Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

passing game plan

OLD FAN MAN

2 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

it will be interesting what shane comes up with if pitt cant go, been waiting for him to use more tight end passes

I agree. The lack of TE usage is surprising. I’m  hoping to see an uptick in touches there regardless of Pitt’s availability. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

It's going to be tough to run against the Falcons.

Their run defense is ranked 3rd in the league and their corners are good.

I predict alot of short passing to get the ball out of minshews hands quickly 

We are going to have to create Turn Overs to win and I think we will. Their offense is bad at times. If Minshew doesn't Turn it Over, we should be fine.

• Like 2

I imagine we'll see a good mix of all available weapons. We've had good moments with our TEs the past couple of games. Shane is a "take what the defense gives us" type of guy. If the safeties play up for the run, we'll start throwing deep for example. 

Really the plan hasn't changed much throughout the season: Throw to score, run to win. 

That said, Steichen was on Pat's show yesterday and said Pittman is doing fine and is the toughest player on the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he's suiting up on Sunday. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I imagine we'll see a good mix of all available weapons. We've had good moments with our TEs the past couple of games. Shane is a "take what the defense gives us" type of guy. If the safeties play up for the run, we'll start throwing deep for example. 

Really the plan hasn't changed much throughout the season: Throw to score, run to win. 

That said, Steichen was on Pat's show yesterday and said Pittman is doing fine and is the toughest player on the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he's suiting up on Sunday. 

Iron head pittman

On 12/19/2023 at 4:03 PM, OLD FAN MAN said:

what will the colts passing game plan be if pitt cant play sunday, more tight ends, more rb passes, another wr steps up? ideas?

Who knows

But.....  They will have to count on the other WRs and RBs

In the long run, this is good for the team.

• Like 1