Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Titans postgame reaction

GoColts8818

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He threw a int in the red zone. But there was a penalty 

That's one , not two. Did the penalty contribute to the int ? Crazy but I don't remember the play .

9 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Maybe, fans aren’t trolling but saying AR isn’t ready yet. Maybe he needs to sit and learn from an experienced qb. The guys like 20 games removed from high school games or something like that.

I think he should sit this year... We see how he starts next year and if he makes a mistake or two next year, we sit him again so he can watch a 40 year old make the same mistakes and learn from them. Then in year 5 he might be ready to start by watching from the sidelines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I will say one thing... This feels like Steichen decision and not AR decision and I don't know how I feel about it. I want AR to be more assertive if he feels he's good to go. 

6 hours ago, Solid84 said:

And Flacco did fine. Not the issue. Keep up if you want to butt in. 

The people I’ve responded to here still want to keep playing Flacco even if AR is healthy and there’s no win in that for the Colts. Like you said, it’s marathon not a sprint, so why aim for another mediocre season with Flacco instead of aiming for getting our young QB developed into (hopefully) a franchise QB sooner than later? 

Fair enough but I really didn't see any trolling. AR will play next week more than likely was my point.

So just got home a bit ago. The game was fine and the defense did well. Happy with the win. We shut down Levis more than I thought with the yards and TDs. I'm guessing Levis is just that bad, but we did blitz a lot, so that was nice to see. Flacco did ok, the running game was bad without Taylor mostly. Pittman and Downs did well.

Overall, as a fan rooting for the team, it's nice to get the win. However, it obviously does nothing to ease my concerns about AR and his "injury prone" label or his ability to be a hit as a QB in the NFL. Flacco is like Rivers playing in 2020 with the combination of having Richardson as a possible franchise QB in 2023 with Minshew. So while we were just rooting for Rivers to get us a playoff run in 2020 because we hadn't drafted a QB, this time, most people are hoping we can start AR over Flacco and that part is similar to last year so far with Minshew before Richardson was out for the year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

Mahomes and Brady should have started right away

That’s your opinion. One that Brady himself vehemently disagrees with, as he did an interview talking about how appreciative he was that he got to sit and learn. Success early on does not mean they didn’t need to sit. AR needs to sit more than any of those two probably needed to though, I’ll give you that. He’s one of the rawest QB prospects in draft history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I did not watch the game. Looking like it was one of the last nice days of the year so we took the top off the jeep and cruised into town. By the amount of debate happening, it appears this was a frustrating game. I’m not sorry I missed it. A lot of good posters this year have said this will be an up and down year. Let’s enjoy the win and not argue over should have, could have and would have. Colts won what is basically a must win game. Plenty of season left and I expect the highs to be great and the lows to be extremely frustrating. Buckle up bc we have three months of this. Hopefully it leads to a clear direction for the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

That’s your opinion. One that Brady himself vehemently disagrees with, as he did an interview talking about how appreciative he was that he got to sit and learn. Success early on does not mean they didn’t need to sit. AR needs to sit more than any of those two probably needed to though, I’ll give you that. He’s one of the rawest QB prospects in draft history.

If Brady wanted to sit and learn he did not follow his own advice. He started early in his 2nd year. He should have told Belichick that he did not want to play in his second year so he could sit and learn. Same with Mahone who started in his second year. You learn a  lot more playing then watching. AR Should not play if the coaches think that he simply cannot play IE. He does not yet know how to protect himself. If he continues to seek contract take him out of the game. If he refuses to sit his feet before throwing and sails a ball over a receivers head take him out of the game. But simply learning errors he needs to play through. Playing Flacco this year ahead of AR simply is throwing the year away without maximizing AR's ability to get better or to find out if he can get better.

16 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

If Brady wanted to sit and learn he did not follow his own advice. He started early in his 2nd year. He should have told Belichick that he did not want to play in his second year so he could sit and learn. Same with Mahone who started in his second year. You learn a  lot more playing then watching. AR Should not play if the coaches think that he simply cannot play IE. He does not yet know how to protect himself. If he continues to seek contract take him out of the game. If he refuses to sit his feet before throwing and sails a ball over a receivers head take him out of the game. But simply learning errors he needs to play through. Playing Flacco this year ahead of AR simply is throwing the year away without maximizing AR's ability to get better or to find out if he can get better.

You learn from both. As evidenced by Brady himself saying so. Manning says the opposite. So there really isn’t any definitive  proof one way or another. More up to the individual and what they need to learn. I think AR can benefit from more time with Flacco learning mechanics and decision making through watching and film study. If he’s injury prone (as he appears to be so far) then all the more reason to hold him back until he’s ready.

• Like 1

If he is injury prone then he is done, time to move on. You cannot fix injury prone be sitting on the bench. The problem is that he has not been hurt playing QB. He gets hurt while trying to play running back. All running backs get hurt. All Running QB's who try to play Running Back get hurt. 

Don't understand anything about learning from Flacco. The same crowd wanted Minshew last year for the same reason when anyone with any sense could see he was limited. He goes to Vegas and is now on the bench. If Flacco was in Vegas he would be on he bench.  You may win some games with Flacco but you cannot win with Flacco. We only scored 2 TD's yesterday.  One of those was because of a great play by Pittman. Flacco was not very good against a bad team. He threw high and gave TN an easy interception. AR can do that. He threw into the crowd twice and was picked off and was saved by penalties.  The only way to find out if  AR is the QB of the future is to play him. Do you want to find that out now or waste next year as well.

7 hours ago, stitches said:

I will say one thing... This feels like Steichen decision and not AR decision and I don't know how I feel about it. I want AR to be more assertive if he feels he's good to go. 

I think none of us saw the full practice on Thursday. Maybe he didn’t look great in Thursday practice so Steichen made the decision after that. The fact he went back to limited after having a full practice tells us a lot.

Derek Carr has the same injury and is going to miss 2 to 3 weeks..