The Sheriff vs. Shady Tom Brady - 10-7-12 - 4:25 EST

oldunclemark

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, October 5, 2012 - inappropriate
Hidden by shecolt, October 5, 2012 - inappropriate

Anything that pops the balloon of elite QB status on Joe Flacco, Tony Romo, and Jay Cutler is both hilarious and right on the money. Nice work BAB! :lol::spit:

All 3 of their NFL careers are imploding...Okay, maybe not Flacco's, but he's not elite more like...slightly above average.

And why is Mark Sanchez referred to as "sanchize" anyway? The objective is to elevate your franchise to glory not derail it to the bottom of the NFL basement man.

Eli Manning: "Jesus Christ Romo. Do you realize how badly you have to suck to make Cutler look good by comparison?!!" :funny::lol:

Anything that slams the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones always puts a HUGE diabolical grin on my face. I love it! I live for it! :thmup:

Tim Tebow: "Say Fellas, there's no need to take the Lord's name in vain."

What Tom Brady should have said: "Chill it there Christian boy, the only time I wanna hear God mentioned is in my bedroom with my wife Gisele Bündchen. Oh Snap!"

Tom Brady: "Seriously Griffin, do you even know what it's like to throw a game winning TD?

Russell Wilson: "I do."

What Aaron Rogers should have said: "Bleep you Wilson. Zebra incompetence doesn't count you fool. I suppose you think the zebras were fantastic on the "Tuck Rule" too... :facepalm: :slaphead:

Tom Brady: "Yeah, it's too bad that Tracy Porter didn't drop that pass that you threw right him in the Superbowl."

Peyton Manning: "Funny Tommy, because your gonna gift wrap an early interception, Christmas present right to Tracy Porter on Sunday. I didn't know you worked for UPS Air in your spare time Brady. LOL."

Tony Romo: "Sup?"

Tom Brady: "HA! HA! HA!" [Add] "What's up? Oh I don't know a bouched FG hold, endless fumbles, multiple picks, and here comes JPP and Justin Tuck for your head Lone Star Boy." :lol:

Big Ben: "2 rings all up in your ______ right here!"

Aaron Rogers: "Bleep off_____. What's that police song named after you? "Every move you make every breath you take. I'll be watching you. Or was that just your sexual assault mug shot? The Bus won your 1st ring and Santonio Holmes won your 2nd."

RG3: "Sup?"

Aaron Rogers: "Don't you have a Gatorade or Subway commercial to film? When do you even find time to practice football anyway?"

RG3: "Discount Double Check is gonna lecture me on stretching myself too thin and media over exposure. Really Cheese Boy?"

Aaron Rogers: "Hey this cheese boy has some shiny Superbowl bling. Where's yours exactly? Oh that's right, you don't have any bling do Ya now rookie? LOL. Don't make me sick Bob Knight on your caboose. He's never happy RG3...

http://youtu.be/QllvThUkd84

Matt Ryan: "Sup."

Tom Brady: "I just called ESPN's 1st Take's Skip Bayless and he granted me permission to borrow this Lebron James basketball expression. If you're called Matty Ice, then why do you go from "the chosen one into the frozen one" in the Playoffs anyway? Maybe your new nickname should be Frostbite."

Matt Ryan: "Come mere and lick this pole Brady! I triple dog, double dare Ya!

Tom Brady: "No thanks Frostbite. I've got my lovely wife Gisele for that." haha:funny::lol:

Matt Ryan: "Sup."

Tom Brady: "I just called ESPN's 1st Take's Skip Bayless and he granted me permission to borrow this Lebron James basketball expression. If you're called Matty Ice, then why do you go from "the chosen one into the frozen one" in the Playoffs anyway? Maybe your new nickname should be Frostbite."

Matt Ryan: "Come mere and lick this pole Brady! I triple dog, double dare Ya!

Tom Brady: "No thanks Frostbite. I've got my lovely wife Gisele for that." haha:funny::lol:

Peyton said Matt was his favorite young QB with star potential back in 2010 or before

BTW, Back Nov . 15, 2009 an e-mail to self I had this article saved

( SO YES OUTDATED BUY STILL INTERESTING )

***** I am just posting this for fun and the picture show not to take sides as so many variables with coach and support staff & surrounding teamates on both sides of the ball, It's interesting to see which HOF'ers vote for whom

Still say to these old eyes Unitas

Hall of Famers choose Manning over Brady

Debate of which QB is better not that close, according to legends

There's no denying Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are future Hall of Famers, but who do current Hall of Fame quarterbacks think is the best at the position?

