just cant now sorry and he had 3 championships and 3 MVPs if u consider that before they called it MVP it was called something else by the ap & Unitas won it then as well, maybe was POY --- PLAYER OF THE YEAR or NFL MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER AWARD

FROM MY PROFILE PAGE BUT LINK THAT EXPLAINS IT NO LONGER WORKS

Manning Wins 4th MVP

BEATING THE NFL RECORD of 3 AP MVP wins by B. FARVE , J. BROWN & JOHNNY UNITAS, THE LATTER 2 ACTUALLY WON IN 4 DIFFERENT YEARS IF U COUNT ALL ASSOCIATIONS THAT GAVE AWARD OUT< BUT ALL 3 WON 3 TIMES BY ASSC. PRESS.

HOWEVER only FARVE is noted for it as AP's modern era started in 1961 and in reality 2 of Browns & 1 of Unitas's were prior to 1961 when the AP actually started to call it the MVP, before that they called the same award ++ The PLO , PLAYER OF THE YEAR or

NFL MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER AWARD

as Shown In Link: Below

+++ This PLO is further shortly explained later & in the Later Wikepedia Link +++

1 st PLO / NFL MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER AWARDLINK http://static.nfl.co...ess_NFL_MVP.pdf

HERE THIS WORKS TO EXPLAIN

THIS ONE WORKS ALSO FOUND ON MY PROFILE PAGE WHICH this site has ruined turning all pictures into links oinly & all, links worked when entered but no longer do , and looks a mess and too hard now for me to edit'

, was great on my colts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Most_Valuable_Player_Award