Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 15th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Colts select???

On 1/21/2024 at 9:20 AM, IndyScribe said:

I find it funny how much Colts fans want AR to fail. Did you know Luck was asked to convert to LB? Yet I never heard anyone say anything about moving him to a different position...

If Luck was still our QB, people would get crucified for suggesting we take a first round QB to be a backup due to his injuries. But people are more than happy to do it for AR, who had a fluke injury, and has looked promising in his limited play. Sometimes I wonder if you guys are really Colts fans. Instead of supporting him, people already want to replace him. 

Who asked Luck to move to linebacker and when did that happen?  

On 1/7/2024 at 8:50 PM, smittywerb said:

Penix isn’t making it out of the top 10.  There are about 5 teams ahead of us who are going to go QB.

5 QBs in the first 15 picks would be crazy impressive. Not impossible but I don’t think that happens often. Last time was 2021 but before that it was a very long time I think.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 12:20 PM, IndyScribe said:

I find it funny how much Colts fans want AR to fail. Did you know Luck was asked to convert to LB? Yet I never heard anyone say anything about moving him to a different position...

If Luck was still our QB, people would get crucified for suggesting we take a first round QB to be a backup due to his injuries. But people are more than happy to do it for AR, who had a fluke injury, and has looked promising in his limited play. Sometimes I wonder if you guys are really Colts fans. Instead of supporting him, people already want to replace him. 

Interesting take as I personally never once said I wish AR to fail.  Only forwarding on what others have documented about AR's body build more similar to a tight end, which is true compared to Kylen Granson or even Will Mallory.  Although most TEs typically have the similar height that AR does but weight more in the 260-pound range.  It does seem true that AR is probably the heaviest of all starting NFL QBs with I think Dak closest to AR.  Do wonder if AR would benefit from shredding some of the weight and get closer to Lamar's playing weight and how much more dynamic of a player he could be.  Now the last QB that I do remember weighing around AR as a comparison would been JaMarcus Russell.  Leave it at that...  

2 hours ago, Anthony Moore said:

Colts should move up in the draft try to get #3 from NE offering 3 1st rd picks not this year's but after, and 2nd Rd pick this year pick Marvin Harris Jr with the #3 if available and get an edge rusher with the #15 pick this year. 

No they shouldnt. Id never give that much for a WR. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Interesting take as I personally never once said I wish AR to fail.  Only forwarding on what others have documented about AR's body build more similar to a tight end, which is true compared to Kylen Granson or even Will Mallory.  Although most TEs typically have the similar height that AR does but weight more in the 260-pound range.  It does seem true that AR is probably the heaviest of all starting NFL QBs with I think Dak closest to AR.  Do wonder if AR would benefit from shredding some of the weight and get closer to Lamar's playing weight and how much more dynamic of a player he could be.  Now the last QB that I do remember weighing around AR as a comparison would been JaMarcus Russell.  Leave it at that...  

But why would you ever entertain converting AR to tight end. He's a QB and will remain a QB for the rest of his career. If he fails, it's going to be as a QB. I made the Luck comparison because no one would ever think about converting Luck to another person, even though he was built like a LB. Josh Allen has a similar build to Richardson. Are you converting him to TE? You'd be run out of Buffalo for suggesting it. I don't understand the Russell comparison. Just because they're the same weight means he's going to be like Russell? Jamarcus Russell notoriously didn't practice or work hard. Richardson is the exact opposite. If you're going to compare him to someone, use a more accurate comparison, like Josh Allen. I swear, half of you would've converted Josh Allen to LB after his rookie season because he wasn't that good. 

3 hours ago, Anthony Moore said:

Colts should move up in the draft try to get #3 from NE offering 3 1st rd picks not this year's but after, and 2nd Rd pick this year pick Marvin Harris Jr with the #3 if available and get an edge rusher with the #15 pick this year. 

Let me ask you this, if MHJ was named Jamarr Chase, would you still be willing to give up that much to move up for him? No, you wouldn't. I don't care that he's the son of a legend. That's not worth the trade up. Colts can move up to 8-10 and take an equally impactful player. There's no need to sell the farm for MHJ.

