Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Packers predictions

danlhart87

I am guaranteeing victory, and I rarely do it. Putting $100 on the Colts again like I did last week, this time I am giving up 2.5 (we are favored)- we will win by more than 2 points. I had the Colts and 2.5 last week, I won. We are facing probably the worst QB in the league; we roll in this one. Last week our Run D was a problem because we respected Stroud way too much, that isn't happening this week.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am guaranteeing victory, and I rarely do it. Putting $100 on the Colts again like I did last week, this time I am giving up 2.5 (we are favored)- we will win by more than 2 points. I had the Colts and 2.5 last week, I won. We are facing probably the worst QB in the league; we roll in this one. Last week our Run D was a problem because we respected Stroud way too much, that isn't happening this week.

I hope it pays off for you.

My only fear is that the Colts will continue to follow through on history and allow a terrible QB to have a career day by playing extreme off coverage.  I think we're gonna clamp down on the running game.  We'd better.  But vs the pass?  Have you ever seen Malik Willis throw 300 yards?  We just might this Sunday.

I was just listening to a Colts vs Green bay preview podcast and they were talking about positives and negatives for Malik Willis in this game and the Green bay guy just said something like "on a positive Gus Bradley kind of does Gus Bradley Willis doesn't have to worry about any chaos defense they are gonna play their cover 2 shell and with his defense what you see is what you get."

Now I would say that is the problem with our defense, if all our opponents are going this defense is gonna do this specific thing and not change. All they have to do is find one way to beat it and keep using it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I hope it pays off for you.

My only fear is that the Colts will continue to follow through on history and allow a terrible QB to have a career day by playing extreme off coverage.  I think we're gonna clamp down on the running game.  We'd better.  But vs the pass?  Have you ever seen Malik Willis throw 300 yards?  We just might this Sunday.

I have seen a few backups torch us, freakin Gus lol. I highly doubt Willis does though, if that happens, his rear end needs to be gone.

• Like 1

This scouting report sounds at least a little bit familiar: 

Willis possesses the best athletic ability of any quarterback prospect in this year's class without a doubt - he is strong, has a powerful running style, is super-fast, and elusive with probably the strongest arm in the class. He however struggles with accuracy, is very raw, and currently needs a lot of development time to learn the intricacies of the pro game.

Willis if goes to a team that is willing to let him develop his elite athletic talents without rushing him into action could become a special player, although it's far from guaranteed and we regard him as the ultimate boom-bust prospect.
It's likely he will be selected in the mid to late first round of the 2022 NFL Draft.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Malik-Willis-QB-Liberty

23 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If the Colts lose.  Oh my, I bet Irsay fires some body!! Colts should win this game walking away. Green Bay may hold the Colts to say 25 points. However, based on Willis' history of play, they should be lucky to get a field goal even against Gus's D. Then the Colts front office and coaches will jump up and down and say how great this D is if they only play as a group!!

Irsay isn't firing anyone after 2 weeks.   Good lord

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

I was just listening to a Colts vs Green bay preview podcast and they were talking about positives and negatives for Malik Willis in this game and the Green bay guy just said something like "on a positive Gus Bradley kind of does Gus Bradley Willis doesn't have to worry about any chaos defense they are gonna play their cover 2 shell and with his defense what you see is what you get."

Now I would say that is the problem with our defense, if all our opponents are going this defense is gonna do this specific thing and not change. All they have to do is find one way to beat it and keep using it.

I mean that 4th and goal pass coverage was disgusting how easy it was for the Texans. Stuff like that is definitely being watched by other teams.

20 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If I remember right colts scored TD both times they were in the red zone against Texans. We need more opportunities and we will score a ton of points.

I believe AR's INT was in the redzone when our TE slipped on the turf.

If I recall, two of Willis's strengths is his ability to run with his 4.42 speed and he loved the deep ball when in college. Hope he makes mistakes as I believe this will be a fairly high scoring game (plus 50 pts).

• Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 4:26 PM, danlhart87 said:

Colts 17

Packers 20

Richardson

231 yards 1 td 2 int (fumble lost)

7 rushes 41 yards

Taylor

17 rushes 71 yards

Willis 

187 yards 0 td 2 int

4 rushes 17 yards

Jacobs

27 rushes 112 yards 2 tds

Game time getting near but I'm not ready yet to make a prediction because I haven't heard what Dakich and Ventura said. :funny:

• Like 2

Willis is the QB I hoped the colts drafted. Some, like Mel Kiper said he would go first overall. He's some what a smaller version of AR. He may never make it as a NFL QB but the raw physical talent is definitely there. The Titans, imo, did a poor job of developing him. Fortunately for him, he's now with the Packers who have a good track record developing QBs. At the very least, he should be a viable gadget play QB. 

A competent defensive game plan should easily shut down their run and force Willis to beat them deep with accurate downfield passes....... but a competent defensive game plan AND Gus Bradley don't usually go together. haha

Playing the Packers today. Brings back memories of one of my all time favorite post-game quotes of a head coach. 2004 after the Colts completely annihilated the Packers in all aspects of the game but needed a Jason David interception with around 2 minutes to go to seal it, I was watching the post game press conference(which I hardly ever do) and Dungy says:"I'm not sure what the refs were doing out there today except trying to keep the game close". You hear a lot of chuckling throughout the room by the media jacks, they thought it was funny, problem was Dungy was being serious. The game that day was officiated by the great Ed Hochuli crew and it was nothing short of embarrassing for the league, absolutely ridiculous. But we prevailed somehow. Now onto today's game, I sure hope the Colts don't make Willis look like a hall of famer today, STOP THE RUN and let Willis throw the ball to our guys(he's not that good). Colts 30 Packers 20. P.S. I hope the nfl doesn't bring Hochuli out of retirement for this one or we will be screwed.