Waiver Wire

PrincetonTiger

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Caplan@caplannfl

Despite making the 53-man roster yesterday, source said the #Coltswaived S Jermale Hines today.

Thank goodness.

I was at the Bengals game and 4 players I felt we could do without were Jermale Hines (#43 I think), Josh Gordy (#40 I think), Cassius Vaughn (#20 I think) and that DB Johnson (not sure of his number). I was shocked they all made the roster and I felt only Vaughn was an outside possibility. The fact that they all made it was probably because of our terrible depth at the DB spot.

Thank goodness.

I was at the Bengals game and 4 players I felt we could do without were Jermale Hines (#43 I think), Josh Gordy (#40 I think), Cassius Vaughn (#20 I think) and that DB Johnson (not sure of his number). I was shocked they all made the roster and I felt only Vaughn was an outside possibility. The fact that they all made it was probably because of our terrible depth at the DB spot.

2 of them are gone - Hines and D.J.Johnson. Yay!!!

Now, if we can replace Gordy or Vaughn with a quality one, that would be good.

Thank goodness.

Johnson has been impressive.

Our NT

Kyle Rodriguez@ColtsAuth_Kyle

Colts claimed Martin Tevaseu as well, waived D.J. Johnson and Ty Nsekhe

Kyle Rodriguez@ColtsAuth_Kyle

Practice squad for Colts: DT-Chigbo Anunoby, OLB-Jerry Brown, G-Hayworth Hicks, TE-Kyle Miller, WR-Kashif Moore and S-Latarrius Thomas.

I am glad Chigbo is going to develop on the PS. Does that mean Aiono has been picked up, I thought he did good too on average???

Bleacher Report comments:

The two surprising names on this list are Martin Tevaseu and Jay Richardson. Both of these defensive linemen are quality players and will find homes in the NFL. Tevaseu is a nose tackle, while Richardson is a defensive end.

We knew that the toughest decisions for the Jets would come in the defensive line group. They have arguably the deepest defensive line group in the NFL. Keeping the whole group would cost too many roster spots.

It is still a little surprising that both Tevaseu and Richardson got the boot. Both of these players are good enough to play (possibly even start) on other teams. Almost certainly the Jets will be hoping that these two guys clear waivers. If they do, they will be signed back to the Jets' practice squad.

If they are picked up by other teams, then the Jets will have lost some assets.

Where did Dwan Edwards land?.... hopefully nowhere yet... he can take Mathews's roster spot... Brandon Washington, too He could replace McGlynn...

unsure about the time limits for the waiverwire, never paid much attention to it in years past, but I did read somewhere that there were players cut after the 9 p.m. deadline and that we might be making moves all day/evening

Where did Dwan Edwards land?.... hopefully nowhere yet... he can take Mathews's roster spot

unsure about the time limits for the waiverwire, never paid much attention to it in years past, but I did read somewhere that there were players cut after the 9 p.m. deadline and that we might be making moves all day/evening

I think I seen someone say we have til 3. So about 15 more minutes.

Claimed off Waivers:

S Sergio Brown (previously with the New England Patriots)

OT Mike Person (previously with the San Francisco 49ers)

NT Martin Tevaseu (previously with theNew York Jets)

Signed to Practice Squad:

DT Chigbo Anunoby

OLB Jerry Brown

OG Hayworth Hicks

TE Kyle Miller

WR Kashif Moore

S Latarrius Thomas

The Colts signed six to their practice squad, leaving two spots still available.

THERE ARE NOTES ON THE MOVE LIKE

PERSON was the best signing, in my opinion. Person is a good player and will provide good depth.

http://www.stampedeb...squad-additions

Claimed off Waivers:

S Sergio Brown (previously with the New England Patriots)

OT Mike Person (previously with the San Francisco 49ers)

NT Martin Tevaseu (previously with theNew York Jets)

Signed to Practice Squad:

DT Chigbo Anunoby

OLB Jerry Brown

OG Hayworth Hicks

TE Kyle Miller

WR Kashif Moore

S Latarrius Thomas

The Colts signed six to their practice squad, leaving two spots still available.

THERE ARE NOTES ON THE MOVE LIKE

PERSON was the best signing, in my opinion. Person is a good player and will provide good depth.

also released I left out, same article

Released:

S Jermale Hines

CB D.J. Johnson

OT Ty Nsekhe

Sergio Brown shouldn't see one snap at defense. He's a special teamer who's definitely good, not great. Slater is by far the best ST'er on the Patriots, so they didn't really need the spot taken by Brown.

He's a HUGE liability on the defensive side.

Says the guy with Bill Belichick in his avi.:rollseyes:

Where did Dwan Edwards land?.... hopefully nowhere yet... he can take Mathews's roster spot... Brandon Washington, too He could replace McGlynn...

I haven't heard of anyone picking up Edwards, but he'll be able to sign with the highest bidder. It would seem like we'd be interested since he has logged time as a 3-4 DE. Would seem like an easy swap for Matthews but Grigs might not see him as a clear upgrade given that Rico is brand new to the position, will get better and very young still. Jaques Cesaire fits the same mold. If someone like that doesn't get signed here, then that would be a pretty good sign that they believe in Rico enough to try to develop him.