Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Re-vamped week by week pick'em thread for the 2024 Season!

This is the new official thread to kick off the 2024 season. Same rules apply as last season. If you don't a pick a game in any week before gametime, it goes as a loss.

2023 Standings

1. @2006Coltsbestever173-99

1. @Moe173-99

3. @chad72171-101

4. @Chrisaaron1023169-103

4. @EasyE169-103

6. @w87r167-105

6. @VikingsFanInChennai167-105

8. @RollerColt157-115

8. @coltsva157-115

10. @Solid84146-94, missed 1st 2 weeks of picking (0-32)

10 people participated last season. Moe and I had a Split Championship, in Boxing terms a Draw. I am ready to defend my Championship, Mike Tyson Boxing GIF by SHOWTIME Sports- this will be fun.

Here is the opening week schedule:

Thursday - September 5th

Ravens at Chiefs

Friday - September 6th

Packers at Eagles

Sunday - September 8th

Steelers at Falcons

Cardinals at Bills

Titans at Bears

Patriots at Bengals

Texans at Colts

Jags at Dolphins

Panthers at Saints

Vikings at Giants

Raiders at Chargers

Broncos at Seahawks

Cowboys at Browns

Commanders at Bucs

Rams at Lions

Monday - September 9th

Jets at 49ers

• Like 6

• NFLfan pinned this topic
51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan, please pin this, you can delete the other threads. I have everything updated here. Much appreciated my good friend. I have a feeling, a lot of people want to beat me this year, but I love the competition. 

Good luck everyone!

Done. I see on the other thread that there were other people who wanted to play. Are you going to mention them? For example, I saw that @landrus13 wrote that he is in.

Here is a link to the other thread that I locked. I included a link to this new thread.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Done. I see on the other thread that there were other people who wanted to play. Are you going to mention them? For example, I saw that @landrus13 wrote that he is in.

Here is a link to the other thread that I locked. I included a link to this new thread.

Noted and thanks. I just wanted too re-do the thread since we are 2 weeks away. :thmup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I won't be participating this year, sorry!!! Too busy with family stuff and critical year for my daughter, lining up college visits and getting lots of ducks in a row etc.

That is cool, you did great last season so we will miss your competition. It is time consuming though so no biggy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will throw out a little teaser. I am picking the Ravens over Chiefs and Colts over Texans. I will study the other games more. 

I’m going Ravens over Chiefs as well but probably going Texans over Colts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moe said:

I’m going Ravens over Chiefs as well but probably going Texans over Colts.

KC usually plays their best football at the end of the season, and I also think the Ravens will want revenge for last year's AFC Title Game. I think the Colts can get their game being at home. They will probably split with Houston. 

• Like 1

Thursday - September 5th

Ravens 24 Chiefs 30

Friday - September 6th

Packers 20 Eagles 24

Sunday - September 8th

Steelers 17 Falcons 23

Cardinals 27 Bills 34

Titans 14 Bears 27

Patriots 13 Bengals 24

Texans 34 Colts 20

Jags 24 Dolphins 31

Panthers 21 Saints 17

Vikings 20 Giants 17

Raiders 13 Chargers 27

Broncos 24 Seahawks 23

Cowboys 20 Browns 21

Commanders 17 Bucs 24

Rams 27 Lions 33

Monday - September 9th

Jets 28 49ers 31

Here are my predictions for week 1!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Thursday - September 5th

Ravens 24 Chiefs 30

Friday - September 6th

Packers 20 Eagles 24

Sunday - September 8th

Steelers 17 Falcons 23

Cardinals 27 Bills 34

Titans 14 Bears 27

Patriots 13 Bengals 24

Texans 34 Colts 20

Jags 24 Dolphins 31

Panthers 21 Saints 17

Vikings 20 Giants 17

Raiders 13 Chargers 27

Broncos 24 Seahawks 23

Cowboys 20 Browns 21

Commanders 17 Bucs 24

Rams 27 Lions 33

Monday - September 9th

Jets 28 49ers 31

Here are my predictions for week 1!

