Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Blackmon

CjMcGirt23

i understand your still in your early twenties and you wanna have fun, but come on your making millions of dollars and your gonna try to drive drank and risk your health and your life? you should be in your home studying your playbook

Wow....unbelievable. Completely stupid on his part. When will these players learn? It's so frustrating to keep seeing this kind of stuff. If I'm Goodell, I would make the code of conduct even stricter and be harsher on infractions. There is no excuse for stupid things like this.

I just remembered something. Wasn't Blackmon the same guy who Warren Moon said is like Dez Bryant, but with a good head on his shoulders? How did that turn out?

He does have a good head on his shoulders you seen his clip on ESPN about him and this little girl that has some kind of disease. A DUI doesn't mean your dumb or stupid just a bad choice now if you make that same mistake twice then your dumb and stupid

He does have a good head on his shoulders you seen his clip on ESPN about him and this little girl that has some kind of disease. A DUI doesn't mean your dumb or stupid just a bad choice now if you make that same mistake twice then your dumb and stupid

this was his second time....from the espn article:

"Blackmon was previously arrested on a misdemeanor DUI charge in Texas in 2010 after officers caught him speeding on a suburban Dallas highway.

He told reporters after the arrest that he made a mistake and took full responsibility for it.

"I'm embarrassed to be in this position," Blackmon said. "I'm truly sorry to my family, to my friends and to Oklahoma State all together. I look forward to redeeming myself and proving to everybody that this isn't who I am. I'm not this guy. I'm humbled by this experience and I will grow from it."

Blackmon didn't face any jail time from that charge, which a prosecutor had described as a fine-only offense."

...and even tho he said he wasnt that guy, and was humbled by that experience, and would learn from it, he still did it, and in a position where hes now a professional making millions, and from reading the article he was over twice the legal limit, very stupid imo

Several things....

First, an aggravated DUI means he's **seriously** drunk. The limit is .08... above .15 is an aggravated DUI, and Blackmon blew a .24. Three times the legal limit.

That's really, really drunk.

And, as has been noted in this thread, it's his 2nd offense. And he hasn't even signed his rookie contract yet. He's possibly looking at a 2-game suspension before he's played his first NFL game. Bad, bad judgement. This raises all sorts of Red Flags. Bad day in J'Ville.

I've seen the ESPN feature on Blackmon and the young girl who is terribly sick. Very good story. Think Justin is a good kid. But, he's now got to recognize he's got a problem. A serious problem. There's just no way to put a positive spin on this -- none. Time to pull your head out of your a$$ and get it together.

NewColtsFan

thank goodness he didn't kill or hurt anyone.. no excuse, find a ride, call a cab, walk or whatever, but don't get behind the wheel, what a selfish choice.....also sounds like somebody needs help, 0.24 is drunk enough to die from AP, that's not just normal social drinking...

thank goodness he didn't kill or hurt anyone.. no excuse, find a ride, call a cab, walk or whatever, but don't get behind the wheel, what a selfish choice.....also sounds like somebody needs help, 0.24 is drunk enough to die from AP, that's not just normal social drinking...

As I understand it, 0.24 is blackout drunk and probably wouldn't be horrifically atypical for your average college student or early 20-something. You can die if you pass out and suffocate or get behind the wheel or something like that but it's not really a strictly lethal dose of alcohol (that generally occurs closer to 0.40). The problem with being as drunk as he was is that he more or less guaranteed that he couldn't rationally determine his worthiness as a driver and/or properly weigh the risks being undertaken. The fact that he's made the same mistake repeatedly just shows that he can't responsibly handle alcohol and needs to stay away with it (or, at the very least, get some decent friends who will shut him down before he does slip up).

Still seems like a good guy... but this is a pretty major skeleton that needs to be exorcised from his closet.

All that money and you can't call for a taxi?

The Jaguars (and almost every other NFL team) has a program that provides a driver for their players so that they don't have to drive impaired. There is simply never any excuse for an NFL player to get behind the wheel while intoxicated. They have way too much support from the league and their teams to let stuff like this happen.