By Andrea Kremer

NBC Sports

updated 6:51 p.m. ET, Sun., Nov . 15, 2009

2 page article leading to Vote Below, ARTICLE LINK & OTHER COOL LINKS AFTER

Note if u look at last vote for Peyton & Tom u will see Montana voted Brady over manning in 1st half and put Manning vote as better in second half

Voting results

For Peyton Manning: (13½ votes)

Troy Aikman (Class of ’06), George Blanda (’81), Len Dawson (’87), Dan Fouts (’93), Bob Griese (’90), Sonny Jurgensen (‘83), Jim Kelly (’02), Warren Moon (’06), Joe Namath (‘85), Clarence (Ace) Parker (’72), Fran Tarkenton (’86), Y.A. Tittle (’71), Charley Trippi (’68). Joe Montana (’00) (second half)

For Tom Brady: (2½ votes)

Terry Bradshaw (’89), John Elway (’04), Joe Montana (first half)

Abstain: Dan Marino (’05), Bart Starr (’77), Roger Staubach (’85), Steve Young (’05)

http://nbcsports.msn.../ns/sports-nfl/

-------------------------------------------------------------

Slide Show of the 2 Called

A rivalry for the ages

http://nbcsports.msn...7/?beginSlide=1

-------------------------------------------------------------

VIDEO DISCUSSION

msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/33958115#33958115

Jan 25, 2010 2:39 PM EST

Boston-based WEEI admits Peyton is the best

This is from WEEI's Kirk Minihane:

But Brady has the best single season of the two, right? That plus the 14-4 playoff record plus the (for the moment at least) two extra Super Bowls is enough, isn’t it?

True, Brady broke Manning’s TD pass record in 2007. He threw 50 TDs to Manning’s 49. But he needed an extra 81 passes (over two games worth) to get to 50. Manning’s TD percentage was higher (9.9 percent to 8.7 percent, which means that Manning would have finished with 57 TD passes had he attempted the same amount of attempts as Brady did in 2007), as was his passer rating (121.1 to 117.2). Both great, great seasons, but I don’t think anyone could really state with any confidence which was the better one.

Other numbers? Well, Brady has finished in the top five in passing yards, TD passes and QB rating a combined eight times in his career. In those 10 years Manning has finished in the top five a combined 22 times.

The case is closed.

is the best quarterback I've ever seen.
Still hurts to write it.

yah they could of put one of them on MNF and other on SNF, both have great meaning and would be nice to for all to see Manning against Brady with the former's new team . . . and it being the first one too . . . also, not sure if both teams will be playing each year like the colts/pats have done for 10 years . . . maybe this might one of a few meaning, hopefully there will be more . .

yah Unitas record was only of those things we thought would last more than two generations like Dimaggi hiting streak, Ted Williams 400 season, and more recent Yaz triple crown . . .

we are in a passing league but then again no one is guaranteed the record as Farve was the closest . .. altho i do remember Brees throwing a lot late in a game last year to secure a TD for the game . . .

I think it's really up to the networks. The NFL doesnt designate games. since it's an AFC game CBS had the rights so they'd have to give NBC the rights. i think there's a odd process that allows netwroks to choose the games. If NBC wanted to take this game for sunday night they'd have to give up rights to something else later on. of course it all comes down to business and not really whats best for the fan

The Manning-Brady buddy cop project? I want a hand in writing that script...

Manning & Brady go against Luck & RG3 with the old men helping out the rookies on a drug bust (filmed in a comical way like the DirectTV Eli & Peyton cop commercial). Then Luck & RG3 acknowledge the old men still got it. :)

Manning & Brady go against Luck & RG3 with the old men helping out the rookies on a drug bust (filmed in a comical way like the DirectTV Eli & Peyton cop commercial). Then Luck & RG3 acknowledge the old men still got it. :)

I'm envisioning this being filmed in the same style as the video for the Beastie Boys' "Sabotage." 70s cop film-ish. Big honking sideburns, bell bottoms, and tight leather jackets. Yeah...

yah they could of put one of them on MNF and other on SNF, both have great meaning and would be nice to for all to see Manning against Brady with the former's new team . . . and it being the first one too . . . also, not sure if both teams will be playing each year like the colts/pats have done for 10 years . . . maybe this might one of a few meaning, hopefully there will be more . .

yah Unitas record was only of those things we thought would last more than two generations like Dimaggi hiting streak, Ted Williams 400 season, and more recent Yaz triple crown . . .

we are in a passing league but then again no one is guaranteed the record as Farve was the closest . .. altho i do remember Brees throwing a lot late in a game last year to secure a TD for the game . . .

