Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets Inquiring About Winston Justice

krunk

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

justice has been ok but if we can somehow get kyle wilson for him ill do it. we can always move reitz to rt and linkenbach to lg.

I'd put Reitz at guard and Linkenbach at tackle. Justice isn't that much better the Linkenbach at tackle, so we could weather that storm. Plus, we'll be active on the waiver wire come next week, and could add more depth at tackle if we needed to.

He said the Jets are looking for a RT. Then he speculated that they could have contacted the Colts about Winston Justice. I don't think that's confirmation of anything.

When I'm wrong I can say I am. After looking over it a bit more I can say that you are right. The site I was on listed it

as an inquiry, but when you look closer at Claytons post it's just him wondering if the Jets will take a look at Justice.

Still though I wonder why Justice would be the first name out of Claytons mouth of all 32 teams?

I'd put Reitz at guard and Linkenbach at tackle. Justice isn't that much better the Linkenbach at tackle, so we could weather that storm. Plus, we'll be active on the waiver wire come next week, and could add more depth at tackle if we needed to.

Agree

We have NO depth on O-line. If we start making trades based on the idea that all we need are 5 offensive lineman who can be mediocre-to-adequate starters, Luck is going to get killed when 2 of them go down with injury and we have guys from the stands playing backup O-line.

We have NO depth on O-line. If we start making trades based on the idea that all we need are 5 offensive lineman who can be mediocre-to-adequate starters, Luck is going to get killed when 2 of them go down with injury and we have guys from the stands playing backup O-line.

We have 7 Tackles, 6 Guards and 3 Centers, mcglynn is listed as a G/C he played Center at Philly and I think some Guard to (Not that I have him starting cause I certainly dont), I know thats what he played in Cincy, Thats is depth. Problem is we dont know exactly how versatile they are, We know Link isn't a Right Tackle lol and Mcglynn has no business play Guard

We have 7 Tackles, 6 Guards and 3 Centers, mcglynn is listed as a G/C he played Center at Philly and I think some Guard to (Not that I have him starting cause I certainly dont), I know thats what he played in Cincy, Thats is depth. Problem is we dont know exactly how versatile they are, We know Link isn't a Right Tackle lol and Mcglynn has no business play Guard

The Cardinals line could not have looked worse last night and I guarantee you the have the same approx # of linemen in camp. Do they have depth because of the volume of guys they have currently on the roster? The point is the number you speak of have no meaning as it relates to whether or not the Colts have depth. If none of those guys can play, what do they really have?

One of the rumors was the Colts were looking to possibly ADD more o line to the team.

Just another one of the fabulous rumors. :)

We may find that on the 465 player waiver wire Monday into Tuesday.....I hope the trade is smart for us.....whomever it may be. :

The Cardinals line could not have looked worse last night and I guarantee you the have the same approx # of linemen in camp. Do they have depth because of the volume of guys they have currently on the roster? The point is the number you speak of have no meaning as it relates to whether or not the Colts have depth. If none of those guys can play, what do they really have?

The Redskins and Jets ....especially the Jets....HORRIFIC!!!!

Depth =/= bodies. Even if we don't trade Justice, and the starters end up being Castonzo-Reitz-Satele-McGlynn-Justice. The backups would probably end up being Olsen, Tepper, and Link. Anyone who is a big fan of Link has a very short term memory, and while I think there are things to like about Olsen and Tepper, how comfortable would be be with some combination of Olsen, Tepper, and McGlynn starting all season? What happens when a starter gets hurt? We don't have depth just because we have a bunch of guys on the roster.

I certainly don`t know that about McGlynn. We will see. That IS the one spot of concern.

Justice played VERY WELL against the Steelers.

Am I crazy for thinking McGlynn should be cut? Olsen and Tepper have played better....maybe I am being too hard on him? NOT? Pagano actually talked admirably about his leadership......but he almost got number 12 annihilated.....with help from Justice...Tepper is without question the 'strongest' physically....

He THREW Vick Ballard five yards in game 1..

Link sucks IMO. Reitz is kicking butt, and he does have pretty good feet.

Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread (too enamored with the Irsay/Trade speculation thread), but by 'he does have pretty good feet', are you referring to his ability to play RT, or kick butt, or stimulate Rex Ryan?

Am I crazy for thinking McGlynn should be cut? Olsen and Tepper have played better....maybe I am being too hard on him? NOT? Pagano actually talked admirably about his leadership......but he almost got number 12 annihilated.....with help from Justice...Tepper is without question the 'strongest' physically....

He THREW Vick Ballard five yards in game 1..

Even if Olsen and Tepper have been better... What happens when one of them, or Reitz, gets hurt?

If people around here got their way, McGlynn would be cut, and Justice would be traded, and our starters would be Castonzo-Reitz-Satele-Olsen-Linkenbach (which I don't like at all), and the backups would be Shipley and Olsen, and a bunch of guys nobody is impressed with.

