Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts versus Bears SuperBowl

Gavin

I watched the SB with some family from out of town. My uncle is a die-hard Bears fan. He jumped up and went into hysterics when Hester returned that opening kick.

I enjoyed my last laugh. My uncles nachos were seasoned with tears.....ahhhh good times!

The only problem is, that Rex Grossman isn't their QB anymore, otherwise we would have a chance to win.

HCF, Rex Grossman was DA Bears version of our very own Curtis Painter last year. A butter finger turnover machine. You are 100% correct my friend.

HCF, Rex Grossman was DA Bears version of our very own Curtis Painter last year. A butter finger turnover machine. You are 100% correct my friend.

Now we all know Grossman has no business starting a football game but jeesh I wouldnt even put him as low as Curtis Painter......on most days..... :lol:

Can you post the Colts-New Orleans Super Bowl so we can look for the cheap shots!!

ughhhh,. that game is so frustrating on so many levels.

Good Lord if Garcon (RG3) catches that ball... Indy blows NO out.....

If Hank Kendra can get his mind on football and hold onto the ball..

I'll stop there.

My personal favorite is still Colts at Ravens.THAT was the game that showed me the Colts were finally tough enough to get over the hump. Baltimore had the #1 D and was supposed to pound the soft little Colts. And it was on the road.

Not to sound cocky but I had zero doubt the Colts were going to beat the Bears. I even brushed off the opening kick by Hester. The Pats game was the SB.

I would like to thank my sister for being the only one with hope at halftime for Colts/Pats. I think I had my head in my hands but she said "With this offense and with this much time left.....the Colts can definitely come back."

Also I would like to thank the 2006 Patriots for punking the 2006 Chargers to set up the title game that was meant to be.

My personal favorite is still Colts at Ravens.THAT was the game that showed me the Colts were finally tough enough to get over the hump. Baltimore had the #1 D and was supposed to pound the soft little Colts. And it was on the road.

Not to sound cocky but I had zero doubt the Colts were going to beat the Bears. I even brushed off the opening kick by Hester. The Pats game was the SB.

I would like to thank my sister for being the only one with hope at halftime for Colts/Pats. I think I had my head in my hands but she said "With this offense and with this much time left.....the Colts can definitely come back."

Also I would like to thank the 2006 Patriots for punking the 2006 Chargers to set up the title game that was meant to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUj_zbp-7F4&feature=fvwrel I couldnt find the game

Just to hold some of us over till the season starts, Im putting up the Colts SuperBowl win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R_sylxxQCQ

I thought about posting a game from last year but yeahhhhh :bag: ..... :player:

Nothing like getting geeked over the SB run.

I have ever playoff game on CD. and I have worn out the Balt and NE games. Balt was boring as all helll, but D is what wins. and it did @ Balt.

NE @ Indy is a classic. PERIOD. Nothing else too say.

This is why you are 1 of my favorite forum analysts Jules. You break games & seasons down perfectly. In 2006, we had to slay the BIG BAD Dragon, our #1 thorn & arch rival New England Patriots.

Point deficeits in either the AFC Championship Game or the Superbowl didn't scare me in the slightest...Tony Dungy gave our squad quiet confidence that season. And you are 100% correct Jules when you infer that Brady & Co. did us a huge favor by knocking off Philip Rivers & Co. The Chargers would have crushed us & our Superbowl run in 1 foul swoop...

i agree J, Indy @ Balt is one boring "hit fest" .... and OUR D WON!!!!!!

This is the kind of D I am expecting game in game out NOW.

darn, it's not rocket science. .... play AGGRESSIVE, fast and hard and good things may happen.

This is why you are 1 of my favorite forum analysts Jules. You break games & seasons down perfectly. In 2006, we had to slay the BIG BAD Dragon, our #1 thorn & arch rival New England Patriots.

Point deficeits in either the AFC Championship Game or the Superbowl didn't scare me in the slightest...Tony Dungy gave our squad quiet confidence that season. And you are 100% correct Jules when you infer that Brady & Co. did us a huge favor by knocking off Philip Rivers & Co. The Chargers would have crushed us & our Superbowl run in 1 foul swoop...

Imagine if the Chargers won that 2006 SB? *shudders* But, at the time I was actually confident in the Colts beating SD. I might have been delusional though.

It was all destiny.

Shows you how strong the AFC was that year too. The Colts and Pats were 12-4 and neither got a bye week.

That game in Foxboro that season was the difference.

When is the next Miami SB? The Colts like to go to those.

i agree J, Indy @ Balt is one boring "hit fest" .... and OUR D WON!!!!!!

This is the kind of D I am expecting game in game out NOW.

darn, it's not rocket science. .... play AGGRESSIVE, fast and hard and good things may happen.

Adam's FGs made me giddy with excitement in that game. It was like finally....trust in a kicker!!!

I don't care how Peyton's stats were either. Peyton was clutch that postseason. Stats smats. He made the plays when he had to make the plays. The entire team helped each other. When the offense needed help the D stepped up. When the D needed help the offense stepped it up.

Bob Sanders.....oh man. What a guy. I will never forget him. Little ball of blazing fire.

Adam's FGs made me giddy with excitement in that game. It was like finally....trust in a kicker!!!

I don't care how Peyton's stats were either. Peyton was clutch that postseason. Stats smats. He made the plays when he had to make the plays. The entire team helped each other. When the offense needed help the D stepped up. When the D needed help the offense stepped it up.

Bob Sanders.....oh man. What a guy. I will never forget him. Little ball of blazing fire.

Right On... seems simple... But it is so hard to achieve.

