Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The incident causing Houston to give up on Brock Osweiler?

ReMeDy

http://nypost.com/2017/03/12/texans-last-straw-brock-osweilers-eruption-at-having-to-play/

Apparently in week 17, Brock Osweiler complained about having to play after Tom Savage's injury. Osweiler felt insulted about starting in a meaningless game and simply because Savage was injured, so he was throwing a tantrum. Some kind of "vaguely physical" confrontation ensued. Osweiler tried to leave, then coach O'Brien tried to stop him, followed with Osweiler complaining about being held hostage.

Makes sense then why they'd want to get rid of him. Who wants to have a starting QB who doesn't want to play? That's crazy.

He definitely acts entitled. Heck, he is offended if he is benched for a HOF who Kubiak felt gave them the best chance to win in the playoffs, and then he is offended because he gets to fill in on the coach's terms and not on his terms??? Ridiculous, give me a break!!!

Whatever happened to doing what the team needs to do to win, no matter the situation. 

15 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

http://nypost.com/2017/03/12/texans-last-straw-brock-osweilers-eruption-at-having-to-play/

Apparently in week 17, Brock Osweiler complained about having to play after Tom Savage's injury. Osweiler felt insulted about starting in a meaningless game and simply because Savage was injured, so he was throwing a tantrum. Some kind of "vaguely physical" confrontation ensued. Osweiler tried to leave, then coach O'Brien tried to stop him, followed with Osweiler complaining about being held hostage.

Makes sense then why they'd want to get rid of him. Who wants to have a starting QB who doesn't want to play? That's crazy.

I have a very hard time believing this is exactly what happened. Something tells me this is what the Texans want people to believe and not the whole story. It makes very little sense.

On 3/13/2017 at 1:34 PM, dgambill said:

I have a very hard time believing this is exactly what happened. Something tells me this is what the Texans want people to believe and not the whole story. It makes very little sense.

Honestly I have to say a lot of times some guy busts badly for a team, especially an FA or trade there is almost always some story that also seems to reveal unlikable personality flaws of the guy.  

I think the teams control how these stories get out and they control the spin.  

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Honestly I have to say a lot of times some guy busts badly for a team, especially an FA or trade there is almost always some story that also seems to reveal unlikable personality flaws of the guy.  

I think the teams control how these stories get out and they control the spin.  

You think? Better than Smith having to just say he busted on his biggest FA signing...or that Obrien isn't as great a qb coach as people want to believe. They definitely control how the story comes across for sure. They have a whole PR department. I'm not saying there wasn't a blow up between the coach and player..but I doubt Brock was refusing to play...it really doesn't seem to fit his demeanor.  I mean I'm sure he was ticked off in Denver when they gave Peyton the job back but he was a good soldier...why would he be ticked he got his job back in Houston? Like I said I don't believe it. Doesn't make it untrue but I don't buy it as the whole story.