Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Malik Hooker feels his rehab is ahead of schedule

RockThatBlue

16 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Indy def needs him in the secondary. Changes the way Davis and Wilson can play. 

I'm hoping Vontae stays healthy & we get back to having him shadow the #1 WR again 

We play some pretty solid #1 WR this year so we're gonna need all the help we can get 

I'm so freaking excited for Hooker. I think he completely changes this D. We have the chance at one of the best secondaries with him IMHO. 

A true #1 corner, box safety playing where he was meant to, a promising #2 press corner and an elite (I think) centerfielder. He could transform the D from a personnel perspective. 

21 hours ago, wig said:

I'm so freaking excited for Hooker. I think he completely changes this D. We have the chance at one of the best secondaries with him IMHO. 

A true #1 corner, box safety playing where he was meant to, a promising #2 press corner and an elite (I think) centerfielder. He could transform the D from a personnel perspective. 

Loving the fact that Hankins was signed too. I'm so stoked to see this unit on the field. 

Just to put this out there, Hooker will almost guaranteed need like half a season, if not more, to catch up to the speed of the NFL. Keep in mind, he is only a 1 year college starter. Yes he killed it (which is why he was picked so high on top of his elite traits) but he is coming into a situation where he has to read NFL QBs and offenses. College QBs might stare down their receivers but in the NFL most QBs know how to look off a safety, especially one like Hooker who bites pretty hard at times. 

That being said, I completely expect him to be in the conversation for DPOY by the end of the year, but I think his first couple games are going to be pretty bad. 

The same goes for Wilson. CB is incredibly difficult to come into the NFL as, no matter how talented or experienced you are. Atleast he has physicality at the line of scrimmage going for him. He is going to have to work on not biting too hard and getting burnt deep on fakes and moves. But yes, by the end of the season I think we fans will be pleased with our #2 corner. 

9 hours ago, masnerj said:

Just to put this out there, Hooker will almost guaranteed need like half a season, if not more, to catch up to the speed of the NFL. Keep in mind, he is only a 1 year college starter. Yes he killed it (which is why he was picked so high on top of his elite traits) but he is coming into a situation where he has to read NFL QBs and offenses. College QBs might stare down their receivers but in the NFL most QBs know how to look off a safety, especially one like Hooker who bites pretty hard at times. 

That being said, I completely expect him to be in the conversation for DPOY by the end of the year, but I think his first couple games are going to be pretty bad. 

The same goes for Wilson. CB is incredibly difficult to come into the NFL as, no matter how talented or experienced you are. Atleast he has physicality at the line of scrimmage going for him. He is going to have to work on not biting too hard and getting burnt deep on fakes and moves. But yes, by the end of the season I think we fans will be pleased with our #2 corner. 

The good news is that most of the first half of our schedule this year is at least on paper against teams that arn't very good.