Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck at camp

HtownColt

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 6, 2012 - Language
Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 6, 2012 - Language

not too much on my main man skip.Somebody gotta play the other side of the fence on First Take its a debate everybody cant be on the same side

skip is a mor*n

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip Bayless is a legend as a journalist, columnist, and now as a ESPN analyst and he lets players come in if they got a problem with what he said. he paid his dues for 30+ years

Edited by 21isSuperman

Skip Bayless is a legend as a journalist, columnist, and now as a ESPN analyst and he lets players come in if they got a problem with what he said. he paid his dues for 30+ years

everything that comes out of his mouth is pure 100% bull crap

You are correct on all accounts....but that just shows how stupid he is as well. Shows reporters should REPORT because his opinions are TERRIBLE. He is no better than most bloggers...make seething comments to get attention and ratings. He basically stooped down to Jim Rome level and I basically stopped watching that show a year ago. That show has run its course and I guarantee he has ruined his reputation with players and will never be able to go back to being a great reporter ever again.

despite being new to the ColtsNation (not sure exactly what the correct term is), i know Peyton put a huge stamp on the team in his time with the team. they won a whole lot of games, earned two trips to the super bowl and won one. there really aren't a lot of qb's in this league who can say they've done what he's done for one team, and not many fans who can say that they've had a qb who has done what he has done.

Andrew will put his own unique stamp on the team and, through this rebuilding process, it seems to me the Colts are headed in the right direction. At Stanford last year, the schemes, plays and variations of plays added up to about 1,200 play possibilities -- about a third of which would change from week to week. Andrew is an extremely intelligent guy and i have no doubt that will translate on to the field and to many, many wins.

i don't think one needs to downplay Peyton's Colt legacy in order to build them up. in 15 or 20 years when we look back, i believe each man's Colt careers will stand on their own, and in high regard.

You are correct on all accounts....but that just shows how stupid he is as well. Shows reporters should REPORT because his opinions are TERRIBLE. He is no better than most bloggers...make seething comments to get attention and ratings. He basically stooped down to Jim Rome level and I basically stopped watching that show a year ago. That show has run its course and I guarantee he has ruined his reputation with players and will never be able to go back to being a great reporter ever again.

yea thats why he was one of the top journalist when he was doing it and First Take is the highest rated show with him and Stephen A Smith other than Sportscenter because sportscenter comes on 32 times a day..and Skip retired from being a journalist and columnist and all that..other than tebow he speaks the truth saying things people say at home but wouldnt dare say it on record like he does. the man is a legend journalist hall of fame(if there is one)

Skip and Stephen A. might be interesting to newbies, but after a while you get the gist of what they are about and you grow tired of them. They are the evolved sport's reporters who have ego's as big as the athletes...which is a joke in itself. So, Skip claims that he has this intense workout and he eats healthy and he "is not scared to stand up to professional athletes" and all of that feeds his huge ego or rather his need for importance. He even has lately begun talking about his high school athletic stature as if that is noteworthy. There are thousands of us who were really good high school athletes and didn't make it to the pro's....so what?

I figured out who Luck sounds like....John Madden. Actually, he sounds like a comedian imitating Madden.

People compare Luck to Manning because, frankly, he is smart. There's not that many smart players in the NFL. The stereotype of the dumb jock has a bit of truth to it...see M. Claiborne's Wonderlic. Even QB's in the NFL can be meathead's. Then comes Manning with his photographic memory and prolific study habits and he is different. Luck actually acts and talks like a Stanford techy nerd. He just happens to be great at football and loves. If not for football, he would definitely be an architect unlike most of the other NFL players who majored in Communications or Recreational Therapy.

For what it is worth, Of all the QBs in the draft, the Colts drafted the two with the highest wonderlic scores. Just saying.

Skip and Stephen A. might be interesting to newbies, but after a while you get the gist of what they are about and you grow tired of them. They are the evolved sport's reporters who have ego's as big as the athletes...which is a joke in itself. So, Skip claims that he has this intense workout and he eats healthy and he "is not scared to stand up to professional athletes" and all of that feeds his huge ego or rather his need for importance. He even has lately begun talking about his high school athletic stature as if that is noteworthy. There are thousands of us who were really good high school athletes and didn't make it to the pro's....so what?

skip bayless was not a reporter(adam schefter is a reporter) skip was a journalist and columnist. Hate him or love him you gotta respect that man sorta like T.O. hate or love T.O. but the man is a hall of famer..Skip won a very rare writing scholarship as a kid that allowed him to attend Vanderbilt university. Majored in journalism and went on to become a journalist, for the next thirty years. He's written three critically acclaimed novels, written for the Dallas Morning News, Miami Herald, San Jose Mercery News, Los Angeles Times, and won Texas sports writer of the year three times. Just recently he's been nominated for an emmy. Respect that man

No way that we beat the texans, but we do get the Blaine gabbert led jaguars and the hassleback/locker led titans. And I would take luck everytime over those guys. My only fear would be mjd, cj2k just lost it for some reason. But with Pagani at the helm I bet we could lock him down at least once if not both times.