One Thing my friend that sticks out , in my book on Unitas with Forward by Peyton, and another forward by the great art donovan is a section dedicated to only this streak

It has every game, pass attempts & completions, # of TDs, how long they were and who caught them etc etc What really sticks out is the # of attempts per game, many times , NOT MOST but many Unitas threw Multiple TDs with attempts , not completions , only in the teens &^ in 1 game he threw a TD with only 9 attempts in that game , less then 10 of the tds went to weapons other than just 3 beery, rb moore and another wr of no fame mutsheller, its not like he had a ton of recivers to work with either back then

He also did it over a 5 year span career as only 12 games per season and he missed 2 games in a row early in streak

The Book is Titled Johnny Unitas , America's Quarterback by Lou Sahadi

some great stuff in it and u realize he did all that film study and practice way back then and thats what allowed him to do that ist 2 minute drill in greatest game ever ( the books first chapter is on that game ) startring from their own 14 with less than 2 minutes to go, when he and Beery just kept looking at each other hoping what they once saw on film and said would do if ever see in a game , and then there it was for the first time on that start of the last drive, that the other remembered so with time running out instead of an out pattern Beery went inside across the middle and turned and there was the ball already on its way and he caught it in stride and no huddled and audibled down the field for a tie fg

then later in that famous ot win where he went for a td instead of the easy chip shot fg, when asked why post game he said, well u had to think about this during the game in ones mind , " wasnt a gambl;e when u know what you are doing .. It's just that I would rather win a game like this by a touchdown than a field goal." The winning drive came after stopping the giants and gettin g the punt at the 20, a long drive back then more than now

After the game the Giants the great Sam Huiff said ' I never saw a quarterback that good on those last 2 drives" , thats the one to tie and one to win

Problem is the Pats lost their home opener. This is their second home game.

I have a tough time seeing NE losing back to back home games (especially after being on the road for two weeks) but what the heck do I know. The Chargers game is more important then this game for Denver anyway.

True but this game is special for reasons other than just this year, its the restart of great ones battle and by that I mean Peyton Vs Tom & BB

Hopefully its only the first of many more,

wish PM had more games with this offense under his belt

Here is a system That totally confuses Me , maybe it didnt then but right now I just cant get into it anyway results put manning Much higher than Brady but Sammy Baugh blows all away & Elway isnt even up there so right away I know this is weird

Inking The QB

From Feb 2011

http://www.18to88.co...arterbacks.html

It's a pretty simple system. First list is the number of times the QB led the league in specific passing categories added together and ordered by who led the league (or leagues prior to the merger) the most. Second list is different only in that it is the number of times they finished in the top 5 in aforementioned specific categories.

It makes perfect sense that Elway is low on the list because he didn't generate great numbers throughout most of his career. The last seven seasons of his 16 year career were the only ones where his statistics look great... but he was known as a great QB even before then because he was the Broncos in the 80s and accomplished quite a lot without a great supporting cast. Perhaps even more importantly, he was dynamic and a phenomenal player in the clutch... and those traits don't show in stats.

Sammy Baugh doesn't get a lot of recognition these days because he played in an era that exists outside of the collective recollection of most living football fans. However, you'd have to be fairly ignorant of the history of the game or flat-out crazy to not understand why he'd easily top this kind of list and belongs in any discussion of all-time greats. Baugh was the game's first great forward passer and possessed a set of skills that was years ahead of the competition. Passing statistics back then obviously are NOTHING like they are now but the man completed over 70% of his passes in 1945 and that was back when completing a meager 50% of your passes was considered phenomenal... and he threw far more frequently than most players of the time.

It's a pretty simple system. First list is the number of times the QB led the league in specific passing categories added together and ordered by who led the league (or leagues prior to the merger) the most. Second list is different only in that it is the number of times they finished in the top 5 in aforementioned specific categories.

It makes perfect sense that Elway is low on the list because he didn't generate great numbers throughout most of his career. The last seven seasons of his 16 year career were the only ones where his statistics look great... but he was known as a great QB even before then because he was the Broncos in the 80s and accomplished quite a lot without a great supporting cast. Perhaps even more importantly, he was dynamic and a phenomenal player in the clutch... and those traits don't show in stats.

