Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Preseason #3: Colts @ Bengals, Thursday, August 22, 2024, 8:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Amazon Football GIF by NFL On Prime

Tonight, your Indianapolis Colts play their final exhibition game before the real games begin a week later. They will play the Bengals on the road in Cincinnati.

What will you be looking for in this game? Do you expect any starters to play?

Let's hope there are no more injuries in this one. Enjoy it! :colts:

Indianapolis Colts Football GIF by Sealed With A GIF

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Yea well even if the Bengals starters aren’t playing I’m just happy our guys will get some more time on the field to gel together. Football is nearly back!

Maybe… we could have visitors from outside this planet come and take us over tomorrows Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Moe said:

How can I watch the game? I don’t like all this steaming stuff!

If not in Indy, it's on Amazon Prime. I'm in Upstate NY...I have Prime so I can watch Yanks on Wednesdays and football on Thursdays.

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

On 3rd down, pick the weakest tackle and put Latu there. It doesn’t matter what side, imo. He’s going to wreck guys that aren’t top tier.

Absolutely! Latu is going to take a man off of Buckner as well. They'll feast this season.

• Like 4

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Dude, I’m not going to “defend” anything.  I watched both videos.  I’m on record for how I feel about the soft D and the lack of FA DBs that could have been brought in.     All that said, it’s game one.  I’m willing to see how it goes before panicking.   Besides complaining, what else can we do?
    • Something I find a little amusing about all this whining about the defense. On December 10th 2006 we went to Jacksonville and gave up 375 yards rushing on 42 carries. What happened later that season? Oh yea, we won the super bowl. Too many of you people on here who obviously know more than Chris Ballard and Shane Stiechen need to get a grip. I don't like the bend and always break defense any more than the next guy, but it's what we have played for the past 52 years. It is what it is.
    • I mean, even the lackluster Colts media were talking about cornerbacks both possible draft-targets and veterans.   When people were talking corners they were talking 1st and 2nd rounders and proven veterans. Noone were clamouring for another 5th+ round project. That's not what we needed.   I don't think people are * Brents got hurt. It's unfortunate it happened once again and probably derailed his future career. People are really * about the contingency plan, though, because that's been talked about since AT LEAST early March.
    • It’s shifted because people are complaining the Colts didn’t address corner to their satisfaction.  Even though they picked corners in R 5 and 6.     It’s shifted because people are * that Brent’s got hurt otherwise this topic wouldn’t have even been brought up.     You mixed your corner theory’s.  One was that we’d likely use a 1st or 2nd round pick in the draft.  That’s true.     Now it’s why didn’t bring in a veteran corner?   Was there talk about it?   Sure,  a typical off-season conversation.  But there’s no comparison — none at all — of conversation here for the need to sign a vet FA safety vs the need to sign a vet FA corner.   By comparison, safety was a Hot Topic, while corner was almost an afterthought.    That’s my recollection. 
    • I'm not saying no one was ever talking about corner. I'm saying the primary focus has been on safety, until recently.    But that's not even necessarily a bad thing. I think safety was the bigger concern, and felt that way until we saw Cross look okay in the preseason. It makes sense for the focus to have changed. (And there might still be a legitimate concern at safety, Cross isn't totally proven, and now Blackmon isn't practicing.)   Bigger picture, I don't think any of this is important. At least for me, my concern is whether the players we have right now are good enough, at both positions, and I'm waiting for Sunday so we can get some indication of who we have out there, and how it looks. But I do think there's some living on both sides of the fence going on this week.
  • Members

• throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ 3,977

• ShuteAt168

ShuteAt168 993

• colts89

colts89 1,063

• KB

KB 1,185

• Solid84

Solid84 7,327

• Derakynn