Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need CB Kyle Wilson

BProland85

Hopefully this rumoured trade is for Wilson. I just read that CB Jason McCourty is now not going to be a FA next year since he just signed an extention. Not many CBs are gonna be available in FA, if we're lucky, maybe DRCromatie.

Wilson is only 25, and would be a good starter opposite Powers, and would give us two capable starters for Pagano to groom into stars like he did with Ladarius Webb.

Hopefully all we have to give up is Winston Justice, Vaughn, and maybe a 4th.

Hopefully all we have to give us is Winston Justice, Vaughn, and maybe a 4th.

I'd do that deal. I'd cringe giving up a 4th in next year's draft, but I think I'd still do it. Wilson is under contract through 2014, with a very manageable cap hit.

My only question is about why the Jets would be getting rid of him. He's young, he's healthy, he has a good contract, and they play the Patriots pass-heavy offense twice a year.

I'd do that deal. I'd cringe giving up a 4th in next year's draft, but I think I'd still do it. Wilson is under contract through 2014, with a very manageable cap hit.

My only question is about why the Jets would be getting rid of him. He's young, he's healthy, he has a good contract, and they play the Patriots pass-heavy offense twice a year.

No are y'all mad we don't want a mediocre player we need a player better than powers like cro or jink no a 4th stringer

Honestly, who's worth taking from the Jets' Defense besides Revis? The Jets don't have anyone

I'm glad you said that. I was never impressed with Wilson. He obviously was a disappointment his rookie year if you watched Hard Knocks, and I don't think he's improved much since.

I wouldn't give anything more than a late round pick for him. Besides, are the Jets even floating him or is this a Madden thing?

I'm glad you said that. I was never impressed with Wilson. He obviously was a disappointment his rookie year if you watched Hard Knocks, and I don't think he's improved much since.

I wouldn't give anything more than a late round pick for him. Besides, are the Jets even floating him or is this a Madden thing?

Idk, but Wilson is not Good. Idk why Grigson would go after him. I don't even know why we're talking to the Jets. They have nothing for us.

I don't know why Wilson is even a conversation here. Irsay talked about giving up a high pick for serious veteran starter. 1st of all, Wilson wouldn't demand a high pick, secondly, He's not much of a veteran, and lastly, he wasn't a starter. So again, why are you guy's talking about him?

yeah wilson is now out of the running, irsay said that he's willing giving up a high draft pick. i think it'll be for either dominque rodgers-cromartie or vontae davis.

I would LOVE one of those CBs over Kyle Wilson. Vontae Davis would be amazing!!! He's a great corner and would love to get either DRC or Davis!

I take back my original statement. We need VONTAE DAVIS!!! Now he is being swirled in rumours with a possible trade. I would MUCH rather have Davis since he is proven and is only 24. I would be fine with giving up a 3rd and a starter we dont really need.

Heck Id maybe be ok with a 2nd rounder straight up for Davis.

I take back my original statement. We need VONTAE DAVIS!!! Now he is being swirled in rumours with a possible trade. I would MUCH rather have Davis since he is proven and is only 24. I would be fine with giving up a 3rd and a starter we dont really need.

Heck Id maybe be ok with a 2nd rounder straight up for Davis.

Can you site any of those rumors? I know he looked bad on HK the first week. Since then it seems like he turned the corner (no pun intended) and the coaches like him.

So I'm just curious where you got the rumor?

If we could get as much mileage out of trading for a young stud CB as Denver did trading Portis for Champ Bailey...then I hope it gets done. It is never clear cut as to who will get the better end of a deal involving high draft picks or prominent players until the history is written, but I am fine with them trying.

Trading young HOF Marshall Faulk for a 2nd that turned into Mike Peterson - not the lopsided results I'd be looking for.