Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriot's Kraft on Grigson's Firing

WarGhost21

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

The media is trying to make something out of the pre SB narrative by hyping a Brady vs. Goodell matchup of some sort.

You are correct. This has no way of undoing the fact that the Pats cheated the rules last year, which was as much about the Pats history of cheating the rules as it was playing with deflated footballs.  A SB win this year does nothing to erase that.

I agree, to me it will be so what. They won without Deflated Footballs which they should considering they have the best Coach of all-time, possibly the best QB ever, and a Very Good Defense. They still cheated IMO and didn't even have too to beat us, people that cheat going into any game or contest is just their way of insuring they wont lose no matter what. No Integrity! The Colts were already huge underdogs going into that game and then had to deal with that nonsense. Destroying your cell phone while an investigation is going on has guilt written all over it too. I just don't give them the benefit of the doubt on much because they are already got in trouble with SpyGate which was clearly proven.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:49 PM, JimJaime said:

I'm not going touch on the Brady part. (I disagree but alas that ship has long since sailed.) 

as for JT he is a spoiled rich kid who has not wanted for a thing in his life and well sometimes he sounds like one.

Also Colt fans should never throw out verbal jabs in regards to team owners, not while your current owner would have had a 4 game suspension if not more for his escapades and personal demons. 

I cant wait till the colts are good again, I miss the rivalry and the good banter here back and forth.

now where is Jules I have not seen her in ages!!

If you are referring to his arrest for drugs he got suspended 6 games and he served his time didn't even fight it unlike whiny brady.

18 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If you are referring to his arrest for drugs he got suspended 6 games and he served his time didn't even fight it unlike whiny brady.

Lol he was arrested and caught red handed, unlike Brady where the best the could get from their own Hack investigation was "more likely than not" lol . 

And poease suspended from what?signing checks? Lol it was a joke type gesture, but in seriousness I hope he got that issue under control finally. (Drugs are a dangerous thing no matter what your income level is.)

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Lol he was arrested and caught red handed, unlike Brady where the best the could get from their own Hack investigation was "more likely than not" lol . 

And poease suspended from what?signing checks? Lol it was a joke type gesture, but in seriousness I hope he got that issue under control finally. (Drugs are a dangerous thing no matter what your income level is.)

If Brady wasn't guilty he wouldn't have destroyed his phone.

On 1/30/2017 at 6:19 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

If Brady wasn't guilty he wouldn't have destroyed his phone.

Another false narrative of this hole thing. The NFL got all NFL related texts from said phone. As evidence of this the NFL "leaking" the text from Brady to a friend saying Manning had 1 or 2 years left... 

also the NFL had no right to his private phone and when Farve refused give them his phone for his little fiasco he onky got a 25k fine.

On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 7:23 PM, southwest1 said:

As far as Ryan being fired over the weekend, I am pleased with the result, feel bad for his family income wise, but this move needed to be made for the restoration of INDY's NFL prominence overall.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Irsay extended his contract after last season so I believe he gets paid either way.  Even if he doesn't get paid, unless Grigson was an * with his money his family should be just fine financially for at least a little while.

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 11:00 AM, JimJaime said:

No it has not been forgotten, but speaking for myself my anger is at the NFL for blowing it up to a bigger thing than it was and failing EVER to correct false reports when they were leaked.

I agree that it was completely blown out of proportion, but the best way to not have stuff like this blown out of proportion is to not do stuff like this to begin with.  Seriously, the Pats are one of the best teams of the past 20 years.  They don't need to do stuff like this to win, and I really don't believe that they gain any significant advantage by doing so.  So why?  Why create these situations for themselves?  It's almost like a compulsive mental disorder.

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 2:09 PM, JimJaime said:

Pretty much like every other investigation the NFL has ever done. I do know when it finally happens to the Colts, and it will, I will not jump to conclusions to fast as the NFL Sucks in doing investigations.

We pipe in crowd noise, remember?

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 4:10 PM, JimJaime said:

You suggested that Irsay would have been suspended for 4 games for his drug issues if he was somebody else.  Then somebody else points out that he was suspended for 6 games and served his time, and then you come back and mock suspension as a punishment and call it a joke type gesture.  You were the one that initially suggested that he should have been suspended.

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

Another false narrative of this hole thing. The NFL got all NFL related texts from said phone. As evidence of this the NFL "leaking" the text from Brady to a friend saying Manning had 1 or 2 years left... 

also the NFL had no right to his private phone and when Farve refused give them his phone for his little fiasco he onky got a 25k fine.

Ya right.

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

That's kind of apples and oranges, though.  Favre's fiasco was a reflection on his personal integrity, not something that directly relates to the integrity of the game.  The NFL generally tends to come down harder on things that are directly related to the game as opposed to personal misbehavior that happens outside the game.

