Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here (2015 edition)!

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

I think Christian Michael is a better option

I have one for you. It is championship week for me.

Roster make up is 1 QB, 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 WR/RB, 1 WR/TE

I have ridden 4 WRs all along to get to the championship game.

My roster:

QB - Eli Manning (yeah, it took some balls to play him vs the Panthers and I did, and here I am, had to gloat :)), Tyrod Taylor and Jameis Winston are on waivers

RBs - Doug Martin vs Chi, Cameron Artis Payne at ATL, Christine Michael vs STL, Karlos Williams vs DAL

WRs - Doug Baldwin vs STL, Golden Tate vs SF, Jeremy Maclin vs CLE, Stefon Diggs vs NYG, T.Y.Hilton at MIA

TE - Antonio Gates at OAK

K - Dustin Hopkins at PHI

DEF - Broncos vs CIN

Thoughts??? My dilemma is amongst Jeremy Maclin, Stefon Diggs, and Antonio Gates mainly.

Lots of good matchups, I feel, across the board.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My roster:

QB - Eli Manning (yeah, it took some balls to play him vs the Panthers and I did, and here I am, had to gloat :)), Tyrod Taylor and Jameis Winston are on waivers

RBs - Doug Martin vs Chi, Cameron Artis Payne at ATL, Christine Michael vs STL, Karlos Williams vs DAL

WRs - Doug Baldwin vs STL, Golden Tate vs SF, Jeremy Maclin vs CLE, Stefon Diggs vs NYG, T.Y.Hilton at MIA

DEF - Broncos vs CIN

Thoughts??? My dilemma is amongst Jeremy Maclin, Stefon Diggs, and Antonio Gates mainly.

Oh, I forgot to mention OBJ who has been the star of my team but is likely to be suspended for my championship game :(

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

But Cameron Artis Payne should be a slam dunk. If not, you roll with your gut.

Just picked him up.  In the championship in two of my leagues.  One league(PPR) we started our championships a week sooner so we avoid Week 17 rests.  This one I am down by 34.  Not looking so hot.

PPR League (Second week of Championship)

QB:  Phillip Rivers, Fitzpatrick

RB: Riddick, Mathews, Artis-Payne

WR:  J. Landry, D. Baldwin, Mike Evans (FLEX), B. Marshall, T. Lockett

TE: B. Watson, Gates

D/ST:  Chiefs, Texans

Trading I guess was not limited so thinking of trading Gates, Riddick/Mathews, and Marshall for AP.  Doubt he will accept, plus AP is hurt.  Trying to look elsewhere.  I just recently got McCoy and looked what happened there. I have always been shallow at RB but solid on recievers. Can sit Riddick for Payne, i think my WR's are set though. Thoughts?

Standard (First week of Championship)

QB:  C. Palmer, Rivers

RB:  Hill, Miller, McFadden (FLEX),, J. Allen, Artis-Payne

WR: M. Evans, A. Hurns, K. Aiken

TE:  G. Olsen, Gates

D/ST:  Chiefs, Bengals

This league is opposite.  Not much left in the WR pool (just dropped Murray for Payne, and Dez Bryant for K. Aiken) but I've been stacked for RB.   Many options for this.  Sit Hill and play Payne, then Sit McFadden (@Buf) and play Aiken (vs Pit).

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Just picked him up.  In the championship in two of my leagues.  One league(PPR) we started our championships a week sooner so we avoid Week 17 rests.  This one I am down by 34.  Not looking so hot.

PPR League (Second week of Championship)

QB:  Phillip Rivers, Fitzpatrick

RB: Riddick, Mathews, Artis-Payne

WR:  J. Landry, D. Baldwin, Mike Evans (FLEX), B. Marshall, T. Lockett

TE: B. Watson, Gates

D/ST:  Chiefs, Texans

Trading I guess was not limited so thinking of trading Gates, Riddick/Mathews, and Marshall for AP.  Doubt he will accept, plus AP is hurt.  Trying to look elsewhere.  I just recently got McCoy and looked what happened there. I have always been shallow at RB but solid on recievers. Can sit Riddick for Payne, i think my WR's are set though. Thoughts?

