Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN right now!

P-Money

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are the best team in the AFC South. Based on both last year's results and the healthiness of this year's team. I can tell you the Bulls on Parade aren't worried about 12, a rookie quarterback who has played in one preseason game. They are actually probably licking their chops at that offensive line of yours. The Texans have only been around for a single decade, dude! Get your popcorn ready for a decade of a new dominant team in this division.

LOL I made a big argument saying how obnoxious it was for Colts fans to say what you just said. Thanks Qwiz.

My sentiments exactly. He comes here and accuses Colts fans of homerism, and then makes comments like that.

I understand the fan mentality and "his team will be the best". But even that was a little far fetched.

If I know anything about the NFL, anything can happen in just one year. i.e. 2010-2011 Texans defense and 1998-1999 Colts

LOL I made a big argument saying how obnoxious it was for Colts fans to say what you just said. Thanks Qwiz.

It might be less obnoxious for a Texans fan than a Colts fan, at least right now. That defense has a lot of potential, and the offense has been good for several years now, injuries notwithstanding. I don't blame Texans fans for being optimistic.

But yeah, it's still super obnoxious. Especially when you've won exactly ONE division title in the history of the franchise. That doesn't necessarily mean anything moving forward, obviously. The Texans are going to be good. But dominant? For a decade? I don't know. They're shaping up to be much more like the Ravens than the Colts or Patriots. Nothing wrong with the Ravens; they've been really good for a long time, but they have traded punches with the Steelers more than dominated the division.

When your team stinks year after year and you get to draft top 10 tier players year after year its about time the Texans should be good. The Colts never drafted any better than 24th in line the entire last decade. So yes 2-14 does have its perks. And the Colts will be back on top of the AFC South sooner than you think

I've been in wayyy too many arguments here. Did I come here for debate? No, I came to get a feel of another team's fanbase. But, if you put cats and dogs together...

Qwiz, it looks like all is in good fun now after a much spirited debate. By the way, I ran into your shrink at the grocery store today - turns out you and I go to the same one (not grocery store). Anyway, after a quick recap of this thread, he suggested that there was a simple phenomenon occurring. He called it mutual fear. In his professional opinion you are just as afraid that Luck will be as good or better than what he has shown so far as I am that he won't be. He says that tends to bring out some odd posturing in absence of definitive data - mutually of course.

Though this is my only contribution to the thread I've enjoyed reading through it, and find it to be an intriguing example of the state of the union.

When I say "you" I'm not saying you in particular, I'm saying anyone. Jim Caldwell was part of another debate I got into on here once with Superman, Donald Brown's criticism is not too hard to fathom, Jacob Lacey I have no idea what could be wrong with him. I'm not the only one who's called out the unrealistic fans, I'm just the only one who seems to get caught doing it. There's a point when it's funny and when it's just annoying. This is a message board, there are going to be differing opinions, but idiocacy is idiocacy.

because you are sitting here saying you are just being realistic and going after our fans for being homers while you have admitted in this thread you are a homer at times too. Again it's not your place to come in here and tell Colts fans what they may or may not get excited about. When you do that and say you are just being realistic and admit you are being a homer and talk about getting ready for a new team to dominate the division you are going to rub people the wrong way because you are no longer being realistic you are being a Texans fan yelling at Colts fans for being Colts fans on their own message board.

Yeah, beating an expansion team with no offensive line and just all around bad coaching for the majority of their existence is really something to be proud about. And your owner got rid of the guy who was the reason for that...without Manning who knows what your win loss record would have looked like the past ten years.

Hey Texans fan! You have won the division..................ONCE ! So, check yourself at the one hit wonder door !

Qwiz, it looks like all is in good fun now after a much spirited debate. By the way, I ran into your shrink at the grocery store today - turns out you and I go to the same one (not grocery store). Anyway, after a quick recap of this thread, he suggested that there was a simple phenomenon occurring. He called it mutual fear. In his professional opinion you are just as afraid that Luck will be as good or better than what he has shown so far as I am that he won't be. He says that tends to bring out some odd posturing in absence of definitive data - mutually of course.

Though this is my only contribution to the thread I've enjoyed reading through it, and find it to be an intriguing example of the state of the union.

