Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Orleans (+5) at Minnesota (1-15-18)

oldunclemark

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

I hated the Saints for a while because they beat us in the Superbowl. But that was a different era. I'm over it

Nah still hate them.

Not only for SB 44 but for the 62-7 beatdown shortly after.

Plus I don't like Sean Payton.

And Drew Brees bugs me(which is funny because I liked him when he was at Purdue but don't care for him now)

48 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Question gents.  How ironic would it be if the Vikings win the Super Bowl the year after they let Peterson go???  I’m personally cheering for them. Would they give him an honorary ring like we did with Edge?

I have been an advocate of replacing Peterson since the early part of the 2015 season. He led the league in rushing in 2015, but that was misleading. He would get one long run for 80 yards but 20 more carries for a total of 35 yards. Our offense was too predictable with him in there. He left us in third and long all the time. He was not great at catching the ball. And worst of all, he fumbled the ball at key times in games. I think Bridgewater's career would have been better without Peterson there. 

Peterson was a Hall of Fame player for us and I enjoyed the good times, but I don't miss him at all. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I have been an advocate of replacing Peterson since the early part of the 2015 season. He led the league in rushing in 2015, but that was misleading. He would get one long run for 80 yards but 20 more carries for a total of 35 yards. Our offense was too predictable with him in there. He left us in third and long all the time. He was not great at catching the ball. And worst of all, he fumbled the ball at key times in games. I think Bridgewater's career would have been better without Peterson there. 

Peterson was a Hall of Fame player for us and I enjoyed the good times, but I don't miss him at all. 

Understood.  Edge was the exact opposite for us.  Wasn’t a thing he couldn’t do on the field.  Was just so smooth...  Would you still give Peterson an honorary ring?  He probably wouldn’t even take it...