Standard (First week of Championship)

QB:  C. Palmer, Rivers

RB:  Hill, Miller, McFadden (FLEX),, J. Allen, Artis-Payne

WR: M. Evans, A. Hurns, K. Aiken

TE:  G. Olsen, Gates

D/ST:  Chiefs, Bengals

This league is opposite.  Not much left in the WR pool (just dropped Murray for Payne, and Dez Bryant for K. Aiken) but I've been stacked for RB.   Many options for this.  Sit Hill and play Payne, then Sit McFadden (@Buf) and play Aiken (vs Pit).

In your 2 line ups, because of Brees' injury, I'd sit Watson and play Gates. Then, I'd sit Hill and play Artis-Payne.

Any thoughts on mine?

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

My roster:

DEF - Broncos vs CIN

I like eli vs the vikings

martin payne and michael. karlos williams will be sharing with gillsese

baldwin tate maclin

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

In your 2 line ups, because of Brees' injury, I'd sit Watson and play Gates. Then, I'd sit Hill and play Artis-Payne.

Any thoughts on mine?

Ugghhh.  Idk man.  Both decent matchups, diggs higher ceiling but lower floor.   I'd say diggs if you stick with gates.  Gates has not performed against similar defenses.  

I'd go with diggs and Maclin and bench gates.  I would go all our and play my biggest reward players regardless of risk.   

In the first one of mine, where you would bench gates,  would you play Riddick over payne?

Riddick vs 49ers, payne @ATL.

55 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ugghhh.  Idk man.  Both decent matchups, diggs higher ceiling but lower floor.   I'd say diggs if you stick with gates.  Gates has not performed against similar defenses.  

I'd go with diggs and Maclin and bench gates.  I would go all our and play my biggest reward players regardless of risk.   

In the first one of mine, where you would bench gates,  would you play Riddick over payne?

Riddick vs 49ers, payne @ATL.

In the first one of yours, I feel I'd go with Payne over Riddick just due to the committee. I said to bench Watson and play Gates, not bench Gates :).

I am looking at it this way for my line up, tell me what you think of my thought process.

Baldwin, Maclin, Tate, Diggs, Gates - need 3 or 4 here. I am strongly thinking of Baldwin, Maclin and Gates along with Martin, Payne and Christine Michael.

I look at San Fran, they are like a gold mine if you have a star RB hogging the touches going against them, not the case with the Lions and their committee, hence ceiling is limited for Abdullah, Bell and Riddick. Even against the potent Cardinals, they forced a 19-13 game with 2 rushing TDs - one by Duke Johnson and one by Carson Palmer for crying out loud. They play coverage, that is just their way. That is why I feel Golden Tate's streak of TDs will come to an end vs them, period. The 49ers may give some yards but not TDs to WRs. Floyd, Fitzgerald, A.J.Green, Marvin Jones, none of them scored a TD. You have to go all the way back to about 5 games ago with a mobile Russell Wilson and Thomas Rawls for a 2 TD freakish performance for Tyler Lockett for a TD given up to a WR. The other receiving TD they gave was for RB Rawls. Bears game - 49ers gave TD to Forte and Kadeem Carey, none for Alshon Jeffery. Browns game - Barnidge and Isiah Crowell, none to outside wide outs. I am benching Golden Tate along those lines, even if he has put up 2 games of 2 TDs together.

Gates - let me make my case for him. Raiders give up the 2nd most passing yards to TEs and 2nd most TDs to TEs (11 behind NO at 13), and even as recently as a game with Mack wreaking havoc on Osweiler, they gave up 74 yards for the once-in-a-blue-moon Vernon Davis. They just cannot defend TEs. Goes back to Jack Del Rio and his Broncos run Ds that gave up production to TEs all the time. Gates is finally healthy the last 2 games and his targets, yards and receptions have been creeping up the last 2 games hence making him enticing in PPR too, just not TDs to show for. This Thursday night will be the game he will get back in the TD column, I feel.

Diggs - If OBJ suspension holds up, the Giants will be running more and I feel it might be more low scoring than the Giants-Panthers game. If OBJ suspension is reversed, I feel the Giants' passing game will force the Vikes to pass more. Diggs is not a good route runner and with all injuries on D, Giants play more zone lately. He thrives better against mediocre 1-on-1 coverages and does not do well in soft spots in zones, hard to trust him because his production is TD driven, not yards. Out of the 16 passing TDs to WRs the Giants have given, about 11 or 12 of them came in 2 games vs Saints and Panthers, not sure it is something I can rely on with Diggs.

Let me know what you think. 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

In the first one of yours, I feel I'd go with Payne over Riddick just due to the committee. I said to bench Watson and play Gates, not bench Gates :).