Your shrink...does he exist?

because you are sitting here saying you are just being realistic and going after our fans for being homers while you have admitted in this thread you are a homer at times too. Again it's not your place to come in here and tell Colts fans what they may or may not get excited about. When you do that and say you are just being realistic and admit you are being a homer and talk about getting ready for a new team to dominate the division you are going to rub people the wrong way because you are no longer being realistic you are being a Texans fan yelling at Colts fans for being Colts fans on their own message board.

it's pointless. No matter what I say it always comes down to me being a Texans fan. You'll ignore the good posts I make and then pick apart what you perceive to be cockiness or homerism. I'm just going to say this, one more time: Homerism makes sense. Duh. It happens. But when that homerism exceeds its limits, i.e. one saying that Luck is going to beat the Packers 776-12 at the Super Bowl, then I will call one out on it. I am not the only one; I've said time and time again that other posters call out other posters, and the ONLY reason I'm attacked is because I'm a Texans fan. Never mind the guy who obnoxiously goes "the Texans shelf time is limited." I respond to it and then bam flame war.

Hey Texans fan! You have won the division..................ONCE ! So, check yourself at the one hit wonder door !

After reading your username, I see why your comment is so atrocious. I'll just move on to the other posters worth debating with...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 18, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, August 18, 2012 - inflammatory

And that's all you have to show for it? Funny, cause weren't the Texans one of those W's?? hmm ok. And what about the year we went to Miami & won Super bowl 41 while you guys sat at home? What about the Pro Bowls Reggie Wayne & Peyton went to while your players watched them on a TV? Yeah, ok

Pro Bowls have nothing to do with this debate. Neither does the fact you beat a fifth-round rookie quarterback. Kindly excuse yourself from this discussion, dude.

Come on Vance. I guess one can't see how facetious I was being through a computer screen. Why would I claim a decade of dominance in my right mind? We don't have Luck, remember?

Defense seemed to carry the Ravens, Steelers, etc fan bases for mant years.

You change your "angles" to fit your opinions.

That just doesn't work around here.

Maybe on a Texans board, but not here.

Too bad I'm not a member of the Texans board. Nice assumption, though.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 18, 2012 - responding to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, August 18, 2012 - responding to removed post

After reading your username, I see why your comment is so atrocious. I'll just move on to the other posters worth debating with...

Sensitive are we? You Texans fans have the potential to be worst than the Patriots fans on this forum. ONCE...haha.

This guy seems to think he's some kind of forum royalty! Hello, D.A. this a Colts forum you are going to hear plenty

or things you don't like.

When your fanbase stops crying about him and *ically comparing him to the new guy, then yes, we can stop calling him your guy. Even though, you know, he's the only reason Indy is a football town and not a basketball one anymore.

Oh go away!

No one cares about your pessimistic drivel.

We can be as "*ic" and optimistic as we want about "our" team.

If I were you, I'd be more worried how many of "your" defensive players are gonna miss games this year for roids.

Heck, thats not even taking into consideration your QBs made of glass.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

PLEASE!

Sensitive are we? You Texans fans have the potential to be worst than the Patriots fans on this forum. ONCE... haha.

This guy seems to think he's some kind of forum royalty! Hello, D.A. this a Colts forum you are going to hear plenty

or things you don't like.

There you go making things up. Where do I claim royalty? If I was sensitive I wouldn't be keeping up an out-of-line debate with half of the members on this board.

Oh go away!

No one cares about your pessimistic drivel.

We can be as "*ic" and optimistic as we want about "our" team.

If I were you, I'd be more worried how many of "your" defensive players are gonna miss games this year for roids.

Heck, thats not even taking into consideration your QBs made of glass.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

PLEASE!

I have nothing to say to you. Your hate of the Texans is glaring. I'm not going anywhere, whether you like it or not.

it's pointless. No matter what I say it always comes down to me being a Texans fan. You'll ignore the good posts I make and then pick apart what you perceive to be cockiness or homerism. I'm just going to say this, one more time: Homerism makes sense. Duh. It happens. But when that homerism exceeds its limits, i.e. one saying that Luck is going to beat the Packers 776-12 at the Super Bowl, then I will call one out on it. I am not the only one; I've said time and time again that other posters call out other posters, and the ONLY reason I'm attacked is because I'm a Texans fan. Never mind the guy who obnoxiously goes "the Texans shelf time is limited." I respond to it and then bam flame war.

No it doesn't and you are the one who admited to being a homer. So don't get mad at me for something you called yourself.