I'm starting to feel better about getting a CB if it does come down to it. Nate Wiggins is pretty fast and good at zone. Kool Aid apparently has some field general tendencies, which is something our young secondary, and defense in general, could really use. I've heard one scouting report thins morning that said due to his 4.5 speed, he might be a good option to move to FS. A field general at FS that's as good at zone as he is supposed to be would be nice. They would have to be BPA of course. After all WRs, Bowers, and the top DEs are gone. Fun time a year thinking of all the possibilities. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Say we traded back in the first and picked up Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami and maybe another 2nd or 3rd rounder. How would you feel about that?

It depends on how other players are evaluated and rated.  Personally, before each draft, I try to prioritize positions with fewer "safe" picks (I know you can never be sure), then move onto other positions with more equality of talent spread over the rounds.  However, if you can get a true difference maker, that skews that process.  Kinchens is a good to great S, but are there other S's in the draft whose talent level is close to his that could be had in later rounds?  JMO

• Like 2

Seen talks in two threads about drafting a QB in the first round and now also moving AR to TE.  WTH is going on lol?!?  Listen, I was against the AR pick before and I don’t think he will work out for us now either. Still, we better put a team around this guy and give him the best chance to succeed. He is the chosen guy to be the franchise so you have to back it up.  Saying that, if there isn’t an obvious weapon in the first then we have to go defense bc that side of the ball is truly lacking elite players. A good D will help AR as well 

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Seen talks in two threads about drafting a QB in the first round and now also moving AR to TE.  WTH is going on lol?!?  Listen, I was against the AR pick before and I don’t think he will work out for us now either. Still, we better put a team around this guy and give him the best chance to succeed. He is the chosen guy to be the franchise so you have to back it up.  Saying that, if there isn’t an obvious weapon in the first then we have to go defense bc that side of the ball is truly lacking elite players. A good D will help AR as well 

Not gonna happen

12 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

But why would you ever entertain converting AR to tight end. He's a QB and will remain a QB for the rest of his career. If he fails, it's going to be as a QB. I made the Luck comparison because no one would ever think about converting Luck to another person, even though he was built like a LB. Josh Allen has a similar build to Richardson. Are you converting him to TE? You'd be run out of Buffalo for suggesting it. I don't understand the Russell comparison. Just because they're the same weight means he's going to be like Russell? Jamarcus Russell notoriously didn't practice or work hard. Richardson is the exact opposite. If you're going to compare him to someone, use a more accurate comparison, like Josh Allen. I swear, half of you would've converted Josh Allen to LB after his rookie season because he wasn't that good. 

Please do the world a favor and stop making up crap.  Sure am not different than most people here that do not like when someone keeps adding words and ranting on about stuff that was clearly taken out of context.  Not once but now twice.  For the love of a God please keep it to yourself.

On 1/22/2024 at 9:45 PM, funktacious2 said:

5 QBs in the first 15 picks would be crazy impressive. Not impossible but I don’t think that happens often. Last time was 2021 but before that it was a very long time I think.

5 may be a stretch but 4 is a realistic call

It will matter how Bo Nix and Penix test

On 1/23/2024 at 11:04 AM, KB said:

I'm starting to feel better about getting a CB if it does come down to it. Nate Wiggins is pretty fast and good at zone. Kool Aid apparently has some field general tendencies, which is something our young secondary, and defense in general, could really use. I've heard one scouting report thins morning that said due to his 4.5 speed, he might be a good option to move to FS. A field general at FS that's as good at zone as he is supposed to be would be nice. They would have to be BPA of course. After all WRs, Bowers, and the top DEs are gone. Fun time a year thinking of all the possibilities. 

We are looking at trying to stop 2 pinpoint passers in our division that have multiple weapons

We were a 15th ranked offense and defense ranked 24

We desperately need DB help and a pass rusher

I would be very happy if we ended up with Wiggins 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 6:12 PM, MikeCurtis said:

We are looking at trying to stop 2 pinpoint passers in our division that have multiple weapons

I wouldn't  unless Wiggins was the next Revis, 

On 1/24/2024 at 6:12 PM, MikeCurtis said:

Plus with the way gus Bradley plays our CBS even if we took one high I doubt they would have as much impact as someone  like odunze or brian thomas jr

• Like 1