What happens if Castonzo gets injured? I mean, let's say Castonzo and Reitz can't play in a game at some point int the season. Are we really comfortable with a line of Foster-Tepper-Satele-Olsen-Link, with, I dunno, Hicks and Baker or someone we sign that week coming in to give those guys some rest?

Actually, in reality, if people around here got their way Link would be cut too, and we'd go into the season with Castonzo-Tepper-Satele-Olsen-Reitz, and no backups at all.

Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread (too enamored with the Irsay/Trade speculation thread), but by 'he does have pretty good feet', are you referring to his ability to play RT, or kick butt, or stimulate Rex Ryan?

I don't see why they're mutually exclusive...

Even if Olsen and Tepper have been better... What happens when one of them, or Reitz, gets hurt?

If people around here got their way, McGlynn would be cut, and Justice would be traded, and our starters would be Castonzo-Reitz-Satele-Olsen-Linkenbach (which I don't like at all), and the backups would be Shipley and Olsen, and a bunch of guys nobody is impressed with.

What happens if Castonzo gets injured? I mean, let's say Castonzo and Reitz can't play in a game at some point int the season. Are we really comfortable with a line of Foster-Tepper-Satele-Olsen-Link, with, I dunno, Hicks and Baker or someone we sign that week coming in to give those guys some rest?

Actually, in reality, if people around here got their way Link would be cut too, and we'd go into the season with Castonzo-Tepper-Satele-Olsen-Reitz, and no backups at all.

Good comment...really happy our OL had a full camp......and it is obvious the waiver wire is looming...trades...

I for one think AQ Shipley is a bad Jose! Looked bad in the backfield :)......this guy will blow someone out at guard....if given the chance.

I have been extremely impressed with Shipley, and Jason Foster has quietly played well. George Foster looks to me like he is 5 years younger....465 players hitting the waiver wire.

I understand your concerns...I have the same....but Olsen and Tepper have been BETTER than McGlynn, and as sad as it is Link is better than Justice. Let the 'trade winds blow.' Lets see if Griggs is willing to say...."I made mistakes" with Justice and McGlynn...

BTW, I think Justice stays.....a decision needs made on McGlynn!

I have been extremely impressed with Shipley, and Jason Foster has quietly played well. George Foster looks to me like he is 5 years younger....465 players hitting the waiver wire.

I understand your concerns...I have the same....but Olsen and Tepper have been BETTER than McGlynn, and as sad as it is Link is better than Justice. Let the 'trade winds blow.' Lets see if Griggs is willing to say...."I made mistakes" with Justice and McGlynn...

BTW, I think Justice stays.....a decision needs made on McGlynn!

Don't ya think its a little too early to say McGlynn and Justice were mistakes? For the record, I think Justice is getting an unfair shake. He's performed adequately IMO.

Don't ya think its a little too early to say McGlynn and Justice were mistakes? For the record, I think Justice is getting an unfair shake. He's performed adequately IMO.

Balzer, just a point...to see inside a new GM and coach's mind. At the end I did say Justice stays. If he stays and keeps Jerry Hughes fired up...ALL FOR IT!!!!

If McGlynn is truly a leader, he needs to show by example on the field....not just in practice.

Remember, the Castonzo's, Reitz's....Olsen's, Teppers...did not have a camp last year.....Ijalana too....4 of the 5 got hurt....and Tepper was on the couch eating bon bons.....I will trust the decision of Pags and Grigs....on the OL....and Mr. Goodwin.

Edited by BrentMc11

When I'm wrong I can say I am. After looking over it a bit more I can say that you are right. The site I was on listed it

as an inquiry, but when you look closer at Claytons post it's just him wondering if the Jets will take a look at Justice.

Still though I wonder why Justice would be the first name out of Claytons mouth of all 32 teams?

I think Clayton has been told that the Jets want a right tackle, and he knows the Colts are involved in trade talks, so his mind goes directly to our right tackle. I didn't take his comment as a report or a confirmation of a report. Didn't mean to make a big deal out of it, but a lot of so-called reports or confirmations these days are just blustery comments that don't contain any credible information.

Balzer, just a point...to see inside a new GM and coach's mind. At the end I did say Justice stays. If he stays and keeps Jerry Hughes fired up...ALL FOR IT!!!!

If McGlynn is truly a leader, he needs to show by example on the field....not just in practice.

Remember, the Castonzo's, Reitz's....Olsen's, Teppers...did not have a camp last year.....Ijalana too....4 of the 5 got hurt....and Tepper was on the couch eating bon bons.....I will trust the decision of Pags and Grigs....on the OL....and Mr. Goodwin.

what do you mean they didn't have a camp last yr.? I was at camp 6 times last yr. and met every one of these guy's. (except Olsen)