Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

my impressions of wrs and predictions

Stephen

My first impressions are that our wrs are going to be a beast. Mainly wayne,hilton, nicks, moncrief, whalen. Despite having torn his acl last year wayne is running crisp routes and making nice plays in traffic. Nicks while being brought along slowly initially is starting to get better timing with luck and will be an awesome redzone target. In fact I think the colts may be top two in redzone scoring ths year.Moncrief is still working on getting his timing down with Luck and rebounded nicely from the drops he had yesterday. Infact his route running is much better than rogers at that moment who occassionally rounds routes. he also works hard on each play and doesnt take plays off. Whalen will probably make the team. The way he finds ways to get open and makes almost every pass thrown his way is impressive. He's prob one of the hardest working guys you'll see and has great rapid with luck. No need to say much about hilton as he always works hard and makes crazy catches. if rogers had the work ethic of whalen or hilton he'd be unstoppable. As he is right now he'd hold our offense back like heyward bey did. He needs to fight for passes more and continuing working on his routes.Rogers gets a lil lazy at times and if he isn't careful they may even keep a receiver like thomas over him. Overall we could have three  receivers with around 1000 yards a piece and if the oline protects as it did today Luck could double his td total from last year. One other note. I'm glad butler made luck pay for staring down hilton. Luck doesn't do it as often now but occassionally he'll make that mistake.

Bottom line Luck could throw 46 tds this year with all the talent we have at wr and te but if richardson performs well he may not have to.

I think we may have a future #1 receiver in Moncrief. Could he compete to be one the top receivers in this draft? Who was drafted ahead of him?

Sammy Watkins

Mike Evans

Odell Beckham

Brandin Cooks

Kelvin Benjamin

Marquise Lee

Jordan Mathews

Paul Richardson

Davante Adams

Cody Latimer

Allen Robinson

Jarvis Landry

Josh Huff

In that order...

Sammy Watkins

Mike Evans

Odell Beckham

Brandin Cooks

Kelvin Benjamin

Marquise Lee

Jordan Mathews

Paul Richardson

Davante Adams

Cody Latimer

Allen Robinson

Jarvis Landry

Josh Huff

In that order...

I think he could get rookie of the year with enough passes going his way but we have so many weapons with hilton, nicks, wayne, allen and fleener that moncrief may not get as many passes his way barring injury. I do think he will be ahead of rogers on depth chart. he is real good at stretching the field and in the redzone so may have a rezone package with allen fleener nicks wayne and moncrief. then you may get a allen fleener hilton wayne and moncrief one. If they went all big allen fleener nicks moncrief and rogers but rogers has to work on that route running or he may not make the team. 

I think we may have a future #1 receiver in Moncrief. Could he compete to be one the top receivers in this draft? Who was drafted ahead of him?

Hope you're right. But unless there's an injury he's not going to get a lot of looks this season.

Can't wait to see him in real game situations.

I think he could get rookie of the year with enough passes going his way but we have so many weapons with hilton, nicks, wayne, allen and fleener that moncrief may not get as many passes his way barring injury. I do think he will be ahead of rogers on depth chart. he is real good at stretching the field and in the redzone so may have a rezone package with allen fleener nicks wayne and moncrief. then you may get a allen fleener hilton wayne and moncrief one. If they went all big allen fleener nicks moncrief and rogers but rogers has to work on that route running or he may not make the team. 

He could get ROTY but, only if starters go down.

Brandin Cooks will be front runner for ROTY in my book. Could step in as the #2/3 and has a large volume of passes from Breezy.

Sammy Watkins

Mike Evans

Odell Beckham

Brandin Cooks

Kelvin Benjamin

Marquise Lee

Jordan Mathews

Paul Richardson

Davante Adams

Cody Latimer

Allen Robinson

Jarvis Landry

Josh Huff

In that order...

The class was really deep at wr i wouldn't be surprised if multiple people from this list get over 1000 yards lee and robinson will see alot of passes their way with shorts and ace sanders out latimer has manning, adams has rodgers and could become number three wr in greenbay, beckham will get lots of passes, cooks is with brees, mathews in chip kelly's high play offense, evans is a number 2 wr with vincent jackson drawing most coverage, and I like watkins to.Benjamin may also but i think more teams will be all over him do to the panthers subpar receivers.

