Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

32 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If this team has less wins then last season he is gone after this season.

AR may take his lumps in his first full season.  So the Colts could go 8-9 in 24 and I don’t think he gets fired.   But below 8 wins and I think his seat would go from warm to hot pretty quick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Are these reputable folks?

IMO they are some of the best young analysts out there. Peter King mentioned Solak in his retirement column as someone from the young generation that's doing good work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Again that would reflect on Ballard if there was a culture issue with the Colts but I have heard nothing to support there is a problem there, especially with Steichen as HC. And why would someone choose the Titans over the Colts? Titans are a worse team with a worse QB. 

Does Indiana tax wages?

You don't have to go classic Dan Snyder, but throwing the fans an occasional free agency bone is good for business.  Excite the fan base a little and keep them interested.  

This is the least interest I've had in an offseason and draft since I don't know when.  

• Like 1

Just now, stitches said:

I was ballparking it 10.5+7.5(Davis), Taven Bryan(3.5M... that's what we paid him last year... haven't seen the new number), Franklin(10M)... 

Okay for a second I thought you were adding Buckner into the 35 million, which I thought was crazy since he was 4th in sacks for DTs. Thanks for clarifying. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

That is a classic example of using selective data to try and prove a point while overlooking the bigger picture to those 10 years.

Tends to happen here all the time.

4 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Does Indiana tax wages?

Yes

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

AR may take his lumps in his first full season.  So the Colts could go 8-9 in 24 and I don’t think he gets fired.   But below 8 wins and I think his seat would go from warm to hot pretty quick. 

And that will get Ballard fire because he left obvious holes in the roster.

11 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

That is a classic example of using selective data to try and prove a point while overlooking the bigger picture to those 10 years.

So you realize Texans lost their franchise QB after Andrew luck retired and have already eon the division?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The bigger point should be that we have arrived at a place where 10-7 would feel like a major accomplishment, a major success.

If that's the case, and it is, you're on the wrong path.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

And that will get Ballard fire because he left obvious holes in the roster.

So you realize Texans lost their franchise QB after Andrew luck retired and have already eon the division?

What does the Texans have to do with that data?......the point they were trying to make was that our record last season isn't an indication of progress for next season......and just pinning up the win records for the last 10 years is not useful in that regard 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mikemccoy84 said:

At least the offense can improve a lot just by being healthy and available. I imagine it’s gonna be a lot more explosive just having Jt and Richardson play together. We barely even seen that last year.

Maybe we should just shut the game off when on defense lol. I agree offense is going to be fun.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

IMO they are some of the best young analysts out there. Peter King mentioned Solak in his retirement column as someone from the young generation that's doing good work. 

Did you hear what they said? They said smart teams do not spend a lot on free agency (when they were talking about the Cowboys). I agree with them.

The part about the Colts had not played yet.

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Building through the draft is fine. 

If you can do it. 

Too many of Ballard’s day 1 and 2 picks are just absolute bombs. Theres some hits, lots of JAGs, and waaaay too many guys who don’t even become JAGs. The bad outweighs the good when it comes to Ballard in the first 3 rounds. 

He may be the best GM in the draft on day 3, but days 1 and 2 are suspect at best. 

His method of drafting guys with lime green RAS bars has produced mediocre results. 

We’ve seen what he can build through the draft. A team that sinks multiple picks in the first two days of the draft in the same room and STILL needs to do it again the next year because the need has not been filled. Now that list of rooms is growing

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

the list of his 2nd round misses is crazy 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did you hear what they said? They said smart teams do not spend a lot on free agency (when they were talking about the Cowboys). I agree with them.

The Chiefs must be stupid then. Same with the Patriots during their 7 SB run. 

I guess it’s needs more nuance…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think smart teams spend selectively in FA and smart teams have much better focus on areas of the team that best correlate with winning. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If this team has less wins then last season he is gone after this season.

It should be that way. I’d say even the same number of wins with a mostly healthy Richardson would also be a fireable offense as well. You should have a better team with a mostly healthy Richardson. 

• Like 4

Just now, Solid84 said:

Do the Chiefs sign a lot of free agents from other team? Most of their key players are acquired through the draft, not through signing numerous high-priced free agents from other teams.  Only the Rams from a few years ago seemed to find that to be a good approach. Yet their top acquisition, Stafford, was acquired by trade, not free agency.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Do the Chiefs sign a lot of free agents from other team? Most of their key players are acquired through the draft, not through signing numerous high-priced free agents from other teams.  Only the Rams from a few years ago seemed to find that to be a good approach. Yet their top acquisition, Stafford, was acquired by trade, not free agency.

