Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

36 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That is pretty rude. Every person ads  value to this forum. Everyone can have differing opinions. You must value yourself highly if you think your opinion is the only one that is right. 

No one acts like that. This is a forum where we can all share out opinions. Doesn’t mean we don’t have a identity or have other interests.

tell them chloe you are so right

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That isn’t a way to run a franchise. What will be the excuse next year.

Still waiting for you to put on your GM hat. What players that Ballard resigned ( Pittman, Moore, Blackmon, Grove) would you have let go and how would you replace them?

17 minutes ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

Texans just signed diggs and we just signed the last piece of the same defense that allowed Nico Collins to go crazy with no other receiving threat

Huh Blackmon was injured and not playing that game lol.

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Still waiting for you to put on your GM hat. What players that Ballard resigned ( Pittman, Moore, Blackmon, Grove) would you have let go and how would you replace them?

Clearly better players for less duh!

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You realize you can do both. Every team finds a way to keep their important plays plus add a couple players to to improve the team it’s not one or the other. Why is it only colt fans use this excuse.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You realize you can do both. Every team finds a way to keep their important plays plus add a couple players to to improve the team it’s not one or the other.

So sign all 4 and sign big name free agents . Where would you get the money?

• Like 1

You realize you can do both. Every team finds a way to keep their important plays plus add a couple players to to improve the team it’s not one or the other. Why is it only colt fans use this excuse.

Uh no. Not every team retains their players every season. That’s how free agency works. If every team could figure out a way to keep their important players there would be no free agency and draft. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think what is also going unnoticed here, as it seems most are concerned about the division, is that the AFC was a gauntlet before the Texans offseason.

Ravens

Chiefs

Jets

Texans

Bills

Dolphins

Bengals

Browns

Jags

The above is why Ballard is off his rocker. Those rosters compared to ours are off the chain with the exception of the Chiefs, but they have Mahom-Boy. 

If Ballard thinks AR will be Mahomes and elevate all pass catchers like Brady did, he is nutzoid. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I never said they don’t have the right to do so. Just question why they feel the need to. Have you ever been on some of the other teams forums? LOL! My word… Feels like you should have to verify your age to participate. I’ve watched harmless posts disappear, when others stay up that certainly would fall under prohibited posting under the terms of service. That’s all… hypocrisy. You know, sort of like those that complained about Houston trading for Diggs when they not long ago said absolutely not to the idea of the Colts trading for him. 

Gotcha, I do agree with your overall point.  It was the reference to 1984 and the government that I admit kinda set me off.  I've seen waaaay too many people online literally not have a clue what the right to free speech actually protects them from.  

My apologies :) 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do you understand colt fans did not want diggs. No one is whining about not getting diggs. It’s about seeing the teams in the division try to improve while Ballard has not made one move to improve this team.

You mean that Colts fans don’t like the moves that Ballard has made because they don’t fit the narrative that they want to follow?

All 25 starters return from last year is not an improvement? Does continuity not matter?

The Jaguars, Texans and Titans are ALWAYS signing and trading for players to backfill someone they lost in free agency so how is a one for one swap of players seen as an improvement versus retaining your own. 

Additionally, and I cannot stress this enough…….it takes two to tango!!!!! Naptown is boring and Indiana is a flyover state. Most, if not all, free agents will choose other cities to play in regardless of money. There is plenty of history to show that neither the Colts nor the Pacers have ever drawn top flight free agents…..

That is my understanding of the challenges faced by our front office no matter who sits in the seat! So no, I do not understand your (and most “fans”) whining about the other teams in our division. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You realize you can do both. Every team finds a way to keep their important plays plus add a couple players to to improve the team it’s not one or the other.

You may want to tell that to Brandon Beane...the Bills GM or Jones from the Cowboys. It's obvious you know more about running an NFL team than most GMs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Uh no. Not every team retains their players every season. That’s how free agency works. If every team could figure out a way to keep their important players there would be no free agency and draft. 

There was no reason to pay a backup nose tackle. Or pay a guy like Flacco. Ballard used his resources in the wrong places. 

• Like 1

Just now, Indeee said:

I think what is also going unnoticed here, as it seems most are concerned about the division, is that the AFC was a gauntlet before the Texans offseason.

Ravens

Chiefs

Jets

Texans

Bills

Dolphins

Bengals

Browns

Jags

The above is why Ballard is off his rocker. Those rosters compared to ours are off the chain with the exception of the Chiefs, but they have Mahom-Boy. 

