Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What team will have the most fans this Sunday ?

dw49

I'm thinking probably around 50-50 . What a disgrace the Bear game was . I'm thinking this one will be worse. I still remember flying from Syracuse NY years ago to watch the Colt vs Tenn playoff game. I had dinner with a Colt coach and he gave his dad about 8 tickets to sell for him and another coach. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I'm thinking probably around 50-50 . What a disgrace the Bear game was . I'm thinking this one will be worse. I still remember flying from Syracuse NY years ago to watch the Colt vs Tenn playoff game. I had dinner with a Colt coach and he gave his dad about 8 tickets to sell for him and another coach. 

Thats what it always is when they come to town.

Its really a problem. Our team shouldnt have trouble hearing the snap count in thier own building. People will blame the product, but thats not what it is.

That playoff game is the prime example. We had our best season ever up until that point. 

We just don't take pride in our team. We only enjoy winning. 

• Like 3

I have said it before and got ridiculed. But the fans fans that go to LOS are soft.  They yell on 3rd down and cheer when there is a big play otherwise they sit on their hands

This is and will be evident this Sunday   when the Steeler fans are louder than the Colts fans, and the amount of tickets that the steelers were able to aquire.  Because there are WAY to many season tickets are not owned by actual fans but corporations and ticket resellers who will sell to anyone and the companies give out tickets to clients etc for the experience.

Steeler fans are the most annoying fans I have ever been around  And I saw the raiders in the 80's in LA. 

This kind of "sell out" (pun intended). Didn't happen in "The Hoosier Dome".   Yea I love when it was named that.

I really hope I am wrong on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Indy isn’t the only place this happens.  Is it?

No.  Some fans travel well. Steelers for sure. Took over Atlanta week 1.

also, speaking of Bears fans.  Large and loud presence week two in Houston.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I have said it before and got ridiculed. But the fans fans that go to LOS are soft.  They yell on 3rd down and cheer when there is a big play otherwise they sit on their hands

This is and will be evident this Sunday   when the Steeler fans are louder than the Colts fans, and the amount of tickets that the steelers were able to aquire.  Because there are WAY to many season tickets are not owned by actual fans but corporations and ticket resellers who will sell to anyone and the companies give out tickets to clients etc for the experience.

Steeler fans are the most annoying fans I have ever been around  And I saw the raiders in the 80's in LA. 

This kind of "sell out" (pun intended). Didn't happen in "The Hoosier Dome".   Yea I love when it was named that.

I really hope I am wrong on Sunday. 

It is sad seeing our fans just sitting around doing nothing while other teams fans are all going absolutely nuts. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, dw49 said:

Considering there were more bear fans than colts fans Sunday, I’m guessing it’ll be mostly yellow stupid towels

14 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

Its really a problem. Our team shouldnt have trouble hearing the snap count in thier own building. People will blame the product, but thats not what it is.

Yeah, the Bears product hasn't been all that attractive, either. On the Colts first third down, it sounded like a Bears home game.

15 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Indy isn’t the only place this happens.  Is it?

Practically all Chargers home games are away games. Panthers too. 

When the Steelers play in Cincy it's always 50/50. 

Steelers fans travel everywhere and apparently have crap loads of money to do it every year. 

21 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Practically all Chargers home games are away games. Panthers too. 

When the Steelers play in Cincy it's always 50/50. 

Steelers fans travel everywhere and apparently have crap loads of money to do it every year. 

Grandfathered Steel City money!! :) 

20 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Keep in mind folks, before 1984 almost all of Northern Indiana was Bears country. 

Chicago is only 3 hours away from Indianapolis. It was a day trip for Bears fans to come down. 

My point, though, is that Bears fans turn out to support their team, even though their team hasn't been very good. So when people say 'the Colts have been disappointing, that's why there are so many visiting fans,' it doesn't quite add up.

• Like 2

Just now, Superman said:

My point, though, is that Bears fans turn out to support their team, even though their team hasn't been very good. So when people say 'the Colts have been disappointing, that's why there are so many visiting fans,' it doesn't quite add up.

Yes. Bears fans are die hard and will always support their team. no matter how bad they are. 

My point is, there are still a lot of northern Indiana families that are Bears fans because that was their original team. Fort Wayne and South Bend for example are mostly Bears strongholds. 

Indianapolis (1984) is still a relatively young franchise compared to Chicago (1920). 

Our reach as a market is pretty minimal. We're right between Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Nashville and Cleveland. All of those cities pull fans away. 

We might actually be the smallest NFL market, just under the Jaguars... 