I am looking at it this way for my line up, tell me what you think of my thought process.

Baldwin, Maclin, Tate, Diggs, Gates - need 3 or 4 here. I am strongly thinking of Baldwin, Maclin and Gates along with Martin, Payne and Christine Michael.

I look at San Fran, they are like a gold mine if you have a star RB hogging the touches going against them, not the case with the Lions and their committee, hence ceiling is limited for Abdullah, Bell and Riddick. Even against the potent Cardinals, they forced a 19-13 game with 2 rushing TDs - one by Duke Johnson and one by Carson Palmer for crying out loud. They play coverage, that is just their way. That is why I feel Golden Tate's streak of TDs will come to an end vs them, period. The 49ers may give some yards but not TDs to WRs. Floyd, Fitzgerald, A.J.Green, Marvin Jones, none of them scored a TD. You have to go all the way back to about 5 games ago with a mobile Russell Wilson and Thomas Rawls for a 2 TD freakish performance for Tyler Lockett for a TD given up to a WR. The other receiving TD they gave was for RB Rawls. Bears game - 49ers gave TD to Forte and Kadeem Carey, none for Alshon Jeffery. Browns game - Barnidge and Isiah Crowell, none to outside wide outs. I am benching Golden Tate along those lines, even if he has put up 2 games of 2 TDs together.

Gates - let me make my case for him. Raiders give up the 2nd most passing yards to TEs and 2nd most TDs to TEs (11 behind NO at 13), and even as recently as a game with Mack wreaking havoc on Osweiler, they gave up 74 yards for the once-in-a-blue-moon Vernon Davis. They just cannot defend TEs. Goes back to Jack Del Rio and his Broncos run Ds that gave up production to TEs all the time. Gates is finally healthy the last 2 games and his targets, yards and receptions have been creeping up the last 2 games hence making him enticing in PPR too, just not TDs to show for. This Thursday night will be the game he will get back in the TD column, I feel.

Diggs - If OBJ suspension holds up, the Giants will be running more and I feel it might be more low scoring than the Giants-Panthers game. If OBJ suspension is reversed, I feel the Giants' passing game will force the Vikes to pass more. Diggs is not a good route runner and with all injuries on D, Giants play more zone lately. He thrives better against mediocre 1-on-1 coverages and does not do well in soft spots in zones, hard to trust him because his production is TD driven, not yards. Out of the 16 passing TDs to WRs the Giants have given, about 11 or 12 of them came in 2 games vs Saints and Panthers, not sure it is something I can rely on with Diggs.

Let me know what you think. 

So you're thinking:

Martin and payne for RB.

Baldwin and Maclin for WR

Gates for WR/TE

I would say diggs if Christine Michael but you know them two better than i do.  To me I'd go diggs.  Just because the committee in SEA. Diggs is vikings main guy.  But not come with their risk.  

I'm in a keeper league. We keep ten players and drop five before the draft. We have to drop one of our top five players...which usually ends up being a QB. Our draft is 5 rounds which roughly translates to Rounds 6 and 12-15 in a normal draft.

I've been stashing Josh Gordon. However, knowing my current predicament (I only have 2 active WRs and had to pick up a scrub 3rd (which ended up being Golden Tate...could be worse)), someone offered me Brandon Marshall and his 14th for Josh Gordon and my 12th. Gordon's potential and age is enticing...especially for a keeper league, but Marshall would be a huge upgrade for my Championship lineup, but is old.

I'm currently rolling with Antonio Brown, John Brown, and Golden Tate. If I make the trade I would be playing Antonio Brown, John Brown, and Brandon Marshall. Marshall plays New England...Tate plays San Fran. Would you make the trade?

2 hours ago, nburgmei said:

I'm in a keeper league. We keep ten players and drop five before the draft. We have to drop one of our top five players...which usually ends up being a QB. Our draft is 5 rounds which roughly translates to Rounds 6 and 12-15 in a normal draft.

I've been stashing Josh Gordon. However, knowing my current predicament (I only have 2 active WRs and had to pick up a scrub 3rd (which ended up being Golden Tate...could be worse)), someone offered me Brandon Marshall and his 14th for Josh Gordon and my 12th. Gordon's potential and age is enticing...especially for a keeper league, but Marshall would be a huge upgrade for my Championship lineup, but is old.

