Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aubrayo Franklin

Nobody

I've wanted this move for a while. Either way, he knows how to play Nose, and would be a big upgrade over Mookie. Sign him for a short deal and he's the best Nose on the roster, until Chapman learns the game.

Franklin > Mookie/McKinney

Exactly. He would be the best NT on the roster. Chapman could play below him for two or three years.

I'd rather see what Anunoby can do and Chapman

we got enough NTs like mckinnely, chapman, AJ, and chigbo anunoby

we could cut Mookie and sign him.

Exactly. He would be the best NT on the roster. Chapman could play below him for two or three years.

we could cut Mookie and sign him.

Mookie couldn't beat his one on one assignment in a 4-3 often, no way will he draw a double team, Anunoby is explosive strong at the point of attack and sheds blocks well, same as Chapman although I have some rservations about how strong that ankle will be even after it heals all the way

I could be wrong but i thought i read some where his knees are shot that's why he has not been signed. I could be Wrong.

I was going to say I am sure there is some reason why grigson hasn't signed him and I am sure it's not that grigson has over looked him. What the exact reason is I don't know but if what you said right that's a darn good reason not to sign him.

I was going to say I am sure there is some reason why grigson hasn't signed him and I am sure it's not that grigson has over looked him. What the exact reason is I don't know but if what you said right that's a darn good reason not to sign him.

and an even dumber reason to draft him, obviously Grigson had to know of Chapmans injury to some extent before he drafted him but all a moot point now I suppose especially if we do sign him

and an even dumber reason to draft him, obviously Grigson had to know of Chapmans injury to some extent before he drafted him but all a moot point now I suppose especially if we do sign him

Did you not like the pick? I thought he was an absolute steal. He wouldve been gone day 2 if not for that injury.

Did you not like the pick? I thought he was an absolute steal. He wouldve been gone day 2 if not for that injury.

I liked the pick but prefered Ta'amu and if the reason for Chapman not being signed yet is because of that ACL then that is a cause for concern and makes me wish Grigson went with Ta'amu even more, I think both have a chance of being beasts on their teams but even moreso with Ta'amu because look who he has to learn from and not to mention he is healthy, once again its not that I didn't like the pick but at the same time I didn't follow him in college and didn't know about injury concerns with him until after the draft

I liked the pick but prefered Ta'amu and if the reason for Chapman not being signed yet is because of that ACL then that is a cause for concern and makes me wish Grigson went with Ta'amu even more, I think both have a chance of being beasts on their teams but even moreso with Ta'amu because look who he has to learn from and not to mention he is healthy, once again its not that I didn't like the pick but at the same time I didn't follow him in college and didn't know about injury concerns with him until after the draft

Ta'amu was selected before Chapman, almost 30 picks before. Ta'amu has a problem controlling his weight. We've already signed Chapman. Also, I'm going to take Grigson's side on this, because this opinion of yours is after admitting you didn't follow him, not to mention you think Favre is the greatest player of all time. I really think Chapman is a steal.

Several points....

First, Chapman signed back on May 22nd... here's the link....

http://forums.colts....ge__hl__chapman

Second, I love the Chapman pick.... one of my favorites in the draft... he was likely a 3rd round pick if healthy. And it's incredibly impressive that he continued to play the rest of the season with a torn ligament in a knee. Hurt in October, had the surgery in January so he could help his team.

Third, we don't know that Grigson didn't like Ta'amu better... but he went in the 4th round and we had traded that pick. Perhaps Grigson didn't think Ta'amu was better enough to warrant a trade? Who knows? Or, perhaps Grigson liked Chapman better? It's possible. Remember, Ta'amu is not a pass rusher. He's a run stuffer. And for what little it's worth lots of schools ran all over Washington the last two years, including a school record 446 by Stanford this year. Maybe it wasn't Ta'amu's fault,

Fourth, as to Franklin, perhaps he's not healthy. Perhaps he's asking for too much. But when someone that good is still a free agent this late, there's something going on. Typically, it's one of three things. Money, health, or he's not a good fit for the system of the team looking for help.

It's not like Grigson is not aware of a guy like that still being on the FA market. Grigson knows. So far, there's no love connection. Go figure......

NewColtsFan

Ta'amu was selected before Chapman, almost 30 picks before. Ta'amu has a problem controlling his weight. Also, I'm going to take Grigsons side on this, because this opinion of yours is after admitting you didn't follow him, not to mention you think Favre is the greatest player of all time. I really think Chapman is a steal.

1.I know he was selected before Chapman in the 4th round if I remember correctly the same 4th round we traded out of so if we keep the pick we could have drafted him seeing as how we had an early pick 2nd in that round if I remember correctly

2.I will take a guy with weight issues given our coaching staff could have helped him with that over a guy whos got an ankle injury who everyone passed on until the 5th round, if so many were concerned of Ta'amus weight concern as opposed to Chapmans ACL then why did Ta'amu get drafted earlier

3.not sure what Favre has to do with Ta'amu, Chapman, Grigson or the Colts in general although you should look Favres stats up sometime they do in fact say he is the greatest of all time and as many say, you cant argue stats

4. Chapman may prove to be a steal yet but so far he is in fact an injury concern with potential

in other words I will take a guy who fluctuates in weight over a guy I dont even know will see the field in his first year (seems like a stretch and likely is but training camp is approaching)

1.I know he was selected before Chapman in the 4th round if I remember correctly the same 4th round we traded out of so if we keep the pick we could have drafted him seeing as how we had an early pick 2nd in that round if I remember correctly

