Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Max and Stephen A on luck throwing the ball

boo2202

Max says basically a blessing in disguise that luck missed all of last season. Says made team realize they need to protect him more and a change in coaching staff that had a better mind about offense. Said the fued between pagano/grigson hindered the teams thinking. Agree or disagree.

I don't know if it's a blessing. Team already realized they needed to protect Luck.

I don't even know what it means for a feud to hinder team thinking.  I guess I disagree

I think the blessing is that Luck took the time that he needed to heal

• Like 2

I tend to agree. I had a bad feeling when news broke last year that luck had begun throwing and was planning to play during last season. Every game I watched Jacoby take hit after hit. Not sure how long luck would've lasted last year under bad oline play and terrible coaching. I know Luck will take some hits this year but better coaching staff and oline protection will be here this year. 

• Thanks 1

It was more of an eye opener imo. Andrew imo had this sense that he needed to make every play for this team and he was willing to sacrifice his own health to do it and while that is a great trait to have, its also danergous for long term health and Luck learned that the hard way

• Like 2

It's a blessing for Luck because he needed the time off and away to rehab his shoulder. That in turn was an eye opener for Irsay to see how his team really is without your star player. It was a little rough I guess you could say but here we are, the beginning of a new season is soon upon us. Not sure about the feud thing effecting the team. If so, that would have been 2 years ago since Grigson was fired then. But as the weeks went on, you could tell Pagano was worn thin and almost had his "I don't care" attitude during his after game interviews because he knew he was a goner. That may have worn the team down a bit knowing why compete when the whole staff is going to be canned? 

I disagree, i have to give Irsay the benefit of the doubt that he would have realized that Pags and Grigs were not working out whether Luck was injured or not. It should not take an owners star quarterback getting seriously for him to realize he has the wrong general manager and coach.

If he comes back fully healthy, I see it as a blessing in disguise.  I think the  staff is now better (Luck likely would have kept Pagano around Grigs around), and the high draft pick(s) should help kick start the rebuild.  

If Andrew Luck played last year we would have been a middle of the pack team and we wouldn't have been able to get Q with our first round pick. Even though last year was tough to watch at times, I think that is could be the most important draft for the Colts since the year we got Andrew and T.Y.

• Like 1

Lol, I said the exact same thing on my comment on Stampede Blue: 

Blessing in disguise

The worst way possible (injury to Luck) got Chuck and Griggles out of here.

trying to remain positive looking back on way this whole ***cluck was handled

Posted  by lollygagger8  on Jun 12, 2018 | 4:27 AM reply

If Luck played last year the Colts would have won more than 4 games and they would have been drafting higher so they would not have been able to trade the 3rd pick for the 6th+ and they would not have been able to draft Nelson.  So, in that regard it was fortunate.   But overall it was not.

Let's not forget that even with the oline the Colts had last year, 8 times they went into the 4th quarter with a lead and 7 times (if memory serves, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), they lost the game.  There were other issues besides no Luck and the oline.

5 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Max says basically a blessing in disguise that luck missed all of last season. Says made team realize they need to protect him more and a change in coaching staff that had a better mind about offense. Said the fued between pagano/grigson hindered the teams thinking. Agree or disagree.

It's a blessing we got Chris Ballard I think. I don't feel bad about our picks or second guessing the direction +/- a draft pick. We ended up with more picks than we practically ever had and got the best olineman. All things considered, Adding we didnt over pay any FA, and with the return of Hooker, A. 

12 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

It's a blessing we got Chris Ballard I think. I don't feel bad about our picks or second guessing the direction +/- a draft pick. We ended up with more picks than we practically ever had and got the best olineman. All things considered, Adding we didnt over pay any FA, and with the return of Hooker, A. 

The Colts had Ballard last year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 11:44 AM, pgt_rob said:

It's a blessing for Luck because he needed the time off and away to rehab his shoulder. That in turn was an eye opener for Irsay to see how his team really is without your star player.

There's probably more truth in this statement than either the owner or loyal Colts wanted to admit to themselves publicly anyway PGT. Well said.

I don't watch ESPN First Take anymore. I do remember that Max Kellerman has always stood up for Luck though & part of me does agree that Andrew needed plenty of time to heal & be methodical with his rehab this time around.

I doubt any disagreements among our former GM & HC hampered our QB's development in any way, but Ballard was wise to get a better line in front of Luck for this upcoming season though.