Sign in to follow this  
ReMeDy

The incident causing Houston to give up on Brock Osweiler?

Recommended Posts

http://nypost.com/2017/03/12/texans-last-straw-brock-osweilers-eruption-at-having-to-play/

Apparently in week 17, Brock Osweiler complained about having to play after Tom Savage's injury. Osweiler felt insulted about starting in a meaningless game and simply because Savage was injured, so he was throwing a tantrum. Some kind of "vaguely physical" confrontation ensued. Osweiler tried to leave, then coach O'Brien tried to stop him, followed with Osweiler complaining about being held hostage.

 

Makes sense then why they'd want to get rid of him. Who wants to have a starting QB who doesn't want to play? That's crazy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Peytonator said:

Poor guy. It must be very hard on him to make $12 million and also be expected to play. 

Maybe is not about the money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They wanted to dump him the as soon as he arrived in Houston Coaches words were very clear when talking about free agency .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He definitely acts entitled. Heck, he is offended if he is benched for a HOF who Kubiak felt gave them the best chance to win in the playoffs, and then he is offended because he gets to fill in on the coach's terms and not on his terms??? Ridiculous, give me a break!!!

 

Whatever happened to doing what the team needs to do to win, no matter the situation. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe is not about the money?

 

Doesn't change the fact that he was payed to do his job, and threw a tantrum about actually being asked to do his job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

http://nypost.com/2017/03/12/texans-last-straw-brock-osweilers-eruption-at-having-to-play/

Apparently in week 17, Brock Osweiler complained about having to play after Tom Savage's injury. Osweiler felt insulted about starting in a meaningless game and simply because Savage was injured, so he was throwing a tantrum. Some kind of "vaguely physical" confrontation ensued. Osweiler tried to leave, then coach O'Brien tried to stop him, followed with Osweiler complaining about being held hostage.

 

Makes sense then why they'd want to get rid of him. Who wants to have a starting QB who doesn't want to play? That's crazy.

I have a very hard time believing this is exactly what happened. Something tells me this is what the Texans want people to believe and not the whole story. It makes very little sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This really doesn't make any sense. If that happened you could bet O'Brian would have suspended him before the echo of his tirade was over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colt-in-Jax said:

This really doesn't make any sense. If that happened you could bet O'Brian would have suspended him before the echo of his tirade was over.

They didn't have other options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it still amazes me how we lost to this scrub..and to think we'll never get to avenge the loss because he won't be starting ever again..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2017 at 1:34 PM, dgambill said:

I have a very hard time believing this is exactly what happened. Something tells me this is what the Texans want people to believe and not the whole story. It makes very little sense.

 

Honestly I have to say a lot of times some guy busts badly for a team, especially an FA or trade there is almost always some story that also seems to reveal unlikable personality flaws of the guy.  

 

I think the teams control how these stories get out and they control the spin.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

Honestly I have to say a lot of times some guy busts badly for a team, especially an FA or trade there is almost always some story that also seems to reveal unlikable personality flaws of the guy.  

 

I think the teams control how these stories get out and they control the spin.  

You think? Better than Smith having to just say he busted on his biggest FA signing...or that Obrien isn't as great a qb coach as people want to believe. They definitely control how the story comes across for sure. They have a whole PR department. I'm not saying there wasn't a blow up between the coach and player..but I doubt Brock was refusing to play...it really doesn't seem to fit his demeanor.  I mean I'm sure he was ticked off in Denver when they gave Peyton the job back but he was a good soldier...why would he be ticked he got his job back in Houston? Like I said I don't believe it. Doesn't make it untrue but I don't buy it as the whole story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His horrendous play on the field was enough reason to get rid of him.  No reason to concoct any false backstory;  the guy is simply a poor quarterback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or because he was underperforming...

 

Sent from my SM-G935T *

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.