I figured out who Luck sounds like....John Madden. Actually, he sounds like a comedian imitating Madden.

Andrew is really Frank Caliendo? LOL

But seriously, I think it was a backhanded swipe at Peyton, and uncalled for. I feel Luck will one day demonstrate that same vim and vigor sprinkled with p and vinegar, just as Peyton has. But Luck knows he is just beginning his career, and now is not the time or place for demanding fire and intensity from others. He is probably (and quietly) demanding this of himself, though. In the future will be times and places where that will be necessary, and I hope he steps and owns the moment when it arrives. In the meantime, I wish the media would let Peyton be Peyton, and Andrew be Andrew.

No way that we beat the texans, but we do get the Blaine gabbert led jaguars and the hassleback/locker led titans. And I would take luck everytime over those guys. My only fear would be mjd, cj2k just lost it for some reason. But with Pagani at the helm I bet we could lock him down at least once if not both times.

if we can beat them with danny o we can beat them with andrew

I meant for the division. We most certainly have a shot a beating them. But they also didn't have Shaub when we beat them last year

your point being what? the bengals couldnt beat them. falcons couldnt beat them. thats two playoff teams

This is just simply not true. Over the years we have read many comments from rookies talking about how Manning made them feel comfortable, made them feel part of the organization from day one and helped alleviate their nerves. Yes he was intense but he calmed them down.

You sure they didn't just say that for the cameras though? I don't know of any player who would say, "Yea... Manning made me feel uncomfortable." Keep in mind Manning said, "God **** it Donald" during a live game for everyone else to hear. He also visibly walked up to Jeff Saturday on the sidelines and yelled at him during a dispute whether to run vs. pass. He also was clearly upset at Jim Caldwell's decision to go for the timeout.

Manning is very visibly frustrated and is not afraid to show it. Imagine what he is like during practice! Unfortunately, we can't trust players to say whether Manning is or is not calming, because players will lie to avoid excuses and drama.

You sure they didn't just say that for the cameras though? I don't know of any player who would say, "Yea... Manning made me feel uncomfortable." We're talking about the same player who said, "God **** it Donald" during a live game for everyone else to hear. He also visibly walked up to Jeff Saturday on the sidelines and yelled at him during a dispute whether to run vs. pass.

Andrew Luck would not do those things.

Both of those were heat of the battle moments.

Marino has jerked on a players facemask to get his attention in the huddle at times.

I'm not saying you are, but some are going out of their way to bash Manning and it's rather sad an embarrassing.

If Luck won't get in a players face when needed, then he might not have the moxy for the job.

Marino has jerked on a players facemask to get his attention in the huddle at times.

I'm not saying you are, but some are going out of their way to bash Manning and it's rather sad an embarrassing.

If Luck won't get in a players face when needed, then he might not have the moxy for the job.

Point is though we can't take what the rookies and players say as the absolute truth. Players may have lied about their opinions of Manning's demeanor to avoid excuses and drama, as is customary in sports.

Point is though we can't take what the rookies and players say as the absolute truth. Players may have lied about their opinions of Manning's demeanor to avoid excuses and drama, as is customary in sports.

I guess the same thing could be said for coaches.

Everyone is simply a liar. I guess that is the moral of the story.

He's too arrogant in his opinions. He always and I mean ALWAYS thinks he KNOWS that what he's saying is correct. He just gets on my nerves the way he attacks athletes!

I think it is dangerous for us to compare Luck in any way shape or form to Manning. I will try to give the guy a 3 year window to develop into whatever style professional he is going to be. After year 3 anything after that I will be open to comparisions and commenting on his qualitites. It is just laughable to try to compare traits between the two or statistics or anything. Luck is unique to this team as any qb is to theirs so we just have to let him grow. We will see what we have.