On 1/24/2017 at 0:49 PM, JimJaime said:

I'm not going touch on the Brady part. (I disagree but alas that ship has long since sailed.) 

as for JT he is a spoiled rich kid who has not wanted for a thing in his life and well sometimes he sounds like one.

Also Colt fans should never throw out verbal jabs in regards to team owners, not while your current owner would have had a 4 game suspension if not more for his escapades and personal demons. 

I cant wait till the colts are good again, I miss the rivalry and the good banter here back and forth.

now where is Jules I have not seen her in ages!!

Yeah, not a Colts fan, pats fan in fact. Irsay wasn't cheating. Took his medicine. Brady should've just said "yeah we check the balls ourselves after the refs, because of the screw up vs the Jets when the ball was at 16lbs. Sorry, won't happen again." Done deal. I know, I know, it likely goes deeper than that, but like when you lied to your parents about the chocolate bar...Just blows up.

Anyway JK is an immature punk. Hope his old man, or BB told him to zip it. Dude obviously has never lost a job in his life to comment like this. Like I said, the whole fiasco clearly still cuts deep, from RK on down, cause now everyone who isn't a pats sycophant gets the old eye roll when the team comes up, and will forever. It's bad enough to try to defend spygate, face 18-1/ the 'mannings', now stinking deflategate ...forfreakingever. Like BB, wish the whole organization would just take the high road from this day forward whenever the topic comes up. 

On 1/23/2017 at 4:29 PM, JimJaime said:

I actually have no hate for the Colts. I dispose thenRavens just because I never seen such a bunch of whiney losers  like that team. 

Bit again it was his pinacle, that's as good as the Colts ever did under him. It's a factual statement lol.

You hate us worse because we knocked you out twice in your own stadium in the playoffs. 

15 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

You hate us worse because we knocked you out twice in your own stadium in the playoffs. 

Nah one was a blowout and the Pats sucked that year. (For them.) and the Pats lost plenty with the Colts.

i hate the Ravens because well your coach is a whiner, almost the Chef (Tomlin) proportions. That and your big mouth players never shut up! A good example would be after being completely owned this year by the Pats (we both know the game wasn't as close as the score showed.) your loud mouth players say (paraphrasing) "they don't wanna see us again in the playoffs!" Why? younsure as hell were not going see Cyrus Jones again on any sort of return so the final score be like 42-3.. 

hmm mm maybe it's because your teams players are so different than Colts,Pats, Broncos etc they talk none stop smack even when they suck! While the other good to great teams rarely do. (Also I am not talking about raven gmfans I have not talked to enough of you and you seem be pretty cool!)

7 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Nah one was a blowout and the Pats sucked that year. (For them.) and the Pats lost plenty with the Colts.

i hate the Ravens because well your coach is a whiner, almost the Chef (Tomlin) proportions. That and your big mouth players never shut up! A good example would be after being completely owned this year by the Pats (we both know the game wasn't as close as the score showed.) your loud mouth players say (paraphrasing) "they don't wanna see us again in the playoffs!" Why? younsure as hell were not going see Cyrus Jones again on any sort of return so the final score be like 42-3.. 

hmm mm maybe it's because your teams players are so different than Colts,Pats, Broncos etc they talk none stop smack even when they suck! While the other good to great teams rarely do. (Also I am not talking about raven gmfans I have not talked to enough of you and you seem be pretty cool!)

How about Belichick whining and going berserk on the refs in the 31-30 loss in Baltimore ? How about Brady kicking Ed Reed in the you know what's ? Like your guys don't talk smack ? Cmon. We were close to beating you 4 times in the playoffs in your own house, got two , and most Patriot fans would rather not see the Ravens in the playoffs for that reason. I agree the Patriots dominated the game this year, but it was still close , as it always is. Fumbles are part of football. You can always be more friendly towards teams you dominate, but the Ravens have done something few teams have done in the playoffs, and that is win in NE. That is a fact. 

On 1/29/2017 at 8:56 PM, Synthetic said:

No one liked Grigson. That's all you need to know, and many of us have been saying this for over a year, some have been saying it longer than that. Be glad he's gone. 

I don't care how much I disliked Grigson he didn't cheat like the Pats 

15 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

How about Belichick whining and going berserk on the refs in the 31-30 loss in Baltimore ? How about Brady kicking Ed Reed in the you know what's ? Like your guys don't talk smack ? Cmon. We were close to beating you 4 times in the playoffs in your own house, got two , and most Patriot fans would rather not see the Ravens in the playoffs for that reason. I agree the Patriots dominated the game this year, but it was still close , as it always is. Fumbles are part of football. You can always be more friendly towards teams you dominate, but the Ravens have done something few teams have done in the playoffs, and that is win in NE. That is a fact. 

