Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here (2015 edition)!

7 hours ago, SilentHill said:

J Allen, he might not notch a lot of rushing yards, but he is the passing safety valve, and with Jimmy Clausen looking to start this looks like a great matchup for him.

I got him and miller starting, stuck in hill, D. murray, and mcfadden for Flex. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Standard scoring, 1/2 point ppr.

I have started Randall Cobb all season long. I grew tired of seeing Eric Decker outscore him week after week sitting on my bench.

1st round of playoffs this week and I made the switch. Decker vs TEN Cobb vs DAL.

What would you do?

Start Decker

Not crazy IMO. Chicago is using Langford also, so there's no guarantee Forte would get all the passes. Vikings didn't allow many rushing yards last time the teams met. Atlanta is out, so Robinson is a better match up.

I'm considering Tim Hightower as my second RB vs Detroit. Any thoughts on that?

My team:

QB: Eli Manning home vs Panthers, Tyrod Taylor at Washington

RBs: Doug Martin at STL, Ronnie Hillman at Pitt, DaJuan Harris vs Cleveland, Cameron Artis Payne at NYG

WRs: OBJ vs Panthers, Baldwin vs Cleveland, Maclin at Ravens, T.Y.Hilton, Golden Tate at NO, Diggs

TE: Gates

Roster make up - 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 WR/RB, 1 WR/TE - I am going with 4 wide outs

I am thinking of benching T.Y. because I feel his ceiling is limited when compared to Golden Tate vs the Saints. Diggs is not doing much lately and Gates, can't rely much on the Chargers offense nowadays. I am leaning Eli over Tyrod because of the fact that the Panthers will score more than the Redskins and thus the chances for more garbage points from Eli.

Thoughts???

3 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Not crazy IMO. Chicago is using Langford also, so there's no guarantee Forte would get all the passes. Vikings didn't allow many rushing yards last time the teams met. Atlanta is out, so Robinson is a better match up.

I'm considering Tim Hightower as my second RB vs Detroit. Any thoughts on that?

What is your RB depth?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

My team:

RBs: Doug Martin at STL, Ronnie Hillman at Pitt, Cameron Artis Payne at NYG (Joique Bell and Ameer Abdullah available on waivers, messed up by picking up DuJuan Harris, did not read the report where he was released, feel stupid now)

WRs: OBJ vs Panthers, Baldwin vs Cleveland, Maclin at Ravens, T.Y.Hilton, Golden Tate at NO, Diggs

Roster make up - 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 WR/RB, 1 WR/TE - I am going with 4 wide outs

I am thinking of benching T.Y. because I feel his ceiling is limited when compared to Golden Tate vs the Saints. Diggs is not doing much lately and Gates, can't rely much on the Chargers offense nowadays. I am leaning Eli over Tyrod because of the fact that the Panthers will score more than the Redskins and thus the chances for more garbage points from Eli.

Thoughts???

Thoughts???

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

My team:

RBs: Doug Martin at STL, Ronnie Hillman at Pitt, DaJuan Harris vs Cleveland, Cameron Artis Payne at NYG

Thoughts???

I wouldn't trust Eli vs Panthers.  I don't trust any QB vs the Panthers.  They have held teams under 20 points 7 times and have only allowed more than 23 three times. They have had at least one interception in those games.  I would expect Tyrod to get more against the redskins than Eli against the panthers.

As far as running backs go, find the best matchup and play them.  Doug Martin is a start, but the others are up in the air. 

For WR's, that is about as good as you are going to get.  Might could go Gates over Maclin, but idk. 

QB: Brady

WR: Julio, Baldwin, Ginn Jr.

RB: Deangelo Williams, Lamar Miller, Denard Robinson, Mike Tolbert

TE: Olsen, Gates

K: Vinatieri

DEF: Houston vs Indy, Minnesota vs. Chicago

What should my lineup be in ppr? I know this is a very unsexy lineup compared to the Cam, Gronk, Antonio Brown, AP, OBJ I'll be facing. I don't have many high ceiling guys but I'm solid and am projected most by 3 of the 3 guys left. Is there anyone I should try to get? It's 4 bench spots so some talent left out there. Ware was just dropped.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

QB: Brady

WR: Julio, Baldwin, Ginn Jr.

RB: Deangelo Williams, Lamar Miller, Denard Robinson, Mike Tolbert

TE: Olsen, Gates

K: Vinatieri

DEF: Houston vs Indy, Minnesota vs. Chicago

What should my lineup be in ppr? I know this is a very unsexy lineup compared to the Cam, Gronk, Antonio Brown, AP, OBJ I'll be facing. I don't have many high ceiling guys but I'm solid and am projected most by 3 of the 3 guys left. Is there anyone I should try to get? It's 4 bench spots so some talent left out there. Ware was just dropped.

All 3 WR's, Williams and miller,  olsen, houston.

