Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB Situation. What Say Ye!

krunk

We have only seen like 2 series of Angerer in this new D.........

Honestly...I hate to say it, but Freeman and Conner have impressed me much more than Angerer has. A bit unfair due to the early exit due to injury...but they are making plays.

Yeah. I acknowledged that. I just haven't seen Angerer making plays like Freeman yet. Ever...despite the scheme.

Heck, I'd be alright if we put Angerer on OLB instead of Hughes. He was back to himself on Sunday. Always showing up after the play was done.

I like Conner. How many pressures did he have yesterday? I like Angerer...lets see what he can do when he comes back. Hughes did hustle his tail off yesterday, and I am not sure he and Mathis were not held every single play. Hughes is better at the Left OLB position IMO. Addison is stronger on the right.

To topic....just give a big thumbs up to having some depth, and may the best player be on the field for match-ups For example, you play a team that likes to 'short pass' you to death...Freeman is better in coverage...play the match-ups...keep the other team guessing....and get D Free healthy. :) Nice post krunk!

I like Conner. How many pressures did he have yesterday? I like Angerer...lets see what he can do when he comes back. Hughes did hustle his tail off yesterday, and I am not sure he and Mathis were not held every single play. Hughes is better at the Left OLB position IMO. Addison is stronger on the right.

To topic....just give a big thumbs up to having some depth, and may the best player be on the field for match-ups For example, you play a team that likes to 'short pass' you to death...Freeman is better in coverage...play the match-ups...keep the other team guessing....and get D Free healthy. :) Nice post krunk!

People keep dogging Hughes for yesterday and I keep wondering why? The bears were holding their behinds off because these silly replacement refs don't know what the heck to make a call on! Hughes had a wide open sack and he was right up on the qb to complete it, and all of a sudden he is pulled down from the back of his shoulder pads by a lineman and there was absolutely no call made at all. The Bears were holding a lot.

I think Pat Angerer is going to be great. He should have been a Pro Bowler last year. I also think Conner and Freeman can be like our version of Bart Scott; very low pick or undrafted, built into a star.

Nice post Jason....I could hit the like button on almost all of your comments. I can tell you know and love this game...and our :coltslogo: !!! Keep up the good work!!

People keep dogging Hughes for yesterday and I keep wondering why? The bears were holding their behinds off because

these silly replacement refs don't know what the heck to make a call on! Hughes had a wide open sack and he was was right

up on the qb to complete it, and all of a sudden he is pulled down from the back of his shoulder pads by a lineman and there

was absolutely no call made at all. The Bears were holding a lot.

I think the Bears took advantage of 'holding' better than we did. Their linemen were tackling...ours were just holding :)

I really do think Hughes is a step and a half quicker on the left side....needs more reps on the right...he was running RBs down from behind on the other side of the field the whole time too. Good points krunk!!

I think Pat Angerer is going to be great. He should have been a Pro Bowler last year. I also think Conner and Freeman can be like our version of Bart Scott; very low pick or undrafted, built into a star.

Yeah I like Pat too, but what I am trying to see is do you think he is going to start over Conner? I don't think there is any way possible you put Freeman back on the bench. The guy is a leader and he can play on every down. Who has the bigger upside between Conner and Angerer. Personally I think Angerer will be the starter and Conner will be going to the bench. The skill set between Angerer and Conner is too similar for there to be a reason for rotating them in and out. I think Angerer is a better tackler than Conner is, so if we pair him with Freeman that will give us two good tackling MLB who can run and hit. Angerer may be a tad bit more athletic than Conner as well.

Conner is not a bad player though, so don't take this as me dissing him. I just think Angerer may be better.

I think the Bears took advantage of 'holding' better than we did. Their linemen were tackling...ours were just holding :)

I really do think Hughes is a step and a half quicker on the left side....needs more reps on the right...he was running RBs down from behind on the other side of the field the whole time too. Good points krunk!!

I thought Hughes played with tenacity, but was being tackled and held. He's going to be ok! Some may not agree but oh well...

I think we will have a pretty respectable linebacking corps with Mathis, Angerer, Freeman, Freeney.

Or Mathis, Angerer, Freeman, Hughes. I think Hughes is going to shed the bust label this year, you

just watch. The guy is playing with anger and you can see it. He's going to get there, just wait and see!