I haven't seen one person say the Colts are going to beat the Packers 776-12 in the Super Bowl. Again you are making stuff up just to try to get under Colts fans skin. That's trolling. No one is attacking you because you are Texan fan they are upset with you because of what I said above. You are telling Colts fans what they are alloud to be excited about and what they aren't alloud to be excited about and telling Colts fans they can't be homers on their own forum while admiting at times you can be a homer yourself.

Again you need to recongize where you are at. It's the COLTS forum not the Texans or a general NFL forum. This is a spot for Colts fans to hang out and if they are homers fine so be it this is their designated spot to do that. You are more than welcome to be here but you know what know where you are. Like I said before the way you are responding to people is like going to an AA meeing and complaining they are talking about alchol.

What is upsetting people is how sure you are of yourself and your team while yelling at Colts fans for being sure of their team. It's a lot of pot calling the kettle black going on.

No it doesn't and you are the one who admited to being a homer. So don't get mad at me for something you called yourself.

I haven't seen one person say the Colts are going to beat the Packers 776-12 in the Super Bowl. Again you are making stuff up just to try to get under Colts fans skin. That's trolling. No one is attacking you because you are Texan fan they are upset with you because of what I said above. You are telling Colts fans what they are alloud to be excited about and what they aren't alloud to be excited about and telling Colts fans they can't be homers on their own forum while admiting at times you can be a homer yourself.

Again you need to recongize where you are at. It's the COLTS forum not the Texans or a general NFL forum. This is a spot for Colts fans to hang out and if they are homers fine so be it this is their designated spot to do that. You are more than welcome to be here but you know what know where you are. Like I said before the way you are responding to people is like going to an AA meeing and complaining they are talking about alchol.

What is upsetting people is how sure you are of yourself and your team while yelling at Colts fans for being sure of their team. It's a lot of pot calling the kettle black going on.

I was exaggerating with the Super Bowl thing, not making things up. You seem to take a lot of what I say way out of context. Do you know how this whole thing started? Because I responded to the guy saying that my team is going to have limited success. Is that not the exact same thing you're saying I shouldn't do? Telling others that they can't be excited? Yes I can be a homer, but, again, my homerism is reasonable. There is always a limit to the homerism, where it is just borderline ridiculous. You are still missing my point, my friend. Just go back to the first page of this thread and you'll see it for yourself. I'm not trying to be a nuisance, believe me.

I have nothing to say to you. Your hate of the Texans is glaring. I'm not going anywhere, whether you like it or not.

We don't hate the Texans, we just don't look at the Texans as much of a overall threat to us. Remember you only beat

us a handful of times, so there is no resentment built up. How about dominating us for 12 years then we'll talk.

Come on Vance. I guess one can't see how facetious I was being through a computer screen. Why would I claim a decade of dominance in my right mind? We don't have Luck, remember?

I hope you have a doctor in the family, cuz with all the typing you're doing you are surely gonna need some surgery.

And I'll bet the reason you aren't on a Texans board is because they threw you and your wacky posts out!

You call it discussion, WE view it as stubborn, jealous arguing.

Theres one word for you......... TROLL.

Hey Mods, where you at?

Congrats, you are now a member of my IGNORE list (and it takes ALOT to get there).

I'd advise the rest of Colt fans here to do the same.

You said in one post how we we got Luck because we were the worst team in the league. Granted, but you are a hypocrite because you fail to realize the only reason you have that big , good WR and HALF of your team is because "your" team was at the "bottom of the barrel" for more than half of "your" franchise's life!

We don't hate the Texans, we just don't look at the Texans as much of a overall threat to us. Remember you only beat

us a handful of times, so there is no resentment built up. How about dominating us for 12 years then we'll talk.

That is still irrelevant to this discussion. This is about the future, not the past.

I hope you have a doctor in the family, cuz with all the typing you're doing you are surely gonna need some surgery.

And I'll bet the reason you aren't on a Texans board is because they threw you and your wacky posts out!

You call it discussion, WE view it as stubborn, jealous arguing.

Theres one word for you......... TROLL.

Hey Mods, where you at?

Congrats, you are now a member of my IGNORE list (and it takes ALOT to get there).

I'd advise the rest of Colt fans here to do the same.

You said in one post how we we got Luck because we were the worst team in the league. Granted, but you are a hypocrite because you fail to realize the only reason you have that big , good WR and HALF of your team is because "your" team was at the "bottom of the barrel" for more than half of "your" franchise's life!

Yes, I definitely care that you put me on your ignore list. Thank you.

That is still irrelevant to this discussion. This is about the future, not the past.