We already disagree on 2, Interesting. I won't give my full picks until opening night. I do like the Ravens on opening night though. I like the Colts to pull the upset off as well over the Texans.

Last season my before SB picks were Ravens vs Lions (Ravens winning), they both made the Final 4. I was close. This season I am picking the Ravens vs Packers (Ravens winning). I think it will be Lamar's time finally, I thought it would be last season, but the Ravens came up short. They got Henry, who I think still has 1 or 2 good years left, that is a gigantic addition + they have a good defense. Lions had their chance last season with a 24-7 lead against the 49ers, a hunch tells me that they won't be in that position again. Also, I think the 49ers had their golden opportunity last season as well. It is Jordan Love's turn now to come out of the NFC.

How can I bet against a Mt Rushmore QB in Mahomes not winning the SB? Great question. Of course, my Mt Rushmore is Brady/Montana/Peyton/Mahomes! My answer: Not easy to do but in the SB era, no team has ever 3-peated and lady luck can only be on your side for so long. The Chiefs barely beat the Bills, Ravens, and 49ers during their run last season and had a lot go their way. I don't see that happening this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We already disagree on 2, Interesting. I won't give my full picks until opening night. I do like the Ravens on opening night though. I like the Colts to pull the upset off as well over the Texans.

Last season my before SB picks were Ravens vs Lions (Ravens winning), they both made the Final 4. I was close. This season I am picking the Ravens vs Packers (Ravens winning). I think it will be Lamar's time finally, I thought it would be last season, but the Ravens came up short. They got Henry, who I think still has 1 or 2 good years left, that is a gigantic addition + they have a good defense. Lions had their chance last season with a 24-7 lead against the 49ers, a hunch tells me that they won't be in that position again. Also, I think the 49ers had their golden opportunity last season as well. It is Jordan Love's turn now to come out of the NFC.

How can I bet against a Mt Rushmore QB in Mahomes not winning the SB? Great question. Of course, my Mt Rushmore is Brady/Montana/Peyton/Mahomes! My answer: Not easy to do but in the SB era, no team has ever 3-peated and lady luck can only be on your side for so long. The Chiefs barely beat the Bills, Ravens, and 49ers during their run last season and had a lot go their way. I don't see that happening this season.

Ravens and Packers are a solid SB prediction. Right now, I have Chiefs/Lions. I don't think anyone will overtake the Chiefs unless Mahomes gets injured. Kelce is still there, Worthy looks very good to be the Hill replacement, I love Carson Steele as the no3 RB and the FB on their team, and the defense still looks solid even without Sneed. The Lions look incredible besides a 3rd WR as well. I really think they make the SB this year. They might have the no1 offense, and the defense looks better with the additions of Terrion Arnold and Ennis Rakestraw in the secondary. IMO, they will take the next step and make their first SB as a franchise. 

My top 4 order is similar at QB with Brady/Montana/Mahomes/Peyton in that order. Mahomes passed Peyton by after winning the SB last year. However, still the same top 4 as you.

• Like 1

Just now, Yoshinator said:

Ravens and Packers are a solid SB prediction. Right now, I have Chiefs/Lions. I don't think anyone will overtake the Chiefs unless Mahomes gets injured. Kelce is still there, Worthy looks very good to be the Hill replacement, I love Carson Steele as the no3 RB and the FB on their team, and the defense still looks solid even without Sneed. The Lions look incredible besides a 3rd WR as well. I really think they make the SB this year. They might have the no1 offense, and the defense looks better with the additions of Terrion Arnold and Ennis Rakestraw in the secondary. IMO, they will take the next step and make their first SB as a franchise. 

My top 4 order is similar at QB with Brady/Montana/Mahomes/Peyton in that order. Mahomes passed Peyton by after winning the SB last year. However, still the same top 4 as you.