I thought Hughes played with tenacity, but was being tackled and held. He's going to be ok! Some may not agree but oh well...

I am not giving up on Hughes....as long as he is playing with the motor he is....Pagano will utilize him as needed. I am with you totally. Yesterday was NOT a terrible Hughes day...he was being mauled. (Hog wallered :) )

Conner was one of the bright spots on our D yesterday. Your gonna assume he gets benched because Freeman gets one of the easiest pick sixes in NFL history? Conner had a lights out game yesterday. Great against the run and was good in pass coverage. Forte just had that one handed catch on him which was unstoppable because Conner still had good coverage on him.

Conner wont be going to the bench, Angerers roll and Conners role are two completely different roles, Conner is the run stuff ILB while Angerer is the roaming and dropping back in coverage type, Freeman is obviously better in coverage thats why when Angerer comes back he will (or should) have a hard time getting his starting status back as much as I like him

Possible, but I see some form of Rotation. We need a Formation where we can have Angerer, Freeman, Connor, & Fokou on the field at the SAME time. That would be BEAST

I had forgotten Fokou played yesterday. Now that you jogged my memory he was on the field quite a bit.

Conner wont be going to the bench, Angerers roll and Conners role are two completely different roles, Conner is the run stuff ILB while Angerer is the roaming and dropping back in coverage type, Freeman is obviously better in coverage thats why when Angerer comes back he will (or should) have a hard time getting his starting status back as much as I like him

I don't see their roles as completely different. Angerer can do everything Conner can do.

What plays has Freeman made? One INT? Thats it. Angerer has 3 forced fumbles and an INT. Not to mention the takcles for losses he had last year.

Freeman hasn't been out there long, but he's had several nice tackles, the interception, a real nice blitz sack on RG3 in the pre-season. He is an every down linebacker so he doesn't have to come off the field. You don't see anyone subbing in for Freeman. The guy can run sideline to sideline, and people can see he's a leader.

I had forgotten Fokou played yesterday. Now that you jogged my memory he was on the field quite a bit.

Good point on Fokou.....all he does is hit people...looks solid. Good pick up by Grigs.

Yeah, I like our LB Core. And I think Fokou got in a lot cause of Freeney's Injury. Maybe Yes, Maybe No. But I like how Manusky & Pagano are rotating guys in. We're gonna need to do that this Sunday so we can keep Fresh & keep hitting Adrian Peterson who's still a little suspect to me off that Injury. Yeah he had a Good Game yesterday, but I'm still not convinced

When Pat Angerer gets back, do you think Kavell Conner is going to the bench?

I do because Jerrell Freeman certainly isn't! Starters will be Angerer and Freeman

we can rotate........we're not going to get hurt by having to many linebackers.

Evereybody's going to play a lot because our games are going to be very long

Well likely Angerer starts and plays a lot since he is the play caller on defense and gets everyone lined up. We did run guys in and out a lot yesterday but that was because we were ineffective in getting in semblence of a pass rush or coverage. Freeney's injury didn't help either. I think Pat and Conners start and Freeman gets on the field on passing downs. ILBs weren't our issue....our lack of pass rush and the fact that our offense was largely ineffective left them on the field a lot. We need to get a running game going and even if we are losing by 20...we still need to run it...because letting the defense T off on Luck is rediculous IMO.

Well likely Angerer starts and plays a lot since he is the play caller on defense and gets everyone lined up. We did run guys in and out a lot yesterday but that was because we were ineffective in getting in semblence of a pass rush or coverage. Freeney's injury didn't help either. I think Pat and Conners start and Freeman gets on the field on passing downs. ILBs weren't our issue....our lack of pass rush and the fact that our offense was largely ineffective left them on the field a lot. We need to get a running game going and even if we are losing by 20...we still need to run it...because letting the defense T off on Luck is rediculous IMO.

Great point DG, and let us not forget he was the one player other than Freeney and Mathis who showed leadership and mental toughness in our year of despair....Angerer is a LEADER!

The Meaning of 5150

5150 means "Police code for crazy person on the loose"

http://www.internets...-definition.asp

An even better reason for Angerer 51 and Freeman 50 to be the starters!

To quote Lawrence Taylor "Let's go out here and play like some crazed dogs"

With the collective game faces of LT, Singletary and Ray Lewis!!!! :giants: :bears: :ravens: :rawr: