ColtsBlueFL

Rules to hiring a new Head Coach

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Why hasn't he been fired yet then?  The game planning for the Bengals game has begun I'm sure

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Probably not worth a whole lot. But you never know... If they were to do something it would need to be today IMO... 

I agree but who knows.

58 minutes ago, Superman said:

That conflicts with what Kravitz is saying.

He's saying that it wont happen today but that his "sources" say its gonna happen this week.  Again, take it with a grain of salt.  That said, JMV has been right more times than not

55 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Where do you see this? I need receipts. 

he's talking about it as we speak on his radio show

I just don't see Pagano getting fired until the end of the season. Irsay typically waits until the end to let people go.

Just now, csmopar said:

I agree but who knows.

He's saying that it wont happen today but that his "sources" say its gonna happen this week.  Again, take it with a grain of salt.  That said, JMV has been right more times than not

he's talking about it as we speak on his radio show

Why would you wait to fire your coach mid-week?  That makes very little sense.  Not jumping at you but this source that Kravitz has.  It would be today and then the new guy gets everything settled and focused on Cincy.  Personally if we get blown out against Cincy or just flat out look bad he will be fired going into the bye week, if he is fired during the season.  I highly doubt he is!

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

JMV reporting that his sources telling him Pagano will NOT be coaching against the Bengals...... take it for what it's worth 

Not saying you are wrong as i haven't been listening in the past 15 minutes or so but thats not what i heard in the beginning of his show.  He said he would be "shocked" if Pagano is coaching this Sunday but i didn't hear him say anything about his sources saying he would not be.  It was more of his opinion.  But again maybe there was more and i have missed it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Why would you wait to fire your coach mid-week?  That makes very little sense.  Not jumping at you but this source that Kravitz has.  It would be today and then the new guy gets everything settled and focused on Cincy.  Personally if we get blown out against Cincy or just flat out look bad he will be fired going into the bye week, if he is fired during the season.  I highly doubt he is!

yeah i know, doesn't pass my smell test either.  I'm just saying

1 minute ago, indy1888 said:

Not saying you are wrong as i haven't been listening in the past 15 minutes or so but thats not what i heard in the beginning of his show.  He said he would be "shocked" if Pagano is coaching this Sunday but i didn't hear him say anything about his sources saying he would not be.  It was more of his opinion.  But again maybe there was more and i have missed it?

Yeah, hes mentioned his sources, was even asked directly on twitter and he replied that, yes his sources were telling him that a coaching change is coming before the cincy game.  Like I said, I dont put much credence to it.

Why is everyone blaming Pagano for the loss of these games???? He is not on the field missing catches. He is not on the field making bad throws. He is a head Coach that unfortunately has to listen to the other coaches calling the plays. The big shots upstairs calling plays. He receives the same play book everyone else does. Yet he is blamed for all of this. Why not blame the players or "big wigs" calling the shots. They are to blame not our head coach that should have the support of the Colts organization and fans. It's their job to provide talented players to make big plays in situations. Instead Coaches get blamed. It's a shame that he is being blamed for players not pulling their weight. Pagano didn't get or allow our qb to get sacked 10 times. Blame defense. Point out their mistakes and make that news of the day. 

4 minutes ago, Restored said:

I just don't see Pagano getting fired until the end of the season. Irsay typically waits until the end to let people go.

Agreed. But I could see a coordinator or two going too

Just now, csmopar said:

Agreed. But I could see a coordinator or two going too

Yeah I think that's more likely to happen. Maybe Chud?

2 minutes ago, Restored said:

Yeah I think that's more likely to happen. Maybe Chud?

I think Ted goes first.  

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Why is everyone blaming Pagano for the loss of these games???? He is not on the field missing catches. He is not on the field making bad throws. He is a head Coach that unfortunately has to listen to the other coaches calling the plays. The big shots upstairs calling plays. He receives the same play book everyone else does. Yet he is blamed for all of this. Why not blame the players or "big wigs" calling the shots. They are to blame not our head coach that should have the support of the Colts organization and fans. It's their job to provide talented players to make big plays in situations. Instead Coaches get blamed. It's a shame that he is being blamed for players not pulling their weight. Pagano didn't get or allow our qb to get sacked 10 times. Blame defense. Point out their mistakes and make that news of the day. 

His choice of offensive coordinators/the type of offensive he wants to run

Undisciplined play

Poor adjustments

Poor gameplans

He's a former defensive coordinator and our defenses have been generally really bad

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

yeah i know, doesn't pass my smell test either.  I'm just saying

Yeah, hes mentioned his sources, was even asked directly on twitter and he replied that, yes his sources were telling him that a coaching change is coming before the cincy game.  Like I said, I dont put much credence to it.

Well if JMV is saying that i would lean toward believing it. He isn't wrong often. Do you have the tweet where he said that i cant find it.

19 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Because of the lack of fire.  If he can't motivate his players then that's a problem.  Combine that with guys like TY coming out and calling out a certain group of players, and its easy to see that Pagano has lost this locker room.

14 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Well if JMV is saying that i would lean toward believing it. He isn't wrong often. Do you have the tweet where he said that i cant find it.

14 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

he read the twitter question out loud on his radio show and then answered on air.  I dont have twitter so I dont know if he posted the answer on there or not

17 minutes ago, csmopar said:

he read the twitter question out loud on his radio show and then answered on air.  I dont have twitter so I dont know if he posted the answer on there or not

He also mentioned it on his "Facebook Live" post this morning...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

:facepalm::facepalm:

• Thanks 2

Firing Pagano mid season gains nothing. He’s gone, everyone knows he’s gone. Who takes over head coaching duties if he got fired? I’d hate to see us start winning heh

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Firing Pagano mid season gains nothing. He’s gone, everyone knows he’s gone. Who takes over head coaching duties if he got fired? I’d hate to see us start winning heh

Exactly I wanna lose the rest of our games maybe then we can get a high enough pick to trade to a QB desperate team for a lot lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Exactly I wanna lose the rest of our games maybe then we can get a high enough pick to trade to a QB desperate team for a lot lol

If Luck doesn't play I don't see us winning more than 5 games and Chuck will be gone too. Next season we should be miles better with a healthy Luck, new Coach, and another Draft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Bill bellichick was a special teams coach

but he has larger brain matter than normal humans

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Let's hope we don't suddenly become a "quarterback desperate team..."

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Only concern here is we are already losing the locker room. 10 more games and we will see more in fighting and guys who may become real adversaries.

Toub may not have HC, OC or DC experience but has been around for a long time. my idea of a good coach is a good manager who surrounds himself with great assistant coaches and manages them and keeps control of the troops. is Toub the guy? Who knows. being a former head coach does not guarantee success either.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Toub may not have HC, OC or DC experience but has been around for a long time. my idea of a good coach is a good manager who surrounds himself with great assistant coaches and manages them and keeps control of the troops. is Toub the guy? Who knows. being a former head coach does not guarantee success either.

Toub has been around the NFL for a while, and has worked with a lot of good guys. Same with Ballard, and you can add in his two deputies from Seattle. I wouldn't worry about their ability to put together a solid coaching staff.

Rumor has it Ballard has lots of connections around the league, so whoever the next coach winds up being, I don't think he'll have trouble filling out the staff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Toub has been around the NFL for a while, and has worked with a lot of good guys. Same with Ballard, and you can add in his two deputies from Seattle. I wouldn't worry about their ability to put together a solid coaching staff.

Rumor has it Ballard has lots of connections around the league, so whoever the next coach winds up being, I don't think he'll have trouble filling out the staff.

Sounds encouraging.