The 2 games that the Lions and Packers play will decide a lot because whoever wins that division will have an easier path to the SB. I still have Peyton ranked barely over Mahomes all-time mainly because, Peyton is 5-2 in MVP's and although Mahomes has him 3-2 in SB's, Peyton won a SB with 2 different teams/coaches. If Mahomes 3-Peat's than yeah, I would rank Mahomes ahead of him.

• Like 1

Thursday - September 5th

Ravens at Chiefs

Friday - September 6th

Packers at Eagles

Sunday - September 8th

Steelers at Falcons

Cardinals at Bills

Titans at Bears

Patriots at Bengals

Texans at Colts

Jags at Dolphins

Panthers at Saints

Vikings at Giants

Raiders at Chargers

Broncos at Seahawks

Cowboys at Browns

Commanders at Bucs

Rams at Lions

Monday - September 9th

Jets at 49ers

• Like 2

So, is this game just picking the winners of each game? No guessing the closest scores or +\- spreads? I may partake, but will probably forget at times being that I’m in another pickem league with some serious $$$ on the line!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IndyEV said:

So, is this game just picking the winners of each game? No guessing the closest scores or +\- spreads? I may partake, but will probably forget at times being that I’m in another pickem league with some serious $$$ on the line!

It's just picking the winners each week. If you fail to pick a game though, it goes down as a loss. 

Last year was so competitive, I doubt anything can top that. Between @Moe@chad72, @EasyE,and @Chrisaaron1023 switching picks and sticking with it every week gave me trouble. Moe ended up tying me, chad damn near beat me too. I will have my picks in soon. I feel like a boxer who went through some wars last year but still undefeated with 1 draw. My good luck charm is Homer = sexy homer simpson GIF

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

My Top picks for AFCCG:

1. Chiefs vs Jets

2. Chiefs vs Texans

3. Chiefs vs Colts :thinking:  (yeah, I guess I'm a bit of a homer, :funny:)

If I am Texans fan, my optimism would be way up there, can't lie. Having said that I don't think they are on a level of the Ravens, Bengals with Burrow healthy, or the Jets if Rodgers is healthy. I am not even sold on whether or not they could beat the Bills or Dolphins in a playoff situation. It will be the Chiefs vs somebody, I agree. As of now I say the Ravens. There is really no reason why the Ravens won't be back unless Lamar gets injured. They even added Henry. They destroyed the Texans in the Divisional Round and made Stroud look bad.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 9:22 PM, Moe said:

Week one picks 

Ravens

Eagles

Texans

Bengals

Bills

Bears

Dolphins

Steelers

Saints

Vikings

Seahawks

Chargers

Cowboys

Buccaneers

Lions

49ers

Ravens

Packers

Colts

Bengals

Bills

Bears

Dolphins 

Falcons

Saints

Vikings

Seahawks 

Chargers

Cowboys 

Bucs

Lions

Jets

We disagree on 4. I am going for the KO early homer simpson episode 3 GIF

• Like 2

Thursday - September 5th

Ravens at Chiefs

Friday - September 6th

Packers at Eagles

Sunday - September 8th

Steelers at Falcons

Cardinals at Bills

Titans at Bears

Patriots at Bengals

Texans at Colts

Jags at Dolphins

Panthers at Saints

Vikings at Giants

Raiders at Chargers

Broncos at Seahawks

Cowboys at Browns

Commanders at Bucs

Rams at Lions

Monday - September 9th

Jets at 49ers

Gambling a bit with the Ravens and the Packers. I think the Ravens want it more and I think the Packers will have a really good season starting with beating a NFC contender.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2024 at 4:25 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I am Texans fan, my optimism would be way up there, can't lie. Having said that I don't think they are on a level of the Ravens, Bengals with Burrow healthy, or the Jets if Rodgers is healthy. I am not even sold on whether or not they could beat the Bills or Dolphins in a playoff situation. It will be the Chiefs vs somebody, I agree. As of now I say the Ravens. There is really no reason why the Ravens won't be back unless Lamar gets injured. They even added Henry. They destroyed the Texans in the Divisional Round and made Stroud look bad.