Sammy Baugh doesn't get a lot of recognition these days because he played in an era that exists outside of the collective recollection of most living football fans. However, you'd have to be fairly ignorant of the history of the game or flat-out crazy to not understand why he'd easily top this kind of list and belongs in any discussion of all-time greats. Baugh was the game's first great forward passer and possessed a set of skills that was years ahead of the competition. Passing statistics back then obviously are NOTHING like they are now but the man completed over 70% of his passes in 1945 and that was back when completing a meager 50% of your passes was considered phenomenal... and he threw far more frequently than most players of the time.

I know

Sammy Baugh deserves to be near top of any true historian list , he not only led the NFL playing for your redskins with amazing offense stats & also did so by torching bears in championship ,game all by the pass

but if memory serves me well he also played defense and punted

I was really commenting at my surprise that Elway was so low that set this method apart for me

As I said when first read it when it came out I understood it, but just couldnt get into it when I posted it, earlier in the thread I already went threw articles on QBR, DVOA, DVAR and somewhere on whats wrong with way MVP voting is done

My head was just not prepared for another analysis as had other things in my mind needing priority , I actually just looked at it and results and said to myself , I just cant deal with this now and explained it away the way u read it

Thanks for pointing out the Elway part & reasoning

I only had a Vertigo Dr, An Internist and a CT scan scheduled to get ready for

I only had a Vertigo Dr, An Internist and a CT scan scheduled to get ready for

& was rushing to post it in 2 thread's this and one in Colts football section under where had luck ranked #1 as topic see link below

and

in that thread is where I went through QBR, DVOA, DVAR etc as noted above, so was doing 2 threads at once and not really able to multitask well, in fact went to one Dr came back then posted the MVP piec e and left again for more appointments as noted in comment above

My Life is complicated in bad ways and wish had more time to be here as did in years past in varying forms of this forum

U will note I posted the comment just 2 minutes earlier in the luck thread , link below

http://forums.colts...._80#entry301593

but if memory serves me well he also played defense and punted

Yep, he's still one of the guys tied for the record for most interceptions in a game (4) and is arguably one of the best punters ever.

Thanks for pointing out the Elway part & reasoning

No problem.

How should the worse team be more deserving to win?

Maybe I should have re-phrased that, but I didn't say "deserved", they obviously didn't...

did you watch the game..?? Peyton was having one of his "classic" comebacks, Willis let him down, more than once. and the DEF was non-existent most of the game.

and btw, there's nothing wrong with Peyton's :strong:

Denver is not that good guys. Even if they gel, they do not have the talent to keep up with the Pats, Ravens and Texans. It is a 3 horse race in the AFC.

What makes it ridiculous is that Tim Tebow had the greatest run or luck on his side last year and his playoff win still makes me shake my head, he has more brownie points because he was traded before the schedule got brutal by virtue of winning his division (by fluke despite losing his last 3 games). Some guys are just flat out lucky. Eli and the Giants, do you remember they recovered 2 or 3 of their own fumbles in the SB??? Eli and the Giants are the only ones who can match the luck that the Patriots have at the playoff level, there is a certain mojo they enjoy in the playoffs, I just cant put a finger on it.

Denver is not that good guys. Even if they gel, they do not have the talent to keep up with the Pats, Ravens and Texans. It is a 3 horse race in the AFC.

The Ravens won by 3 points, vs the Chiefs. THE Chiefs. They didnt even score a TD, ONLY FGs. Yes, THE CHIEFS!

Im not saying the Broncos are much better but I trust Peyton a heck lot more than Flacco.

Peyton HAD the game............. the stadium was so quiet,,,,

they KNEW what was coming

The Denver DEF and Willis let Peyton down...

Denver should have won

Yep, they all knew what was up. Thankfully for them, Denver isn't quite ready for the culture change required to let Peyton work his magic. Fundamentals....you can't betray fundamentals when trying to make a furious comeback. Peyton was able, many of the other Broncos were not.

What a punch in the stomach.

Maybe I should have re-phrased that, but I didn't say "deserved", they obviously didn't...

did you watch the game..?? Peyton was having one of his "classic" comebacks, Willis let him down, more than once. and the DEF was non-existent most of the game.

and btw, there's nothing wrong with Peyton's :strong:

Like so many NFL games... A play here or a play there.. you never know...

Peyton HAD the game............. the stadium was so quiet,,,,

they KNEW what was coming

The Denver DEF and Willis let Peyton down...

Denver should have won

Denver should have gotten blown the heck out, not won. Peyton deserved some HELP, but ONCE AGAIN the team committed epic fail after epic fail to let him down.

Should have gone to San Fran, dude...should have gone to San Fran.