If Ballard thinks AR will be Mahomes and elevate all pass catchers like Brady did, he is nutzoid. 

Mahom-Boy

Confused Where Are We GIF by Republic Records

There was no reason to pay a backup nose tackle. Or pay a guy like Flacco. Ballard used his resources in the wrong places. 

Really?  We don't need any depth behind Grover?  We didn't need a new backup QB?  I have the option of playing Franchise mode in Madden with injuries turned off.  Ballard does not.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Superman said:

And from my perspective, it's usually anyone who isn't grabbing a pitchfork that gets called an apologist, or labeled as someone who is content with mediocrity. 

That's interesting, because that's not what I see. I see people who dislike Ballard's approach get shoved in here over the smallest disagreement over Ballard - that's by "apologists" and "neutral" posters by the way.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

and going after people who dare to suggest Ballard is anything short of the worst GM in the history of football and everything he does is wrong just because Ballard did it and aren’t willing to see a middle ground at all.

See, this is what we get thrown in our face if we dare disagree. Then we "go after" people... seriously...

• Like 2

Every team finds a way to find money if there is a player they want or need. Ballard does not have a winning attitude. This is his worse offseason in his entire tenure. Then add every team in the division made moves they hope will improve their team. But go ahead and say I like our guys. Colts played ten backup QB last year. Being one game from the playoffs should not mean sitting on your butt. That isn’t going to happen this year with the quarterbacks.

Just now, Mikemccoy84 said:

Not to mention last year we had a rookie head coach and everyone added a year of experience in this system.

They also played ten backup quarterbacks.

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

They also had a huge fire sale and traded away some of their best players to accumulate extra picks. Their “superstar” QB ended up being an * and the Browns ended up being even bigger *s in trading for him. 

Not to mention the Texans absolutely sucked for like 2-3 years straight. 

I get your point, I do. But, I'd rather SUCK for 2-3 years than stay mediocre for 8. I'm not saying one way is right and the other isn't, but this is how I feel about it.

1 minute ago, Jason_ said:

Really?  We don't need any depth behind Grover?  We didn't need a new backup QB?  Ballard isn't playing Madden with injuries turned off.

Shhh....she doesn't realize how good the Colts were at stopping the run when Grove was out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

That's interesting, because that's not what I see. I see people who dislike Ballard's approach get shoved in here over the smallest disagreement over Ballard - that's by "apologists" and "neutral" poster by the way.

See, this is what we get thrown in our face if we dare disagree. Then we "go after" people... seriously...

I was all for letting Ballard have a reset finally getting a QB and a new coach. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. So in no way are we saying he is the worst. But he clearly isn’t helping a young team strive to be better.

Just now, Solid84 said:

I get your point, I do. But, I'd rather SUCK for 2-3 years than stay mediocre for 8. I'm not saying one way is right and the other isn't, but this is how I feel about it.

Well unless you're willing to tank, there's no way to make sure you suck for 2-3 years.

Every team finds a way to find money if there is a player they want or need. Ballard does not have a winning attitude. This is his worse offseason in his entire tenure. Then add every team in the division made moves they hope will improve their team. But go ahead and say I like our guys. Colts played ten backup QB last year. Being one game from the playoffs should not mean sitting on your butt. That isn’t going to happen this year with the quarterbacks.

I am willing to hold judgement until draft cause the 2 biggest needs WR and CB are stacked this class

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Solid84 said:

They haven’t even reaped the awards of those extra picks yet either. That  will happen next couple of years as those players develop.

Just now, Solid84 said:

Let’s also not crown the Texans just yet. They barely made the playoffs against a Colts team with a backup QB. And honestly if the Jags had not shot themselves in the foot and Lawrence not been injured neither the Colts nor Texans would’ve been in. 

So much can happen each season. I think Houston is on the right track, but there are a lot of variables. And lest we forget, the Chiefs have a pretty strong chance at threepeating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

hey now. People play madden and religiously follow pff… they are more than qualified to run a multi billion dollar football franchise. Far better than these losers that have worked 70 plus hours a week for decades in the business. 

So, if you don't have any first hand experience doing "X" job, you can't comment on the results of people doing "X" job - is this what you're saying?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Shhh....she doesn't realize how good the Colts were at stopping the run when Grove was out.

We allowed one yard more with grove out. What does it matter if you can’t stop the pass in a passing league. Grover is durable and we won games without him.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

That's interesting, because that's not what I see. I see people who dislike Ballard's approach get shoved in here over the smallest disagreement over Ballard - that's by "apologists" and "neutral" poster by the way.