The Chiefs sign FAs every year. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Whoops, missread your post. Read it as they don’t spend, which is just nonsense. Missed the “a lot”. Apologies. 

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

The Chiefs sign FAs every year. 

Like Valdez-Scantling. He is a secondary type guy, the type of player that Colts fans would criticize if Ballard signed him. He is a Ballard type of signing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Trying and failing is better than not trying at all. 

Seems as if he tried, no?

Tried for Hunter, failed

Tried for Sneed, failed

Which is it? Is Ballard trying or not? If he did try for them, are you saying that is that better than not? Credit or no?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Seems as if he tried, no?

Tried for Hunter, failed

Tried for Sneed, failed

Which is it? Is Ballard trying or not? If he did try for them, are you saying that is that better than not? Credit or no?

Every year we hear he tried and failed. Going for a 31 year old pass rusher is so dumb when the secondary is this bad.  Just shows how flawed his roster building is. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I would be surprised if Ballard takes a CB at 15. I think it's more likely he takes a DE than CB... 

Ballard will not go DE. Chances are the couple that are worth it will go before colts. We are loaded on the dline. If he does further evidence he doesn’t know what he is doing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Every year we hear he tried and failed. Going for a 31 year old pass rusher is so dumb when the secondary is this bad.  Just shows how flawed his roster building is. 

Yeah I've seen you post this exact post at least 3 times in the last couple hours. Shows how little you actually care.(Your words)

Hunter is 29, as has been pointed out to you already. Will be 30 mid season.

You've been told plenty of times there are plenty of options for the secondary still available. Yet continue act as if we will go into the off-season with the (75) players we have now.

We will be adding 3-5 more players to the secondary.

Would you change your tone a little bit if we signed Simmons, Diggs, Witherspoon or White tomorrow?

If so, try and exercise a little more patience. If Ballard doesn't add to the secondary by camp, I'll join you in discourse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

What big name free agents did the Patriots bring in?

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard will not go DE. Chances are the couple that are worth it will go before colts. We are loaded on the dline. If he does further evidence he doesn’t know what he is doing.

Quality Edges and ends often go outside of the 1st round. Chris Jones says hello. Calais Campbell, Robert Mathis, Elvis Dumervil, Trent Cole, Aaron Smith, Jared Allen and Jason Smith also say hello. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

They spoke on behalf of the Colts fans here. They summarized the thoughts of the fans of this forum. They called the moves "boring". They said, "Do something". Lol.

Mel Brooks Slapstick GIF by IFC

They seem to like Anthony Richardson. But one likes Caleb better. Caleb has too much attitude. I like AR.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah I've seen you post this exact post at least 3 times in the last couple hours. Shows how little you actually care.(Your words)

Hunter is 29, as has been pointed out to you already. Will be 30 mid season.

You've been told plenty of times there are plenty of options for the secondary still available. Yet continue act as if we will go into the off-season with the (75) players we have now.

We will be adding 3-5 more players to the secondary.

Would you change your tone a little bit if we signed Simmons, Diggs, Witherspoon or White tomorrow?

If so, try and exercise a little more patience. If Ballard doesn't add to the secondary by camp, I'll join you in discourse.

You going to keep saying this when we get to camp and no vets except maybe Blackmon are added. Colts only have 13 million in cap space after they deduct what they need for the draft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Chloe, you still don't get it. Ballard does NOT value CB at that level. I really doubt he spends a top 15 pick on the position, especially since NONE of the top CBs in the draft cover his length requirements for the position. He might trade back to the end of the 1st or beginning of R2 and take like... Kool-Aid McKinstry or TJ Tampa or Ennis Rakestraw ... 

But you know what position he really values? He values the hell out of the trenches and especially defensive trenches... and there are players in that 15 range that fit the bill... Dallas Turner(if he falls to 15)... he's like almost carbon copy of the guy he tried to sign in FA - Danielle Hunter if you look at his measurements and testing, Jared Verse, Chop Robinson, Latu... he can easily fall in love with any of them IMO, 

• Like 3