Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson’s Tap Out

csmopar

11 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Yeah being the worst starting qb in the league plus being soft isn’t a good combo.

How does asking for a break equate to "being soft". By the way, what does "being soft" mean?

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

How does asking for a break equate to "being soft". By the way, what does "being soft" mean?

The media will explain it to you in detail all week and if the local media doesn't, just watch next Sunday night, they definately will.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

He’s 22. He’s a kid. Some days he is going to act like the kid. He has to mature. 

^ This When he was defending his passing ability, he talked about how he could run faster than just about anybody…except maybe Lamar…it just reminded me of something a kid might say on a schoolyard.

I think in some ways, Anthony is mature beyond his years, but in some ways, he shows every bit of his young age. Like the fact he didn’t think anybody should be able to tackle him one-on-one.  He’s got to know this is the NFL and as gifted as he is, there’s some guys playing that can tackle him. Maybe not a whole lot but he can’t take it for granted that he’s the only gifted athlete on the field.

So we have to not only wait for our QB to develop as a player but to realize as a young man, talent is only going to get him so far. There’s a WHOLE LOT of talented guys on the other side of the field. 
   Lastly, I’m disappointed in Shane, the Oline and the receivers for a lackluster performance…..oh and by the way, has anybody seen Drew Ogletree or the TEs in general??

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Then you've got Jayden Daniels out there throwing Hail Mary's and playing the entire game with a rib injury. 

Daniels seems to be a lot more mature. After the game, he was interviewed and he was not celebrating and bringing attention to himself. His reaction afterwards reminded me of something my parents used to say: "Act like you have been there before."

Daniels is older than Richardson, I believe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Daniels seems to be a lot more mature. After the game, he was interviewed and he was not celebrating and bringing attention to himself. His reaction afterwards reminded me of something my parents used to say: "Act like you have been there before."

Daniels is older than Richardson, I believe.

Yes, he's older and has played a lot more big moment games.

I honestly keep forgetting how few of games Richardson has been in. I don't even know if he's played in a championship game for high school... 

Needless to say, he really hasn't played enough games. He hasn't "been there before" to even know what "there" is... 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

Of all the things to criticize AR for after today this one is absolutely the dumbest. It's actually funny because there is an 11 page grievance filled post game thread, and not a single mention of it. Then McAfee posts a dipstick hot take and now every neck beard is crawling out of their mom's basement. 

🤣 Yeah, at the time it happened, I assumed it had something to do with the way the defender grabbed his leg on the play that led up to it, but then he said it was because he was tired. There seems to be an automatic assumption that if he "tapped out" due to exhaustion then it must be a flaw in his mental/emotional makeup. But if we take Richardson's words at face value, and he really WAS too tired to play, then there must by a real physiological reason for it, and that should be looked into. Maybe he was legitimately gassed, for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

Sorry I’m more concerned how badly the OL played, how the WRs and TEs other than Downs actually showed up and how Shane called one of his worst games ever. This team has many problems and AR isn’t the only one.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I’ve see stafford stay in with a dislocated shoulder and throw a game winning td…..Jim Harbaugh played with a turnstile oline…most qbs fight to stay in even if they are injured…...so yeah it does seem a bit soft when Richardson comes out bc he’s tired. I’m sure it left a sour taste in his teammates mouth as well…

14 hours ago, cjwhiskers said:

The “tap out” was the last straw. He gets tackled and immediately asks for a sub LMAO. Then goes to the presser to again talk about his “unique” traits. Give me a break. 

I’m typically pretty patient but he’s not the guy for this team. Let him finish the season, hoping we go 4-13 and blow it up. Clear as day in my opinion. We need to take another shot. 

You start Flacco, this team wins too many games. Anyone who thinks otherwise look at this offense under Gardner Minshew last year compared to this year 🤣

Look at minshew now.....he was bad last year and he's worse with the raiders.....they're gonna ride it out with AR whether you like it or not so just deal with it

10 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Oh, please. He smiled and said he was tired and needed to rest. There’s no mystery here lol. The coach said that too. He got no attention from trainers. At 22, he can’t handle playing QB for a full game without taking himself out for a breather. Does it bother you it was third and goal when he quit for a play? He says himself he’s a “great” passer and the best running QB not named Lamar, so isn’t it imperative he’s in for a key play in a big game? Why haven’t more QBs done this in the history of the NFL? Has AR discovered a new cheat code the rest of the NFL hasn’t figured out yet? Or is he just soft and, apparently, out of shape? 