He could get ROTY but, only if starters go down.

Brandin Cooks will be front runner for ROTY in my book. Could step in as the #2/3 and has a large volume of passes from Breezy.

i like evans if he is healthy. mccown turned jeffery into a star he could due the same for evans.

Hope you're right. But unless there's an injury he's not going to get a lot of looks this season.

Can't wait to see him in real game situations.

I am not talking this year, he will likely be 4th on the depth chart, I think 200-250 yards and a couple TD's would be nice from him this year. 

I am not talking this year, he will likely be 4th on the depth chart, I think 200-250 yards and a couple TD's would be nice from him this year. 

3 years from now he may well be the best WR's from this class I am with you. He and Luck could become a great duo.

My first impressions are that our wrs are going to be a beast. Mainly wayne,hilton, nicks, moncrief, whalen. Despite having torn his acl last year wayne is running crisp routes and making nice plays in traffic. Nicks while being brought along slowly initially is starting to get better timing with luck and will be an awesome redzone target. In fact I think the colts may be top two in redzone scoring ths year.Moncrief is still working on getting his timing down with Luck and rebounded nicely from the drops he had yesterday. Infact his route running is much better than rogers at that moment who occassionally rounds routes. he also works hard on each play and doesnt take plays off. Whalen will probably make the team. The way he finds ways to get open and makes almost every pass thrown his way is impressive. He's prob one of the hardest working guys you'll see and has great rapid with luck. No need to say much about hilton as he always works hard and makes crazy catches. if rogers had the work ethic of whalen or hilton he'd be unstoppable. As he is right now he'd hold our offense back like heyward bey did. He needs to fight for passes more and continuing working on his routes.Rogers gets a lil lazy at times and if he isn't careful they may even keep a receiver like thomas over him. Overall we could have three  receivers with around 1000 yards a piece and if the oline protects as it did today Luck could double his td total from last year. One other note. I'm glad butler made luck pay for staring down hilton. Luck doesn't do it as often now but occassionally he'll make that mistake.

Bottom line Luck could throw 46 tds this year with all the talent we have at wr and te but if richardson performs well he may not have to.

Totally agree with you about Roger's it is early and he we are not in pads yet but I have not read anything that makes me think he is anything close to what we thought he might be. Look back to last year one good game one good catch and a lot of nothing in between. There was a reason we got him mid season it is starting to look like that is a lack of desire a polite way of saying he is lazy. He will not make this roster on potential not at WR.

I think right now we are looking at Reggie, TY, Hicks, Moncrief, and Whalen and wouldn't be surprised if we only keep 5 and stash a guy like Thomas on the PS. Could open the door for Rainey, He has done well with his opportunities at RB so far and he would be a huge upgrade to the return game punts and KO's.

We find a real threat on returns our special teams will be one of the better units in the league with Pat and Adam.

It's early still a lot of football. 11 more days until we get to really see what is going on.

If Moncrief has 500 yards in receptions and 4 TD's,  then someone, or maybe even a couple of guys got hurt.

I agree too much talent in front of him to get those numbers. He is only 20 years old. He is in a great spot one of the best to learn from and no pressure to perform right away soak it all up Donte your time is coming. A couple of oh boy plays this year would not surprise me

Sammy Watkins

Mike Evans

Odell Beckham

Brandin Cooks

Kelvin Benjamin

Marquise Lee

Jordan Mathews

Paul Richardson

Davante Adams

Cody Latimer

Allen Robinson

Jarvis Landry

]Josh Huff

In that order...

the fact that Richardson and Huff went before him is laughable.

It's still early in training camp guys.... lets throttle back ROTY and 1K rec seasons already. Or we will start sound like Cowboy fans at this time of the year, with the "SB might as well be handed to us" talk.

Why? Just because he's caught... 0... passes in an NFL game? Just because no one has seen him against any DBs wearing non Colts uni's? That's no reason to think he can't be all pro this year!

Yippee ki yay...