The future is a direct result of the past.

Sheesh, this is too easy.

Come back when the Texans win more than ONE playoff game.

You might have Peyton as the head of that picture, but YOUR face should be on the other end.

:lol::applause:

I don't hate the Texans, they aren't even on my radar.

It's you!

wake up.

So you hate a guy you've never met before for standing up for his team? Alright. Whatever you say, bro. I guess you can just spew whatever you want and get ignored while I will more than likely get flamed for making this statement.

Ok. How about this? Hurry up and win something in the next couple years, because we will be back soon. How's that

for the future. lmao

Yeah, I'll be in my sold-out-for-every-game stadium cheering my team as they win. For the record, the Texans have only been in existence for ten years, so I don't know what team the Colts were dominating for the twelve that you mentioned. I'll also be watching 12 and hoping that he does well this season.

I'm not trying to be a nuisance, believe me.

Believe me, you don't have to TRY to be a nuisance.

Just TRY to be a little polite and SENSITIVE that THIS is a COLTS board.

What the heck kind of response did you expect?

You have a dozen or more people here that are tired of your "schtick".

It was old a looonnnggg time ago.

Heck, even your brother-in-Texan fandom Vance seems tired of it.

We have ALOT to be optimistic about.

A GREAT new QB prospect , an exciting new defensive scheme, a potentially GREAT draft class, etc, etc, etc.

Sorry dude, but your opinions or arguments just aren't shared here.

Surprise, surprise.

Whats that I smell in the air? Cowpatties?

Nope, I think its fear!

Yeah, I'll be in my sold-out-for-every-game stadium cheering my team as they win. For the record, the Texans have only been in existence for ten years, so I don't know what team the Colts were dominating for the twelve that you mentioned. I'll also be watching 12 and hoping that he does well this season.

This guys awesome! He read my post, quickly replied. Then, Google'd Houston Texans, and re-edited his

post to this. FUN!

So you hate a guy you've never met before for standing up for his team? Alright. Whatever you say, bro. I guess you can just spew whatever you want and get ignored while I will more than likely get flamed for making this statement.

I don't hate you Quiz!

Sheesh, how old are you?

You just are seemingly trolling on this board because we LIKE where our franchise is going.

There are soooo many similarities to when Peyton came in the league.

WE ARE EXCITED for the future of this team.

No one here has bad-mouthed the Texans except to strike back at your comments.

I, and it appears the rest of the board, aren't really nervous about the Texans going forward.

Its YOU that seems to hate us for being so optimistic. Well, sorry to ruin your party but thats the way it is on a Colts board.

Seriously, grow up and play nice.

You could learn alot from your buddy Vance.

Believe me, you don't have to TRY to be a nuisance.

Just TRY to be a little polite and SENSITIVE that THIS is a COLTS board.

What the heck kind of response did you expect?

You have a dozen or more people here that are tired of your "schtick".

It was old a looonnnggg time ago.

Heck, even your brother-in-Texan fandom Vance seems tired of it.

We have ALOT to be optimistic about.

A GREAT new QB prospect , an exciting new defensive scheme, a potentially GREAT draft class, etc, etc, etc.

Sorry dude, but your opinions or arguments just aren't shared here.

Surprise, surprise.

Whats that I smell in the air? Cowpatties?

Nope, I think its fear!

I think your cowpatties insult would be more properly suited for a Cowboys fan. We don't all live on ranches down here, dude. Don't be so narrow-minded. Yes, you can be optimistic; I applaud optimism. Like I've said probably ten times now, a lot of what I see here is not optimism. What I see is a lot of spoiled, for lack of a better word, fans who are going to give their new quarterback hades for not winning and taking them to the playoffs immediately. A lot of people seem to forget that he is not Peyton. Those same people hold the same expectations from Luck as they would Peyton, as well.

This guys awesome! He read my post, quickly replied. Then, Google'd Houston Texans, and re-edited his

post to this. FUN!

I probably know more about my team than you know about Peyton's funniest line of scrimmage dance. I just barely registered what you were saying due to the numerous amount of posts I've been replying to. You were wrong, just admit it.

I told you he was a TROLL!

Where are the mods when you really need them?

We need some "night-owl" mods who don't sleep like the rest of us.

haha

I love how you just completely ignored my comment that I will be rooting for 12 this year too. Or do you not know who 12 is? You're going to get in trouble for name calling, something I'm going to refuse to partake in this time. I know it won't be your first offense, either.