I have to admit it will be hard because we have seen Peyton Manning in his prime for the last 10 years and I got to admit I would prefered having him here for the next 5 then take my chances transitioning but that is just me and so I will try to temper my expectations of the kid. I hope he is great and those characteristics come through but he hasn't faced any adversity yet or played a game or anything. He is a great prospect and we should be excited but can't say he is going to lead us to anything until he proves it.

skip bayless was not a reporter(adam schefter is a reporter) skip was a journalist and columnist. Hate him or love him you gotta respect that man sorta like T.O. hate or love T.O. but the man is a hall of famer..Skip won a very rare writing scholarship as a kid that allowed him to attend Vanderbilt university. Majored in journalism and went on to become a journalist, for the next thirty years. He's written three critically acclaimed novels, written for the Dallas Morning News, Miami Herald, San Jose Mercery News, Los Angeles Times, and won Texas sports writer of the year three times. Just recently he's been nominated for an emmy. Respect that man

I am going to leave the skip thing alone after this. I used to like his show but when he started personally attacking people and decided ratings over substance I lost all respect. Hey will purposely hate on people just to stir up contravercy. He doesn't just call it like it is..he is purposely mean and arrogant and is the most hypocritical "journalist" on the air. He constantly cuts down people to make his opinion or serve his purpose and when comparing players he always tears one down to raise another up. He is very hard to defend. He sold out his credentials to make his money. You will see a backlash I promise. The more and more hateful he gets the more he will lose fans of his show. Mark my words...a couple more years he will be the next Jim Rome....

A coach would probably be more worried about the other player

I think of Eli Manning, Kurt Warner, Joe Montanna, plus some others when I think of how I would like Luck to be. In a playoff game, when Montanna was at the end of his career with Kansas City, one of KC's many mediocre WR's missed an important pass and Joe had put it right in his hands. They had to punt. The camera showed Joe talking to him on the sidelines and he never yelled at the guy. The next series Joe went right back to him and he caught it. Reporters asked Joe what he had said and he said" I missed on one earlier and you missed that one, so now we're even...I'm coming right back at you and you're gonna get this one. There's many different ways of garnering respect w/o blowing a gasket.

Here's the difference: Eli has Coughlin to rip into the player while Montana had Walsh. Walsh is famous for saying, "If you can't run it right, get the **** off my field." Manning never had this with Dungy or Caldwell, so he himself had to be the enforcer.

Here's the difference: Eli has Coughlin to rip into the player while Montana had Walsh. Walsh is famous for saying, "If you can't run it right, get the **** off my field." Manning never had this with Dungy or Caldwell, so he himself had to be the enforcer.

That is a very good point. And Pagano is likely a lot more firey then say...Caldwell. Or Dungy, but Dungy was a quiet leader....players respected him regardless and he was very respected.

Heck I think my laundry has more fire then Jim Caldwell.

But, in a way the personalities of Manning/Dungy were a perfect match. They complimented each other.

I wonder if he once scored four touchdowns in one game for Polk High!

You sure they didn't just say that for the cameras though? I don't know of any player who would say, "Yea... Manning made me feel uncomfortable." Keep in mind Manning said, "God **** it Donald" during a live game for everyone else to hear. He also visibly walked up to Jeff Saturday on the sidelines and yelled at him during a dispute whether to run vs. pass. He also was clearly upset at Jim Caldwell's decision to go for the timeout.

One, yes I am sure. Two, again are you really trying to compare a game situation with practice not even a real practice and rookie and first year player orientation practice? That is pretty naive.
Manning is very visibly frustrated and is not afraid to show it. Imagine what he is like during practice! Unfortunately, we can't trust players to say whether Manning is or is not calming, because players will lie to avoid excuses and drama.

That is probably what Hilton is doing with Luck as well.

Esp after Andrew's FIRST 40 yard + TD run... Then all comparisons "should" cease.

heeh...ee...

:) Good point. I think comparisons should stop now. It's not fair to Luck and, right now, he cannot compare to Manning in any way on the football field.
Oh mercy... Peyton was a stud... We can only HOPE Andrew gets to Manning's level.

My fingers are crossed. He seems to have the mental make-up for it and the physical tools. Now a lot of it will depend on the coaches and if they put him in a position to succeed like they did with Manning.

One, yes I am sure.

How can you be so sure about it when you weren't one of those players? Players are told to be positive, which masks their true behaviors.

Two, again are you really trying to compare a game situation with practice not even a real practice and rookie and first year player orientation practice? That is pretty naive.

I don't see what's naive about it. If Manning is willing to yell/lecture his teammates on live television then why would he not do it during practice? The guy was even visibly upset at Caldwell's timeout, and once he even waved off Tony Dungy and the special teams on a 4th down. That's how much influence Manning had over that team. It's not unrealistic to think he would translate those aggressive behaviors into practice.

I'm not trying to knock Manning. I love the fact he's aggressive, but to say he was constantly calm, soothing, etc. is just simply not true. He knew that to get the most out of his players, he would sometimes have to step up his attitude.