Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Packers predictions

danlhart87

43 minutes ago, Lifetime Colt said:

34-13 Colts. AR 17-24 280yds 3 td's,  55 rushing 1 td.

JT 22 carries 106 yds 1 td, 45 pass yds.

Def. 3 sacks 2 ints 

On 9/11/2024 at 2:30 PM, Solid84 said:

If Willis plays we have to win this.

If the Colts lose.  Oh my, I bet Irsay fires some body!! Colts should win this game walking away. Green Bay may hold the Colts to say 25 points. However, based on Willis' history of play, they should be lucky to get a field goal even against Gus's D. Then the Colts front office and coaches will jump up and down and say how great this D is if they only play as a group!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If the Colts lose.  Oh my, I bet Irsay fires some body!! Colts should win this game walking away. Green Bay may hold the Colts to say 25 points. However, based on Willis' history of play, they should be lucky to get a field goal even against Gus's D. Then the Colts front office and coaches will jump up and down and say how great this D is if they only play as a group!!

Irsay is not firing anybody if they lose. Packers are a very good team and game should be a toss up. It's their home opener and their D will be fired up. This game is a coin flip.

On 9/11/2024 at 8:38 PM, ImissPeyton18 said:

Richardson pitches a 7/20 for 112 yards. Flacco comes in after the half, 16/20 for 230 yards but can't overcome a bad defensive effort and go down 21 - 13.

Your AR hate needs to get out of here, 'snaps fingers',. Meet Homer, Homer say something charming to the Troll, Homer = Angry Homer Simpson GIF by FOX TV

• Like 1

Has all the makings of a trap game, unfortunately.

Love being out is getting the headlines, but the Colts might also be missing their best defensive player (DeFo), their best S (JB) and one of their starting ERs (Paye).

And one thing that might be overlooked is that while Willis hasn't passed well, he can run. We haven't seen this defense against a mobile QB like that since Week 3 of last year. In that game, Lamar went for 101 yards and 2 TDs on the ground.

So expect to see some designed runs from Willis and frustration when he converts 3Ds.

And after how HOU ran all over the Colts, GB might not even have to pass all that much, so Willis' deficiency as a passer is mitigated. And it's only going to be more difficult with key injuries/limited players on defense., including arguably their best two run defenders in DeFo and Paye.

GB is also a SB contender and need to get back to 1-1. This game ias at Lambeau Field, where GB has a really high winning % and have won 11 straight home openers.

I would love to see a blowout, but I think it's close. I will go with the Colts winning 20-17 because the offense can score just enough to win. And 0-2 would be a depressing start to the season.

23 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Love being out is getting the headlines, but the Colts might also be missing their best defensive player (DeFo), their best S (JB) and one of their starting ERs (Paye).

And one thing that might be overlooked is that while Willis hasn't passed well, he can run. We haven't seen this defense against a mobile QB like that since Week 3 of last year. In that game, Lamar went for 101 yards and 2 TDs on the ground.

So expect to see some designed runs from Willis and frustration when he converts 3Ds.

And after how HOU ran all over the Colts, GB might not even have to pass all that much, so Willis' deficiency as a passer is mitigated. And it's only going to be more difficult with key injuries/limited players on defense., including arguably their best two run defenders in DeFo and Paye.

GB is also a SB contender and need to get back to 1-1. This game ias at Lambeau Field, where GB has a really high winning % and have won 11 straight home openers.

I would love to see a blowout, but I think it's close. I will go with the Colts winning 20-17 because the offense can score just enough to win. And 0-2 would be a depressing start to the season.

I think them allowing all those rush yards was the result of the game plan.

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

If it was me I wouldn’t have designed runs when he is really your only quarterback option.  But that’s just me.

56 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If it was me I wouldn’t have designed runs when he is really your only quarterback option.  But that’s just me.

Won't Clifford be brought up as the backup though? I don't see them taking designed runs out of the playbook in a game they want to win. 

54 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I feel dumb I didn’t even think about Cross at SS. Thomas was the forgotten man lol.

The question is how limited he will be. 

Blackmon ended up on IR last year with a shoulder and is already out with a shoulder? That doesn't bode well for a whole season.

Any updates on DeFo and Paye?

2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Won't Clifford be brought up as the backup though? I don't see them taking designed runs out of the playbook in a game they want to win. 

Yeah he’s the backup to the backup.  Why risk getting your backup injured and then going to your 3rd string quarterback.  Seems very risky to me.  

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Blackmon ended up on IR last year with a shoulder and is already out with a shoulder? That doesn't bode well for a whole season.

Any updates on DeFo and Paye?

I was t talking about the season. I was talking  about this game. With Willis they will probably run more. So cross filling in at FS we should be fine.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah he’s the backup to the backup.  Why risk getting your backup injured and then going to your 3rd string quarterback.  Seems very risky to me.  

It is risky, but they could probably find another backup QB if he got hurt.

I think Willis is starting because they think he can maybe help them steal a game or two until Love is back. To do that...he will have to run. But we will see. I would bet the Colts have Jason Bean running the scout offense just in case.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I was t talking about the season. I was talking  about this game. With Willis they will probably run more. So cross filling in at FS we should be fine.

I know. Blackmon missing a game due to his shoulder (after missing two games at the end of last season for a shoulder injury) does not bode well for the rest of the season.