Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold Division Winners Predictions

WERC82

42 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Really? Dolphins? I mean ya did say bold.....

I think Ravens, Eagles, And Bucs take their division.

A guy can dream, but really if their offensive line holds up and Cutler plays to his potential they definitely get in the playoffs. Just a matter of how many teams can beat the Pats

3 hours ago, WERC82 said:

Not really looking for debate, just folks thoughts on some surprise division winners.

Colts

Ravens

Chiefs

Dolphins

Bucs

Vikings

Cardinals

Eagles

Jags

Bengals

Raiders

Patriots

Bucs

Lions

Rams

Eagles

That's as bold as I can get without looking totally nuts.

Good to see some people can follow instructions and get the jist. You don't have to be realistic to make a prediction nobody believes. Some unreal things happen all the time in the NFL. Examples, 2015 vs 2016 Panthers, 2002 Chicago Bears (13-3 to 4-12), 1999 San Francisco 49ers (12-4 to 4-12), 2013 Atlanta Falcons (13-3 to 4-12). Sad there are so many wise guys that are wearing the same team colors. Something I would expect on a Pats board but not here. Just something to do until real football returns and people get ugly, jeez. What is this FB?

Okay, let's make it harder and predict a division or two you think will turn out completely different than the "EXPERTS/ANALYSTS" think, or even most likely 1st to worst teams.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

AFC East - Pats

AFC North - Steelers

AFC South - INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

AFC West - Raiders

NFC East - Cowboys

NFC North - Packers

NFC South - Buccs

NFC West - Seahawks

You had and error that I corrected for you.

45 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

lol whats not bold?! That's whats GONNA happen

Generally, bold predictions include something that's risky or unlikely to happen. I agree with your list-there's nothing bold on there. That's a very possible list of division winners.

Barring major injuries, I don't see how Pittsburgh, New England, Seattle and the Packers don't win their divisions.

I think the Bucs prediction is kind of bold-ish, if for no other reason than Jamis is still kind of an unknown- he can play, but he's shaky against good D's., oh and Atlanta is better and so is Carolina if Cam is right and I don't think the Saints are ever really out of it. I think the Saints would be the bold bet in the South, and Brees is the best QB in the division, so it's not that bold, is it?

I want the Colts to win the South (derp), but I wouldn't bet money on that today. IF Luck get's going by week 2 or so, anything can happen, but expecting much of anything right now is unrealistic, given that Houston and Tennessee both seem like they're going to be solid- though I think they're both getting way too much hype.

The Raiders should probably win the West, but you can make a case that the other 3 teams could win it, the boldest case would be for the Chargers and honestly, it's only *that* bold because of injuries. 

I kind of don't care about the NFC East, but The Redskins aren't winning the division, so that's the bold pick. It's the Giants turn if I was to guess who wins the East, but the Cowboys should be fine, despite their goon's suspension.

I'm horrible at following rules

14 hours ago, BR-549 said:

How can you vote any other way and still be a fan?

Really?  

I think being realistic is OK.  I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that the Colts can win their division, but if I was putting money on it, I'd put it on the Titans.    I wouldn't be very confident in it though.   I think Houston has a decent shot at winning it too.  

37 minutes ago, Myles said:

Really?  

I think being realistic is OK.  I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that the Colts can win their division, but if I was putting money on it, I'd put it on the Titans.    I wouldn't be very confident in it though.   I think Houston has a decent shot at winning it too.  

Don't take me too literal on posts like that Myles.  A lot of things need to change before I put much stock in the Colts ability to win the division this year.

Having said that however, the difference between 1st and 3rd last year was a game that our defense gave back to Houston.  Since the defense is presumably better this year I don't expect that to happen again.  So yes realistically we can win it.  

Tenn. was 9-7 last year (as you know) and I don't know that they are much better yet, but we will see right.

Houston still doesn't have a QB.  Watson may be at some point, but he isn't there yet and the other dude doesn't have that much experience either.

And..... Jax is still Jax.  Did you see them against Tampa (first half) good grief.

The division is there for the taking and if we field a healthy team we have as good of a chance as any of the other three.

Either way, I am always going to put my team's name in there because I am a fan and want them to win regardless of what my gut tells me. Oh, and I wouldn't put money on any of the four winning it.... :)

2 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Don't take me too literal on posts like that Myles.  A lot of things need to change before I put much stock in the Colts ability to win the division this year.

Having said that however, the difference between 1st and 3rd last year was a game that our defense gave back to Houston.  Since the defense is presumably better this year I don't expect that to happen again.  So yes realistically we can win it.  

Tenn. was 9-7 last year (as you know) and I don't know that they are much better yet, but we will see right.

Houston still doesn't have a QB.  Watson may be at some point, but he isn't there yet and the other dude doesn't have that much experience either.

And..... Jax is still Jax.  Did you see them against Tampa (first half) good grief.

The division is there for the taking and if we field a healthy team we have as good of a chance as any of the other three.

Either way, I am always going to put my team's name in there because I am a fan and want them to win regardless of what my gut tells me. Oh, and I wouldn't put money on any of the four winning it.... :)

Houston is solid in almost every aspect of the game except QB.  That's a big one though.   They won 9 games with Osweiller, so any QB replacing him is an upgrade.    I think the same 3 teams will be within 2 games of each other again.