At least Indy got to see it at least once.

We want more. :)

Imagine if the Chargers won that 2006 SB? *shudders* But, at the time I was actually confident in the Colts beating SD. I might have been delusional though.

It was all destiny.

Shows you how strong the AFC was that year too. The Colts and Pats were 12-4 and neither got a bye week.

That game in Foxboro that season was the difference.

When is the next Miami SB? The Colts like to go to those.

I hear ya Jules. A lightning bolt Superbowl sends shivers down my spine & makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up for all the wrong reasons, especially if Philip Rivers & Co. got to wear their powder blue vintage uniforms. They are a wrecking crew in those jerseys man like comic book characters with superhuman precision, sight, & strength; I can't explain it. They never lose in their rollback uniforms like the ultimate good luck charm.

I would never view you as delusional Jules. But Philips Rivers & his arsenal of wide receivers would have given us a run for our money. Thank god for Bob Sanders who toughened up our defense when healthy. Sanders the heat seeking missile was amazing to watch. I love how Joseph Addai & the o-line basically wore down New England's defense. A trench warfare of physical & emotional attrition & we won. It was a beautiful thing to see. We weren't soft at all.

Yes, Miami does seem to be a favorite Superbowl destination. No doubt about it. We are 1 & 1 though in Lombardi trophy victory's & loses. Perhaps, a new Superbowl city is in order say...NY City? Works for me Jules...

A Super Bowl in any city sounds good to me!

You are right, deep down there was a reason I wanted to play NE in 2006 and "rooted" for them in the divisional round. Of course we could have lost to them too. But, I liked our chances MUCH more at HOME vs. then AWAY vs. SD. SD always makes me nervous.

A Super Bowl in any city sounds good to me!

You are right, deep down there was a reason I wanted to play NE in 2006 and "rooted" for them in the divisional round. Of course we could have lost to them too. But, I liked our chances MUCH more at HOME vs. then AWAY vs. SD. SD always makes me nervous.

Yeah..... I'm sick of them "having our number" only to watch them vomit in the playoffs.

I'd love to see this edition of the Colts reverse that.... Luck will probably get his first shot in 2013/14 with a season under his belt.

One of the most underrated playoffs runs. Beat the best defense, held the best rusher to almost nothing, beat the "best" tea of the decade.

Even if we did beat NO in the Super Bowl it wouldn't be like the first!

Beat two of the best defenses in the Bears and Ravens. Beat the team we couldn't beat in the Pats. Held it down with the run defense. Beat the Bears in an outdoors game where the weather was a factor. We did everything the analysts said we couldn't do. And they still don't want to give us credit because they say the only reason we won was because Grossman was the Bears' QB

Beat two of the best defenses in the Bears and Ravens. Beat the team we couldn't beat in the Pats. Held it down with the run defense. Beat the Bears in an outdoors game where the weather was a factor. We did everything the analysts said we couldn't do. And they still don't want to give us credit because they say the only reason we won was because Grossman was the Bears' QB.

21isSuperman, I ran out likes already, but I just wanted to say you are right on the money with your analysis there. It still ticks me off that our defense was not soft & Peyton actually won in the rain/elements, but none of that matters because QB Rex Grossman played so poorly. Are you kidding me?!!! These NFL pundits are delusional IMO. Well said 21isSuperman; well said.

21isSuperman, I ran out likes already, but I just wanted to say you are right on the money with your analysis there. It still ticks me off that our defense was not soft & Peyton actually won in the rain/elements, but none of that matters because QB Rex Grossman played so poorly. Are you kidding me?!!! These NFL pundits are delusional IMO. Well said 21isSuperman; well said.

I'll give him 1 for ya....

Yes, Grossman is a poor QB and the Bears would've fared better had they started a more competent QB. But they made it to the SB for cripes sake. As I mentioned above, my uncle, the ardent Bears fan, was picking up on my angst that it was raining. I was so upset that we finally made it to the SB and for the first time in SB history, it was raining.

My uncle's glee was that he knew that the "all finesse" Colts were doomed to fail, as they were now subjected to Bears football weather.

This was a case where we can say that the Bears didn't beat themselves, we beat them, straight up beat them at their own game.

Y'all should have won the Super Bowl the Saints are cheaters and throw up.

The entire second half of the SB against the Saints was not on the Colts side. Nothing was.

Too bad the Panthers did not beat the Pats in the SB. They came about as close to winning as a team could. Jake was great in that game.

Good luck next year, I hope the Panthers win the NFC South.

I remember when the Jets upset the chargers in the 09 divisional round. I was so relieved, because I did not want the Colts to play the Chargers. That wouldve been the only game I thought the Colts could lose that season. Sadly we lost the most important one... Stupid Hank and butterfingers Garcon. That SB could of easily been 24-6 in the 3rd quarter..

Nothing like getting geeked over the SB run.

I have ever playoff game on CD. and I have worn out the Balt and NE games. Balt was boring as all helll, but D is what wins. and it did @ Balt.

NE @ Indy is a classic. PERIOD. Nothing else too say.

Should share those with the community. Are they the full games?

i was always a Clark fan, but some of those 3rd down catches he made in the ravens game were some of the most clutch i have ever seen. it is a shame he had to leave indy the way he did,but iam glad i do not have to see him in another uniform.

i was always a Clark fan, but some of those 3rd down catches he made in the ravens game were some of the most clutch i have ever seen. it is a shame he had to leave indy the way he did,but iam glad i do not have to see him in another uniform.

Maybe he can come back. Imagine, Fleener, Clark and Allen on a 3 TE play action...the Defense would like, F this I quit.