There's other factors as well. Indiana is one of the poorest states in the U.S. We don't have much spending money... Basketball to this day is still more important than football. Just look at the Fever attendance. 

It's actually pretty surprising that the Irsay family chose us to relocate to in hindsight... 

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yes. Bears fans are die hard and will always support their team. no matter how bad they are. 

My point is, there are still a lot of northern Indiana families that are Bears fans because that was their original team. Fort Wayne and South Bend for example are mostly Bears strongholds. 

Indianapolis (1984) is still a relatively young franchise compared to Chicago (1920). 

Our reach as a market is pretty minimal. We're right between Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Nashville and Cleveland. All of those cities pull fans away. 

We might actually be the smallest NFL market, just under the Jaguars... 

There's other factors as well. Indiana is one of the poorest states in the U.S. We don't have much spending money... Basketball to this day is still more important than football. Just look at the Fever attendance. 

It's actually pretty surprising that the Irsay family chose us to relocate to in hindsight... 

But none of those factors stop fans from coming to games when the team is winning 10+ games every season... And the Bears fans in northern Indiana aren't so hard up that they can't buy tickets and take a day trip to go support their team on the road.

I like to stay out of this conversation. I'm not local, so it's kind of not my place to talk about it. I think Indy fans get treated kind of poorly by national media and other fanbases, etc. And I'm not judging all the locals, either. 

But... Sunday was hard to watch. It was like a Bears home game. And this Sunday might be worse. The Steelers always travel well, they're a bigger fanbase than the Bears, they always seem to beat the Colts, and they're actually playing well this year. Maybe I picked the wrong game for my first visit to Indy... 

It's obvious that enthusiasm for the Colts has been dampened, otherwise it wouldn't be so easy for other fanbases to take over the stadium. And it's okay for locals and former season ticket holders to choose not to spend money going to games, especially if that's in response to the lack of success the team has had in recent years. Everyone is free to express their fandom and opinions in whatever way they see fit, especially when it comes to spending money. But it's kind of disappointing when half the stadium is visiting fans, and they're louder than the home fans on third downs.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

But none of those factors stop fans from coming to games when the team is winning 10+ games every season... And the Bears fans in northern Indiana aren't so hard up that they can't buy tickets and take a day trip to go support their team on the road.

I like to stay out of this conversation. I'm not local, so it's kind of not my place to talk about it. I think Indy fans get treated kind of poorly by national media and other fanbases, etc. And I'm not judging all the locals, either. 

But... Sunday was hard to watch. It was like a Bears home game. And this Sunday might be worse. The Steelers always travel well, they're a bigger fanbase than the Bears, they always seem to beat the Colts, and they're actually playing well this year. Maybe I picked the wrong game for my first visit to Indy... 

It's obvious that enthusiasm for the Colts has been dampened, otherwise it wouldn't be so easy for other fanbases to take over the stadium. And it's okay for locals and former season ticket holders to choose not to spend money going to games, especially if that's in response to the lack of success the team has had in recent years. Everyone is free to express their fandom and opinions in whatever way they see fit, especially when it comes to spending money. But it's kind of disappointing when half the stadium is visiting fans, and they're louder than the home fans on third downs.

That's fair. I used to be a season ticket holder. I just can't afford it anymore. 

I knew it was bad when I was getting calls year after year on buying tickets. When I was younger it was a waiting list to just even be considered for season tickets... 

Fans are pretty meh around here when it comes to going to live games. 

• Like 2

This has been a problem since 1984 and you think it would’ve gotten better in all that time. The number one problem is that Colts season ticket holders like to make money on their tickets and this is the problem because Steeler fans and other well traveled fan bases will pay a lot of money. These are not true Colts fans if you had financial issues, you couldn’t afford your season tickets so don’t complain that you’re selling your tickets to be able to afford things, it’s about selling out the team. This may sound harsh, but it’s the truth and I wish it would stop.

5 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

This has been a problem since 1984 and you think it would’ve gotten better in all that time. The number one problem is that Colts season ticket holders like to make money on their tickets and this is the problem because Steeler fans and other well traveled fan bases will pay a lot of money. These are not true Colts fans if you had financial issues, you couldn’t afford your season tickets so don’t complain that you’re selling your tickets to be able to afford things, it’s about selling out the team. This may sound harsh, but it’s the truth and I wish it would stop.

Hence why I elected to stop paying for season tickets. I couldn’t bring myself to selling them to other fans. Especially not nasty Steelers fans. 

My reasoning was the hope that some other die hard Colts family would go in my stead. 

I will say the final game of the season last year we showed up and represented well. We brought our best, the team just didn’t respond…

• Thanks 1