You are basing my afccg picks and your picks on team talent, which is of course logical. However, my choices are based on other factors. 

I agree ravens and a healthy burrow should be top contenders. But so far ravens haven't shined when it matters most. And Burrow as great as he is, still plays for the bengals. Major kudos to him getting that franchise to a super bowl, but can we expect them to consistently succeed in deep playoff runs that get them to the championship game which is just one game from the super bowl??? 

I would love Allen, Burrow, and Jackson take their respective teams all the way but not confident, despite their great talent, it will be in the cards for them.

• Like 1

Dingus McGirt’s Week 1 Selections:

Thursday - September 5th

Chiefs

Friday - September 6th

Eagles

Sunday - September 8th

Falcons

Bills

Titans

Bengals

Colts

Dolphins

Panthers

Vikings

Chargers

Seahawks

Browns

Bucs

Lions

Monday - September 9th

49ers

• Like 2

Thursday Night Football Season Kickoff

Ravens 31 vs. Chiefs 28

Friday Night Brazilian Special

Packers 27 vs. Eagles 23

Sunday Games

Steelers 17 vs. Falcons 21

Cardinals 28 vs. Bills 34

Titans 13 vs. Bears 20

Patriots 10 vs. Bengals 21

Texans 24 vs. Colts 20

Jaguars 24 vs. Dolphins 38

Panthers 14 vs. Saints 21

Vikings 9 vs. Giants 12

Raiders 20 vs. Chargers 26

Broncos 17 vs. Seahawks 23

Cowboys 25 vs. Browns 16

Commanders 13 vs. Buccaneers 16

Sunday Night Football

Rams 21 vs. Lions 28

Monday Night Football

Jets 24 vs. 49ers 23

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Thursday Night Football Season Kickoff

Ravens 31 vs. Chiefs 28

Friday Night Brazilian Special

Packers 27 vs. Eagles 23

Sunday Games

Steelers 17 vs. Falcons 21

Cardinals 28 vs. Bills 34

Titans 13 vs. Bears 20

Patriots 10 vs. Bengals 21

Texans 24 vs. Colts 20

Jaguars 24 vs. Dolphins 38

Panthers 14 vs. Saints 21

Vikings 9 vs. Giants 12

Raiders 20 vs. Chargers 26

Broncos 17 vs. Seahawks 23

Cowboys 25 vs. Browns 16

Commanders 13 vs. Buccaneers 16

Sunday Night Football

Rams 21 vs. Lions 28

Monday Night Football

Jets 24 vs. 49ers 23

Only 2 games we have different is Texans at Indy and Vikings at Giants. I think Darnold stinks but the Giants stink period.

Okay I'm here. I'm going to try and make it through this season. I'm not well but grateful to still be here fighting and I missed and love all my Colts family. Here's my worthless picks lol

Ravens 

Packers 

Colts

Bills

Bengals 

Giants 

Bears

Panthers 

Falcons 

Dolphins 

Raiders 

Broncos 

Browns

Commanders

Rams

Jets

Missed you all and I will try and be on here more.

Go Colts!!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Only 2 games we have different is Texans at Indy and Vikings at Giants. I think Darnold stinks but the Giants stink period.

Yep. I’m thinking it’s going to be a coin flip for the Giants game. Darnold could either see ghosts or receivers. 

The Texans are just ahead of us development wise. That’s what happens though when they manage to get 2 of the top 3 picks in a draft, and hit on both of them. 

Bill O’Brien really screwed himself out of a job, but ironically his fire sale of high value players paved the way to a fast rebuild. 

• Like 2