Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kwitty and Rigoberto

Ballard's decision on Kwitty and Rigoberto extension will be seriously questioned this season. 

Kwitty... its show time with Latu and Ekuban giving him plenty of breather. Time to prove himself as deserving his extension.

Rigoberto... last year he was not his best.  Early games he seems to underperform and that makes me concerned.  I think his injury has reduced his leg strength.

I hope he gets some serious competition at camp.

2 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Ballard's decision on Kwitty and Rigoberto extension will be seriously questioned this season. 

Kwitty... its show time with Latu and Ekuban giving him plenty of breather. Time to prove himself as deserving his extension.

Rigoberto... last year he was not his best.  Early games he seems to underperform and that makes me concerned.  I think his injury has reduced his leg strength.

My recollection is Rigoberto was fine as the season progressed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Kwitty wasn't extended, they just picked up the 5th year option.  Rigo is paid in the middle of the pack for punters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Rigo had best season of his career by over 2 yards which was amazing and had zero touch backs which was first time in career.

Shhhh .....They don't like it when facts get in the way of their narrative 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, AustexColt said:

I think both decisions were good one's.  No issues at all.

• Like 2

besides I do believe Sanchez is our holder for FG unit as well.  This is significant if they (and Matt Gay, who they have invested handsomely in) feel that a chemistry has been developed between kicker and holder. 

The fact that Sanchez is probably only an above average punter is a moot point.  We could gamble and go after a new one that may gain 2 or 4 yards better net, more inside 20, etc....but can they hold and will Gay trust them? Maybe not.  Take the sure thing if you don't have to pay top dollar. 

• Like 1

This just seems like the second guessing fans love to do with anything the Colts do. Had they done the reverse of what they did there would be a thread about that.  Nothing wrong with it fans are free to do that here.

i will say a fifth year option and a punters contract aren’t going to make or break Ballard no matter how they workout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Does it mean anything to you that Kwity had 2 less sacks than $170M Joey Bosey? Bosa played 180 more snaps. Kwity did a great job playing his edge, the run, and covering his flat. He also got his breather on a lot of 3rd downs because... we were developing Dayo and had Lewis who was very effective in rotation on limited snaps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

There was really no option on Paye

It was the right move

He has improved every year

Is he elite? Nope

I hope he has a fantastic year

Yeah, the option just makes a ton of sense. It’s affordable, he’s got good praise for his off-seasons efforts to improve and he and Dayo were heading into a contract year. We can’t expect Latu to go out year one and get double digit sacks (but then again…) so not forcing ourselves into a really tough decision next off-season frees us up to have options. 

1. Extend dayo

2. Extend Kwity

3. draft/trade for/sign replacement for one of them

as opposed to having to find a solution for both. And then we could extend Kwity during the season this year or year after next.

47 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Yeah, the option just makes a ton of sense. It’s affordable, he’s got good praise for his off-seasons efforts to improve and he and Dayo were heading into a contract year. We can’t expect Latu to go out year one and get double digit sacks (but then again…) so not forcing ourselves into a really tough decision next off-season frees us up to have options. 

1. Extend dayo

2. Extend Kwity

3. draft/trade for/sign replacement for one of them

as opposed to having to find a solution for both. And then we could extend Kwity during the season this year or year after next.

I think there will be a time, where we pick the best 2 out of the 3

(This year will be a proving year)

On 5/7/2024 at 1:48 PM, AustexColt said:

Kwity was never extended. They just picked up his 5th year option. Unless you worded that correctly and you meant it as if Kwity gets a contract extension then it will be questioned. 

On 5/7/2024 at 12:48 PM, AustexColt said:

No, probably won’t at all.  Both of these decisions are pretty small ootstoes.  Paye had his option for 2025 picked up & Sanchez is a punter being paid middle of the pack $.  Doibt Either of these are on anyone’s radar.

• Like 1