Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Hills

1959Colts

Looks like we got another OT. Tony Hills.

He suffered a bad knee injury in college (Texas) but was able to overcome it.

Im not too happy he is another castoff from the Pittsburg Steelers awful O-line, but he does seem to have good ability.

Here are a few reads:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/prospects/tony_hills.html

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/tony-hills?id=258

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3672971

probably because the Steelers are averaging 2.6 yrds per carry and has given up 19 hits on Ben 8 of those have been sacks through 2 games (not sure if thats all the O Lines fault as far as sacks because Bens style of play) which is even worse then the Colts I should add, but also have to remember Decastro is out for the season and that hurts them

Why are ppl calling the steelers oline bad? I I swear the steelers are the only oline that can give a qb like 4 secs to get rid of the ball lol

Well... one reason people are calling it bad is the Steelers invested their 1st AND 2nd round picks on OL this past draft. If you do that then the team itself is signaling they're worried and not happy with their OL play. I'd guess that's the reason why.....

Steelers O-Line isn't bad... Good lord. Their issue is Ben holds onto the ball for 8 seconds trying to make a homerun play. Instead of running it or just throwing it away, he stands in the pocket and looks for someone. That's why they're considered bad. Also, not having Mendenhall playing is killing their YPC.

Steelers O-Line isn't bad... Good lord. Their issue is Ben holds onto the ball for 8 seconds trying to make a homerun play. Instead of running it or just throwing it away, he stands in the pocket and looks for someone. That's why they're considered bad. Also, not having Mendenhall playing is killing their YPC.

:number1:

Also hurting my fantasy team! :P

Well... one reason people are calling it bad is the Steelers invested their 1st AND 2nd round picks on OL this past draft. If you do that then the team itself is signaling they're worried and not happy with their OL play. I'd guess that's the reason why.....

Even before this year the oline would give Ben time so I still don't see it

Even before this year the oline would give Ben time so I still don't see it

Other than M. Pouncey, they are very average/below average. Jury is still out on Adams and Decastro of course..... but Ramon Foster, Doug Legursky, really? it's those type of guys "giving" Ben time to throw? Ben is giving his Oline a chance because he can move..... kind of like Manning getting rid of the ball fast making the old colts linemen look better than they were.....

If the topic is now the Steelers OLine, I don't know.

Yes, their line stinks because they give up sacks, and low YPC.

Yes, Ben can't make a quick decision, therefore, holds onto the ball too long, and gets sacked.

Perhaps, the receivers aren't adept at creating enough separation for Ben to feel comfortable in getting them the ball, soon enough.

Perhaps, it's a flaw in the scheme, trying to push the ball down field too much to speedy WRs while Ben can't make a decision.

So, to me, they all stink.

OR

They're all good, just not together, in that scheme.

Then I gotta question combo of the OC, HC & GM getting the right players in for the scheme, or getting the right scheme in for the players.

There, I took a stand.......I have no idea, but I feel strongly about it.

Next topic.