Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft Thread Day 1 (Final Discussions, Predictions, Rumors, etc…). ****NO SPOILERS****

Just now, John Hammonds said:

He's somebody that can be effective immediately.  He doesn't need seasoning.  Give him a helmet, and let him play.

and let him grow. If he stays healthy, he will be a pillar of this franchise moving forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

He's somebody that can be effective immediately.  He doesn't need seasoning.  Give him a helmet, and let him play.

Agreed. He may be a day 1 starter. Not only that, EDGE will fall off quickly and we can get a CB and WR on day 2.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Oh and now I'm finding out he was told to medically retire due to a neck injury. Fantastic. Surely that can't backfire.

I hope he's the exception to all the DE misses this front office has had at high spots during Ballards tenure. I remember when we were all high on Paye as well lol.

Paye was selected at 15 too…

Just now, Solid84 said:

Thanks… did we trade back that year and still get Paye? 

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Latu wasn't on my radar for us, but I don't dislike it. He's a very high floor guy that will make an impact immediately.

My concern is the injury history. Yeah it’s been two years. Two years since he was told to retire 

• Like 2

The reality is folks, we’re not set long term in having a dominant Edge player. Ebukam is a solid stop gap, Dayo is a swing DE/DT, and Paye hasn’t played well enough for the Colts to pick up his 5th year.

With QB and LT sorted long term, it makes sense to now aim to get a top Edge rusher. There is still capital to improve our WR and CB rooms too.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

@NFLfan and @VikingsFanInChennai Congrats on getting your Hunter successor. That's who I thought he compared to pre-draft. 

Nice... Good picks, I don't know what we gave up to move higher, probably next year draft pick :D this GM has been giving up future draft picks, especially in day 1 and 2, for the present.. (TJ Hock trade, Texans trade, now this Trade to move up). But he is very active in free agency, so hope the moves do work out better than the past. 

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I would say it is confusing why they are trading away so many picks

Maybe they feel the best players are in the first round. I read that the draft is not as strong because the NIL kept underclassmen in school. (They originally traded from the 2nd round to #21 with the intent to package it to trade up to draft Maye or Daniels. Trading up to #3 or #4 did not happen.)

I'm glad to get two first round picks tonight but we have very few picks the rest of the draft.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Maybe they feel the best players are in the first round. I read that the draft is not as strong because the NIL kept underclassmen in school. (They originally traded from the 2nd round to #21 with the intent to package it to trade up to draft Maye or Daniels. Trading up to #3 or #4 did not happen.)

I'm glad to get two first round picks tonight but we have very few picks the rest of the draft.

#23 not 21..

What did Vikings give up to move up now? 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Same here. I can live with it. I don't know how to feel right now because I wasn't on my radar either. 

I don't think he was really on anyones radar.    Most thought he'd go top 10 and we didn't have a chance.   I am super happy 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I'm pretty sure we stayed at 21 and got him.

You’re right. Why am I thinking 15 then. Heck I don’t remember 

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

#23 not 21..

Another 5th this year and a 3rd and 4th next yar

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

#23 not 21..

Next year's 3rd round and 4th round picks and a late pick this year. I don't like giving up all these picks.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Which is the opposite of what most articles were saying. This is also the last year of the extra year for Covid . So that also kept younger underclass man in college this year more so than the NIL money

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Next year's 3rd round and 4th round picks and a late pick this year. I don't like giving up all these picks.

So, you don't have to just sleep off day 2 of 2024 draft (tomorrow)..

But, you'll have to sleep off Day 2 of NFL Draft Next Year as well :funny:

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

So, you don't have to just sleep off day 2 of 2024 draft (tomorrow)..

But, you'll have to sleep off Day 2 of NFL Draft Next Year as well :funny:

I know. We do have some comp picks coming next year.