Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trading for MJD would be BAD!

SubZero

IMO we do not need to get MJD. How much of a slap in the face would that be to Donald?? He finally gets the bulk of the carries and you ditch him for MJD. Donald is primed to have a good year and hes a dynamic player who can pick up big yardage. Honestly MJD is bad news for the colts.

I don't want him neither, besides Jacksonville wouldn't trade him for us.

I think it was discussed it...hmmm...more times than should.

Yeah true and it would show that the Colts cant keep a commitment. They release Addai and tell Brown hes the man, then if they did get MJD Brown would definatly be POed. Also i could tell Brown new it was the breaking point last season, they draft Carter and he took the no. 2 spot but then Brown stepped his game so he knows what to do

Yeah true and it would show that the Colts cant keep a commitment. They release Addai and tell Brown hes the man, then if they did get MJD Brown would definatly be POed. Also i could tell Brown new it was the breaking point last season, they draft Carter and he took the no. 2 spot but then Brown stepped his game so he knows what to do

I think this predicted trade will address our D-line...perhaps a corner. Corners are our biggest concern now.

IMO we do not need to get MJD. How much of a slap in the face would that be to Donald?? He finally gets the bulk of the carries and you ditch him for MJD. Donald is primed to have a good year and hes a dynamic player who can pick up big yardage. Honestly MJD is bad news for the colts.

I am sorry but the notion that anyone thinks the Jags would trade MJD to a division rival is mind-numbing to me. What's more is that the Colts are most certainly not offering a high pick, as Irsay has suggested, for an RB who is closer to the end of his career than the beginning. Plus RB is very clearly not a position of need compared to others on the Colts roster. So that trade is not happening. But what I find amusing is the thought they won't make a move to improve a position because it is a slap in the face to the position's incumbent. The trade ain't happening but I guarantee that is not the reason it won't.

What has DB done in his time as a Colt show that he should get some kind of special treatment? MJD is a proven back that has shown that he can get it done no matter who is throwing the ball. He was a top tier back last year and they were basically dropping eight or nine guys in the box every time. DB could not even consistently get it done with Manning out there throwing the ball.

I said this in another thread and I will say it again. There are many reasons like age, contract, what we would have to give up that we should not trade for MJD, but Donald Brown being on our roster is definitely not one of those reasons.

Listen its bad ownership and poor decision making if they take into account it would be a slap in the face to Brown. No room for feelings in business. You do what is best to get better and in this form of business what is best to win games and super bowls. I think bringing MJD in has its pro's and its con's but at the end of the day if ownership and management doesnt think it is best for the team then they wont trade for him, I would almost garantee Brown's feelings is the last thing on their mind. I was glad to see Manning go, again a business decision. I love the guy and what he did for the town but that isn't to say someone else couldnt step up and do the same thing if given the chance. I was more happy to see us go after a coach for once with some balls. Manning was maybe still is a great quarterback but at the end of the day we were the bride once and one of the bridemaids the other 11 years. It was time for a change and they pulled the trigger which has been so much fun to see. I would love for us to bring a dominant RB something we have not had since Faulk (if anyone says, what about addai or james I will stop being a colts fan) Brown and the other two RB's we have right now could possibly one day be there, but I bringing a guy like MJD in who everyone already knows is a beast would only help Luck succeed. We would instantly become a double threat on offense instead of possibly having a descent running back.

WOW ALL I CAN SAY IS IM GLAD THE JAG ARE HAVING ISSUE WITH DREW BUT I HOPE BROWN CAN DO HIS THING CAUSE DREW, HE IS A BEAST COMING OFF HIS BEST SEASON. BIG MONEY FOR A FEW YEARS BUT WE HAVE MORE MONEY CAP WHISE THEN ANY OTHER TEAM THE NEXT TWO YEARS WHILE LUCKS UNDER HIS ROOKIE CONTRACK, I MEAN THATS JUST ME WE DO HAVE FIRST LOOK AT EVERYONE BEING CUT AFTER WEEK THREE OF.THE PERSEASON WHOEVER THEY TRADE TO GET IM SURE HE WILL BE A UPGRADE JUST HOPE WE DONT GIVE UP TO MUCH.

MJD is nowhere near the end of his career.

2 or 3 more years as a high production back isn't worth a First round pick to us. If we were a more likely to end up with a pick at the back end of the first round, maybe. But I wouldn't trade out of the first 15 picks.

2 or 3 more years as a high production back isn't worth a First round pick to us. If we were a more likely to end up with a pick at the back end of the first round, maybe. But I wouldn't trade out of the first 15 picks.

↑↑↑↑ this

What has DB done in his time as a Colt show that he should get some kind of special treatment? MJD is a proven back that has shown that he can get it done no matter who is throwing the ball. He was a top tier back last year and they were basically dropping eight or nine guys in the box every time. DB could not even consistently get it done with Manning out there throwing the ball.

I said this in another thread and I will say it again. There are many reasons like age, contract, what we would have to give up that we should not trade for MJD, but Donald Brown being on our roster is definitely not one of those reasons.

Averaged 4.8yards per carry on 134 carries last year compared to MJD'S 343 carries and 4.7. I will take the 4.8 and more carries for Donald, if you do the math with the 4.8 ypc and double Donalds carries to 268 then you would see Donald is a pretty good back and would have been top 5 with 268 carries......If he would have gotten the same # of carried MJD did then he would have won the rushing title. The one thing I would like to see from Donald is for him to add about 10 pounds of muscle

I agree, but I still think he has a few good years left in him

This team is NOT trading for an end of his career RB,

They are a dime a dozen .... MJD better realize. fast.

Wait how do you get that MJD is an end of his career RB?

Nobody remembering him splitting carries with Fred Taylor for a good part of his career? It's not like he's been worked to death his entire career.

This team is NOT trading for an end of his career RB,

They are a dime a dozen .... MJD better realize. fast.

I agree 100% John. MJD will get his best deal in Jacksonville with the franchise that knows his talents the best. Michael Lombardi on NFL Network said, "No organization is going to give up a 1st round draft pick for a RB who at best has 3-4 years left." MJD is a special back though, nothing ordinary or run of the mill about Mighty Mouse IMO. I wish he was on a Playoff caliber team though like Houston or Denver for instance.

Listen its bad ownership and poor decision making if they take into account it would be a slap in the face to Brown. No room for feelings in business. You do what is best to get better and in this form of business what is best to win games and super bowls. I think bringing MJD in has its pro's and its con's but at the end of the day if ownership and management doesnt think it is best for the team then they wont trade for him, I would almost garantee Brown's feelings is the last thing on their mind. I was glad to see Manning go, again a business decision. I love the guy and what he did for the town but that isn't to say someone else couldnt step up and do the same thing if given the chance. I was more happy to see us go after a coach for once with some balls. Manning was maybe still is a great quarterback but at the end of the day we were the bride once and one of the bridemaids the other 11 years. It was time for a change and they pulled the trigger which has been so much fun to see. I would love for us to bring a dominant RB something we have not had since Faulk (if anyone says, what about addai or james I will stop being a colts fan) Brown and the other two RB's we have right now could possibly one day be there, but I bringing a guy like MJD in who everyone already knows is a beast would only help Luck succeed. We would instantly become a double threat on offense instead of possibly having a descent running back.

Seriously dude......Edge wasn't a dominating running back?

We don't need MJD. That's an even more Crowded backfield. Keep Brown, Ballard, & Carter. We'll be fine. No reason to get him. And he already said he prefers to stay with JAX. He's just waiting on his new contract. And I don't blame him. Jag fans are gonna see this year who really lead that offense. They probably won't get more than 4 wins