Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts TC (day 3) coverage today on the NFL channel

Malakai432

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why this caught my attention, but yes, I like the way Stanton throws. Always have. I liked the trade for him. He's a decent backup.

Yeah, I'm not personally to familiar with him but it definitely seems like he's a feasible backup.

For those interested here are some quick notes by me.

1. I need an intervention, I've gone to all 3 now (I live close) and I hope to catch many more.

2. Powers looked great out there today. He broke up some catches, and got two interceptions on Reggie Wayne in earlier drills.

3. Brown looked smooth in the majority of running plays they ran.

4. Ross looked great in early drills, including one TD catch in the corner of the end zone.

5. Adams had, in my opinion the highlight on the day by getting open for a smooth deep ball catch from Harnish down the sideline.

6.Vinatieri made all kicks including a 50 yarder. (and much to the entertainment of fans, a camera man up in a scissor lift caught one of the kicks)

7. Hilton had a a nice touchdown across the middle from Luck, but was intercepted by Zbikowski in early drills.

8. Allen had some great blocking, but both tight ends were a bit underwhelming this afternoon compared to previous practices.

1. I need an intervention, I've gone to all 3 now (I live close) and I hope to catch many more.

2. Powers looked great out there today. He broke up some catches, and got two interceptions on Reggie Wayne in earlier drills.

4. Ross looked great in early drills, including one TD catch in the corner of the end zone.

5. Adams had, in my opinion the highlight on the day by getting open for a smooth deep ball catch from Harnish down the sideline.

6.Vinatieri made all kicks including a 50 yarder. (and much to the entertainment of fans, a camera man up in a scissor lift caught one of the kicks)

7. Hilton had a a nice touchdown across the middle from Luck, but was intercepted by Zbikowski in early drills.

8. Allen had some great blocking, but both tight ends were a bit underwhelming this afternoon compared to previous practices.

Excellent, seems like some positives on both sides of the ball.

Thanks for the info....we were seeing TV stuff. There is no substitute to being there. For example, I saw Ross droppng passes. So hopefully I was wrong. The same with an earlier post on Hughes being leveled by DB twice. What I saw I liked. Any opinions on Andre Smith or Dominique Jones at TE? Thanks funktacious

I saw a tweet that said Jerry Hughes got laid out flat...twice...by Donald Brown. :thmup::facepalm:

goodbye Jerry...

Acutally, hughes got an interception today. Not saying I don't agree with you to an extent. Just an interesting fact.

Jerry Hughes is actually doing well at camp.

Correcting Luck's line, he threw 1 interception. Jerry Hughes made a nice play on a tipped pass near the goal line. #ColtsCamp

— George Bremer (@gmbremer)

July 31, 2012

Most impressive LB in first individual drill? Jerry Hughes, who was trucking tight ends. #ColtsCamp

— George Bremer (@gmbremer)

July 31, 2012

Jerry Hughes is actually doing well at camp.

Then again it is camp

Then again it is camp

Absolutely. Not pumping him up. Just combating the idea that because he got beat on a couple plays that it means he's having a bad camp. Conversely, just because he did well on a couple plays doesn't mean he's having a good camp, although hearing an observer say that he's one of the standouts at a position that includes Freeney and Mathis is encouraging. And even if he is having a good camp, that doesn't mean he'll have a good season. I would assume that a player having a good camp would make the final roster, though. We'll see. I've learned not to trust Jerry Hughes' preseason performances. He had a good camp last year, too.

Pass blocking drills had Mathis taking on Fleener... I think Mathis wanted to teach the kid something , because he didn't hold back at all and blew #80's pads right off of him.

I don't think our tight ends and linemen will see better pass rushers all season than the guys they'll be facing in practice every day. Better buckle up that chin strap.

I am disappointed that tonight's NFL Access has not shown much of what we saw today!

I get way too much Bengal 'stuff' here. Got more tonight. I do love the one-on-one with QB and running back....between everybody. That is a rush!

One thing I noticed this evening was Jerry Hughes running over #46 TE Dominique Jones. Earlier what we believed to be Scott Lutrus flattened TE Kyle Miller. This is important because Pagano had praised Jone's athleticism in mini camps and OTAs. Good luck Jerry Hughes.

Thanks to Malakai and the folks on early for some great analysis, humor and fun!!!

I am disappointed that tonight's NFL Access has not shown much of what we saw today!

I get way too much Bengal 'stuff' here. Got more tonight. I do love the one-on-one with QB and running back....between everybody. That is a rush!

One thing I noticed this evening was Jerry Hughes running over #46 TE Dominique Jones. Earlier what we believed to be Scott Lutrus flattened TE Kyle Miller. This is important because Pagano had praised Jone's athleticism in mini camps and OTAs. Good luck Jerry Hughes.

Thanks to Malakai and the folks on early for some great analysis, humor and fun!!!

No Problem Brent, Glad we could make your Afternoon Joyful during the Live TC

I'm one of those very interested. I would love to hear more. Is it true that King is starting opposite Powers?

I'm one of those very interested. I would love to hear more. Is it true that King is starting opposite Powers?

Thomas was originally starting opposite Powers, but they've done a lot of rotating so King did start opposite Powers for a few sets, but I couldn't tell you if it was done to distribute reps or if they simply believed he was the best player to put there. I haven't seen him get an interception yet, but he's broken up some plays, and was able to win on some mismatches with tight ends.. The only thing I can say for sure is that Thomas hasn't been consistent yet so I know longer agree with some analysts when they call him the presumed 2nd CB. It's probably still very much up for grabs.

Thomas was originally starting opposite Powers, but they've done a lot of rotating so King did start opposite Powers for a few sets, but I couldn't tell you if it was done to distribute reps or if they simply believed he was the best player to put there. I haven't seen him get an interception yet, but he's broken up some plays, and was able to win on some mismatches with tight ends.. The only thing I can say for sure is that Thomas hasn't been consistent yet so I know longer agree with some analysts when they call him the presumed 2nd CB. It's probably still very much up for grabs.

:) It is pretty bad when a duck is better than Charlie Casserly, Jamey Dukes and the worthless NFL Network crew! Thanks funky duck! :)