1st world problem here, my RB depth is ridiculous. Pick 3 to start
 (2 RB, 1 WR/RB Flex)

DeAngelo Williams vs DEN
Eddie Lacy @ OAK

Latavius Murray vs GB

Javorius Allen vs KC

Matt Forte @ MIN

Also pick 1 WR

Brandin Cooks vs DET

Travis Benjamin @ SEA

Eric Decker @ DAL

And thoughts on Defense?

Jets @ DAL

HOU @ IND

I'm leaning heavily towards Houston....

3 hours ago, SilentHill said:

1st world problem here, my RB depth is ridiculous. Pick 3 to start
 (2 RB, 1 WR/RB Flex)

DeAngelo Williams vs DEN
Eddie Lacy @ OAK

Latavius Murray vs GB

Javorius Allen vs KC

Matt Forte @ MIN

Also pick 1 WR

Brandin Cooks vs DET

Travis Benjamin @ SEA

Eric Decker @ DAL

And thoughts on Defense?

Jets @ DAL

HOU @ IND

I'm leaning heavily towards Houston....

depth yes, but your matchups suck. denver green bay kansas city and minny have pretty good run defenses. Id go with cooks. jets d if its hasslebeck starting, clipboard jesus go with texans

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

depth yes, but your matchups suck. denver green bay kansas city and minny have pretty good run defenses. Id go with cooks. jets d if its hasslebeck starting, clipboard jesus go with texans

That doesn't help with the RB's lol

I'm leaning towards:

DeAngelo Williams vs DEN
Eddie Lacy @ OAK

Latavius Murray vs GB

I can start 2 of these RB's  Lacy vs Oak Freeman vs Jags West vs Ravens or 1 RB and J Brown vs Eagles. 

J Brown has really come through for me this year when I needed him but man I typically wouldn't even consider a WR over a RB. Freeman is not going to lose carries and West should be the only show in town. Lacy has been a nightmare all year. He seems to have things turned around. 

If Ware is a go that obviously knocks West down but he was an early block from taking a screen pass 63 yards to the house last week. TE called for offensive PI brought it back. 

Freeman got me here but he's been dead weight for sometime.  

GB has been like Cybil and Oak has been stout vs the run here recently. 

I I guess I am leaning toward West and Freeman. Leaving Lacy and as much as it kills me and J Brown on the bench vs Philly late game Sunday. Unless Ware has a miraculous recovery.  

Bonus Pts for TD's over 50 yards. Lacy not as likely to break a long one 

I have the option of sliding Brown in ahead of Watkins vs Wash  or Alshon vs Minny  too.  I could sit one of those WR's start Brown and 2 of the 3 RB's. 

Because of injury and lack of production Brown has almost been a constant in the line up this year. As I've said he's always got it when I need it. Tough call Thoughts? 

I have lead this league wire to wire 10 teams $350 buy in. I have to win this week or it was domination only to come up short not make it to the big money game. 

One of the most consistent players on my teams has been TE  Delanie Walker. He has been THE playmaker for the Titans, but I'll be benching him this week against NE. I hate to bench someone who has been so good, but I don't trust that matchup at all.

I'll be starting Eddie Lacy, and hope that he continues his streak. He can't quit now.

Adrian Peterson is back I my lineup. I like him against Chicago.

I'm not playing for any large amounts of money, so even if it doesn't work out, it's no loss. I'm doing it mostly for fun.

19 hours ago, SilentHill said:

That doesn't help with the RB's lol

I'm leaning towards:

DeAngelo Williams vs DEN
Eddie Lacy @ OAK

Latavius Murray vs GB

haha sorry im not really sure. id go lacy for sure. maybe forte and murray

4 hours ago, teganslaw said:

One of the most consistent players on my teams has been TE  Delanie Walker. He has been THE playmaker for the Titans, but I'll be benching him this week against NE. I hate to bench someone who has been so good, but I don't trust that matchup at all.

I'll be starting Eddie Lacy, and hope that he continues his streak. He can't quit now.

Adrian Peterson is back I my lineup. I like him against Chicago.

I'm not playing for any large amounts of money, so even if it doesn't work out, it's no loss. I'm doing it mostly for fun.

I would much rather play my stud than bench him for a guy who has been a bust most of the season. I'm assuming you got Lacy off waivers if you got AP on your team and you're in the playoffs. Lacy has had like 2 good games in this half of the season. I just know I would rather start my stud (Walker) and have him lose it for me than starting the guy that sucks (Lacy). If I still lose I don't feel as bad, if I lose because I started Lacy over Walker I'd take it a lot worse.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

I would much rather play my stud than bench him for a guy who has been a bust most of the season. I'm assuming you got Lacy off waivers if you got AP on your team and you're in the playoffs. Lacy has had like 2 good games in this half of the season. I just know I would rather start my stud (Walker) and have him lose it for me than starting the guy that sucks (Lacy). If I still lose I don't feel as bad, if I lose because I started Lacy over Walker I'd take it a lot worse.

I don't know if I agree with this, Lacy is one of the hottest players right now.

