Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts NFLPA Report card (Not great) (MERGE)

runthepost

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't like that the players have to travel in smaller seats than the front office.....especially because Ballard believes in building in the trenches, which means a lot of our better players are Big OL/DL and feel more cramped than other players.AND front office people!!! :funny:

Animation Domination Lol GIF by gifnews

They take 2 72 seat planes to away games.   I'm guessing there is plenty of room

53 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The one I thought was funny was not providing childcare on game days. These players are making enough to get their own babysitters on game days. 

But,  most other teams do provide childcare.  Players on other teams can afford it as well.   They are comparing their experience to other nfl players experience.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I have heard they don’t stay in the best hotels.

NFL players and staff all use high end hotels for home and away games.   I'm not sure where you heard otherwise

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Team travel plan includes a lot -  their own travel class, how their families are allowed to travel, the type of facilities they get in different cities - training, good, nutrition, how the team equipment travels along with the team and be ready for practice in New places, how their travel and family experience got impacted during a monsoon week or heavy snowfall week , how the same experience varies when the team needs to travel internationally - how the team adjusts for jet lag, sleep, food change, etc., 

so on.. you imagine every scenario that they go through during the season, and during off-season as well.

There's an Equipment team in every NFL franchise for transporting equipments - from helmet, pads, etc., to make stickers for different events such as cancer awareness week or military appreciation week, to prepare new jerseys and helmets fitting to the T on the first day the rookies arrive at the facility after the Draft, to have player requested custom stickers on Cleats, etc., 

etc., 

It all adds up to the Player Experience. 

LOL.  “The player experience.”  Spoiled children/millionaires.

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The one I thought was funny was not providing childcare on game days. These players are making enough to get their own babysitters on game days. 

It's all about how is related to other NFL teams, as players have friends all over the league and know how some of their friends get to have day care at the facility.

It's like management of a company gets perks like travel reimbursement, hotel facilities, breakfast, etc., while the low level worker catches a bus and train to reach the city to walk for a mile to the office, only to hear the manager whine about traffic or how everyone should come early to office like him.

Low level worker can find it funny that manager gets all these perks and still whines, but that's how the world is. Everyone at different level expect accommodations at their level.

NFL players have their worries to have family during the games and how they will have to drop off kids before the game somewhere else before coming to the stadium and how it would've been better to have that facility available in stadium itself so that the player only has to worry about the travel to the stadium on Game Day.

At the end of the day, fans are going to whine if the player loses concentration, and players need to ensure they are at most peaceful state on Game Day when their only focus should be on making plays and winning games.

Why are the majority of you refusing to understand from a player's perspective?

Rather look from your fan perspective, and say "Hey, see they're millionaires, and still whine about not having day care in the stadium for their children"??

Can't you understand? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

NFL players and staff all use high end hotels for home and away games.   I'm not sure where you heard otherwise

they stay in downtown hotels and there is rarely a dirty, crappy hotel downtown.  

On 2/28/2024 at 7:34 PM, NewColtsFan said:

No.  Sorry, you didn’t read the full report.  

The Colts are one of only seven teams that don’t provide day care.   That means the other 25 teams DO PROVIDE the service.   This is a very damning report all around for the Colts.  

Ballard got Irsay to sign off on a big facility upgrade when he got the job in 2017.   What this report says is they didn’t do a good enough job when it was done.  And it says decisions they’ve made since then are really foolish and anger the players.   Like when the team flies the front office sits in bigger wider seats while the players sit in smaller seats.  Like poor quality food at the facility.  

This is very disappointing to me.   

The facility upgrades came to mind for me as well.  That’s a shame that even with the upgrades they are grading this way.  Makes me wonder how bad they were before.  

I have noticed that you cannot find a full facility tour online the way you can for most teams.

12 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

The facility upgrades came to mind for me as well.  That’s a shame that even with the upgrades they are grading this way.  Makes me wonder how bad they were before.  