I'm currently rolling with Antonio Brown, John Brown, and Golden Tate. If I make the trade I would be playing Antonio Brown, John Brown, and Brandon Marshall. Marshall plays New England...Tate plays San Fran. Would you make the trade?

Don't count on josh Gordon playing again. If he does,  it'll be two years before he is good again. 

9 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Cam Newton @ Falcons or Big Ben @ Ravens?

That's tough. Newton has been on a tear, but the Ravens' 2ndary is almost nonexistent. The Steelers also have more to play for. There is probably no risk of Ben getting sat in the 4th. I'd go Ben.

1 hour ago, nburgmei said:

Who would you rather play this week? Tate vs SF or Marshall vs NE? I can't decide.

Tate.  Look what happened last time Marshall went against NE.  Not much.  Of course, Phillip Rivers disproved my point Thursday against Oakland, I've lost cause of him and Gates.

Side note, I'm benching Marshall this week.

47 minutes ago, nburgmei said:

That's tough. Newton has been on a tear, but the Ravens' 2ndary is almost nonexistent. The Steelers also have more to play for. There is probably no risk of Ben getting sat in the 4th. I'd go Ben.

Thanks....I was thinking that myself plus the weather in Baltimore looks decent.

These late-season games can be tricky. :)

5 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Thanks....I was thinking that myself plus the weather in Baltimore looks decent.

These late-season games can be tricky. :)

I know. You can't really go wrong with Ben and Cam, though. I wouldn't even be stressing much if Beckham hadn't gotten suspended and Rawls hadn't broken his ankle. My team was cruising.

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Robinson yes, but idk about Gore. Best options though next to E. Lacy.

I just can't trust Robinson. The matchup is so nice, but he always fails me. He fails me when I play him, and he screws me when I play Yeldon! 

Gore needs to have a break out game, and who better than Miami? But not sure since he hasn't done well.

I wouldn't trust Eddie Lacy; he has burnt me in what were suppose to be good matchups.

I have Robinson in one of my lineups. I expect that he will have a good game today. I know, though, how disappointing it is when one of your players doesn't produce.

I'm in second place in one of my leagues. The person ahead of me had Tim Hightower in their lineup, who i almost used, but changed  my mind. Hightower got 30 points! I went with Robinson , and wasn't too bad, but not great.

Antonio Brown wasn't quite as effective this week. I thought about putting Roethlisberger also, but went with Blake Bortles instead. I'm glad I did that because Big Ben didn't have a very good game.

I feel bad for anyone who had the Packers defense!

9 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Tate.  Look what happened last time Marshall went against NE.  Not much.  Of course, Phillip Rivers disproved my point Thursday against Oakland, I've lost cause of him and Gates.

Side note, I'm benching Marshall this week.

Well...ouch. 

On Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Narcosys said:

So you're thinking:

Martin and payne for RB.

Baldwin and Maclin for WR

Gates for WR/TE

I would say diggs if Christine Michael but you know them two better than i do.  To me I'd go diggs.  Just because the committee in SEA. Diggs is vikings main guy.  But not come with their risk.

I played Tate, Maclin, Baldwin and Gates. Martin and Payne for RB. Only regret is not playing Karlos Williams for Payne. Cam Newton is such a rushing TD hogger that his RBs do not stand much of a chance, I am finding out :(.

At the last moment, benched Eli and picked up Jameis Winston 10 minutes prior to 1 pm ET and played him, turned out to be a decent call. No OBJ, division already clinched by Redskins, I felt it would be a terrible game for Eli and turned out to be true. Also, Eli takes alternate turns producing in the same time slot, again a gut call co-incidence I used for my reasoning :). He played mediocre vs Jets in the 1 pm ET, then was has an FF gem 2 weeks later vs the Panthers in the 1 pm ET slot both at home. He played terrible vs Eagles early on in MNF, then produced an FF gem on MNF vs Dolphins both on the road. He produced real well on SNF early on vs San Fran, so I felt he was due for a stinker on SNF.

I benched Christine Michael because I had this feeling that the Rams were going to be fresh since their last game was on TNF and that the Seahawks would be throwing more than running and turns out, I was right. Same reasoning for Jameis Winston, he played on TNF last vs the Rams but thanks to a garbage TD from him, I am alive tonight. Vikings, fresh from TNF vs Cardinals, crushed the Bears. Cardinals, fresh from TNF, crushed the Eagles. I was seeing a trend with teams coming off TNF and playing well the next week, so I made some gut calls because I was not dealing with studs in my line up that I rarely bench :).