2.I will take a guy with weight issues given our coaching staff could have helped him with that over a guy whos got an ankle injury who everyone passed on until the 5th round, if so many were concerned of Ta'amus weight concern as opposed to Chapmans ACL then why did Ta'amu get drafted earlier

3.not sure what Favre has to do with Ta'amu, Chapman, Grigson or the Colts in general although you should look Favres stats up sometime they do in fact say he is the greatest of all time and as many say, you cant argue stats

4. Chapman may prove to be a steal yet but so far he is in fact an injury concern with potential

in other words I will take a guy who fluctuates in weight over a guy I dont even know will see the field in his first year (seems like a stretch and likely is but training camp is approaching)

A couple of quick points. Ta'amu just didn't have weight fluctuation, he had weight problems. At one point he was weighing over 400lbs! He was also very inconsistant and thats why he fell so far. Also, where is the ankle injury referrence coming from? The ACL is in his knee. Did he have an additional ankle injury? The only ankle injury I know of is Costanzo.

I've wanted this move for a while. Either way, he knows how to play Nose, and would be a big upgrade over Mookie. Sign him for a short deal and he's the best Nose on the roster, until Chapman learns the game.

Franklin > Mookie/McKinney

Agree been wanting him signed for 2 months,we all talked about it awhile ago.But here comes the Big But he must have an injury issue we do not know about to still be on the market.Several NTs have been picked up and hes still there so?

1) Draft order doesn't mean anything. Why was Alex Smith taken before Aaron Rodgers? A better example would be Arian Foster falling because of injury from a day 2 prospect to undrafted. I will take Hilton and Chapman over Ta'amu, if we thought Hilton would be gone, then glad we got him.

2) He weighed over 400 lbs at one point. I don't want those kind of weight problems.

3) Brett "Turnover" Favre isn't the best ever. If you go by common sense he isn't, even if you go by stats he isn't, he doesn't hold a candle to Manning or Montana or even Brady. I was saying that if you evaluate Favre to be the GOAT, then I don't trust your judgement on a guy you never followed.

4) Yep.

Our D-Line is Set. We don't need anyone else. We have a mixture of Young & Veterans (Didn't want to use Old lol) on the Line. Redding, Johnson & McKinney can be Mentors to our Young Guys like Chapman, Nevis, Moala, Chigbo, Mathews, & Ogbu. We can't keep brining people in just for the heck of it. That makes it to where more people have to be CUT at the Start fo the Season. Let's see what we working with this Year, then make changes if Neccessary

Once Upon a Time, Dwight Freeney had an Ankle Injury. But as we all Recall, that didn't STOP him from Bull Rushing a 300+ Lbs New Orleans Saints LT into Drew Brees. So with that being said, I have Faith & Believe Chapman will FULLY Recover from his Injury. Come into this Season, & Dominate every oppurtunity he gets

Why? We have 2 solid NTs in Chapman and McKinney with Johnson as a backup.

No need to sign him.

Even if there was a need, there is no room under the Cap until Freeney's contract is reworked anyway. My guess is that that won't happen until the coaches have a strong sense he'll pan out at OLB in training camp. If someone like Franklin is still around then (when DFree is either under new contract, cut or traded) I would not be surprised if the Colts brought him in for a look.

Even if there was a need, there is no room under the Cap until Freeney's contract is reworked anyway. My guess is that that won't happen until the coaches have a strong sense he'll pan out at OLB in training camp. If someone like Franklin is still around then (when DFree is either under new contract, cut or traded) I would not be surprised if the Colts brought him in for a look.

There is some space. If they wanted to sign him, they could. There is 9M left in the salary cap. Luck will take out a little over 4M (like Newton did), Fleener and Allen should take up a total of 3.5M, leaving the Colts about 1M left. If they wanted to, they could.

When we signed McKinney, everyone said he wasn't the answer, so now the addition of a 5th round rookie with an ACL injury and an UDFA have fixed it? If he's healthy, he would be great to have for two or three years to teach Chapman and Anouby.

I'd rather not sign Franklin. He's up there in age for a DL, had a mediocre season in 2011-2012 that he played he was an old declining DL. If some people here didn't think McKinney was the answer, what makes you think a declining and old DL is?

Yes, let's just get him with all that cap room we have... Where is the magic source of cap space in peoples' minds coming from? Lol

look at Andy's last post dude. That's where my magical cap is coming from.

I'd rather not sign Franklin. He's up there in age for a DL, had a mediocre season in 2011-2012 that he played he was an old declining DL. If some people here didn't think McKinney was the answer, what makes you think a declining and old DL is?

He is miles ahead of McKinney, and just didn't fit in a 4-3. That is why he had a bad season.

I say we just Drop it. We don't Need him. We won't get him. He'll probably just stay FA or wherever he is. We have our Team. Now it's time to take Action on the Field. Mini Camp starts Tuesday, so we have to see how that goes out. I honestly believe Pagano is DONE with Bringing people in now. Unless it's an Utter Emergency

I don't think anyone said anything about him being the answer. He's a serviceable vet who would presumably fit well. And he's available in June, which probably means he's not going to get very much money. Nothing wrong with signing that kind of player.

look at Andy's last post dude. That's where my magical cap is coming from.

Franklin takes a cap hit of more than 1 mil. He's a 1.25mil cap-hitter, (all due respect to Andy, of course). I suppose it's not 'Impossible' for him to take a pay-cut, but I just don't see it. And I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with the team looking into him, but in the end I don't think we get him for a value of less than 1.25 million to the cap.

And lastly no offense intended, my post was less to shoot down your suggestion in general and more a poke of fun at these dozens of posts we get like this almost daily on the forum, there's nothing wrong with them, it's fun to speculate.