I have noticed that you cannot find a full facility tour online the way you can for most teams.

I don’t think this report has been around for very long.   Certainly two years, but I don’t know how many years total?   3?  4?  Or just 2?   

Whatever the answer, I’ll be curious how the Colts grade out next year…..  

7 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

It's all about how is related to other NFL teams, as players have friends all over the league and know how some of their friends get to have day care at the facility.

It's like management of a company gets perks like travel reimbursement, hotel facilities, breakfast, etc., while the low level worker catches a bus and train to reach the city to walk for a mile to the office, only to hear the manager whine about traffic or how everyone should come early to office like him.

Low level worker can find it funny that manager gets all these perks and still whines, but that's how the world is. Everyone at different level expect accommodations at their level.

NFL players have their worries to have family during the games and how they will have to drop off kids before the game somewhere else before coming to the stadium and how it would've been better to have that facility available in stadium itself so that the player only has to worry about the travel to the stadium on Game Day.

At the end of the day, fans are going to whine if the player loses concentration, and players need to ensure they are at most peaceful state on Game Day when their only focus should be on making plays and winning games.

Rather look from your fan perspective, and say "Hey, see they're millionaires, and still whine about not having day care in the stadium for their children"??

Can't you understand? 

Can’t you understand that what we’re saying is that this survey makes them sound like spoiled brats? 

there’s companies that offer childcare as part of their benefit packages, but a majority don’t.

Every single day, people around the world are having to worry about balancing their work and family lives. That’s part of being a parent. 

we keep hearing this “players are people too” attitudes, okay fine. Then like the rest of the world, take responsibility for your own childcare. If other teams offer it, great, those that don’t, oh well. 

8 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Can't you understand? 

I take the millionaire comments as people relating as employees and parents, not just as fans. These players aren’t the first fathers to have a job. Working as a parent brings on a set of obstacles and challenges that can be difficult but ultimately is their responsibility. Sure it’s nice if your employer can help in certain ways but at no time should it be expected and instead appreciated. Parents of all classes endure this life balance every day. If the entry level worker is expected to figure it out and show up focused and ready to work then I get the idea millionaires might have an easier time doing the same. 

It’s completely unfair but as a whole society doesn’t take well to rich people complaining about common task in day to day life. You are right that every level in the hierarchy will have their complaints.  They are justified as well. Still, people will complain about people complaining until the end of time. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Can’t you understand that what we’re saying is that this survey makes them sound like spoiled brats? 

there’s companies that offer childcare as part of their benefit packages, but a majority don’t.

Every single day, people around the world are having to worry about balancing their work and family lives. That’s part of being a parent. 

we keep hearing this “players are people too” attitudes, okay fine. Then like the rest of the world, take responsibility for your own childcare. If other teams offer it, great, those that don’t, oh well. 

Similarly, it's players' survey. They're just responding to what NFLPA asks players of all 32 teams, and many teams offer daycare so the teams that don't offer and their players are going to refer that as something they'd like to have. NFLPA tries to check all the boxes around the league on how every team manages players, and give a healthy, individualized plan to get the best out of players while giving the best experience for the players, and daycare is just one among many. 

You said majority of companies don't offer, but the context here is 32 NFL teams. If many teams offer that, then the situation is different here.

We cannot compare real world with the players here, because real world doesn't require their employees to pour all their effort into the work for the most of 20 weeks of every year all together, real world doesn't have the benefit of an off-season either, real world doesn't have the high reward / high risk model that sportsmen live either. Comparing real world is apples to oranges, that players are people too doesn't need to mean players have to get on with real life issues of the common man. Players have to live entirely a completely different lifestyle during the career! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Bengals have been known for decades to be very......to put it nicely like another poster did....frugal..

Yeah but wow 4 F-…. That’s bad. Interestingly enough, it’s in the same categories the colts got low marks for

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...