On 12/18/2015 at 0:27 PM, bababooey said:

You were right about Delanie Walker. My opponent had him.

Sometimes, you just take risks and go with your studs and sometimes gut. I started Eli and OBJ against all conventional wisdom and Eli scored more than other QBs I considered and my line up is moving on to the finals. Actually, I based starting Eli based on how well Brees did at home vs the Panthers. I had a feeling the Panthers' D was not as good on the road as it was at home. So, I took the upside chance and the desperation in the NFC East.

I started Delanie Walker in one of my lineups, despite the matchup against NE. Walker still gave me 19 points , so that worked out OK. The idea of never benching your studs is true.

I've also been playing Antonio Brown, and he is definitely staying in my lineups no matter what.

Forget Eddie Lacy; he is too inconsistent.

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

You were right about Delanie Walker. My opponent had him.

Sometimes, you just take risks and go with your studs and sometimes gut. I started Eli and OBJ against all conventional wisdom and Eli scored more than other QBs I considered and my line up is moving on to the finals. Actually, I based starting Eli based on how well Brees did at home vs the Panthers. I had a feeling the Panthers' D was not as good on the road as it was at home. So, I took the upside chance and the desperation in the NFC East.

I picked up both Denard Robinson and Ted Ginn Jr this week after losing Rawls and Blount. Started Denard but I would have won if I sat Lamar Miller and flexed ginn. There's no way of knowing though esp after Miller had two TDs last week.

I am one half of the championship game next week. Unfortunately, I'm a possible victim of the OBJ saga. I only carry three WR and 1 TE...which means I have to drop someone and pick up a WR.

I know who I'm dropping, but I need some opinions. Dorial Green-Beckham (vs HOU), Davante Parker (vs IND), Reuben Randle (vs MIN), Jermaine Kearse (vs StL). There are other WRs out there, but those are the ones I'm looking at. 

17 hours ago, nburgmei said:

I am one half of the championship game next week. Unfortunately, I'm a possible victim of the OBJ saga. I only carry three WR and 1 TE...which means I have to drop someone and pick up a WR.

I know who I'm dropping, but I need some opinions. Dorial Green-Beckham (vs HOU), Davante Parker (vs IND), Reuben Randle (vs MIN), Jermaine Kearse (vs StL). There are other WRs out there, but those are the ones I'm looking at. 

I would go with Dorian Green Beckham. Reuben Randle's value goes in the tank without OBJ to take the focus off and the Rams' pass rush would mean less productivity for the Seattle passing offense than recent games though they will still put up enough points. DaVante Parker and the Dolphins' passing offense cannot be trusted whatsoever.

20 hours ago, CR91 said:

so I made it to the championship (barely) crazy matchup. up 54 after week 14 to winning by one point after week 15

so I have to choose between gurley vs the seahawks or christian michael vs the rams

Never bench your studs. Gurley is a volume play, hands down, even if the Rams get behind. They can pass to get close to the goal line and still hand off for a TD.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Never bench your studs. Gurley is a volume play, hands down, even if the Rams get behind. They can pass to get close to the goal line and still hand off for a TD.

gurley only had a good game because of the short td and a 30 yard catch and run. he had 21 carries for 42 yards. the seahawks have the number one run defense not to mention their offense has been scoring at will which will eventually make the rams abandon the run

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I would go with Dorian Green Beckham. Reuben Randle's value goes in the tank without OBJ to take the focus off and the Rams' pass rush would mean less productivity for the Seattle passing offense than recent games though they will still put up enough points. DaVante Parker and the Dolphins' passing offense cannot be trusted whatsoever.

No concern about G-Beckham with Mariota out?

3 hours ago, nburgmei said:

No concern about G-Beckham with Mariota out?

Mettenberger has a live arm and the Texans' secondary is good but not great. Sammy Watkins lit them up a few weeks ago, so another big wide out like G-Beckham should stand a good chance, IMO. His only main competition is probably Delanie Walker.

You know what. Upon second thought, I might go with Kearse because of how Russell Wilson has been slinging it and since they want to avenge their game 1 loss to the Rams. At home, Pete Caroll might pile it on the Rams, IMO.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

gurley only had a good game because of the short td and a 30 yard catch and run. he had 21 carries for 42 yards. the seahawks have the number one run defense not to mention their offense has been scoring at will which will eventually make the rams abandon the run

Do you have the option to pick up Cameron Artis Payne? He is a safe play, IMO, for you.

Also, one of the Lions' RBs Abdullah or Joique Bell might be available and you can pick them up for valuable points vs the 49ers. The problem is the committee including Riddick there. But Cameron Artis Payne should be a slam dunk. If not, you roll with your gut.

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Do you have the option to pick up Cameron Artis Payne? He is a safe play, IMO, for you.

Also, one of the Lions' RBs Abdullah or Joique Bell might be available and you can pick them up for valuable points vs the 49ers. The problem is the committee including Riddick there. But Cameron Artis Payne should be a slam dunk. If not, you roll with your gut.

I think Christian Michael is a better option