OK, tired? lets go with that. Every practice from here on, the game tired paid professionals, will stay and do heavy cardio workouts in all weather conditions to build endurance. 

Secondly we will have a vocabulary study session. A "great passer" does not ever, go 10 for 32 in a divisional game of consequences. The term is Good/Great arm, there is a distinct difference between a passer and thrower.

At 4-4 if the Colts want to have a chance at making the playoffs they will go with Flacco. Especially considering this next stretch of games. AR if anything is regressing and appears soft on top of that. We have the Vikings,Bills, Jets and Lions coming up. I’d wager we’ll be 5-7 if they go with AR.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Well, its subjective.  A story about a real person goes (he was known has having mental toughness/commitment to outcome): 

He was at a party and held his hand over a candle long enough until the surrounding viewers could small flesh burning.  When asked what the trick was, he said the trick was "not minding".   Hope that paints a picture for you.

It was 1 freakin play (maybe he felt like he was going to throw up or was cramping up due to dehydration), we had 3rd and goal from the 30, next play was going to be handoff anyway. We were playing for a FG there at that point. Our fan base will find anything to crap on this guy, our fan fanbase makes me want to puke at this point. Keep it up keyboard warriors. Why don't you go out there and play QB just for a series. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was 1 freakin play (maybe he felt like he was going to throw up or was cramping up due to dehydration), we had 3rd and goal from the 30, next play was going to be handoff anyway. We were playing for a FG there at that point. Our fan base will find anything to crap on this guy, our fan fanbase makes me want to puke at this point. Keep it up keyboard warriors. Why don't you go out there and play QB just for a series. 

I don't think the tap out was a big deal given the circumstances.   

But he was too tired to stay in to do the handoff?  I think his answer at the presser didn't help.

22 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Well, its subjective.  A story about a real person goes (he was known has having mental toughness/commitment to outcome): 

He was at a party and held his hand over a candle long enough until the surrounding viewers could small flesh burning.  When asked what the trick was, he said the trick was "not minding".   Hope that paints a picture for you.

That is awful. That sounds more like masochism than not being "soft". Someone who does that should have his head examined. JMO, of course.

• Like 1

Just now, DougDew said:

I don't think the tap out was a big deal given the circumstances.   

But he was too tired to stay in to do the handoff?  I think his answer at the presser didn't help.

It looked like when he did tap out, he was kind of limping a little. Initially I thought he injured his leg because when he got hit on the previous play, his knee bent awkwardly. You are right, his presser didn't help. Still it was 1 play, doesn't make the guy soft. He took some big-time hits yesterday and kept getting up. 

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is awful. That sounds more like masochism than not being "soft". Someone who does that should have his head examined. JMO, of course.

I think he probably just thought the consequences were minor and would heal.  I think a masochist enjoys pain at some level, not just putting up with it for a reason.  I guess the thought of failing is worse than the physical pain, but it was just an example.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It looked like when he did tap out, he was kind of limping a little. Initially I thought he injured his leg because when he got hit on the previous play, his knee bent awkwardly. You are right, his presser didn't help. Still it was 1 play, doesn't make the guy soft. He took some big-time hits yesterday and kept getting up. 

He had a pretty physical play.  Lots of running and standing up to tackles.  But "being tired" isn't a great reason.  And, if he wasn't on the bench getting oxygen, its a bad look.  JMO.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This would have been a non-issue had he been playing well and we were winning. Most would have laughed this off. Because he was playing bad, it's pile on time.

Meh, bad plays are always magnified when teams lose.  If a team is ahead by 30, a left handed screen pass that goes for a pick 6 doesn't matter either.  Its football and its fans.

• Like 1

Just now, DougDew said:

Meh, bad plays are always magnified when teams lose.  If a team is ahead by 30, a shovel pass that goes for a pick 6 doesn't matter either.  Its football and its fans.

Hey, we almost beat Ohio St.. Huskers are going to be a true force next season IMO. 

I guess my reasoning for why it's such a big deal:

The lineman (yes they sucked yesterday), are out there for every snap. They don't sub out unless they're injured. It's going be a lot more difficult for a QB to go out there the rest of the season, and tell these players "we need 100% right here, we need to get this done". 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, csmopar said:

Pat Macfee and others have put AR on blast for the tap out when healthy in todays game.

at first, I didn’t think much of it but after some thought, I agree with Pat, I think it’s a bad look for a QB to tap out like that. Very Deshawn Watson like. 

things that make one go hmmmm

I was totally disgusted!!!! I'm out on AR!!! I don't think he's 

the sharpest crayon in the box and his football awareness is the pits. He puts me in mind of a person who's been coddled throughout his football journey. He has an entitled attitude! Hard decisions have to be made by the coaches and the front office. Hopefully, it will teach him a valuable lesson in life but i don't think it will happen at the top nor with him! It's sad really when you think of the time invested in him not to mention the fans who also spend money regarding tickets, transportation, food etc.. Even fans who buy t.v. to watch his sorry *!!! He needs to have his butt sat on the bench and maybe it will sink in his thick head that it's not just about him! Yes, i'm angry! This should not be tolerated! He deserves everything the media probably will dish out. How in the world will his teammates give a dam if he continues doing this! I truely hope he learns but i'm not going to hold my breath.

