Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Titans postgame reaction

GoColts8818

Just now, DougDew said:

That's probably because he wants the Colts to be in the best position to win each game they possibly can, and you want AR to develop as quickly as he can.  Those likely are conflicting goals given that Flacco's QBR in 3 games is 71 and ARs is 50.

Yeah that’s pretty obvious. I just think wanting to play Flacco is pretty short sighted considering the quality of the rest of the team. We’re not contending for anything with Flacco OR AR at QB. 

Even with Flacco the offense is clearly still misfiring and the defense is a bit of a joke to be honest. I mean, credit where credit is due, they tightened up near the end of the game, but if we weren’t facing one of the worst offenses in the league this would’ve been another loss. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The threat of the big play with AR and his legs would of opened up the run game.

Not without Taylor. It's easier to manage and deal with AR without the other piece. The big play was already there. Joe just over threw them when he went for it. He should have had more than 200 yards. I think against that unit AR probably has a few picks on overthrown passes. Or he forced a few things when they do a good job stopping the backup runners. And I still have not seen enough yet in terms of his ability to lead long drives. A little evidence here and there. Joe had to do a few multi play drives today 

14 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Yeah that’s pretty obvious. I just think wanting to play Flacco is pretty short sighted considering the quality of the rest of the team. We’re not contending for anything with Flacco OR AR at QB. 

Even with Flacco the offense is clearly still misfiring and the defense is a bit of a joke to be honest. I mean, credit where credit is due, they tightened up near the end of the game, but if we weren’t facing one of the worst offenses in the league this would’ve been another loss. 

I don’t think the offense has a chance of firing until JT is back in the lineup.  Our backup running backs don’t require game planning for.  That’s just the way it is.  I think the defense will improve with more time.  Ballard might make an acquisition too.  Got to take them one at a time.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

Not without Taylor. The big play was already there. Joe just over threw them when he went for it. He should have had more than 200 yards.

Yes it would have. They would have had to respect his arm. This offense was way to dink and dunk. Then when you have to respect his arm it opens the run game.

30 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

We only scored 2 TD today. How does that make Flacco this great QB? Flacco threw 3 interceptions today but 2 penalties saved him. 

I don't remember 2 ints negated by penalties . Can you elaborate ?

21 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Look I understand where you’re coming from….you’re wanting to give AR reps in hopes that he might turn out to be the guy next year….or the year after ….because the rest of the team is horrible. At least the defense is. I wonder though, if given a Choice…. what the rest of the team would prefer? Flacco or AR? I think the players on the team want to win now and I wouldn’t be surprised if they picked Flacco. Personally, I can’t stand the thought of throwing a season away…. Maybe that is shortsighted but I think we have a legit shot with a Flacco/Taylor led offense this year. Let Richardson sit and take notes this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

You don't say?  Did Moore play?

Just wondering if the pattern holds...that our best player in the DB group is yet another guy that Ballard didn't draft.  Not that he drafted Moore either.

Does it really matter that Ballard didn’t draft Kenny Moore?    Does it really matter that Ballard didn’t draft Womack?   He acquired both of them didn’t he?  Isn’t that good?     

Ballard didn’t draft Stephon Gilmore or Rodney McCoud, or Pierre Desire among others.  But they all helped the Colts win.  

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The Colts narrowly beat, as u call them, a crap team. So what does that make the Colts? Semi crappy???

The Colts win a division game on the road with the backup quarterback and no JT.   

And you trash the Colts.   Why am I not surprised?    :facepalm:     🙄

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yes it would have. They would have had to respect his arm. This offense was way to dink and dunk. Then when you have to respect his arm it opens the run game.

There's nothing wrong with Flaccos arm. Every bomb he threw today was overthrown. He's got plenty of arm strength. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

I wish I knew exactly what was wrong with Pittman’s back. Why are they keeping it so secretive?

I have no problem with them keeping it to themselves.  It’s a health matter between player, doctors and the team.  They will do what’s best. Fans don’t affect the outcome.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Sounds like he is going to keep trying to play as long as colts have something to play for. If colts were open about what was going on they could end the ridiculousness.

