Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots MNF Victory thread

Snowglobe

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the game has been decided before it has been played. Make no mistake, whether Patriots win or not, there will be nothing easy about it. Believe me when I say that.

Yeah and if NE loses then this thread will be bumped up a lot by you and Vance. ;)

Hmmm...What's gonna win out psychologically speaking...My Alma Mater loyalty to UW-Madison Alumni DE JJ Watt or my fascination with watching DT Vince Wilfork crush pockets almost nonstop up the middle?

My heart says Texans; My head says Patriots. Just a second...I'm flipping a coin...Heads...Just what I thought. I roll with the Texans on this one..

coin_toss.jpeg

I'm not nearly as confident as my Patriots brethren... the Patriots haven't shown me that they can slow down an opponent's passing game enough for me to think this will be anything but a close, hard-fought game. I do think New England wins it, primarily because it's at home and it's going to be sloppy tonight (wet, cold rain). Those weather conditions generally favor the Patriots regardless of who they're playing. But I think it'll be close and come down to the last few possessions.

IMO this isnt a cake walk,if the texans put pressure on King Tom and bang him around a little he loses composure and makes mistakes,not to mention i dont see the Patriots as defensive sensations,so lets all just sit back pop a top :thmup: and see how this all plays out

I'm not nearly as confident as my Patriots brethren... the Patriots haven't shown me that they can slow down an opponent's passing game enough for me to think this will be anything but a close, hard-fought game. I do think New England wins it, primarily because it's at home and it's going to be sloppy tonight (wet, cold rain). Those weather conditions generally favor the Patriots regardless of who they're playing. But I think it'll be close and come down to the last few possessions.

I thank you for your honesty,and it shows me,you not only watch the game but understand it as well.Sounds as if you are one who also watches game within the game

I don't want to root for either....

......what happens if they end in a tie.

What then....???

With the Colts three games back, a tie would pretty much lock up the division for Houston. To take the AFC South, you'd need them to lose to NE (assuming they will beat Minnesota), and then beat them twice. So unless you're happy with the wildcard, you have to join us on the dark side, just for tonight. ;)

Southwest, do you live in Washington or Colorado by any chance?

I live in Wisconsin Snowglobe, but I do have 2 cousins that live in Colorado. This is gonna be a great game tonight. An automatic shoe in for NFL Replay this Tuesday or Wednesday night on NFL Network. By the way JJ, thank for recommending the "Education Of A Coach" to me. A great read. :thmup:

Take the home team. It'll be cold. Texas isn't cold.

I'll make my useless prediction here. NE+10

It might not be easy, but Tom Brady is probably chomping at the bit to start tossing the ball around.

This is a gut call btw. The team with the Cow or Bull on the side of their helmet could very well show up big, and then I would be wrong!

I live in Wisconsin Snowglobe, but I do have 2 cousins that live in Colorado. This is gonna be a great game tonight. An automatic shoe in for NFL Replay this Tuesday or Wednesday night on NFL Network. By the way JJ, thank for recommending the "Education Of A Coach" to me. A great read. :thmup:

you were supposed to say, no, but I'm taking my next vacation in Seattle!

The Texans are not overated in my view of the horizon,the key is pass rush,they mount a good one they are home free

I agree Jay that pass rush is indeed crucial...However...

What mesmerizes me about this game is an almost equally potent ground game on both teams. It boils down to which team's running backs have the best overall endurance by the middle of the 4th quarter IMO.

I am very concerned about this game. I agree with GoPats; our secondary just isn't that good, although it's definitely on the upswing right now.

Perhaps Talib will do a good enough job on Andre to limit his damage. I'm not as worried about Foster, although he is very good.

Offensively I'm not worried. The Patriots should (key word) shred that secondary.

It'll be a close game going into the 4th quarter. I do expect the Patriots to win, but would I be surprised by a Texan win? No, not at all.

Really nervous about this game, its two AFC Juggernauts battling.. The Ravens just lost, so this game is extremely important to the Patriots in order to keep a 1 game lead on them, since they own the tie breaker and would have homefield advantage.. I do NOT want to have to go on the road to Baltimore in the playoffs.

That's why I respect VL, GoPats, Yehoodi, Snowglobe, & Flying Elvis on here...No blind favoritism here, but balanced objectivity.

Good evening southwest. I stayed away from this thread because victory is far from certain. The team that executes better and limits mistakes will win.

I'm so pumped up for this game. In order to be the best you have to beat the best. Right now, that's the 11-1 Texans. I'm just glad this one's at Foxboro.

Off to write my book review of Bill Belichick now..."The Education Of A Coach." The more I learn about Bill; the more I profoundly respect this man...

I'm not a speed demon typist BTW...Please be patient...Trust me, it will be worth the wait...

I'm still in the process of pouring through that one.

My favorite part of it so far was when his mother found some old notebooks in the attic and with her being a french teacher she found his french notebook from high/boarding school and she was wanting to look at him breaking down verbs and eveything but it was littered with x's and o's. I thought that was funny and was guilty of that myself.

You're quite welcome. I thought you might enjoy it. I like the part about stopping Marshall Faulk.

I agree Jay that pass rush is indeed crucial...However...

What mesmerizes me about this game is an almost equally potent ground game on both teams. It boils down to which team's running backs have the best overall endurance by the middle of the 4th quarter IMO.

Im with you on the ground game,they both have a passing attack as well,although they are very different,IMO i think it comes down to the Defense in this one and gotta give the nod to the Texans,given its being played in NE this probably makes for a very good game that could go either way.In all honesty it will be entertaining at the least.And hope the Officiating is not a factor,because what ive seen latley is just disgusting considering they should be the best in the profesion