I need 14 points from the Broncos D on MNF to win my championship, wish me luck :), I definitely need it. I get 1 point for a sack, 2 pts for INT, 2 pts for fumble recovery, and 1 point for every 50 yards of returns. Plus, of course the 6 pts for a TD. Fingers crossed :).

19 hours ago, chad72 said:

I played Tate, Maclin, Baldwin and Gates. Martin and Payne for RB. Only regret is not playing Karlos Williams for Payne. Cam Newton is such a rushing TD hogger that his RBs do not stand much of a chance, I am finding out :(.

At the last moment, benched Eli and picked up Jameis Winston 10 minutes prior to 1 pm ET and played him, turned out to be a decent call. No OBJ, division already clinched by Redskins, I felt it would be a terrible game for Eli and turned out to be true. Also, Eli takes alternate turns producing in the same time slot, again a gut call co-incidence I used for my reasoning :). He played mediocre vs Jets in the 1 pm ET, then was has an FF gem 2 weeks later vs the Panthers in the 1 pm ET slot both at home. He played terrible vs Eagles early on in MNF, then produced an FF gem on MNF vs Dolphins both on the road. He produced real well on SNF early on vs San Fran, so I felt he was due for a stinker on SNF.

I benched Christine Michael because I had this feeling that the Rams were going to be fresh since their last game was on TNF and that the Seahawks would be throwing more than running and turns out, I was right. Same reasoning for Jameis Winston, he played on TNF last vs the Rams but thanks to a garbage TD from him, I am alive tonight. Vikings, fresh from TNF vs Cardinals, crushed the Bears. Cardinals, fresh from TNF, crushed the Eagles. I was seeing a trend with teams coming off TNF and playing well the next week, so I made some gut calls because I was not dealing with studs in my line up that I rarely bench :).

I need 14 points from the Broncos D on MNF to win my championship, wish me luck :), I definitely need it. I get 1 point for a sack, 2 pts for INT, 2 pts for fumble recovery, and 1 point for every 50 yards of returns. Plus, of course the 6 pts for a TD. Fingers crossed :).

Not playing Karlos Williams cost me my championship, so did the OBJ suspension :(. 

Oh well, I had drafted Lynch, OBJ and Keenan Allen with my first 4 picks and I played a final championship game without any of them. I fought as well as I could but there is always next year :). It was a fun Colts forum elite league, very competitive, IMO.

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Not playing Karlos Williams cost me my championship, so did the OBJ suspension :(. 

Oh well, I had drafted Lynch, OBJ and Keenan Allen with my first 4 picks and I played a final championship game without any of them. I fought as well as I could but there is always next year :). It was a fun Colts forum elite league, very competitive, IMO.

Ya,  same boat.  Lost/losing in my championships.  

I would have had to play Fitz over Palmer, Hurns over K. Aiken or mcfadden, and Javorius Allen over Payne.  Never saw some of those coming.  Now I'm down by 32 going into next week.  Makes me a sad panda :(

13 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ya,  same boat.  Lost/losing in my championships.  

I would have had to play Fitz over Palmer, Hurns over K. Aiken or mcfadden, and Javorius Allen over Payne.  Never saw some of those coming.  Now I'm down by 32 going into next week.  Makes me a sad panda :(

Ya, I know the feeling, lost by 6 points. Cam Newton is such a rushing TD hogger, it is hard to play his RBs consistently especially when your QB is a factor in rushing TDs. Plus, 5 rushes for 49 yards for an RB would get an RB more carries, not for Payne apparently. Besides, the Panthers and Cam have gotten cocky that they abandon the run at the first sight of deficit, IMO, or Cam has to run it. I feel the Panthers go one and done if they run into the Seahawks in the playoffs.

On 12/31/2015 at 7:15 AM, bababooey said:

Just lost on a stat correction. Had deangelo Williams fumble and me go from win by 1 to lose by 1. He had Blair Walsh hit 23 points as the only player left on SNF in our matchup. I played Miami d against Indy instead of Houston vs Tennessee. So angry.

That would be disappointing. One fumble or penalty can change everything. Also, who figured that Walsh would get that many fantasy points? I never expected that.

Defenses are difficult to determine. What looks good on paper doesn't always work out once the game starts. I've often been burnt on defenses in my lineups.