It sounds like surgery is an option. If he elects for the surgery, he’ll have to sit out 4-8 until his back heals. 

but, if he waits - he can have the surgery in the offseason

Just now, richard pallo said:

I have no problem with them keeping it to themselves.  It’s a health matter between player, doctors and the team.  They will do what’s best. Fans don’t affect the outcome.

What’s the point of keeping it to themselves? I mean why?  I just find it weird.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If you don’t think the threat of AR using his legs doesn’t help the running back then your not really watching.

That is only going to help so much. It's not like AR has been lighting the scoreboard up even with Taylor. Not having Taylor will matter.

Just now, krunk said:

That is only going to help so much. It's not like AR has been lighting the scoreboard up even with Taylor. Not having Taylor will matter.

Taylor is the one key needed to get into the playoffs. He is just as important as whichever QB is used.

• Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Look I understand where you’re coming from….you’re wanting to give AR reps in hopes that he might turn out to be the guy next year….or the year after ….because the rest of the team is horrible. At least the defense is. I wonder though, if given a Choice…. what the rest of the team would prefer? Flacco or AR? I think the players on the team want to win now and I wouldn’t be surprised if they picked Flacco. Personally, I can’t stand the thought of throwing a season away…. Maybe that is shortsighted but I think we have a legit shot with a Flacco/Taylor led offense this year. Let Richardson sit and take notes this year.

I think the players are 110% behind AR or they would’ve asked to be traded. 

I even think I recall Ballard alluded to having that conversation with Buckner after the ‘22 season. 

I think this is way more about fans being tired of losing than some made up sympathy for players on the team. I get being tired of losing, I’m SO over it myself, but we’re not a contender no matter who we put at QB. Noone outside fans wearing VERY blue tinted glasses believe that. 

I’d rather we try and build a consistent contender instead of taking another wild shot at getting the 7th seed. I don’t see the point in that. It’s what the Colts have been doing for 8 years and I hate it. 

8 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I think the players are 110% behind AR or they would’ve asked to be traded. 

I even think I recall Ballard alluded to having that conversation with Buckner after the ‘22 season. 

I think this is way more about fans being tired of losing than some made up sympathy for players on the team. I get being tired of losing, I’m SO over it myself, but we’re not a contender no matter who we put at QB. Noone outside fans wearing VERY blue tinted glasses believe that. 

I’d rather we try and build a consistent contender instead of taking another wild shot at getting the 7th seed. I don’t see the point in that. It’s what the Colts have been doing for 8 years and I hate it. 

We’re going to play AR and get into the playoffs.  That would be awesome.

35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Taylor is the one key needed to get into the playoffs. He is just as important as whichever QB is used.

Yes and I go one step further and say Goodson should be his backup. Sermon has somehow turned one good game vs the Steelers last year into the number two back for the Colts despite every other game he’s played shows that Steelers game was fluke.  

Still the Colts need Taylor.  He’s the key to the whole offense.  Id like to see the Colts get a little more creative with how they use him, especially with what is in all likely hood going to be two rookies at center and right guard when he gets back.  Get him on the edge behind the tackles and maybe pull Nelson for him too.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pittman made 2 clutch catches today. I for one am glad he was able to play 

Pittman showed us he’s a warrior today.  Anyone whoever wants to call him soft all they need to do is look at what he did today.  In crunch time he put this team on his already broken back.  That’s what a number one WR does.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

More rest days coming up.  He’s a player.

Pretty much he’s saying he’s going to play until he can’t take the pain anymore and then he’s probably done for the season.  Back surgery is tricky for everyday people let alone football players.

49 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts win a division game on the road with the backup quarterback and no JT.   

And you trash the Colts.   Why am I not surprised?    :facepalm:     🙄

And he wonders why he gets so much push back…

1 hour ago, Orioles22 said:

I'd like to see Steichen rotate Richardson in for a few series the next few games. It could be a nightmare for defenses to have to prepare and stop both of them.

When Richardson can play he’s the starter.  Despite what some fans want the Colts have been clear Richardson is the starter.  They are trying to develop him and they know he needs to play now so they can find out if he’s the guy or not.  Flacco is a band aide who, just like Minshew last year is going to expose his limitations the more he plays and the more teams figure out what works vs him.  Flacco has done a great job and done exactly what he was brought here to do but he is no threat to Richardson’s starting job.  

• Like 1