Edited by lincolndefan
removal of the not.

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I guess my reasoning for why it's such a big deal:

The lineman (yes they sucked yesterday), are out there for every snap. They don't sub out unless they're injured. It's going be a lot more difficult for a QB to go out there the rest of the season, and tell these players "we need 100% right here, we need to get this done". 

I doubt that 1 play will matter in the long run, JMO.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Had we won, this would have been a non-issue and the play he sat didn't affect the outcome of the game. He still got us in FG range and we got 3 points. The way people are making it sound, we had 4th and goal from the 2 with a chance to win the game, then he taps out lmao . OK, that would be bad then.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I doubt that 1 play will matter in the long run, JMO.

Well hopefully these next few weeks he can erase some of this stuff. 

He had some moments yesterday. 

Now he's going to have to deal with the adversity of the national media roasting him for a week. 

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think he probably just thought the consequences were minor and would heal.  I think a masochist enjoys pain at some level, not just putting up with it for a reason.  But it was just an example.

But to do something like THAT to prove that he is not "soft" seems like someone who is very insecure and would put his life in danger to prove his toughness. That is nuts. That does not come across as toughness to me. I can't imagine someone wanting to impress me with doing something so inane.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Had we won, this would have been a non-issue and the play he sat didn't affect the outcome of the game. He still got us in FG range and we got 3 points. The way people are making it sound, we had 4th and goal from the 2 with a chance to win the game, then he taps out lmao . OK, that would be bad then.

Yeah. I would say this is getting a bit blown out of proportion... But, like it or not, it is what it is. The media's going to run with the story. Now the Colts, Steichen, and Richardson, have to deal with the adversity. With the nationally televised game upcoming Sunday night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Yeah. I would say this is getting a bit blown out of proportion... But, like it or not, it is what it is. The media's going to run with the story. Now the Colts, Steichen, and Richardson, have to deal with the adversity. With the nationally televised game upcoming Sunday night.

Yeah... I hope he doesn't go the opposite extreme and throw his body into dangerous situations just to make a point... and get injured again... 

Just now, NFLfan said:

But to do something like THAT to prove that he is not "soft" seems like someone who is very insecure and would put his life in danger to prove his toughness. That is nuts. That does not come across as toughness to me. I can't imagine someone wanting to impress me with doing something so inane.

True story: I remember reading in the news years ago that a 40 yr old man wanted to prove he was tough and not soft because his friends were calling him soft, It was a 4th of July party, and this guy bit down on a blackjack firecracker and lit it. It blew half his teeth out and destroyed his jaw. That is how dumb even 40yr olds are.

12 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

I was totally disgusted!!!! I'm out on AR!!! I don't think he's 

the sharpest crayon in the box and his football awareness is the pits. He puts me in mind of a person who's been coddled throughout his football journey. He has an entitled attitude! Hard decisions have to be made by the coaches and the front office. Hopefully, it will teach him a valuable lesson in life but i don't think it will happen at the top nor with him! It's sad really when you think of the time invested in him not to mention the fans who also spend money regarding tickets, transportation, food etc.. Even fans who buy t.v. to watch his sorry *!!! He needs to have his butt sat on the bench and maybe it will sink in his thick head that it's not just about him! Yes, i'm angry! This should not be tolerated! He deserves everything the media probably will dish out. How in the world will his teammates give a dam if he continues doing this! I truely hope he learns but i'm not going to hold my breath.

I’m not out on him…. Yet. I think he needs this year and all of next. If he can stay healthy. If we’re still debating his future a year from now, then I think we know the answer 

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Yeah. I would say this is getting a bit blown out of proportion... But, like it or not,  it is what it is. The media is going to run with the story. Now the Colts, Steichen, and Richardson, have to deal with the adversity.

it absolutely is.. those 2 plays before half were even more boneheaded though...

but oct 18 2015 we ran the worst play in NFL history.. now oct 27 2024 we become the laughing stock again..