I'm talking to the media, not on the field. ALL the teams talk smack on the field. I also have never once seen BB go in a press conference and whine "I think that wasn't fair" or "that's got be cheating" hell outside of Harbaugh and Chef I have never seen a HC whine to the media. And your players smack talk to the press ALL the time, it's fine when they can back it up. (We all know what Chris Rock said) but when your boarderline just shut up. Again they are like the Anti Patriots, yountalk like that to the press here and they are shipped out for a compensation pick..

your right Fumbles are part of football, I just said you were not going see the #1 culprit again in Cyrus "please take a knee" Jones back there.  THIS year I would have loved to seen the Ravens over the Steelers. Your team wasn't as good THIS year.. in past years sure, but they didn't scare me this year at all. 

On January 24, 2017 at 0:28 PM, JimJaime said:

lol I will just tell you as far as "deflategate" goes it was much to do about nothing. Especially since they couldn't prove anything happened to those Footballs on that given game. (Why they did not keep the psi level KNOWING they were going to check them at half is beyond incompetent.)  but do your research you will see just how incompetent the investigation was. I am not expecting anyone change their opinion on what happened (that's like concrete now for us all). I want everyone just look at it and see just how botched an investigation it was! It made the OJ prosecutors look like rocket scientists. (Fail correct false reports, Goodell Lying in his Arbitrator findings, the fact the NFL didn't know about the ideal gas law, Hiring a lab do the test that also got results saying second hand  smoke wasn't bad for you. The list goes on it was just so badly done and hiring a corner to do the investigation was even worse!)

While I agree that whatever side of the fence a person is on here Jim that neither group is moving from their respective positions, this persecution fetish that NE fans have that the world is out to get them is a bit excessive. Is anybody taking your 4 SB Championships away? No. Will BB & Tom Brady still receive their yellow HOF jackets eventually? Absolutely. Is Brady an elite QB? Yes. Is BB a brilliant defensive mind? Yes. It's difficult to feel persecuted with so much winning taking place in Massachusetts in over a decade. 

I expect a great game on Sunday & whatever organization wins, I will praise & congratulate them accordingly when the dust settles. 

On January 31, 2017 at 6:27 PM, JCPatriot said:

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Irsay extended his contract after last season so I believe he gets paid either way.  Even if he doesn't get paid, unless Grigson was an * with his money his family should be just fine financially for at least a little while.

Yes, you're right JCP, Jim Irsay will pay the reminder of Grigson's contract extension in full. No one is doubting that not even me. My only point was this: Moves & relocations are tough on families as you lose friends & get uprooted again.

Plus, I don't care how big the new contract was raising multiple children isn't cheap these days & money doesn't last forever unless you're say Von Miller with $60,000,000 in guaranteed money. GMs typically don't make a kings ransom to live on easy street the rest of their lives. 

Grigson will still have to pull down a salary somewhere down the road. I know you said Ryan will be okay in the short term, but you'd be surprised how cushions disappear faster than anticipated with no other revenue coming in. Ryan's holiday from employment won't last that long. Trust me. 

12 hours ago, JimJaime said:

I'm talking to the media, not on the field. ALL the teams talk smack on the field. I also have never once seen BB go in a press conference and whine "I think that wasn't fair" or "that's got be cheating" hell outside of Harbaugh and Chef I have never seen a HC whine to the media. And your players smack talk to the press ALL the time, it's fine when they can back it up. (We all know what Chris Rock said) but when your boarderline just shut up. Again they are like the Anti Patriots, yountalk like that to the press here and they are shipped out for a compensation pick..

your right Fumbles are part of football, I just said you were not going see the #1 culprit again in Cyrus "please take a knee" Jones back there.  THIS year I would have loved to seen the Ravens over the Steelers. Your team wasn't as good THIS year.. in past years sure, but they didn't scare me this year at all. 

Its like the year when we killed you in 2009 in the playoffs. We weren't that great this year, but improved over last. You may say the Ravens are whiners, but they aren't universally condemned by much of the NFL community for Shennanigans. What other team has had players suspended or lost draft picks for shady scenarios. I can appreciate Belichick's gamesmanship, and I had no problems with the formations he pulled against the Ravens. Sneaky but legal move. 

As far as smack talk , Gronk did it against the Broncos among others. The Ravens backed it up twice in NE, and should have won a third time if not for a Lee Evans drop and a Cundiff FG miss. We were up 28-14, when Belichick pulled the formation deal , that although legal , was banned the next year. No, we weren't as good this year, but look what happened to the Steelers. 

I am generalizing, but there seems to  be a vast difference in  fans in the heartland of America and those who live in major coastal cities.  W/o going into details, lets just say Pats fans could use a week or 2 on a dude ranch or hanging around slightly more gracious people in Americas bread basket.  I live in the South and we get lots of people that  move here for the weather and the hospitality.  You will see why cheating is not a thing To be taken lightly as opposed to a way of life in order to survive.  I am generalizing but there just doesn't seem to be a big enough deal with what the Pats have been doing and how the fans take up for them instead of being upset.  We would be upset if our Colts had that reputation because we don't identify with a team like that.   In general.