"Get shoved in here"? You mean, the decision to have a Ballard complaint thread? You can PM me on that if you want. Otherwise, it's a decision made by the mod team, and that's all there is to say about it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, adubb84 said:

I’m still in the belief that if we get cooked this season Ballard “may” not make it. I’m praying AR is the real deal and can stay healthy. The Texans offense is absolutely loaded right now. We already had trouble stopping them already. Now they added Mixon and Diggs. *Sigh*

Grigson loved that line too. Betting on the rookies you drafted the year prior making a leap and the incoming rookie class being the solution to last seasons problems is playing with fire IMO. It worked with LT and RG this year as Raiman and Fries took big leaps, but that’s not going to work every time.

And betting on the draft fixing your issues is also a gamble when our GM likes traits based players. And that’s kind of been the identity of this team. Always 2-3 years out because we’re waiting on players to develop. I heard a quote once that said you use free agency to plug holes, and the draft to supplement FA. It’s seems Ballard is doing it in reverse.

It just seems like a lot to put all your money on your 1st and 2nd year players to improve the team.

Edited by Defjamz26

6 hours ago, Solid84 said:

They should've re-signed their own then spent 5 years trying to build up their team through the draft - much better approach... 🤦‍♂️

is that ballards method? if so we will win the division lol

• Like 1

Just now, Solid84 said:

So, if you don't have any first hand experience doing "X" job, you can't comment on the results of people doing "X" job - is this what you're saying?

Everyone has a right to an opinion. But for those of us who have played or worked around the game, we have a bit more insight. 

And again, being critical of Chris should be happening because his choices have led us to this point. But calling him an * and demanding that he gets fired? Well you’re not going to get what you want…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Idk. I don’t think you realize the odds of getting back past your definition of mediocre after several years of sucking… it’s not great. Meaning: we could tear it all down, suck for 2-3 years, and then suck for decades. I’d rather stick to the approach we are watching, even if we just have a few winning seasons sprinkled in. I think there are better odds of building consistent competitors this way than starting over. Just my opinion. We’ve seen a change in approach to premium positions- could even further this draft. My main point is this- I just don’t want to suck… 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

no- so don’t put words of which I am not saying. I have never tried to silence anyone here. If someone has the right to comment against a professional’s way of doing things, another has the right to question the comment/thought. My point is more about individuals on here thinking they are correct in their sole-way of thinking, and even going as far to state their opinions as facts. Which is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

no- so don’t put words of which I am not saying. I have never tried to silence anyone here. If someone has the right to comment against a professional’s way of doing things, another has the right to question the comment/thought. My point is more about individuals on here thinking they are correct in their sole-way of thinking, and even going as far to state their opinions as facts. Which is hilarious.

No you just seem to think mocking them is ok.

• Like 1

No you just seem to think mocking them is ok.

not mocking the person...mocking the "sky is falling" and "I know better" posts

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Of coarse we comment,  but acting like you have any idea how the job works is nonsense.    

There are people that criticize scientist because they think the earth is flat.   

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Of coarse we comment,  but acting like you have any idea how the job works is nonsense.    

There are people that criticize scientist because they think the earth is flat.   

Exactly...flat earthers and sovereign citizens are who I point to when people say that an opinion can't be wrong. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Everyone has a right to an opinion. But for those of us who have played or worked around the game, we have a bit more insight. 

And again, being critical of Chris should be happening because his choices have led us to this point. But calling him an * and demanding that he gets fired? Well you’re not going to get what you want…

Yep nothing wrong with being critical of Ballard.  He’s made mistakes.  It’s beyond fair to call him on those and state when you disagree with a move and why you disagree.  

Where it crosses the line is attacking people who dare to have an opinion that Ballard is anything short of the worst GM in the history of football and labeling those people as Ballard fan boys.  A lot of the people who pushing back against that also say Ballard has made mistakes and they don’t agree with everything he’s done.  So clearly they aren’t here just to carry Ballard’s water for him.  

Like I said before you can look at what Ballard has done understand HIS logic and the fact YOU have no control over it and still not agree with Ballard but also know he’s not doing what he’s doing because he’s stupid or doesn’t care.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That isn’t a way to run a franchise. What will be the excuse next year.

Can you lay out in great detail how to run a professional sports franchise?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

Well unless you're willing to tank, there's no way to make sure you suck for 2-3 years.

I don't think "tank" is the right word for it. Roster reset. Rebuild. If you let go of a handful of your highest paid players chances are the team will be worse. But, sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.

• Like 1