It's still early in training camp guys.... lets throttle back ROTY and 1K rec seasons already. Or we will start sound like Cowboy fans at this time of the year, with the "SB might as well be handed to us" talk.

THIS!!  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nicely said!    :thmup:

Totally agree with you about Roger's it is early and he we are not in pads yet but I have not read anything that makes me think he is anything close to what we thought he might be. Look back to last year one good game one good catch and a lot of nothing in between. There was a reason we got him mid season it is starting to look like that is a lack of desire a polite way of saying he is lazy. He will not make this roster on potential not at WR.

I think right now we are looking at Reggie, TY, Hicks, Moncrief, and Whalen and wouldn't be surprised if we only keep 5 and stash a guy like Thomas on the PS. Could open the door for Rainey, He has done well with his opportunities at RB so far and he would be a huge upgrade to the return game punts and KO's.

We find a real threat on returns our special teams will be one of the better units in the league with Pat and Adam.

It's early still a lot of football. 11 more days until we get to really see what is going on.

chuckle

As a Rookie, Reggie in 13 games had 27 catches and NO TD`s.  I figure with Peyton, who surely had a better O-Line, Reggie had a better shot at putting up #`s.

Rogers in 4 games had 14 catches in 23 Targets and 2 TD`s.

Hmm! 2 TD`s. And how many Td`s did Andrews fav have last season in his 7 games with 58 targets? Uh, that would be 2.

Rogers had at least 2 catches in each of the 4 games with that nifty, critical Playoff 46 yarder (1 of his 2 targets)  in our Infamous comeback against KC. Andrew targeted TY 18 times in that game. :thmup:

No idea how it will turn out but as they say, don`t believe all you read. Especially from a local cub reporter. JMO

Yes Rogers was in a few plays his 1st game with no balls thrown his way.

the fact that Richardson and Huff went before him is laughable.

That is insanely high for Huff and they took Matthews in the second. Huff is going home to Chip though. Kid had a rough childhood crackhead mom tried to kill him with at 2x4 sure you get the picture from there. Chip kind of took him under his wing. He does know the system and made about every big catch the Ducks needed and will probably step in for Jackson in the return game. 3rd round is at least 2 rounds to early that is shocking I did not realize he went that high.

Eagles are short on WR they have Cooper left who knows the system Macklin coming off knee injury maybe Chip wanted to make sure he got a plug in player I would think that system takes a minute to get use to.

Most receivers take a couple of years to adjust to playing against pro defense's. Sometimes three. Big differences between college and pro players. Veteran defenders sometimes make rookie receivers look bad.

chuckle

As a Rookie, Reggie in 13 games had 27 catches and NO TD`s.  I figure with Peyton, who surely had a better O-Line, Reggie had a better shot at putting up #`s.

Rogers in 4 games had 14 catches in 23 Targets and 2 TD`s.

Hmm! 2 TD`s. And how many Td`s did Andrews fav have last season in his 7 games with 58 targets? Uh, that would be 2.

Rogers had at least 2 catches in each of the 4 games with that nifty, critical Playoff 46 yarder (1 of his 2 targets)  in our Infamous comeback against KC. Andrew targeted TY 18 times in that game. :thmup:

No idea how it will turn out but as they say, don`t believe all you read. Especially from a local cub reporter. JMO

Yes Rogers was in a few plays his 1st game with no balls thrown his way.

We aren't talking about real NFL games we are talking about camp where he should have the upper hand on just about everyone there. It was a bit disappointing to read he was basically taking plays off at camp. Really? There is a reason he has all the skills but had no team.

You are right I am getting info from a forum. 

I am pulling for the guy to get it together I am a fan of the team 6'3 216lbs that was tops at 5/7 events at the combine that sounds pretty good to me. Makes you wonder how he ended up available mid season. The future of Moncrief on one side and Rogers on the other looks really good on paper.

We will see things are going to start coming more clear over the next 2 wks.

imo he wont get a lot of playing time this year,i think they will bring him along slow. too much talent in front of him, if someone in front of him gets hurt he may play some, hard to go with a draft choice the first year when there are vets ahead of him