Sad is all i can say.What a ridiculous year for DUIs and Marijuana.Millions at stake and cannot hire a driver how ignorant.

A few years ago I remember someone on ESPN saying that the NFL has paid for a service. This service includes picking up the NFL player taking him to a restaurant so he can drink himself into a blevian if he wishes then will be taken home so he doesn't get busted for a DUI. But then Blackmon was in OK when this happened. Hey Blackmon you dumb *,get someone to drive you so you don't show your ignorance. Glad no one was hurt. Blackmon got what he deserved.

Exactly MCF, hire a driver & get your butt into rehab son or your NFL career will be over before it even begins. If a fatality results from alcohol addiction Blackmon, you will never forgive yourself.

Previous issues with the same thing ... cant believe the * plead not guilty! Like thats going to save him any grief - what a loser! . like that dont deserve to be multi millionaires - the league should black ball them!

What if he's not guilty?

LoL

Have you never heard of anyone going to trial on a DUI and having the charges thrown out? I have. We are still entitled to a presumption of innocence, right?

If he's guilty, then he should get the full treatment. But just because he was cited doesn't mean he's necessarily guilty. More than likely this is lawyering as they work on a plea.

Have you never heard of anyone going to trial on a DUI and having the charges thrown out? I have. We are still entitled to a presumption of innocence, right?

If he's guilty, then he should get the full treatment. But just because he was cited doesn't mean he's necessarily guilty. More than likely this is lawyering as they work on a plea.

It's a joke when someone's clearly drunk but yet somehow get out of it because of lawyering. Like your networth determines how much freedom you have. If your rich , you can get away with more. DUIs should be a done deal. You blow above the legal limit, plus can't pass a sobriety test, what basis could there be for a defense?

I guess it could be worse, like killing someone while driving under the influence but still get off. " that's ok , he was poor and jay walking, your rich, so what if you were driving under the influence, go catch some touchdowns"

It's a joke when someone's clearly drunk but yet somehow get out of it because of lawyering. Like your networth determines how much freedom you have. If your rich , you can get away with more. DUIs should be a done deal. You blow above the legal limit, plus can't pass a sobriety test, what basis could there be for a defense?

I guess it could be worse, like killing someone while driving under the influence but still get off. " that's ok , he was poor and jay walking, your rich, so what if you were driving under the influence, go catch some touchdowns"

There are plenty of examples of what you're talking about, but you don't have to be rich to cut a deal with the prosecution. I have a very ordinary friend who avoided 90 days for aggravated DUI with lawyering. Copped a plea, did however many hours of community service, paid a fine, and had probation for a year. Then there are people who get the book thrown at them, sentenced to 90 days, and wind up serving 10 because the jails are overcrowded. When that happens to a celebrity, people cry about preferential treatment, but like I said, it happens to normal Joes as well.

What irritates me is when Donte Stallworth does 24 days of a 30 day sentence for DUI vehicular manslaughter, but Plaxico Burress shoots himself in the leg and does a year. Something wrong with the system.

There are plenty of examples of what you're talking about, but you don't have to be rich to cut a deal with the prosecution. I have a very ordinary friend who avoided 90 days for aggravated DUI with lawyering. Copped a plea, did however many hours of community service, paid a fine, and had probation for a year. Then there are people who get the book thrown at them, sentenced to 90 days, and wind up serving 10 because the jails are overcrowded. When that happens to a celebrity, people cry about preferential treatment, but like I said, it happens to normal Joes as well.

What irritates me is when Donte Stallworth does 24 days of a 30 day sentence for DUI vehicular manslaughter, but Plaxico Burress shoots himself in the leg and does a year. Something wrong with the system.

I agree with this. I'm ok with plea bargains because they admit they were wrong. I never liked Burress but he got a somewhat of a raw deal. Stallworth kills someone, does less than a month. Vick does his disgusting deeds and did a year plus.